Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / v2 Feature Requests

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2015 17:15 Edited at: 21st Jul 2015 17:23
Hey,

I would like to have function pointers.

Something like:
MyArray[1]=GetFunctionPointer(MyFunction())
CallFunction(MyArray[1],Parameter)

Hm... also I doubt it'll make into AGK.
Anyway it would be nice.

Using AGKv2 Tier1
Eqqman
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like the ability to have multiline statements in the IDE.

From reading the top post, it sounds like AppGameKit does not support in-app purchases. I would second the motion of adding this, it is essential in the modern market.

Goo Goo G'Joob!
Yaro
Years of Service
User Offline
Eqqman, use remstart and remend to get multiline comments. I agree that a more universal /* */ syntax would be nice.

And I'm pretty sure it does support IAP. Try looking at http://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/Reference/Extras.htm for guidance.
Wilf
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2015 10:49 Edited at: 27th Jul 2015 10:50
Yaro, /* */ works just fine in AGK.

CodeTrasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2015 10:54
Same here, /* */ works perfectly, no issues whatsoever.

Mah machine: Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 4x3.40GHz | CM Hyper 212 Evo | ASRock H97 Pro4 | 240GB SanDisk SSD | Sapphire Radeon R9 270X Dual-X 2048MB | Seagate HDD 1000GB |
8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600
Jambo B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2015 12:52
Just adding a request for GetEditBoxCursorPosition(). I wrote a thread about it here:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=215027&b=41

I'd really appreciate this; I'm in a bit of a mess without it!

Thanks,

James
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2015 18:52
Id'd really appreciate full Unicode support. Failing that, then at least UTF-8 support.
I've been coding my game around multi-lingual versions and I have spent a lot of time creating bitmap fonts for a lot of languages. I've also spent money sourcing translations and voice over work in many languages, only to realise that most of the languages cannot be implemented because we can only use Windows1252 encoded ASCII.

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
Jambo B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2015 14:55
SendHTTPFile needs to work when the php file which it's talking to is in a password-protected directory:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=215085&b=41

A rename file function would be useful (renaming files in the current write path).

Get cursor position in an edit box.

Thanks,

James

p.s. does Paul read these threads?
Ched80
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2015 21:59
I have an Android app that is >50 MB. This means I can't submit the apk to Google because Google play limit the maximum apk file size to 50 MB. GP suggests storing the extra data in an expansion pack, but there is no way to do this in tier 1. It would be good if the Tier 1 exporter could have an option to put the media folder into an expansion file so that we can submit larger apks to Google Play using Tier 1.

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2015 23:45
@Ched80, not that I've done it myself, but I'm pretty sure you can use expansion files in Tier 1 already. Take a look at DownloadExpansionFile() and GetExpansionFileProgress()...

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
nickele upgraded
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2015 16:03
Yes Funnell7, you are right, but is there a way to create expansion files with Tier 1 commands? The commands you refer to, give a way of loading an already created expansion file, not creating one.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2015 18:34 Edited at: 6th Aug 2015 18:35
An expansion file should only contain assets so doesn't need to be complied via the IDE. All I believe you need to do is zip up your 'expansion' assets and then load them to the Google Play Dev Console for your app...

You then look for the expansion file in your main apk with the commands mentioned above, ensuring you tick the 'Expansion File' option when exporting from the IDE...

Like I say, not actually done it, but seems pretty straight forward...

Using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2015 05:22 Edited at: 20th Aug 2015 02:25
OOOPS
Nevermind
The Input-Raw commands provide what I was requesting.

Sorry about that brain cramp.

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
JulesD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2015 09:16 Edited at: 28th Aug 2015 09:19
Not sure if it was mentioned yet, But the ablity to

create our own 3d mesh.

Add, and manipulate 3d vertices, and ability to use quads.

load height map to create a terrain.

apply material to your newly created mesh.
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not sure what other's thought about widgets, but I imo including the ability to create widgets (or something equivalent on platforms other than Android) will open so much possibility for more creative apps creation.

AGK is plenty awesome with its magic-deploy ability, but by allowing users to make widget (Tier 1), I don't think it will have any more competition that can equally stand up to it
lmr2013
Years of Service
User Offline
the use of google play expansion packs on android for images and sounds, and not just video - would be great.

to get a game < 50mb (when there is a possible 4gb available) is very limiting.

im currently trying to shoehorn a 116mb .apk into 50mb just to get it on the google play store (which is a big market). Shrinking and chopping the graphics and sounds we've worked long and hard over is heartbreaking and can only be done following a number of beers to ease the pain.

there is the workaround option for the player to download stuff off the internet after they install, but it's all bit of a nuisance when there is a potential 4gb available if expansion packs could be used / accessed for the image and sound files.
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2015 14:30 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2015 21:35
Serial Communication is needed.

Why? Well, it opens up a new world of fun aspects for AGK. Currently I'm making an App that needs serial IN. This is not available, but I can 'cheat' by setting up an Arduino as a HID and then use the AppGameKit Joystick command-set to read data sent to it via the USB port from the Arduino.

A bit of a kluge but it works for Serial input. With the benefit of Joysticks having multiple axis (= multiple analogue in) and multiple buttons (= multiple digital in), without much mucking about it is easy to transfer a plethora of control values into AGK.

The other way around however, sending data to a device from AGK... Not figured out a way to do it that isn't overly convoluted.

So getting Serial (Over low speed 1.1 USB is plenty good enough. Over Bluetooth for wireless would be icing on the cake) communication into AppGameKit would be a tremendous boon to my projects, and would make AppGameKit a perfect language for tinkerers to control their little toys from Android devices.

Be it such features get implemented native or as an add-on when extensions are released matters little. I just want some simple easy commands to communicate both ways via USB - and perhaps even Bluetooth in due time.

edit: I'm on AppGameKit v2.0.14b
Delta V Software
Years of Service
User Offline
What I would like to see if more support for object oriented code. Maybe that types can have functions in them? What I would most like to see is making functions first class citizens. So that I can see up a event system (think function pointers from C/C++). Also there should be a This variable that works like the this variable from JavaScript (where This = the parent of the function). This could also be done in the way Lua does it with a hidden self/this parameter as the first parameter to a function. When I call a function that is part of a type the This variable is set to the instance of the type that the function belongs too. This would allow for much better and cleaner code design. It would also not make it more complicated because beginners don't have to use it.
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2015 19:57 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2015 20:00
I think we don't need this topic anymore. The AppGameKit developing is too slow, so we will see all of this features it the next century.
Zuchini
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Need a better C ++ support, the tutorial for Android should be revised.
Compilable C ++ examples.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2015 09:38
feature:
a compiler instruction
#protected_media
the compiler make a new folder "media_protected"
and encrypt files from media to it.
at runtime everything what loads a file in agk from media decrypt it autom.

AGK (Steam) V2 Beta .. : Windows 10 Pro, 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.7.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2015 09:44 Edited at: 7th Sep 2015 09:45
On the subject of media: Would it be possible to have a "Working Media" folder?
That is a folder that can store PSD's, unedited audio files etc. The media files that we need in order to produce the final versions of the media but we don't want them included in the final file so the compiler ignores it and doesn't package it into the EXE or APK.

The way I have to work at the moment is to have two folders in my Projects folder. One for the project itself and then another for the working media. It would be tidier to have the working media inside the project folder.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2015 09:47
I do the same, I keep my working folder at the same level as the media folder. In this scenario I think you would only save the media folder with the exe.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2015 10:44
Ah, so it already works like this?
I suppose that makes sense. I transfer my files between laptop and desktop almost daily so I keep my working media in a separate folder to make zipping smaller. Maybe that's what I was thinking of and that wouldn't make any difference anyway.

So, ignore me. I'm having a brain fart!

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2015 11:58 Edited at: 7th Sep 2015 12:00
It's a valid point. If the folder below /media was included, then I would be screwed. It would hoover up all of my Excel spreadsheets, Word docs and WIP images. I just hope that if such a feature was added, it would be confined to /media

[Edit] I keep my projects in Dropbox / Box folders so that they are always synced. Box has become too unreliable, so Dropbox is my tool of choice at the moment.

TutCity is being rebuilt
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2015 20:11
Feature Req.
mid(Text,a,1)=mid(Text,b,1)

AGK (Steam) V2 Beta .. : Windows 10 Pro, 8.1 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.7.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
I just noticed that Android apps (such as QuickPic) which explores files in Android memories, with recent update, has gained back the freedom to alter files in memory card and phone memory.

In view of this development, is it possible if TGC considers to remove the limitations on file commands? Being able to access files in computers like what we had in DBPro will open so many possibilities.

I understand if it might be difficult to consider in Android, but can we at least get them for PC platform? It will be a fine gift before we all move on to AppGameKit 3
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
@hakimfullmetal, you can already do this in AppGameKit on PCs at least using the SetRawWritePath(str) command. Unless I misunderstand.
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2015 10:00 Edited at: 16th Sep 2015 10:02
It would be really useful if AppGameKit added proper support for Android Expansion files. I've seen plenty of people who have needed this.

I know we can host files on our own server, but this isn't the best way to do it. Google provides the support, will host all the files, and the end user gets to see the full size of the download before they buy it.
Janku Ayanami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2015 13:50
I would like to request classes in tier 1.

The current requests actually fills all the other needs I would ever need.
I have seen around the forums that the devs might compile C libraries for visual studio 2015. I can't wait to start on tier 2 projects.

Though, as I am new here, do the devs post updates when they complete a feature or do they just release a version ?
DavidAGK
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Add inputs to the command GetFirstFile() so that the "First" file is...

1 For newest Created timestamp (as current)
2 For oldest Created timestamp
3 For newest Modified timestamp
4 For oldest modified timestamp
5 For alphabetical
6 For reverse alphabetical

And the GetNextFile command would have to follow suit.

Using Tier 1 AppGameKit V2
Started coding with AMOS (Thanks Francois Lionet)
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2015 15:27 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2015 15:37
NFC decode. (Or at least get text string from NFC tag)

**EDIT** Never mind, they're there, I just couldn't find them in the help files.

**EDIT**EDIT** They're there, but not implemented. So, my original request stands. lol

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2015 21:34
i need to save a image and share with google drive or onedrive or at least save to gallery into a agk/sub folder.
would be great having a share button inside agk for android.

AGK (Steam) V2 Beta .. : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.7.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2015 13:06
It would be great to be able to have separate window sizes and backbuffer sizes.

Currently if you use SetScreenResolution to less than full screen resolution on a PC you end up with a window. The point of this is to allow people to render in a lower resolution to make games run faster if they are too taxing. For example, my laptop have a 1080p screen but struggles to run games at a smooth 60 FPS. It sometimes gives choppy results as the FPS drops. That's why it's better to run games on it at 720p. That's 50% less pixels to render.

Janku Ayanami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2015 11:12
This might be a bit of a long shot, but would a request to have a Nintendo DS plugin be too much ?

I have worked with DS Game maker and I was wondering if the same libs could be used in AppGameKit ?
m0y
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
On Basic Tier 1 I would like to see all Apple Game Center Multiplayer features (the same for Android) without having to implement my multiplayer.

Thanks!
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2015 13:39
GetSpriteShape is missing
AGK (Steam) V2 Beta .. : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (15.7.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
wolfen72
Years of Service
User Offline
again read (and write files) on other folders on android devices, I have made a puzzle game and I need to load (simple txt files) custom/self made levels on SD for example. thank you
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2015 19:23 Edited at: 16th Oct 2015 19:25
I've been coding a key biding feature for my game Rush to Adventure. These are things that I have found that I think needs fixing at some point.

F9 - F12 doesn't generate keycodes.

On my numpad only * and + uses separate keycodes, the other use the same as on the other keys. It should be possible to detect all of them separately IIRC. At least I know other games that uses numpad separate. There's plenty of unused keycodes.

Alt do generate a keycode, but it still sets the program into a different state. Like if a Windows menu is accessed. So it's still unusable within games.

Caps Lock generates no keycode, not sure if it should?

Also I think it's possible to detect left and right versions of Shift, Control and Alt, but AppGameKit doesn't.
maoli249
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2015 08:08 Edited at: 4th Nov 2015 06:23
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2015 15:33
Quote: "Maybe add on the global keyword.."

It's been there since V1.0
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
TutCity is being rebuilt
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 7th Nov 2015 09:00 Edited at: 7th Nov 2015 09:04
out of the box thinking

rapid development...

well for sometime I was thinking about how to improve the process of creation..
and I noticed a lot of times that design is extremely important but takes a lot of time to master.

so what if .. the background of your files inside AppGameKit like behind the code you write.. will have a picture that you can capture while inside your running app
I think it will help , it will enable you to see the exact thing you want to change and keep you alerted of your current progress.
so you can actually put any image that you want in there..
such as when I'm working on several projects simultaneously I sometimes get lost not knowing what project I'm currently in since they all just show main.agc file.. a simple image with some AppGameKit TEXT saying what project this is on the background of the code will help a lot.

so for example:

Rickyes
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like the opportunity 'to create 3D shadows in real time.
So you could include a library that takes care of doing this.
By doing this you can 'call the function with, for example: (shadows, true).
A little 'as and' happened with Blitz3D with external libraries. (Fastlibraries, mini3d, ninfa3d).

Vorrei la possibilita' di generare ombre 3d in realtime.
Quindi si potrebbe includere una libreria che si occupa di fare questo.
Facendo questo l'utente puo' richiamare la funzione con ad esempioshadows,true).
Un po' come e' accaduto con Blitz3d con librerie esterne.(fastlibraries,mini3d,ninfa3d).

haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 10th Nov 2015 09:57
3d shadows will be awesome .

I would like to get an upgraded version of the command:

SetWindowSize(width,height,fullscreen)

where fullscreen can receive any number of integer aiming at different displays connected to your pc.

so if SetWindowSize(1920,1080,2) the app will run on the second display and so on... 3 , 4 ...
so you keep your code against you on the first screen and the running app on the other
that would be extremely helpful , and yeah I know I can just drag it ... but what if I want full screen ?

and maybe even if full screen set to -1 the app will run on all screens stretched obviously I'm also aiming at PC and MAC rather then just Mobiles.

and if you want to keep it in window mode but wants to position it on another screen, what about
SetWindowPosition(x#,y#,screenIndex#) command..
and SetWindowScale(sx#,sy#) so you will keep the same resolution of the window and not just the rendering inside.

this will be extremely helpful.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2015 10:19
Quote: "but what if I want full screen ? "

Move the IDE to the second screen. lol That's what I do.
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 10th Nov 2015 13:17
I was aiming at running multiple apps at one time that will organize themselves ...
so its a bit more advanced then just moving them...
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 10th Nov 2015 16:11
Another request I have is
Motion Blur
such

SetMotionBlur(amount#) // for entire screen
SetObjectMotionBlur(id,amount#) // for render Image objects or just any other object or sprite - so only parts of the visible entities will get it
SetSpriteMotionBlur(id,Amount#)
I know this can be done with a shader..
but a clean one that comes out of the box is a very good solution for mobiles
since even if the fps decrease it looks and feels good.
Bigsofty
Years of Service
User Offline
Couple of requests...

Shadows for the 3D renderer.

C++ inline snipets for the basic (Would need Android NDK for Android)

Inline OpenGLES for customising the render pipeline.

None of the above are easy additions for sure but no harm in mentioning them.

RobbSnow
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to request the DarkDB stuff brought over to AGK2. Maybe as a paid addon if required?

Thanks
haliop_New
User Banned
Posted: 16th Nov 2015 01:03
Could it be possible to do this:

Automated comment of what "if" this endif is referring t

if not an automated comment how about when I
click twice on an Else or Endif or If ... see what is connected to what , where does it start and where it ends ?
I strongly believe it will save time when you have a lot of ifs and loops etc... help organize the code.

and I remember back in the day when I used DARK GDK (RULES!!!) inside visual C++ you could press Control+K and it will organize the entire code where spaces and tabs are needed .

obviously I'm talking about Tier 1.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 09:11:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 09:11:05