Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Just an idea.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 29th Sep 2016 10:15
I liked the real HELL idea....
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2016 10:33 Edited at: 29th Sep 2016 10:37
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 29th Sep 2016 16:37
Quote: "I liked the real HELL idea...."

Certainly another option, but I really was hoping to see more ideas.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2016 16:45
I have to put so many ideas into My own game, so I think You Guys have to help Yourself... But no ideas, no game......
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2016 19:21
How about using standard weapons but with a rather hellish design, as seen in the Painkiller games ?

ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 30th Sep 2016 01:44
Madcow02
Quote: "standard weapons but with a rather hellish design"

Yes! way ahead on that idea. Should have something ready to show this weekend?
Think Painkiller & Hansel & Gretel....

@xplosys
Quote: "was hoping to see more ideas"

I'm sorry, I should have said something. I took your ideas and started thinking on a
story line around that. I'm not very good at writing out my ideas but rather sketch out
a story on paper like a "storyboard"
I like your concept so far about "John", early 1900's of London, and that he has a daughter.
Now what if John's daughter IS found and pulled into this hell?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2016 02:29 Edited at: 30th Sep 2016 02:30
Quote: "Now what if John's daughter IS found and pulled into this hell?"

Which hell? John's personal hell or THE hell?
That's a very interesting concept. Is it because John just won't die and that's really pissing off the devil? What if John is more like a rogue avenging angel who keeps breaking the rules and killing demons in hell? We'd have to rework the beginning...
Something like Clark Kent and Superman. The story would go back and forth between Earth and Hell - John Carlone and Salvatore. What do you think?
I think is a better story for a game and Mr Love would get his Hell.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2016 14:15
"and Mr Love would get his Hell. "

Not in real life I hope...
arrojar entidad y que explote
Years of Service
User Offline
It occurred to me that the character could be a skeleton and has to go collecting pieces of flesh to complete your body

Demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F6s8W_3dmU
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 1st Oct 2016 19:39
Xplosys
Quote: " John is more like a rogue avenging angel who keeps breaking the rules"

Yes, I like that idea. Is he more angle or demon in appearance or human?
Quote: "We'd have to rework the beginning..."

Yes, stick with this.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2016 01:19
Quote: "Is he more angle or demon in appearance or human?"

I'm thinking human, after all his day job is a cop, but could transform a bit (like maybe wings) when he does his avenging angel thing. I think of him as having lived a very long time, but his appearance is middle aged, rugged and strong. Think Duke Nukem. Perhaps he uses his job as a way to look into what demons are doing on earth so he can destroy them or send them back to hell. Of course he must go to hell every now and then to deal with the root of the problem, and that's against the rules. (so sue me!)

Because he breaks the rules, usually gets away with it, and wins, he and the devil are on a first name basis. What about something like boss levels where the devil gives him hell and pits him against ever stronger demons between levels? It could also be a means to provide story elements.
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2016 21:26
Hey all, sorry but I don't think I will be able to help you on this one. I've just started a new project and I don't want to screw it up so I don't think I will help you about mapping...
but I'd love to help you about everything regarding shadermaps.

Sorry again
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 2nd Oct 2016 23:57
@Madcow02 Ok, if you can still help with shaders, great
@xplosys
Quote: "but could transform a bit (like maybe wings) when he does his avenging angel thing"

Nice, I like that.
Quote: ", he and the devil are on a first name basis"

Just thinking..... does John...no matter what... have to die in the end. To save his daughter
Also, sent you a PM

As Madcow2 suggested, here's a couple test weapons I have going. Very rough & quick texturing.

Have more "crossbow" type weapons coming up.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2016 03:08
Quote: "It occurred to me that the character could be a skeleton and has to go collecting pieces of flesh to complete your body"

That's cool! But not sure how to work it into the story. If you ever played Blood, you had to pick up the hearts of those you slayed for health. Something like that might work.

Quote: "here's a couple test weapons I have going"

Love the concept. I'm not sure I understand the bolt shooter. I like the revolving chambers, but it doesn't seem to fit with a magazine fed weapon. It would be cool if you could see the bolts in the chambers and instead of a magazine, you swap out the chamber. Does that make sense? It would work for stakes as well.

As for John dying... I don't think he can. Anyway, what about the sequel?

Check your PM.
Years of Service
User Offline
xplosys:

It occurred to me, as the game would pass in hell, the player would start as a cadaver that has to be arming to regain strength. The player completes each end of its body with different human parts.

Something like what I show in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F6s8W_3dmU

ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 3rd Oct 2016 23:02
@xplosys When you have time, post some pic's/links to some weapons you think the character might have & use.
@arrojar You always have great shader effects in your videos. Your idea your body parts is great. I take it your
using some sort of variable scripting?
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2016 23:37
ncmako

Love that blade gun. So sweet.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Years of Service
User Offline
ncmako:

Use these lines in the script of the first body to disappear when you turn. Just I put the name of the entity in the ifused activator.

:state=0:nobulletcol=1,hidelimb=46
:state=1:state=2
:state=2,activated=1:state=3
:state=2,activated=0:state=100
:state=3:activateifused=1,destroy
:state=100:state=1
Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Interesting Project Sadly I didn´t touch FPSC for years, so I would not be a big help at all.

Wish you luck guys
PredicateC - FPSC to GameGuru FPE converter
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/211068
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2016 00:18
@ncmako

Here is the shotgun from Constantine. It has a replaceable drum.
I didn't mean I wanted different weapons. I just didn't understand the magazine.
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 7th Oct 2016 00:54
@Corno_1 So nice to see you Corno. Hope your doing well

@Xplosys Nice choice of a weapon. Yes, I remember that one.
I understand. The gun & zoom for the scope wont be hard, getting
the texture right will be tricky. I'll figure out something
Do you think the drum should rotate, or just come out when reloading?
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2016 05:18 Edited at: 11th Oct 2016 06:53
I have been offline for quite sometime but you can count me in too. I am great for the gameplay and level design!!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2016 00:42
Quote: "Do you think the drum should rotate, or just come out when reloading?"

Yes, both would be nice and since I see you've already done the rotate on your spike gun...
How about a flame thrower (dragons breath) mounted below the barrel and fueled with vials? How's your multipurpose weapon development these days?
I don't think a scope is necessary for a shotgun... not sure why they did. Perhaps a nice cross front site and circle rear?
I think the texture on this one is a little much. You might want to go for a simpler mixed metal thing and some wood?
Up to you. Tell me where to go anytime.

Quote: "So, what do you all think??"

Very deep!
cwf3d
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2016 01:44 Edited at: 9th Oct 2016 14:35
Hey I should have some time up my sleeve to help out with modeling/texturing for this if you would like. Anything in the way of environment assets and/or weapons I should be able to handle.
If this does pick up I would quite likely be able to help out with characters come December (I don't have a huge amount of time handy atm).

Edit: I had a go at some modeling this afternoon to see if I still had a grasp on modeling for games. Came up with this:
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x352/Charlie_Walsh/rockRender_zps8pl1p7mu.png
It's all the same rock model rotated and rescaled. 406 tris and currently using a 2048X2048 set of texture maps. Rendered in Maya hardware 2.0 (I haven't gotten my fpsc working properly again yet)
[IMG]http://s1177.photobucket.com/user/Charlie_Walsh/media/banner_zpsutpyayns.jpg.html]
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2016 14:46
Story Idea

Richard Kingston, the wealthiest man in Dark City. ( for Cosmic) is a buisness man and the leader of one of the oldest satanic cults. He runs a cover religion called The New Light Order in wich he recruits members for the dark cult.

Johns daughter who is a lost and troubled 22 year old joins the N.L.O John must rescue her.

John who is a ex-communicated priest and a grizzled police detective knows about Richard and his satanic cult. He fights against him and his demons on the side .

When fighting demons on earth they look like regular people. (If possible) When shot we replace blood spurts with fire spurts. When they die they turn into black smoke or something.

When fighting in hell they look like demons and zombies.

Just some quick thoughts before i go mow the lawn.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2016 19:19
So, when do we start the project?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2016 19:39
That gun with sawblades was awesome! I dont think that "bullets" with physics has been done in FPSC ever before, Is it only Me who are impressed of what ncmako is doing?
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 10th Oct 2016 03:00
@xplosys
Quote: "I don't think a scope is necessary for a shotgun"

Yes I agree. I did make one, but can easily remove it.
Quote: "How about a flame thrower (dragons breath) mounted below the barrel and fueled with vials?"

Interesting....yes Why not! Thinking I could use "flak" maybe for that? I'll have to research some.
Quote: " You might want to go for a simpler mixed metal thing and some wood?"

Yeah, the first texture I did all gold texture as in the pic and it was a bit too much. I toned it down for this.

The scope is just for looks ( keep it or remove it?) Doing the animation tonight. Done soon.

@seppgirty
Quote: "When they die they turn into black smoke or something"

Yes! We have the perfect shader already for that. The character burnout shader form Bond1.
@Mr Love Thanks
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2016 15:37 Edited at: 10th Oct 2016 21:12
The stock (handle) looks ok, but the barrel looks horrible. First of all You are too afraid to use polygons, use 12-sided pipes instead of 6. Make the barrel a little more "fat", make the cross a little bit smaller, and then You shourld use fakeshaders on the barrel. (so it looks like real metal)
Ok. I upload a fakeshader but I think You can find a better one if You google... (Fakeshader is a texture were the colors fools the eyes) You can use the same technique on the sight... Here is an example... I did upload a better one for now (shader3.bmp)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 10th Oct 2016 22:59
@Mr Love I agree, the barrel does look bad from the front view, but considering the player only see's it from behind,
I figured on a low poly barrel to save some resources. I was going after a look xplosys suggested (Constantine's Shotgun)
I'll make a shorter & heavier barrel and see how it looks. Making the cross a cross-hair now.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2016 23:15
Otherwise You can have mine. I was just playing around with that gun in My mind... Why not finish it? (Its not even half-finished) By the way I dont think You shourld care about sutch small amount of polys. This isnt QUAKE 1....

Attachments

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2016 13:20 Edited at: 12th Oct 2016 23:18
Im sorry if My gun didnt look so good. But it looks better with the sight, dont You think?

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 17th Oct 2016 00:20
Mr Love Thank you, I do like your mesh. It's nice and smooth. I might have to use yours?
The problem happens when one starts to add bones, animation, texture..ect It's not always
that easy. Things start to get messed up. But keep your in case I have to use it
Here's what I have so far. Bolt action, cartridge ejection, reload..ect

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2016 01:11 Edited at: 17th Oct 2016 04:22
I saw that Constantine movie yesterday, and His first name was John(!) Are You really going to name Your hero "John" as well? Then it courld be taken for a fangame... And Yes, I nearly throw My gun away, but I still have it.. I courld make a silver looking magazine for it, that wourld give more contrast to it. And if You know any good texturer Who courld add some nice black ornaments on it, that wourld be awesome! I must say I really like Your crosshair! BTW What modeling program are You using?
Here is the new magazin, do You like it?......

Attachments

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2016 20:33
Not the best model I have done, but it is ok....... Here is a shot from gameview...

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 17th Oct 2016 23:02
Mr Love Sweet, I love the magazine & texture. How many poly's is this?
If you can, post the files and I'll rig it.
I use mostly Fragmotion & Milkshape. And yeah, texturing is really the hard part (for me at least)
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2016 02:36
Too many polys, but it works! Many polys that cant be seen can be removed.. Also the shells was a bit damaged after the baking process.. Hope You make a video of this & EAIs hand wourld be perfect with this gun...

Attachments

Years of Service
User Offline
ncmako. That ingenuity to make weapons you have, I do not know how he does, I like your work.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Oct 2016 18:00
So, when do we officially start?
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 22nd Oct 2016 15:19
@ arrojar Thank you
@ Mriganka I think we have slowly. Sort of waiting for a more complete story line.

@ Mr Love Here's a quick video of your "cross" shotgun. Did a quick rig, added shell ejection.

I like your model better, very simple texture. Had problems with uv mapping after
rigging to the hands. What did you use to unwrap it?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2016 18:29 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2016 19:27
It looks great ncmako! But perhaps the gun is to small in screen. Maybe You courld move it up a bit and make it a little bit bigger.. The shoot sound is too weak! Otherwise everything looks perfect!!!

"What did You use to unwrap it"

Answer:
I used Cinema 4d to bake the texture...

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2016 03:20
Please tell me, what is the exact theme you want this game to be in. I can make a storyline, so that we can get things moving. I really wanted to make the story that I posted earlier, but I also have other ideas in mind. Can you please confirm the theme?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2016 04:34 Edited at: 23rd Oct 2016 04:35
Hey ncmako! I have a nice present for You! Its a nice HD texture for the crossgun, The shells looks perfect...

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 23rd Oct 2016 14:26
@Mr Love Thank you for the newer texture, but something is different about it. It seems you've changed the mesh your working with slightly.
The texture doesn't lineup as before. I'm going to have to adjust the UV map some.

I did raise the hud slightly and out a bit. Also increased mesh size about 20%
May have to go with old texture ???

@Mriganka Kind of waiting to see what xplosys has to offer/say? But nothing to stop you from starting a level.
I have started with a simple intro for mine. Have created a lot of particle/light effects so far.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2016 15:17
So this won't be a story based game?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2016 02:18 Edited at: 25th Oct 2016 15:17
Well, I guess You have seen this model in fragmotion and used the 2048x2048 texture in there? Everything looks perfect, so this can only be an .X-file problem.. Have You tried to destroy the .bin and .dbo files? What program did You export the .X-file from???
I think Your screenshots looks very cartoonish, and pretty cool with the 2048 texture even if there is some problems...

Attachments

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2016 15:37
Very sorry for the lack of input, but once again real life has intervened. I'm afraid I'll be gone for a while to handle family afairs. I'll check back when I can and hopefully I can help with whatever theme or concept you settle on. Have fun.
Brian.
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 5th Nov 2016 20:52
That's very understandable Xplosys. I too am sick and not available for a while. Hope to be better soon and back to help.
@mriganka I hope this would be story driven?
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2016 13:51
Hope you guys feel better. We'll be here when you get back.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 01:49
This has sparked my interest. Since GameGuru I have vanished from FPS and started the adventures of creating mobile apps.

Has anyone thought of possibly doing regular weekly Skype meetings in order to keep everyone on track and up to speed?

PK
Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:37:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:37:43