Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Just an idea.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 21:33
Sadly, I think this project is out of order for a very long time...
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2016 13:17
This thread was nothing but a discussion. I really want to take part in it. But I don't think things will be going any forward unless a miracle happens.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Dec 2016 17:14
@ Mriganka & Mr Love
That may be true, let's give it thru December and work on some story lines & levels and in the new year see what we can come up with
Xplosys and some family problems to attend, and I spent 3 week in hospital, Just now getting back on my feet without help, so yes, things were
slow there for a bit. Lets sit back for a bit (get thru the holidays) and tackle this in January
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 11th Dec 2016 03:49
Sorry and thanks for your patience.
@ncmako... I hope you're doing well.

I still have some traveling to do and that will run into the holidays but I promise to flesh out the story after. Being used to dealing with TGC software should help us to understand delays.
If this takes off, it will be somewhat similar, as we'll be updating, changing, improving and fixing as we go along.

Hang in there, Happy Holidays, and talk to you soon.
Brian.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2016 02:12 Edited at: 28th Dec 2016 02:12
Xplosys,
I am awaiting with great excitement and I need something to get back into the FPSc world. I am desperate.

Ncmako,
I hope all is well now. I am sorry to hear about the visit to the hospital.

All,
I do hope we can get some traction on this. It sounds like some great loads of fun.

PK
Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2016 03:06 Edited at: 28th Dec 2016 14:44
[DELETED]
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2016 03:06 Edited at: 28th Dec 2016 14:47
[DELETED]
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2016 11:47 Edited at: 30th Dec 2016 11:59
Since the year is about to end, I think we should go for the level design to be a little cramped like Metro. Otherwise the game would be painstakingly hard to optimize. And I really think, a cyberpunk or steampunk or sci-fi theme would be a great idea for the project. Hope you guys have had a Merry Christmas, and may you have a Merry New Year too!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2016 15:03 Edited at: 30th Dec 2016 15:25
Quote: " I think we should go for the level design to be a little cramped "

Agreed. Let's make it playable and fun, even if that means short and simple. Let the story take up the slack.

I have attached my thoughts for the moment. It's a work in progress but I still have things to do and people to see... for a while. Besides, I don't want to get too far if there are other ideas out there. If we come to some kind of consensus (and I don't think think we're going to get far without one) I'll be happy to work with whatever it is.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
Brian.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2016 10:06
@ Pain Thank you. Yes, doing better now ( slowly ).
@ xplosys Just grabbed your copy of "Max Holocaust" Awesome title, love what I've read so far
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2016 15:22
@xplosys I also have had a lot of ideas. But I don't think we can make the game all gameplay, because, we are low on number, and gameplay emphasized games will cause FPSC to curse us with its bugs. I think ( your story), we should make it a deep one (with little touches of that little morally gray area). Like, it is a post-apocalyptic world, demons have taken over us. The devil has chosen the player so that he can finally redeem himself infront of god. The visuals (I think) can be nicely combined with urban and economic cyberpunk, industrial steampunk(ish) and the vehicles to be that from the 80(ish). As I have been playing a lot of Metro 2033 these days, I can see that its level design can be very nicely adopted for FPSC (with a bit of branching verticality of course). And since my college is on break, I think I can (maybe) make a deeper story. But we have to be wary tho, a lot of 'hellish' games are coming up in 2017.

So, what do you all think about it?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2016 16:18
Mriganka,

Very good ideas and exactly what I was hoping to see. We need more input if we're going to work together. I was hoping to see more stories (if this is to be story driven... have we decided on that yet?) Perhaps you can put your thoughts on paper for all to see/read.

On a side note, FPSC tends to be more of a quick level builder than a game engine and if that's what everyone wants then we can go that way. I assume the lack of involvement may stem from the fear of working on a large, story driven project instead of simple, individual levels.

As for there being a lot of hellish games coming up, is that a bad thing? Let's see more ideas. Anyway, I don't think we should be trying to compete with anyone. Let's just do the best FPSC can do and show it off.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2016 19:27
@xplopsys

I have thought about this and have come up with a nice overall story (and yest I would prefer this game to be character driven). It is about the balancing act of all the forces of nature. In the story God is neither good, nor evil. His son is good. And the Devil is evil. And the player will have a daughter who will be the eyes of a person and a suffering old parent who will signify the concept of life and death. God acts as a balancing force. And in the story the Devil will use the player to pave a way to God so that he may attempt to redeem himself. But there is a bunch of twists. I also have developed a lot of lore and dialogues in my head and will be typing it down tomorrow.

The way I have thought about this game, the level design will be packed (Metro 2033) and very performance friendly to develop it as a story based game. Also, the character interactions will be like the Half-Life games. Hence, we will be able to make a nice game out of FPSC (probably the first lol). And I don't think I will include any multiple endings. Just a plane ole' straight to the point story with some twists.

Hope we start on this project soon. And I will upload the basic concept of the game which will include the visual style, the premise, weapons, main characters and the story in my next post.

I also hope that some old members will join in as we will need help with assets (mostly retextures) and some small edits to certain weapons. And I think we should limit ourselves mostly to the open source official model packs. Then some GameGuru stuff from the forums. Then the others.

Lastly, we will also need to revamp the sounds of a lot of stuff.

And yes, this post is a little shabby on the description but I will be uploading the story and basic concepts pretty soon.

Peace out.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2017 07:16 Edited at: 4th Feb 2017 08:06
{removed}

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2017 11:02
Hi, sorry I haven't been around. Having some medical set backs. Trying to pop in when I can.
@ Mriganka Love to setting to your story. Chapters 1&2 I like best. Chapter 4 I'm trying to
vision how to get the player/character to drive a car ( using hud's maybe ?) Chapter 5 I'm a
little lost where the story leads to?

@Xplosys Love the characters (Max & Minnie Holocaust) that's awesome. I was hoping for something
along "Serious Sam" meets "Duke Nukem" mixed with "Max Pain". And I think you got!
Of course he drives a Mach-1 ( Lol ) I'm picturing something like the movie "Drive Angry"
Looking for a good voice morpher to test some character voices.
I like yours best due the quick level game play.

Also made a "doorway to hell" ( think Gates Of Hell ) Not sure if I can use it?
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2017 15:06 Edited at: 11th Jan 2017 15:15
@ncmako Chapter 4 will just show the player outside the chapel with his daughter hinting about an empty gas tank. Only FPS gameplay will be there in the game. Hope that I can get more input on this so that I can refine it as I haven't much story based games in FPSC. And also, thank you for your input.

I read my story but the beginning, it hints at a larger than life scenario, that would be quite hard to implement in FPSC. So I had to tone it down to a more Supernatural (TV Show) level. So please give your opinions on (especially the middle part of the story) because it may be that I am not able to convey the motivations of 'the writer' as properly as it seems in my mind.

Peace out.

PS - The existance of some characters will be fleshed out in the world via lore-books like stuff.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 12th Jan 2017 08:26
ncmako: I like You gate to hell. Maybe You shourld try to put torches on every step or every second step maybe. Test it!!

JBoy77
Years of Service
User Offline
Location: The dark path to righteousness is where you'll find me...
Posted: 12th Jan 2017 19:49
Sorry it took so long for me to see this thread. I'd be willing to step away from my project to help with this! I have grown to love Fragmotion and would love to show you my weapon modding kills. I have purchased all of EAI's modern weapon packs from his site.
JBoy77
Years of Service
User Offline
Location: The dark path to righteousness is where you'll find me...
Posted: 12th Jan 2017 19:52
I also am great with mixing music tracks and adding great weapon sound effects.Most of the tracks I have are royalty free as well!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2017 22:04
JBoy77.
We will def need music. If you read the proposed stories, you can get an idea of the type of music that would work with them. Can you post an example of something that fits?
Thanks.
Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2017 01:52
@Xplosys - Wow. I like it. The amount of detail here is great.

@Mriganka - Also a great level of detail.

About me:
I can be the PM if you would like. I can provide organization which is what I do everyday at work. Some people call me the PMevil
I am also good with Map/level design - very good with detail and knowing what FPSC can handle. I have many years of experience with it as do most of us here.
I have a low level of FPSC scripting, I am dangerous enough to read scripts and edit scripts that are already completed.
I can model, I have not done this in a while.
I can texture - very rusty.
I am EXTREMELY creative and I think outside of the box. I am a solution-est.

Things I think we should figure out:
1) Everyone that will be joining will need to list the following:
a. A list of their abilities. (What are you good at doing)
b. Software they will be using
c. Time Zone

2) Assigned Positions/Volunteers
a. PM (project Manager) - This person will organize meetings and make sure we set goals and keep everyone in the loop using many forms of communication.
b, Lead Design - This person will have the final say when it comes to the "Over All" design and quality of the game.. Over all we do not want the game to end up looking like a mix of different shades of rainbows
c. Lead Modeler - This person will be making the final decision on models. Design of the models, Textures.. and so on.
d. Lead Sound/Music - This person will be making the sound effects and music for the game.
e. Lead Scripting (Programmer) - This person will make the final calls on the scripts and any programming needed.
f. Writer - This person or team will be writing or completing the story for the entire game. They will also make edits where needed.
g. Tester - This person or team will test the product 1,000,000 times a day and provide a detailed level of feed back. (not really that many times)
The test team will verify the Quality and look for bugs. if it doesn't pass their test it will be sent back to the team for recommended changes.

From there we can add assistance or level out each of the positions as a team of decision makers.

Please let me know what you think?
PK
Me = noob

and i love The TGC : )
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2017 07:32 Edited at: 13th Jan 2017 07:33
So what are we? Some kind of GameDevTeam? (Sucide Squad pun right there)

Since things are coming together a bit, I would like to state a few details on the gameplay mechanics. The following script is crucial to make the gameplay 'feel' satisfactory.

Quote: ":state=0,plralive=1:dimlocalvar=H,state=1
:state=1:setvar=H $PH,state=2
:state=2,plralive=0:state=0
:state=2,plrhealthless=%H:etimerstart,plrwobble=250,state=3
:state=3,etimergreater=250:plrwobble=0,setvar=H $PH,state=2"

The weapons will be -

1. A melee weapon like a wrench
2. A pistol (the remapped version of the one from starmin001's Pom Pom pack)
3. A double baralled shotgun
4. An automatic rifle (perhaps Sten or the Russian one from the ww2 model pack - revamped of course)
5. A semi-automatic rifle (with or without scope - from ww2 pack)
6. Grenade launcher (chinalake from modern warfare community pack - also revamped and the flak rotates and detonates on contact)

I don't think we should use grenades as the flak physics is not much 'player-friendly' to be used like grenades from other games.

It would be cool if someone could make an engine modification to de-aimbot the AI as they rotate very fast and at full accuracy they never miss the player.

I also thought of integrating powers like -

1. Bring up shields
2. Improved reflexes (higher movement speed and jump height)
3. Player health regeneration (because by default player health will be static)
4. Player healing (to heal up the player)
5. Slow down time (if the community mod time slower mechanics can be applied)

Since there are two premises at the moment please tell which one you will be going with so that development can start fast.

Peace out.
Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2017 16:20
Gents,
Please check your inbox.

Xplosys, Madcow02 and cwf3d. I do not have your email address. Please send it over.

I hope this helps Kick Start this Project!

PK
Me = noob
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2017 19:09
@ ncmako
Quote: "Looking for a good voice morpher to test some character voices."

I own this one here. http://screamingbee.com/Product/MorphVOX.aspx

I'll help out on voice acting and some modeling. I take it we will be using black ice mod for this?
gamer, lover, filmmaker
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2017 19:12
Hello again Pain.
Email sent.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2017 22:07
@ Pain
Quote: "Gents, Please check your inbox"

I didn't see anything (even in spam folder).

@ seppgirty Yes, that's a good one to use. So you have it, great!
Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 01:24 Edited at: 14th Jan 2017 01:24
Updates,
@ncmako - I sent the email. I could of had a mental error.

@xplosys - I added your email to the group and sent you the email also.

@seppgirty - Added you to both the Modeling and Sound/voice teams.

Lets keep this ball rolling.
PK
Me = noob
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 02:46
ncmako: Lovely gate to hell.

Quote: "Lets keep this ball rolling."
\
I would like to give you a little insight on my thoughts in case my story (Max Holocaust) is selected. I believe we earlier decided to make about 5 levels, which I still agree with, though the concept will make it easy to go longer. I think we should try to keep this simple and small and do the best we can within the means of FPSC. We're not going to make a AAA game so let's not try. With that in mind, here are my thoughts...

If you read the entire thread here you will notice that my story was initially much more complicated. I think it would be better to play to FPSC's strengths and create more of a story driven, run-and-gun. I would like to do it in a comic book adaption style. Intro's, menus, videos, dialog, text, etc should all follow this theme. We have some excellent thinkers and scripters here who can really make the gameplay worth the game play if you know what I mean. Initially I'm looking at the Dungeon Pack as a basis for the game content. It really has a lot of great stuff that would work and we can build on it. It even has some demonic looking characters. Who made that anyway?

In this story, our hero Max is doing what he was born to do... Busting Demons, and in this case it's for the sake of Hellion Gate, which would be a good name for this comic episode: "Max Holocaust: Hellion Gate". With each level, Max will progress into a tougher level of hell with a new demon and story elements will be revealed through dialog and video. Boss levels are a nice possibility... let me know what you think. For example...
Level 1: How Mini died and how she now guides Max from the spirit world.
Level 2: How Max came to adopt and train Mini.
Level 3: How Max got started in the demon busting business.
Level 4 etc: To be determined and subject to change.
There could be short boss levels with each demon in between or as the end of each level.

By the way, when I say video, I'm thinking of flashing, comic images with dialog, not scripted gameplay vids. The same for messages other than the most simple/common on screen text ones. Same for the intro/extro and loading,etc screens.

That's where my head is at. Let me know what you think.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 17:11
@ Pain Got your email, responded to Google Drive link.

@ Xplosys Yes, 5 levels sounds good. Yes to small and simple for now.
The Dungeon Pack as a basis for the game, ok I have that pack also.
Not sure who made it, I think Rick V with TGC ?
Quote: "would like to do it in a comic book adaption style"

Love the idea, are we talking also "toon shader" perhaps?
Or just the style?
Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 17:13
Alright,
So our first mile stone or Objective will be:

Deciding and agreeing on the story.

Please provide your idea and we will vote. Please have your story in by 1-21-17 and then your vote in by 1-25-17.
Post your vote here and story here.

PK

Me = noob
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 17:21
I have already posted mine.

Peace out.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 19:22
@ Pain Thanks, link works for Google drive.
I have used Google Doc's & Sheets before. This is the same concept I see.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 21:08 Edited at: 14th Jan 2017 21:12
Quote: "Love the idea, are we talking also "toon shader" perhaps? "

Just the style. I would rather that the game be done normally, although the comic adaption may help people deal with the less than modern graphics of FPSC. What I'm thinking is called the flip book style where the intros and vids use flipping or particular images and pages from the comic along with sound and narration to tell/further the story.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 21:50
Quote: "where the intros and vids use flipping or particular images and pages from the comic along with sound and narration to tell/further the story."

Like the max pain games. It would take a little work but could be done in gimp or photo shop.

I like the idea of having only 5 levels. That has a better chance of getting done than a 15 level game. I ask again if this will be done with black ice mod. If it is i say we use the player legs thing and dual weapons. i vote for the comic book style. I'm voting for xplosys game.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2017 22:40
Quote: "It would take a little work but could be done in gimp or photo shop."

I think it would be less work than scripting scenes in FPSC, and I'm pretty good with PhotoShop. My idea is to use the levels in fpsc to grab the frames for the comic, and then use PhotoShop to finish the job, adding characters and content, and making the pics look comic-like. Then we just need to add them and narration to create the videos.

Thanks for the vote.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2017 13:40
Quote: "My idea is to use the levels in fpsc to grab the frames for the comic, and then use PhotoShop to finish the job, adding characters and content, and making the pics look comic-like. "

Would also be easy to open the characters in fragmotion to pose them how we want. Get a screen shot, a layer mask, and add to scene.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2017 19:48
Quote: " open the characters in fragmotion to pose them how we want. Get a screen shot, a layer mask, and add to scene "

Yes, very easy to do. I've done it many times with great results.
There are some programs out there that mimic comic book "Flipbook" style look. But this sound more fun
@xplosys
Quote: "making the pics look comic-like "

Yes, I've used plug-ins for Paint and Gimp that give great cartoonish results. Did you want
to "re-do" the characters textures also with a "cartoon" look?
Also,
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2017 21:23 Edited at: 15th Jan 2017 21:43
Quote: "Did you want to "re-do" the characters textures also with a "cartoon" look?"

That wouldn't be necessary as the image would be affected after all the content is in.
I'm not familiar with the cartoon plugin, but I want to make a distinction between cartoon and comic-like. See the attached images. It's not the final effect but you get the idea.

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2017 22:09
Xplosys Yes, that's the same look I get. Looks great, awesome!
Are you still wanting an "Into Battle" of some sort? Or maybe will it
be combined into the "Comic Flipbook" at the begining?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2017 23:16 Edited at: 15th Jan 2017 23:18
The intro battle would be a video (flipbook) because I would need it to go my way, but we will need a city if we go with my story. It really would just have to be a major intersection though, not a whole city. Any thoughts on a pack for that?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2017 01:03
Xplosys
Quote: "just have to be a major intersection though, not a whole city"

Yes, first one to mind is the Night City Pack. It's all done with a nice intersection.
Grungy & dirty, could be any city anywhere. Did a quick video with the main st. & intersection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZRmvS5nQiA&feature=youtu.be
Bldgs & props can easily be moved around.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2017 02:00
Yeah, good ole' Disturbing13. That could be Hellion Gate alright. I like that the hotel is right there. I can work that in.

Attachments

Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2017 05:35 Edited at: 16th Jan 2017 05:39
Will the story be like a Max Payne panel or like an image for a scene?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2017 14:37
I haven't played Max Payne so I looked up "Max Payne panel" and watched some gameplay on YouTube. Most of what I saw looked like 3-panel pages of people talking with dialog balloons that you had to read. If that's the case then I'm thinking more of a video made of comic book images/scenes with audio of the actual players, or in some cases possibly a narrator. Pages you have to read to get the story elements seems a little lazy, though it does allow people to get the info at their own pace. With that in mind, It would be nice to release the comic book (digital) as a part of the game.

I hope that's what you were asking. Like I said, I haven't played the game.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2017 23:47
In the max payne games you did hear the character's voices while the pages played.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
Pain
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2017 20:06
Maybe I missed something or I am just confused.

did we decide on the story/style of the game already?

Seems like Mriganka and Xplosys both have stories and styles listed.

Pain
Me = noob
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 10:52
@Pain
Quote: "did we decide on the story/style of the game already"

No, I'm just not a very good at communicating ideas into stories. So I'm
leaning more toward Xplosys, due to being shorter (5 levels) & doable.
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 13:46
There is only a handful of us who seem to be active on this thread. I really hope the other people who wanted to be a part of this project back. Otherwise we need to decide which way we have to proceed fast (probably before John Wick 2 hits theaters).
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 17:06
Oh crap. He's in a Mach 1. I was thinking of going with a 53' Corvette anyway.

Yes, there seems to be a general lack of interest with the exception of the few active here, but then the entire forum is dead compared to what it was. Perhaps as progress is made more people will come forward?
As for the story, I'll just keep writing until a choice is made. I'm not trying to jump the vote.
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2017 21:41
Honestly the focus on creating a full-story game is a bit much.

I think focusing on creating a solid FPS should be the priority.
If something compiles on the first try. Something is terribly wrong.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:44:54
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:44:54