Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / v2 Feature Requests

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
beeing able to declare Types in functions
ShaunRW
DBPro Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2017 02:13
Quote: "beeing able to declare Types in functions"

How would you benefit from this feature?
Increase
Years of Service
User Offline
I can put any code into functions, even variable declarations and can have a very clear code frame this way.
fubarpk
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK is my friend
Posted: 23rd Mar 2017 23:57
Quote: "Ide like to see copy image to a section of another image"

A very useful function at the moment the only way to do this is a set of complex memblock functions and
none of the ones i've seen retain the transparency in source image when transferring to target image
fubar
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2017 08:03
Quote: "Quote: "Ide like to see copy image to a section of another image"

A very useful function at the moment the only way to do this is a set of complex memblock functions and
none of the ones i've seen retain the transparency in source image when transferring to target image"

In that case, you haven't seen my collection of functions, here: Extra image functions - 9 Sprite scaling etc.

As for this:

in order to do this:
Quote: "I can put any code into functions, even variable declarations and can have a very clear code frame this way."

If clear code is what you want then keep everything in separate files. Bullet code goes in the bullet file, enemy code in the enemy file etc. That way you can declare you bullet types at the top of your bullet code and everything is clear.

That's what I did in Floppy Birds. All the code is there for you to download, so feel free to see how I did what I've just explained

AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2017 10:09

In AppGameKit, Types are pre-processed. So no matter where you declare them, they will work everywhere.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Increase
Years of Service
User Offline
@scraggle this is a nice solution, but i still wouldn't mind to be able to put everything into functions - however it's a cosmetical thing and not that important

@ batvink

function deftype ()
type hello : greets# : byes# : meets# : endtype
endfunction

main.agc:34: error: Cannot declare a type inside a function
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2017 17:14
My wording wasn't the best.
I was trying to say that your function has access to the type even when it is declared outside of the function.
I don't think I added very much to the conversation
I do the same as Scraggle. One file per functional module, with all of its declarations n the file, but outside of the functions.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
TutCity is being rebuilt
Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2017 19:22
Audio shader [+1]

A shader to modify the wave of a signal, that can be send to the audio device,
in fact it should be just a signal input (playing sound signal) and a signal output (modified by shader), added to the already existing pixel shader implementation.
maybe instead of "gl_FragColor" something like "gl_ModSound" to recieve the signal.
The modified signal is then send to the audio device by agk
=> GPU Sound shaders,
state of the art music tools can be made with agk,
not much work to do.

Win-Win.

[/url]
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2017 08:00
@Increase..
You can do this.

Your code won't actually do anything as you don't actually declare an instance of your type.
Signature removed by mod because it's larger than 600x120... please resize and try again.
Increase
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2017 14:14 Edited at: 27th Mar 2017 14:15
@ mobiius : you are right, my code won't win a pulitzer - it was just about beeing able to put everything into functions

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2017 16:03
Quote: "global type hello : greets# : byes# : meets# : endtype  // this is the fiction i'd like to see becoming real "

But why?!?! lol It works perfectly fine outside the function. This is code that doesn't get executed so doesn't need to be inside the function. It makes no sense to force the program flow to pass over non executing code.

This works perfectly fine.

Signature removed by mod because it's larger than 600x120... please resize and try again.
Increase
Years of Service
User Offline
The more freedom a language offers - the more cross compatible it gets. It's about breaking down unique coding barriers and improving language structures.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2017 08:52
Quote: " It's about breaking down unique coding barriers and improving language structures."

But how does defining types in functions do this whilst defining them outside does not?

I would have thought that the ability to define types outside of functions offers extra freedom as you can literally define them anywhere, in any included file. (I'm not trolling, just trying to understand your reasoning as no actual reasons have been provided as yet.)
Increase
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't understand this - if i can include them in functions AND outside functions - then i have more freedom than when i can do it only outside.

CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2017 14:20
I'm going to be kicking myself if this is already a feature and I'm just clueless....

However, I'd love to be able to "broadcast" to my device over a USB cable, rather than only over WiFi. I've started taking my laptop to parks and whatnot to get a bit of a change of scenery, and without a wifi connection I can't broadcast.
I work full-time making games in AGK2 and DBpro. Living the dream!
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2017 14:54 Edited at: 28th Mar 2017 14:55
You can used a USB connection and the ADB to side load an apk onto your device. It's not as quick as broadasting, but it's near enough.
The hard part is installing the android development tools the first time.
To do it, just open a command window and navigate to wherever you save your apk to. Then you just run:

And boom. It'll be installed on the device. If you want to send it over again, just rerun the adb command.

It may even work if you tether one device to the other. as long as the IP address matches in AGK.
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2017 00:21
Oh yeah, I know about that. It's just time consuming when you want to do it regularly. So I'm saying I'd like a usb broadcast feature so that I can just leave my phone plugged into my laptop on the go and one-click broadcast.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2017 00:24 Edited at: 29th Mar 2017 00:25
What if you teatherd (hotspot) your PC to your phone. Does that work?
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2017 06:21
My laptop doesn't support it, unfortunately it doesn't work on integrated network cards.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2017 06:36
Maybe just get a cheap wifi dongle then
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2017 07:45
Or, as this thread is all about, I could request that they add the option for USB tethering...
MadBit
VIP Member
Gold Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2017 12:43
If we really should write meaningful and good plugins then we also need more direct access to the elements of agk.
cImage and cSprite would not be enough. So I would also like to access cObject3D, cMembolock and other elements.
So we have a similar access as in Tier2.

Please!!!
Share your knowledge. It\'s a way to achieve immortality. (Tenzin Gyatso)
Pixie-Particle-Engine
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2017 15:57
Quote: "What if you teatherd (hotspot) your PC to your phone. Does that work?"

I think I tried this and it didn't work. My laptop will not pick up my parents wifi signal and hold on to it for longer than a second so I tried using my phone as a hotspot and connect the laptop to that to show them something but the AppGameKit player wouldn't receive the signal being broadcast from the laptop.

I've seen USB broadcasting in another development kit/tool that also uses wifi broadcasting.
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 4th Apr 2017 21:39
Quote: "If we really should write meaningful and good plugins then we also need more direct access to the elements of agk.
cImage and cSprite would not be enough. So I would also like to access cObject3D, cMembolock and other elements.
So we have a similar access as in Tier2."

I second this! The current Access for making DLL is useless.
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2017 19:14
often happened that we need full file access to all files/folders that the user can use.
AGK (Steam) V2017.03.31 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (17.2.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS Sierra (10.12.2)
Rasta
Years of Service
User Offline
Support for force feedback or simple vibrating controllers.
Xaby
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2017 13:51 Edited at: 19th Apr 2017 07:28
Markus wrote: "often happened that we need full file access to all files/folders that the user can use."

Every time I need that, I am switching to PureBasic so it would be great, to be able to have the option when compiling a normal tool-application

Support for more Music-Formats and Audio. (nativly, because of the use in Apps for mobile and web, not Windows only)

Amiga-Modules and other Trackers: MOD, S3M, XM, IT, MO3 (or community have to work on that with SoundBuffers (MemBlocks))
Maybe with native ModPlug. (Great work with new plugIn-System Windows only: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/219423 )

The new upcoming OPUS audio codec. In some tests I made, it sound very good with half the rate from MP3 or OGG-Vorbis. It would be possible for mobile to use 48 kbit/s without artifacts. ~ 186 kBytes for 30 sec. of Music, and for speech it's possible to use only 24 kbit/s with good quality.
http://opus-codec.org/downloads/

ASTC (Adaptive Scalable Texture Compression) for textures in RAM compression. DX11 or mobile) for more textures with less RAM needed. Better 3D graphics and so on.
(or DXT / ETC2 / ...)
https://developer.nvidia.com/astc-texture-compression-for-game-assets
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2017 15:07
And what about BLE (Bluetooth) Tier1 support ? (i'm thinking about Game Controllers or Daydream VR Controllers)
--------------------------------
Join us on dedicated AppGameKit WeeKChat :
https://week.chat/room/AppGameKit
UnlimitedMagic
Years of Service
User Offline
I love the Game Guru interface and world builder. Now that AppGameKit has an importer, I've got a path to Android. Is there any plan or do you know of any plugin that will allow me to develop a game for Google Cardboard VR?
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2017 15:19
I've just noticed that Facebook have upgraded to version 2.9 of their API, and since doing that, AGK's Facebook interaction no longer works correctly.

Older apps which are still set up in Facebook developer and using 2.8 or lower work fine, but if you create a new app in facebook developer it automatically get's assigned to the 2.9 api, and wall posts no longer function as intended.
Getafix
Years of Service
User Offline
I have only been using AppGameKit Tier 1 for a short while (and loving it) but coming from C/C++ the two things I miss most of all right now are enums and #constants that can be evaluated.

For enums I would like to write:

enum
IMAGE_PLAYER,
IMAGE_OPPONENT
endenum
resulting in IMAGE_PLAYER having a value of 0 and IMAGE_OPPONENT having a value of 1 (or 1 & 2) and optionally give a starting value for example maybe enum = 1000 resulting in IMAGE_PLAYER having a value of 1000 and IMAGE_OPPONENT having a value of 1001 - but even just a 0 or 1 based list would help a ton. I am now manually updating a list of #constants which is hassle, but it is workable.

For constants I would like to be able to say:

#constant resX 1024.0
#constant resY 768.0
#constant aspectRatio (resX/resY) ` This currently does not compile as the text is substituted directly, not evaluated thus resulting in an error "Variable "resx" is used without being defined or initialised"

Having both of these would make housekeeping so much easier and minimize mistakes for sure.
Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2017 10:05
i need SetTextSize with width and height that GetTextHitTest using this box.
AGK (Steam) V2017.03.31 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (17.2.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS Sierra (10.12.2)
Behdadsoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2017 18:37
please add more video command. especially command for control video depth.
AjiMundi
Years of Service
User Offline
1. Can array be more like other programming language. Having array length = 0 meaning an array of 1 element is kinda confusing. Maybe allow us to choose the type we want to use by enabling certain flag.

2. A Tizen exporter would be nice, although we can probably just convert HTML5.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2017 09:14
Quote: "Having array length = 0 meaning an array of 1 element is kinda confusing"

But, most languages do it that way??
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2017 19:22 Edited at: 17th May 2017 19:25
A new command:
AjiMundi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2017 10:59 Edited at: 18th May 2017 11:01
Quote: "But, most languages do it that way??"

In most language, someArray[3] means an array of 3 elements with indexes of 0, 1, 2. The length is 3.
In AppGameKit Basic, someArray[3] means an array of 4 elements with indexes of 0, 1, 2, 3. The length is also 3 but it's actually 4.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2017 13:05
I agree that the termninology is confusing. But you can't change it now, it would break every project out there.
TutCity is being rebuilt
AjiMundi
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, not saying it should change completely. Maybe allow us to set a flag which changed the default array implementation into the other, kinda like how option_explicit would change how AppGameKit handles variables.
Bigsofty
Years of Service
User Offline
Official Python, LUA or my personal fave AngelScript. All are decades ahead feature-wise than the current Tire 1 Basic, which is quite frankly terrible IMHO.
Arbrakan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2017 22:02 Edited at: 24th May 2017 07:16
Maybe a way to get a color from a pixel of the screen ?

color = GetPixelColor(x,y) ?

And any chance to get PBR ?

Thanks !
Jerry McGuire
Years of Service
User Offline
It'd be great if both Apple and PC additional files could be installed together. They have a lot of overlap which would save space in order to upload them to the "cloud" (say, dropbox). Also, for people working on games for both platforms, it would become more efficient to have two folders instead of four. I know some folders have the same name but different content. But I hope that issue could be somehow figured out.
Thanks,
iMac Book Pro
MacOs 10.12.4
Xcode 8.3.2

iPhone 6, iOS 9.35
Bethleem
Years of Service
User Offline
An "emission map command" to combine with SetObjectColorEmissive( objID, red, green, blue ) and make only certain parts of a object glows.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2017 13:01
I would like to see a Command-Line AGKPlayer for Linux for non-visual projects without the need of OpenGL Libs etc etc...

The aim ? for example to create a AppGameKit Network Server. (although i have created my own server for this purpose but...) ( https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/219676 )

--------------------------------
Join us on dedicated AppGameKit WeeKChat :
https://week.chat/room/AppGameKit
Xaron
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2017 14:08
+1 Mikemax. Please dear dev team! Can't be so hard to create a console only app, mh?
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2017 23:49
I would like to be able to share assets (image/audio/text) with other apps and to also be the recipient of shared assets
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2017 13:30
@Blink0k: There is already a ShareText() and ShareImage() command, Not sure a ShareAudio() would do much good as we can't record our own sounds yet with AGK

This brings me to the point of my post...

Please, Please, Please, Please can we have the RecordSound() commands finished please? I'm sure they have been sat there since v1 but are completely non-functional.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2017 00:41
thanks @prof, that's what i'm after. i would also like to be able to register my app to receive objects as well. is that possible?
triple ditto on the recordsound(). it is critical for the app i'm working on right now
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2017 08:28
Quote: " i would also like to be able to register my app to receive objects as well. is that possible?"

I was looking at the below page the other day and wondering the same thing as you, I have not got round to trying it yet as I have not used Android Studio in quite a long time and don't quite know how to go about integrating it into agk, looks pretty straight forward on the java side though.

https://developer.android.com/training/sharing/receive.html

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:11:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:11:16