Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / [STICKY] Forum feedback and suggestions thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jun 2017 00:46
Would it be possible to automatically subscribe to a thread when you post? I think some people post and forget to come back and see if there's a response. I've done it a couple of times and it has happened to me too
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2017 01:05 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2017 01:06
I just realized that i am not getting ANY notifications from the board, even if i subscribe to a thread
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2017 03:28
Me too, I'm not getting any post notifications any more either. I tried unsubbing and resubbing but it doesn't work.
easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 26th Jul 2017 02:47 Edited at: 26th Jul 2017 02:49
This thread is bugged.

Edit: And here's the wayback machine cache of the page in-case it magically fixes itself: https://web.archive.org/web/20170726014826/https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/220090?page=1

My Games - Latest WIP - My Website: Immortal.Digital - FB - Twitter
130,000 installs with AppGameKit and counting
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2017 11:14
Thanks I am working on fixing the bug
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2017 03:46
Just wanted to mention, the forum has been loading occasionally very slowly on my end for the past week or so. Reloading the board pages typically takes 10 seconds, but often up to 30 or more, sometimes it times out. Same with submitting posts... I'm running Chrome on Windows 7, with a 200mbps connection. In mountain time zone too, if that helps. Not sure if it's a connection thing or something on the side of the server.
Yes!
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2017 09:52
When search results are shown can you also show what board the results are in please? As an AppGameKit user I'm not interested in search results from some of the other boards like DBPro. I realise that some snippets of code in a DBPro can be modified to use in AppGameKit but knowing up front what board each result is from would be a bit of a time saver and easier to just avoid if desired. All the search results need is an extra column.
Tobias_Ripper
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2017 18:26
Documentation Bug:

https://www.appgamekit.com/documentation/guides/8_networking.htm

Variable "INetID " is declared with a Capital "I" when the rest of the code uses one with a lower case "i" (iNetID )
Eisenstadt Studio: Eisenstadtstudio.com
Composers Page: Milesthatch.net
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2017 11:19
@Kevin Cross

A good suggestion I will add to the list

@Tobias_Ripper

This thread isn't checked by the AppGameKit devs (who generate the documentation) the best place to post this is in the AppGameKit Chat and a dev will fix the documentation.

Seditious
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2018 16:35 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2018 16:35
Anyone else getting this huge image appearing at the top of every page?

2002 - Present

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2018 21:28
I just did. Was like wtf? You can still dismiss it like any other useless message and it stays away.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2018 23:54
What happened to the "Mark all threads as read" button?
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
TomToad
Years of Service
User Offline
For some reason, I need to click on the back button several times to go to the previous page. It seems that when I click on a forum or a thread, the page is entered several times into the back history. Notice in the attached image, this page has already been entered, so I need to press back twice to exit. Geek forum is entered twice, and the main forum page is entered 4 times. This only started a couple days ago and does not happen on any other web site.

Google Chrome
Version 64.0.3282.119 (Official Build) (32-bit)

Windows 10 home.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
James H
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 29th Jan 2018 18:58
I have been experiencing the same as TomToad.

Chrome
Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2018 15:44
Can you remove the automatic changing of A.G.K. to AppGameKit? I find it annoying, we all know what the abbreviation means.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2018 17:32
Quote: "Anyone else getting this huge image appearing at the top of every page?"

I am aware of this and I am working on a fix for the next time a new article is released.

Quote: "What happened to the "Mark all threads as read" button?"

It has been removed temporarily it will return.

Quote: "For some reason, I need to click on the back button several times to go to the previous page. "

I am also seeing this on chrome, I am trying to work out why it is happening.

Quote: "Can you remove the automatic changing of A.G.K. to AppGameKit? I find it annoying, we all know what the abbreviation means."

Afraid this was added at the request of Rick and the rest of the dev team for branding reasons, any issue with it should be taken up with them.

James H
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 31st Jan 2018 16:13 Edited at: 31st Jan 2018 16:16
Quote: "I am also seeing this on chrome, I am trying to work out why it is happening"

In addition to this I am unable to download certain items on the forum...for example I downloaded the rar plugin for DBP on 26.12.17 - when I responded to a post seeking such a plugin so I know the download definitely worked, no edits, thread is locked for a long time! Now all I get is a new blank page and this is the case for a load of forum downloads, another example is BBB GUI or BBB Rendering, where the links for download have disappeared completely yet no edits have been made and the thread locked for years! Further to that if I click on the sig of the OP, which links to another forum page I am getting redirection page that says I am about to view an external site!!!!! There are some forum downloads not affected, for example the U7.7RC7 links works just fine...but then there is a different style to the link in as much as the ones that give me blank pages and don't work look like this:

https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2091330
(this one is a link to a tutorial half way down 1st post of the Matrix1Util plugin thread - https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/85209)

Same post(M1Utils) details U7.0 and 7.1 for download, as well as VC redist files link are also producing a blank page(I won't copy it here just see for yourself) - yet the working one for U7.7RC7 looks like this:
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/outbound?url=http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.thegamecreators.com%2Fdarkbasicprofessional%2Fupgrade%2Fdbpro_upgrade_7_7_RC7.zip (https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/180294)

The jGfx render plugin link also works and looks like this:
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/attachment/80593 (https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/220206)

2 examples of things I downloaded at christmas, yet the links do not even exist in the original posts I got them from and no edits to posts as well as threads locked for a very long time are:
RAR plugin (https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/74124)
Advanced2D plugin (https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/179096)

Even the single most useful and highly important plugin for DBP(Matrix1Utils) is just as messed up(where would we even be without this??)...in this case the link is missing and redirects to the same page your supposed to be leaving, again with an external site warning via the sig even though the redirect is to the very same page!

I really hope for TGC that this is not an irreversible situation. I for one would be saying goodbye to TGC, you can have the best products in the world but they are next to worthless with issues as big as this. This is not the first time the site has had changes without prior warning and messed things up for many of us. I am still waiting for Dark Enhancement pack to show up in my order history as promised when you guys messed our accounts up due to (still) missing activation codes and older order systems etc, telling me it is available in FPSC is the shoddiest way to deal with it...where are the helpfiles for example or all the demos it came with? All this because I wanted a refund on DARKMatter years and years ago!!! My latest correspondence detailing I have to wait longer for the older order system to come online...heres a hint I don't believe what I am being told, not one word, this is just bad customer service, I do not believe you will correct the old order system, nothing like this takes years hahaha! So on one hand I have Rick telling me its in FPSC source, when I point out the obvious I then get passed back to a female of same surname as Rick telling me the old order system will be made to come in line with accounts - which I was told when you guys first made major changes to site way back! If the left doesn't know what the right is doing then that is a sad state of affairs!

Even trying to go back from various pages is not the only issue - I cannot even go forward the way I came now!!! I have even experienced a history of more than 10 clicks back for a single page!!!

I think we can agree changes have been made and they are not good ones given I do not see any improvement or changes elsewhere. The changes are recent ones. Downloads that seem to be mostly affected are older ones a lot of which are missing an actual link entirely and like I mentioned already no edits and threads locked for a long time...and I have downloaded several of them around christmas time - what have you done?!
Win 7 Pro 64 bit SP1, AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4GHz, 8GB DDR3, NVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB GDDR5, ASUS A55BM-E
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2018 21:25
I haven't experienced any issues going back with chrome. I also navigate back by using the backspace key, not the menu's arrows. Could the page be doing some kind of redirect to itself multiple times, thus making it appear the page isn't going back?

I've mostly been browsing the forum from my work laptop, which is Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit).
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Legend of Zelda

James H
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 31st Jan 2018 23:34 Edited at: 31st Jan 2018 23:55
Not quite sure what you are saying Phaelax...we have same version of Chrome yet backspace is not available as an option, to navigate the old backspace way I get a message telling me to use alt+left arrow key? I have always used Chromes menu arrows because I often have the wireless mouse near me and the keyboard farther away. Upon accessing the main board page - nothing shows in history, open just 1 other board and suddenly there are 3 entries in history before backspaces, menu arrows or arrow keys are even used.
The redirect that I mentioned was related to signature links such as IanM's Matrix1Utils. The link is clearly marked as outbound, I think it was supposed to be a link to the same page(after all it will appear on other threads he has posted in), but it is telling me I am visiting an external site even though it clearly is not. Whats more there are no links to download the plugin from any longer, no edits, locked thread, not the only thread to be affected some of which I know 100% worked last month - I still have the files in my download folder and I definitely posted about one while helping someone after trying the plugin myself to ensure I was not sending the user to a dead link or unusable plugin, I also distinctly remember checking them last month...something very fishy is afoot! Why are they making such fundamental changes when they have not even bothered to address, let alone fix bugs, such as the one mentioned on page 1 of this very thread here https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/215506?page=1#msg2570584. Still exists 2+ years on! I cannot imagine how annoyed I would be if activity was high between then and now...I would by now have to navigate several times for just one page at a time and then when I get to the board I was on I will have to refresh the page once again just to see which thread I was up to before I read the next one...very silly system indeed, it is not like they haven't been told, 2+ years is a long time. Kinda feel sorry for AppGameKit guys if that place is busy. When I haven't viewed posts in a while I still occasionally go to the same "newest post" by mistake because it hasn't greyed out. I like this layout but bring back the old forums, they seemed to work mostly at least! I will opt for functionality versus nice layouts any day of the week.
It is interesting that we have same version but only myself experiences the navigation and history issue! Can you tell me Phaelax if you are able to download the plugins linked in my previous post? Entire links are missing from posts without edits in locked threads at my end, what would be doubly interesting is if you can see and download them or generally not experience what I am suddenly experiencing which for me at least has been the past couple of days noticing the navigation issue. Downloads and internal redirects showing as external is something I only discovered upon responding to a thread in newcomers corner for DBP, it is just fortunate I checked some of them last month or else I would assume they where long since dead. Now I cannot help but wonder if this kind of issue has existed before and simply gone unnoticed as it affects older downloads not newest ones, for example jGfx and the associated users anim plugins all have working download links, if they are hosted elsewhere then I am shocked that the external site warning does not come up, not just shocked but upset as it could be a security issue that I trust this sites download functionality yet have been downloading from I don't know where! Let us hope that is not the case... I would hate to think some nefarious decisions had been made so that they can combine boards once again which is about the only thing I have noticed as "different" as it has been polled by Rick on various boards.

EDIT
Hmm I see what you mean about the A.G.K automation, this is looking like we are suffering on behalf of the need for more sales of A.G.K, when you couple this sort of thing with the possibility of aforementioned nefarious decisions and combining more boards. I am very concerned it is such a broken system that there is now a need and possibly was at the beginning 2+ years ago, to make these decisions. I rather hope that we didn't lose out on internal storage links previously because of this! After all this is a company that has taken longer than 2 years simply to bring an old order system in line with a new one so that accounts show correctly. Just how long do they need? A decade? Forever? Still waiting. They still had that silly link to github before the new main site page was changed fairly recently - which said to activate products click here, but then provided zero explanation, not even telling you the old activation method had changed. It was almost like they where trying to kill off DBP, once again they had been informed by myself yet completely ignored it. I have held off purchasing A.G.K simply because of the way they have gone about things. Originally I was waiting for it to become more like DBP, now i am ready to never spend another penny here, granted it has been some years, but if they are going to the lengths of changing A.G.K to AppGameKit in the forums, well it shows they are in need of sales. What will they do this time if they don't make enough money? Will they drop that in favour of some other product like they did with DBP?
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2018 02:12
I haven't noticed any navigation problems, though I dont often use the back button, i just hit the board link or navigation drop down to jump around.

I do get the same missing content problem, and it's exactly the same as what happened in 2016

Quote: "
Posted: 9th Nov 2016 21:00 Edited at: 9th Nov 2016 21:07 Link
So did you guys just go and delete a ton of old attachments?

I'm seeing a lot of broken image links all of a sudden, these were all fine a few hours ago.

My avatar, signature, and a bunch of content in my project thread are now broken links.

If this is the case, a heads up prior to this sort of thing would be nice so that people can save the content and/or move it to other hosting.

... geez it isn't just images. important plugins, programs, you name it. Really hope this is just a temporary link/hosting issue and not that the files have actually been lost."
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
James H
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 1st Feb 2018 05:18
Well at least i know on both accounts it is not just me!

I also subscribed to this thread yesterday. Have not had a single email. Another thing that I have only just remembered - a while back possibly a month ago but more likely nearer to 2 months ago, the sites main page offered a free download to game design. After I chose to accept it, it said I would receive an email...I did not. Has the email address gone back to my original one from years ago? I asked for it to be updated to my current one when there where login issues when the forum last changed 2+years ago. It did get updated as I successfully signed back in using my current email. I have also subscribed to other threads and received emails from them successfully since then so I should have received at least 2 emails for this thread by now assuming I don't get one for my own posts.

Is this the case for anyone else?
Zep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2018 11:29
Quote: "Quote: "For some reason, I need to click on the back button several times to go to the previous page. "
"

Same here with the back clicks. Just started happening a week or 2 ago.

Would also like to see the missing code and links fixed if possible...
revenant chaos
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2018 01:31
Hi The Next,
I've just noticed that the forum is displaying links for old deleted attachments. The problem can be seen within my plugin threads Here and Here.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2018 15:24 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2018 15:26
Thanks all for your feedback it is welcomed. Unfortunately when we do software updates for the servers (such as this update to PHP7 from PHP5) we often need to patch older software, such as the forum. Which can sometimes break things, but we will always work to fix them.

Regarding downloading old files this was due to the files being moved to a new storage device, unrelated to any software patches. One of the file paths was missed with the update which broke the download script, it should be working as normal now.

Quote: "I haven't noticed any navigation problems, though I dont often use the back button, i just hit the board link or navigation drop down to jump around."

This bug is proving to be a bit elusive at the moment, I can reproduce on Chrome on one devices but not on others. I am actively working on it, I am seeing it too on my development machine so it is equally as annoying to me.

Quote: "I also subscribed to this thread yesterday. Have not had a single email."

I am aware of this issue and it is on my priority tasks list to debug where in the system the emails are failing to send.

Quote: "I've just noticed that the forum is displaying links for old deleted attachments. The problem can be seen within my plugin threads Here and Here."

Thanks for the heads up it is now fixed.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2018 18:30
@James H

As for products not showing in your order history, if they are not on the download list then they have been discontinued completely or included with another piece of freely available software.

The orders you are talking about are from before 2010 there were on a very old ordering system, not all products are available for download from that time.

However if there is something which people believe is not available in any other place they should let us know and TGC will make a decision about adding the software in the best place for everyone. But from what I understand Rick has said the product is available just not from the account area.

To be clear there are no pending updates to the account area nothing that is meant to be there is missing, missing downloads have been intentionally removed by staff.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2018 18:47
@All

I think I have found the reason for the back navigation issues. It might be caused by the third party chat system we are now using, I have removed from the forum temporarily can anyone else confirm the issue is fixed. I will then get onto their dev team to fix the issue.

TomToad
Years of Service
User Offline
Back button is now working normally for me.
James H
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 2nd Feb 2018 22:00
Thankyou The Next, very much appreciated. Certainly did not help getting told otherwise in that last email! I would also like to correct myself regarding my reference to a second persons surname - I misread the email in as much I had searched my email account for all TGC related correspondence and being tired must have confused the preview lines of more than one email. Really sorry about that. You brought much clarity to the whole situation, to which I will add as far as my account goes, as best I can tell that was the only outstanding issue regarding missing products.

Yes the navigation is back to normal now in both directions along with downloads, again very much appreciated indeed. You have no idea how depressed I became at the thought of going elsewhere.
Zep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2018 01:05
Quote: "@All

I think I have found the reason for the back navigation issues. It might be caused by the third party chat system we are now using, I have removed from the forum temporarily can anyone else confirm the issue is fixed. I will then get onto their dev team to fix the issue."

YES! It's fixed for me.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2018 11:22
Ok, I think that identifies them as the cause I will contact them and report the issue.

I think the mail notifications should be fixed now also, they are on my tests. Some people may have got a few old ones as the queue was clearing out.
Windows 10, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2018 15:52
Quote: "Not quite sure what you are saying Phaelax...we have same version of Chrome yet backspace is not available as an option, to navigate the old backspace way I get a message telling me to use alt+left arrow key?"

Google removed the backspace functionality awhile ago. I use an extension that adds it back.

Quote: "This bug is proving to be a bit elusive at the moment, I can reproduce on Chrome on one devices but not on others."

That's why I posted my browser version, but James claims to have the same and he sees the issue. So it doesn't seem to be related to a specific version.

What's the chat system you guys use? See what happens when you don't do everything in-house? tsk tsk
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Legend of Zelda

James H
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 6th Feb 2018 02:04
Quote: "I think the mail notifications should be fixed now"

Sadly I have not had any
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2018 12:38
My special "silver codemaster" badge is missing again.
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Legend of Zelda

Zep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2018 16:09
Quote: "I think I have found the reason for the back navigation issues. It might be caused by the third party chat system we are now using, I have removed from the forum temporarily can anyone else confirm the issue is fixed. I will then get onto their dev team to fix the issue.
"

@The Next

FYI, https://www.appgamekit.com/ is also experiencing this clicking back twice issue. (It has the little "?" contact widget too.)
Zep
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2018 16:15
@The Next

Also not getting email notifications to subscribed threads in the Dark Basic Pro forum.
Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2018 17:18
I'm now getting avatar icons duplicating and flickering when scrolling or stopping between posts on chrome mobile (android)
http://games.joshkirklin.com/sulium

A single player RPG featuring a branching, player driven storyline of meaningful choices and multiple endings alongside challenging active combat and intelligent AI.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2018 20:57
Quote: "My special "silver codemaster" badge is missing again."

This badge has been missing for a long time, I haven't been able to find the original file to restore it. If anyone has it send my way.

Quote: "FYI, https://www.appgamekit.com/ is also experiencing this clicking back twice issue. (It has the little "?" contact widget too.)"

I know all TGC sites will experience this until they fix the issue

Quote: "Also not getting email notifications to subscribed threads in the Dark Basic Pro forum."

Still debugging the issue I made a change today which should have fixed them, we shall see.

Quote: "I'm now getting avatar icons duplicating and flickering when scrolling or stopping between posts on chrome mobile (android)"

There hasn't been anything changed which I could think would cause this, I also cannot reproduce any particular threads it happens in?

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2018 21:18
Quote: "My special "silver codemaster" badge is missing again."

Searched one of my old backup drives for the file name and managed to find it

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2018 01:41
Yay, my importance is acknowledged once again!
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Legend of Zelda

James H
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 1st Mar 2018 05:02
Quote: "Still debugging the issue I made a change today which should have fixed them, we shall see"

After my last post I was receiving very few emails, and almost always up to 24 hours or so late along with duplication's and old ones. However you will be pleased to know that whatever might have been changed/done recently seems to have fixed it now - within last few days(don't recall exactly when) I have been getting the emails almost immediately, no duplication's, no old ones. Very happy now, cheers
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2018 05:01
Hi TheNext

Hope things are cool. I do appologise if this was mentioned before.

The unread personal message counter at the top indicated that I had 0 messages unread, when infact there was one. If this counter is infact valid, and it triggers a read message state once the message loads, but was not actually read; I'd like to request for an option to either mark the messages on screen as read, rather than off screen; or have the conversation auto scroll to the latest message to reveal it to you.

What do you propose?

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
A lot (if not all?) of attachments are gone on the forum from posts made several years ago. This is a real pain when trying to locate old projects and community contributions.

Example: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/194613

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2018 21:24
Should be sorted now

xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
That was fast! Many thanks.
James H
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 24th Apr 2018 21:56
Hi - wasn't sure what else to do -https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/222108#top - this thread is showing on the main board as the most recent post of the program announcements board, however it is completely missing from the program announcements board. So naturally I thought must be under post approval. Then I noticed a different WIP thread on WIP board which was okay'd from post approval but it was showing correctly on the WIP board...so I decided to try access it(this thread) from the main board as it is listed as most recent post, normally I would at this point expect to not see any of the contents while under post approval, but I was curious to see if the user got banned for mentioning bible as religious talk is against AUP, I guess I felt it might be a tad bit unfair if the person got banned for the topic being what it is...to my surprise I found I could see everything just fine, but sadly missing from the thread list on the program announcements board. Point being that if someone makes a new thread on program announcements board, then this persons thread goes missing from our view even though it exists!
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2018 10:34
There appears to be a bug with the post being approved but not the thread so it is invisible but the posts inside can be read. I will work on fixing that issue, this particular thread doesn't breach the AUP so I will leave that in place.

revenant chaos
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2018 05:40
Hi The Next,
I realize this isn't a feature request thread, but would it be possible to allow threads to be unlocked by their original creator? Unsure of the proper avenue for making a thread unlock request, I pm'd a mod a few days ago but haven't received any response.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2018 18:12
@revenant chaos

I have added the ability to re-open your own threads if they are locked due to the 90 day time limit, it will also bump the thread to the top of the board then you do this. You should see a button near where the post box would be to do this.

@c0d3r9

I am aware there are issues with the PM system it is on the list for an overhaul to get it working correctly.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:53:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:53:05