Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Just an idea.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 05:44
@seppgirty You can only pickup the painkillers if your health is below 100. Also the objects need to be at the centre of the cursor as I have set pickobject=1 in the scripts. But there are still a lot of debugging to do, especially with the player distance wrt objects. And the elevator can only be triggered with the switch on the second floor of the building. Btw have you been able to go tho the other two places? And thank you for the feedback.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 12:29
@ Mriganka
Quote: " I want to destroy the characters in the start"

Destroy? or do you mean spawn? But to destroy with a trigger use the "activateifused" command
in the trigger script, then in the target you activated you can use ":activated=1:destroy" or
"activated=1: rubfpidefault=2" This works great with entities that are spawned at the start.
Downloading Alpha02 now...
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 15:24
@ncmako Could you tell me in detail on how to do it? The following script is being used for the NPCs -

Quote: ":state=0,activated=1:destroy
:state=0,activated=1: rubfpidefault=2
:state=0,activated=0:state=1
:state=1:animate=1
:state=1,plrcanbeseen:settarget
:state=1,random=20:rotateheadrandom=65
:state=1,shotdamage=10:settarget,rotatetotarget,resethead
:state=1,noiseheard=5:rotateheadrandom=85
:state=2:state=0"

But when I use the script actuvateifused none of the entities or characters are destroyed.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 18:23 Edited at: 29th Jun 2017 18:24
@ Mriganka Sorry, I did a typo. It should read as "runfpidefault" not "rub"...lol
Very easy to do, just delete the "state=0" comments, so it reads...

Or...you can use the runfpidefault. That will force it to run the destroy script

Either one should work great. I use them all the time to destroy entities during
game play once the player is out of the play area.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2017 15:31
Btw Can someone tell me how much time it took to complete the game (with all the secrets and without them)?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2017 17:04
@ everyone up loaded a splash.avi to google drive in the "Other" folder. See if you guys like as
a "splash" screen. (its 11megs will try and reduce) Let me know...? Also working on some menu background
and other things..... per seppgrity suggestion "Dark City - Grip of the Octopus" going with a theme style on those words...

@ Mriganka Your level plays out great The alpha02 build is much better.
Player check points were omitted, correct? Thugs are very hard to kill... (maybe lower health a bit,unless that's what you want)
I played it at least 5 times (20 mins each time) could not complete level without getting killed
Don't get me wrong, it hard, but fun
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2017 21:02 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2017 21:18
It's 20 minutes for the level!! Yay! This feels so awesome! And I am tweaking a lot of the stuff. Especially enemies. Btw from where do I use the in-game dialogue? I am thinking of asking my friends to voice the cop the apartments lady and that crazy twitching guy. Other than that there will be radio chatter and voice acting in cut-scene videos. I have also made a HUD for the player and am yet to tweak it. And will be enabling options for armour in the HUD too. As for the unbalance, it maybe because of the high damage with the shotgun. I have reduced it significantly.

For the Splash video, we should go with Dark City Grip of The Octopus. And we should label ourselves as - A TGC Forum Community Project. And the music should be epic.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2017 03:29
@ everyone Ok, been very busy working on a "simple" menu system that only allows a level to be played
if the prior one was finished. I can safely say it's done and works perfectly It took cpl weeks but was worth it.
I'm going to load it up on the WIP thread.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2017 23:48
The menu worked great for me. Very nice job on this. You might want to change the text to something like..."Press esc to choose a level." Might be a little confusing. Again, great job.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2017 23:56 Edited at: 17th Jul 2017 23:59
@ seppgirty Great to hear it works for you. Yes, adding/changing some text to help others understand menu.
Tried to implement level choice to the main "TitlePage' but not working out as planed Have to be in a level already.
If needed you can reset the menu by openning the "setup.ini" scroll down to "levelcompleted=x" change it to a 1.
Lets wait and see if the guys at DBpro come up with something?
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2017 07:43 Edited at: 18th Jul 2017 14:14
@ncmako I cxannot access any level except Chapterv 1 in the menu. I will try again and see if the problem still persists.

Edit -

I downloaded the main version now.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2017 01:40
@Mriganka I uploaded the wrong file at first, the correct one later on. Just walk thru room until you hit "winzone"
The back at beginning you now have chapters 1 & 2 available, and so on. To reset everything, open the setup.ini
and set "levelcompleted" back to 1 (one).
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2017 14:25
@ NCMAKO----------------------- Please notice this!!!!!!

This is what wicked x has asked about the launcher.

Quote: " Reading a value from an Ini file will be no problem. I will need to know what section in the Ini file the value is written under. Also, do you want the launcher to run full-screen or in a window.

I Previously installed FPS Creator with Black Ice Mod on my main system for the first time. I don't remember FPS Creator being this unstable.

I will get to work on this and get an alpha release for you to test."

Again, this is the link to the DB PRO thread. https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/219886#msg2606189

I think we want full screen but i'm not sure wich one is better.

I know you are very busy right now creating the graphics and stuff, but if you could let him know, I would be very grateful.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2017 18:36
@ ncmako

Please read the last post by wicked x and see if it makes sense. https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/219886?page=1#msg2606227

Thanks buddy.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 04:09
@ seppgirty Yes, just left a message at the other forum. Yes, been "kinda" using the same technique. And yes, full screen "if" possible
Been working on the "car" textures (done). Did more work on the "test" menu system I upload, (just in case if a DPpro program can't be done???)
Worked all the bugs out of it, but that also means I (or one of us) would have to build all 5 levels
Also, I have some great little idea's I wanted to try out. One is the "loading" screen. Instead of the traditional "loading bar" I made a pistol
shot out a bullet (the bullet is the bar now) was really easy to do. I'll post a pic on the WIP thread.
best
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 23:41
Quote: " Yes, just left a message at the other forum."

Thank you for doing that for me ncmako. you can answer those questions better than i can. (FPSC MASTER)

Quote: "Also, I have some great little idea's I wanted to try out. One is the "loading" screen. Instead of the traditional "loading bar" I made a pistol
shot out a bullet (the bullet is the bar now) was really easy to do. I'll post a pic on the WIP thread.
best"

Sounds sweet.I'll check it out now.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2017 00:16
Hey guys. Wicked x posted a beta version of the game launcher in this post. https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/219886

Give it a try and give him feed back.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2017 03:06 Edited at: 4th Aug 2017 03:45
Alright awesome, going to check it out now

Just tried out the "Game Loader" works great Just what we needed!
Your test levels were awesome to boot No really, with a few tweaks to the menu
it'll all work out perfectly. Now we can each build our own levels and pack them.
No need to use something like what I was trying to do, a work around....
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2017 21:39
I just uploaded the hotel level to the levels folder on google drive. Still have work to do. Just wanted to give you guys a peek.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2017 09:44
Does anyone have any ideas on how to do the prison/police station interior part? I am having a go at them and have made the interrogation rooms.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2017 16:51
@ seppgirty Downloading now
@ Mriganka
Quote: " ideas on how to do the prison/police station interior part"

No, not really I usually just google some pics and go from there. Since the story is called
"Dark City" go with some dark, grungy & filthy?
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2017 21:34
Jails are usually concrete and a tile of some sort. Metal stairs Very easy to clean stuff. No carpet or fancy wood.

Quote: "go with some dark, grungy & filthy?"

exactly.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2017 00:28
@ seppgirty Just played your "hotel" level. Terrific game play, especially in the corridors. Got killed several times
Love the "light ray" effect coming from the "text" when on screen, did you activate something?
Did notice couple things, you didn't place any light markers yet? Very dark, but this is a test run, correct?
Also the player "Hurt" huds, when player gets damage that "small red hud" displays again. That has to do with the
Black Ice HD resolution. When we do builds it uses this in the "setuplevel.fpi"

That is incorrect, I hope Nomad or S4real can fix this little problem.
If not it's an easy fix, Just delete that line and use..
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2017 00:54
@ ncmako
Thanks for the hud code. will use it.

As for the lighting... I want it very dark for most of the level. Fighting in the shadows sort of thing. I did place lights in rooms and methlab. Every time i play or make an exe file, the lights come out differently.

The 4th floor hallway battle before the office really needs worked on. i need a way to keep player pinned down til all the guards are killed. Any suggestions?

The light rays on the text is a happy little accident using text ease program. Also turned on god rays in the fx file.

The player check points frustrate me a bit because it will throw you to random ones sometimes when you respawn.

Still have things to do and tweek. Trying to get psonics mouse model to work. also trying to get his dog and cat models to work.

Glad you like it so far.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2017 05:31 Edited at: 6th Aug 2017 10:51
@seppgirty Fighting is a shadow won't be a good design choice as the player needs to be pointed to the next area with lights. One thing you could do is ramp up the ambiance lighting to 16 (that is what I am using for my levels) and have a big light source(s) placed outside to stimulate full moon lighting in certain areas of the game. One more thing I would suggest is to include brief exterior parts to the start (if possible middle) of the level, so that cut-scenes can be recorded and the player has to move 'into' the brothel.

I know that this is a very alpha/beta build and most of my points will be redundant, but some points to ponder -

1. You could remove or reduce the enemies from the ground floor of the level and instead use some environmental puzzles (and please avoid the searching for a key mission, its's very cheap).
2. There are some cheap jokes (very funny tho) in this level (the ones in text). They don't mesh well with the meta jokes you have put in the level.
3. The level is in need of some lighting (with props as well as markers).
4. Please increase the lightmapping texture size to 512 and quality to 48 or someting as the shadows are very low resolution.
5. A moon as central lighting to the level so that it feels lit in some places.
6. Some windows and a skylight for the player spawn area and the final corridor area..
7. The level needs some more props.
8. The final corridor needs to be longer as enemies spawning repeatedly from the same places is very immersion breaking.

*Most of these points are general points that refer to most of our levels (not just seppgirty's) and will be redundant by the time we finalize the levels.

Some pros -

1. That meth lab with workers in hazmat suit was so hilarious, I lmao.
2. The meta humour qith the prostitutes and some other places.
3. Varying enemy types (could include a sniper tho - at the final corridor segment).

Some suggestions -

1. After the player ascends to the 1st floor (I don't know how floors are divided in America) the Queen Hoe sexually taunts the player (making comments on how small his genitalia is).
2. I will be uploading some scripts in the Google drive folder, please include them in the levels for better gameplay effects.
3. Some bikini clad girls in the drug den along with the hazmat workers.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2017 13:54
I'll take these points into consideration guys. thanks.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2017 20:48
@ seppgirty Just so you know...I did notice your homage to "Hot L Baltimore" nice touch....thanks "Long Live Hot L"
"Text Eaze" Yes, thank you to Xplosys...still works great!
I understand the "check point" problem. I had some also.
Quote: "psonics mouse model "

I've been needing that also, do you have a link to it? I've been looking for it.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2017 23:11
Quote: "I've been needing that also, do you have a link to it? I've been looking for it."

I don't think he hosts them anymore. Here is the dog/rat/cat pack attached. If you search the forums, some one got the dog to work. I'll post later if i find it again.
gamer, lover, filmmaker

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2017 03:52 Edited at: 11th Aug 2017 03:52
seppgirty Thank you for the dog pack. Also just posted some pics of completed junk cars at WIP.
Ready to finish "scrap yard" level 5
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 00:14
Uploaded the hotel level again. Added more lights. Give it a try guys and tell me if it's better.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 11:01
@ seppgirty Great, getting it now. Will let you know
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2017 23:42
Quote: "seppgirty Great, getting it now. Will let you know "

Just wondering if you had a chance to check the lighting? Seems pretty bright on my computer.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2017 12:39
@ Seppgirty
Quote: " wondering if you had a chance to check the lighting?"

Sorry, got side tracked with the two girls in the first room
But seriously the lighting is much better now. Looks good on my end.
Quote: "Seems pretty bright on my computer."

Do you feel it should come down? What's the ambience set to?
On mine it was way to dark before.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2017 23:36
Quote: "Sorry, got side tracked with the two girls in the first room"

I spend a lot of time there too.

Quote: " the lighting is much better now. Looks good on my end."

I'll keep the ambiance level at 2 then. Might play with the RBG levels though. Also trying to make the last battle on the 4th floor better.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2017 23:51
@ seppgirty Ok, you keep working on it. Thanks for keeping "homage" to the Ole' Hot-L
When it's time, not right now.... a few suggestions to change/fix a couple "small" things.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2017 01:53
sure, let me know.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2017 00:18
SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! This program drives me crazy!!!!!!!!!!! Now, for some reason, The AI won't react the way it has been for weeks in this level and i can not get the level music to change. I'm going to have a stroke!!!!!!!!!! I don't need help, i just need the bugs to GO AWAY!!!!!!!!
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2017 11:51
@ seppgirty
Quote: "i can not get the level music to change"

Take a deep breath sepp, debugging is always a pain. What does your script look like?
I had to make some changes also when doing a musicoveride.
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2017 19:22
Hey you guyyyyys!

Looking good. Two thumbs up.

When in doubt -- C4 hee-hee-hee
-Jamie Hyneman
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2017 23:54
Quote: " What does your script look like?
I had to make some changes also when doing a musicoveride."

I just go to the build settings/global scripts/ and change it there....... I finally got it to change but still having trouble getting the AI working the way i want again. I'll just keep chippin' away...
gamer, lover, filmmaker
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2017 23:29
Uploaded a new version of hotel level. check the levels folder. Changed a few things. give it a try. AI seems to act differently every time. God bless fpsc. Got to get rid of that steam audio somehow.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2017 00:57 Edited at: 28th Aug 2017 00:58
@ seppgirty Going to test it out right now
Quote: "Got to get rid of that steam audio somehow"

That was one of the things I was going to mention, very easy, instead of the
Start AI "repeatsound.fpi" I made a simple script, use this.. adjust distance to meet your needs

Then in the "Main AI" use something like this for the decal...

Note: this will trigger decal once, if you want it reset just a few changes are needed.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2017 21:59
@ seppgirty Dude! That was incredibly awesome. Loved it Great game play.
Music track is just right. Going to play couple more times tonight and see if I can play it
without getting killed ( I keep getting side-tracked in a couple rooms) The ole Hot-L
has some shady things going on ???
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 00:05
Glad you like it nc. Will give your script a try as soon as i can this week. I know i will have questions for you. Also got o get rid of those trigger zone clicks. Will make a silent audio for that.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 01:52
@ seppgirty
Quote: "Also got o get rid of those trigger zone clicks"

Just delete/backspace the audio path from that slot ($0) Done, no more sound.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 13:52
I,ve tried that and it doesn't work for me. Hence the blank audio idea. It does work for the squeeky door audio though. Ahhh, the mysteries of classic.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2017 12:02
@ seppgirty
Quote: "it doesn't work for me"

Ok, maybe remove to "sound=$0" line from the script ??? That should do it.
Also, I've been working on the "low poly thug" and have removed all the extra animations
not needed for the script (chase10) and I got the model down to 750K size. I uploaded
it to google drive under "over all models" It runs alot faster being much smaller in size and more of them.
Try it, just drop into your LPThug folder and replace the .fpe line "model = LPthug2.x" and test out.
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2017 13:21 Edited at: 30th Aug 2017 13:29
Wrong board
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2017 00:56
@ncmako
following your great advice i got rid of the trigger zone clicks. Got the steam audio to play within 200 units. Could you please post the code so that the steam decal and sound stay turned on. Will give the thug model a try soon. Thanks a bunch buddy.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2017 01:05
@ seppgirty Glad you worked out that trigger sound problem.
Ok, you got the "steam decal" to run when player is within 200.
Quote: "so that the steam decal and sound stay turned on"

The main-ai script above should keep the decal running until player is more
than 500 units away?

Do you mean you need it to "reset" if player returns?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:53:03
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:53:03