Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Android Remake

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 18th Mar 2016 18:30
Are you using the 3D physics for the character controller?
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2016 16:08
This is a cool project and it's great that you are making progress.

Are you sure that you want to add 3rd person perspective if you are doing this as a VR project? I am thinking that it might cause nausea or dizziness when rotating around the character.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2016 13:53
Quote: "Are you using the 3D physics for the character controller?"

Yes I am.

Quote: "Are you sure that you want to add 3rd person perspective if you are doing this as a VR project?"

Yes. Third person will only be for non VR mode. It'll switch to first person mode when head tracking is turned on.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2016 15:18
Update!

STILL! Trying to get the third person camera collisions working. I've tried so many different things all without success.

I'm starting to get annoyed that I haven't been able to implement something so simple as sliding collision! As soon as this is done, I'll finalise the first person camera then move on to something actually useful! (I believe a working day/night cycle is next on my list.)
DARKHALO2K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2016 18:25
The way I created a third person camera for a prototype was to point a raycast from the character out to a short distance behind them, and then place the camera where this ray intersects with an object. Should the raycast not collide with anything, the camera is simply placed where the ray reaches. This way, you only need to create a sliding collision routine for the character, and not the camera.

I hope that makes sense (and helps).
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2016 19:11
DARKHALO2K:
That's a brilliant idea. And probably works like that in a lot of games when I think about it
Stab in the Dark software
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Badges, I don't need no stinkin badges
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 17:01
What about the copy write infringement when using Zelda?
All the other Zelda projects on the internet have gotten a cease and desist order.
Just thought you might want to consider it before you get to far in development.
The coffee is lovely dark and deep,and I have code to write before I sleep.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2016 17:11
Quote: "What about the copy write infringement when using Zelda?
All the other Zelda projects on the internet have gotten a cease and desist order.
Just thought you might want to consider it before you get to far in development"

I'd also point out that if your going to make a game this big.... wouldn't it be better if you could get rewarded afterwards... if it was your rpg with just your creations you could at least make some coin from it. This project you would need to give away for free and you will eventually get the cease and desist order as soon as they find your work. Definitely wouldn't be-able to put ads in it either
Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2016 21:38
I've been a U.S. copyright lawyer since 1975. Although I don't represent you, or anyone else concerned, and I do not purport to offer you legal advice in an attorney-client relationship, my ACADEMIC LEGAL understanding of US copyright laws and cases decided based upon those laws in the forty years I've studied and practiced on the subject suggests that Stab in the Dark raises a point which you should seriously take to heart if you have any intention of distributing your game in the US, and that you should engage a copyright lawyer in your jurisdiction to counsel you on this matter. Consider, for example, the prominent disclaimers that Wikipedia puts on a single low-resolution screen shot from the Nintendo game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:ZELDA_OCARINA_OF_TIME.jpg. I have always regarded Wikipedia as copyright-savvy in the multi-national context. I have no meaningful knowledge and no opinion regarding copyright laws outside the U.S. on this matter.

DARKHALO2K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2016 14:37
Thanks, Digital Awakening. I'm far from a great programmer, but I do enjoy coming up with solutions to problems.

And I look forward to updates on this, Mobiius. Although it's a risk, I doubt you'll receive any cease and desist demands whilst there aren't any downloads available, but I would be interested in seeing more of your own ideas as your skills continue to improve.

Best of luck with this!
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2016 09:53
Quote: "point a raycast from the character out to a short distance behind them, and then place the camera where this ray intersects with an object. "

I am, but none of the rays are registering an intersection..

Quote: "What about the copy write infringement when using Zelda?
All the other Zelda projects on the internet have gotten a cease and desist order."

Quote from page 1: wrote: "For obvious reasons, I'll never sell this game, (and probably won't release it) as I don't want Nintendo to freak out!"

Just using these assets during the development of my game engine so I don't have to come up with placeholder assets myself.
Final game will feature nothing whatsoever from LoZ or any LoZ affiliated software.

I just want to focus on making my game engine first, and creating even a simple level will take time away from that. (Even though I haven't worked on this since I last posted as I can't get raycasting to work..)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:54:34
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:54:34