Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Need help with tons of scripting!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 7th Oct 2016 15:40
Im going to make a series of complicated scripting, and I am not sure if all will work out...

Here is what Im gonna do:

1. Enter the hospital and say hello to Lucy who stop her pathwalking to say hello back!
This is fixed.

2. Talk to Weisman and when He has talked activate triggerzone 1 and 2 when leave the room, and the ECG alarm starts. The Sounds are fixed but dont know how to change the ECG Alttexture in triggerzone 1 or 2?

3.Lucy stops her pathwalking and starts following player. She is screaming Cardiac arrest (Heartstop), a timer shows on the screen counting down for about 20 seconds (The time the patient has to live if no adrenalin injection)

4. Player finds the locker with the adrenalin, its locked with a big lock so Player has to shoot the lock and the locker opens Player takes the syringe and runs for the sick guy.

5. Now Player must inject the adrenalin in the man who have a heartstop within the 20 seconds, otherwise He dies and the game is Game Over

6. If the sick mans heart starts to beat again, the ECG sound and alttex changes back to normal. The timer is removed from the screen.

7. While player has been in the hospital room Weisman has moved to the lift, ready to send up Walter (Player) to the next level, which (thank god) dosnt need so mutch scripting as level 1...

Is all this possible???
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Oct 2016 18:58
Mr Love
Ok, tested this script and it works good. Count down timer, set to 20 sec's, new game starts unless de-activated.

Look at the third line of code, you have you check if you have that image file at that path/location. (numeric2.dds)
If not, point to one you do have, change as needed. Notice that it uses a triggerzone. Change to "activated" if you need to,
then another script can "activate" it. To "de-activate" timer I used a simple "ww2 switch" and put name of this timer (triggerzone)
in the "ifused" field of the switch. When switch was pushed it activated timer (destroyed it) and timer stopped.
Any problems, just ask
best
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2016 02:28
At number 3 Lucy stops her pathwalking and starts following player. Sence scripting isnt working Corno_1 said You courld do this with vars (Did He mean variables?) And do You now how to use variables ncmako???

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2016 11:08
Mr Love
I could do it with variables, my timer above uses them. But as I recall you have a lot going on with sounds (alarms) and triggers
and such that I could never do it from my side here.
Here is a simple solution that you'll understand. Keep your other "alarms" the way they are. This first script is for a "triggerzone"
Put Lucy's exact name in the "ifused "field. Place this Trigger right on top of your "Alarm" sound zone. (you can do that, it will still work)

Next, use the script I gave you before for Lucy, here it is again.

Tested over and over, it works fine. Lucy will stop waypoint once, then resume. When player hit this new trigger
"activated=2" is activated and lucy stops and follows player.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2016 06:41 Edited at: 27th Oct 2016 09:02
Thanks ncmako, but this time I made it on my own. Here is My script, ECG alttexture change, Alarmsound, and Lucy followme all in one triggerzone. The script didnt work without "plrwithinzone=0:activateifused=2" But now everything works pretty good except that lucy is not only following Me, She bumps in to Me and even runs over Me. Can You insert some code in the walking script perhaps?

:state=0,activated=1:state=1
:state=1,plrwithinzone=1:activateifused=1,state=2
:state=2,plrwithinzone=0:loopsound=audiobank\ecg\alarm.ogg,state=3
:plrwithinzone=0:activateifused=4
:state=3,plrwithinzone=0:activateifused=2
:state=4,plrwithinzone=1:activateifused=2,state=0
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2016 03:06 Edited at: 29th Oct 2016 04:09
I courld see that there is no followplr in this script, so basicly it is movefore that makes Lucy following player, right? Cant Anyone help Me to use the commando "moveback" when She gets to close to the player? She is like a tanks now You know!

;Triggers

:waypointstate=0:state=1,animate=2,waypointstart
:waypointstate=3:animate=2,waypointnext
:waypointstate=4:animate=2,waypointrandom
:waypointstate=5:animate=2,waypointreverse

:state=0:state=1
:state=1,plrdistwithin=100:waypointstop,animate=4,rotatetoplr,etimerstart,state=2
:state=2:fpgcrawtextsize=32,fpgcrawtextfont=Arial,fpgcrawtextr=255,fpgcrawtextg=255,fpgcrawtextb=255,fpgcrawtextx=50,fpgcrawtexty=80
:state=2,plrcanbeseen:fpgcrawtext=Hi Walter! Weisman is expecting You...
:state=2,etimergreater=5000:fpgcrawtextoff,state=3
:state=3,plrdistfurther=100:waypointstate=0,state=1,animate=2,waypointstart

:activated=2:waypointstop,animate=2,rotatetoplr,movefore=10,state=4
:state=4:fpgcrawtextsize=32,fpgcrawtextfont=Arial,fpgcrawtextr=255,fpgcrawtextg=255,fpgcrawtextb=255,fpgcrawtextx=50,fpgcrawtexty=80
:state=4,plrcanbeseen:fpgcrawtext=Cardiac arrest! We need adrenalin fast...

;End of Script
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2016 14:38
Mr Love I noticed that problem also. So I went back to "followplr" but have to use "resetmarkers" to get her to move off the waypoints.

This appears to work better for me?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2016 07:19 Edited at: 31st Oct 2016 10:48
Well she do stop, but the Idle animation dosnt work. Can You set the setanimatespeed=0 when she stops??? It works, but how do I make her move again?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2016 06:43 Edited at: 1st Nov 2016 06:54
This is what I come up with. There is no animation now when Lucy is standing still. But I have some problems with the dialog sounds, they play several times over and over, its a bit bad. Maybe You courld take a look at it and maybe clean the script up, after I messed it up???

:waypointstate=0:state=1,animate=2,waypointstart
:waypointstate=3:animate=2,waypointnext
:waypointstate=4:animate=2,waypointrandom
:waypointstate=5:animate=2,waypointreverse

:state=0:state=1
:state=1,plrdistwithin=100:waypointstop,animate=4,rotatetoplr,sound=audiobank\dialog\Lucy1.ogg,etimerstart,state=2
:state=2:fpgcrawtextsize=32,fpgcrawtextfont=Arial,fpgcrawtextr=255,fpgcrawtextg=255,fpgcrawtextb=255,fpgcrawtextx=50,fpgcrawtexty=80
:state=2:fpgcrawtext=Hi Walter! Weisman is expecting You...
:state=2:sound=audiobank\dialog\Lucy1.ogg
:state=2,etimergreater=3000:fpgcrawtextoff,state=3
:state=3,plrdistfurther=100:waypointstate=0,state=1,animate=2,waypointstart

:activated=2:waypointstop,resetmarkers,rotatetoplr,followplr,animate=2,setanimatespeed=100,state=4
:state=4,plrdistwithin=75:animate=1,setanimatespeed=0,state=5,freeze
:state=4:sound=audiobank\dialog\Lucy2.ogg
:state=4:fpgcrawtextsize=32,fpgcrawtextfont=Arial,fpgcrawtextr=255,fpgcrawtextg=255,fpgcrawtextb=255,fpgcrawtextx=50,fpgcrawtexty=80
:state=4:fpgcrawtext=Cardiac arrest! We need adrenalin fast...
:state=5,animate=1,plrdistfurther=100:resetmarkers,rotatetoplr,followplr,animate=2,setanimatespeed=100,state=4
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2016 19:48
Mr Love
I'll work on this tonight. I see you have added sound to this script. The script is starting to get big with a lot going on.
Are you sure you want a sound file to play along with the rawtext being displayed? How long are the sound file? (seconds)
Because you have an etimer going it may cause problems if the sound file is longer than 3 sec's. Think about it, if the sound is
like 4-5 sec's long but the "etimer" jumps to next state after 3 sec's it can screw things up.

Now I don't have these sound files so I cant test them with the script, but I'll manage somehow.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2016 19:06
Great to have You around again!
Anyways here are the soundfiles with Lucy. I think I want text as well as sound for two reasons. First the quality of the sounds are pretty bad, and second, I want people without hearing to be able to play and understand the game...

Attachments

Login to view attachments
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2016 14:51
Mr Love
Thanks for the sound files. I think I got the script working great now?
I had to rewrite it a bit, but other wise working good. Now working out bugs for the sound files.
Give me a day and I should have it wrapped up. Till then
best
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2016 22:39
Mr Love
Ok, I've tested this over and over and works flawless. Use my sound files, I took yours and adjust the time to
just under 3 sec's to match etimers. You'll see Lucy's main script has 2 etimers each at 3 sec's.
Last script is for the trigger to break Lucy from waypoints and run/follow player.
Any problems let me know.
best

Attachments

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2016 21:03 Edited at: 17th Nov 2016 21:11
Yeah big probs! At first Lucy says Hi Walter, and thats fine, but later on when activated running Lucy stumbles on the word cardiac arrest and says something like "cardicardicardi" over and over again, and animation 3 plays witch looks weird...
But its quite alright because the original script works ok, except for the repeat of "cardiac arrest" even if She says it correctly... Perhaps I shourld move on in the story and look at the next coming problems...
I really courld need some help with problem number 4......

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2016 09:23
Mr Love
Here is a video of me running the Lucy script. If everything is setup right it should run correctly.
She does not stutter words. Did you use my sounds files?

As for problem #4, it's very easy. Make a model of the "lock". Make it dynamic & immobile.
Place on door. Give it this script.

Notice "activateifused in script, put door name in "ifused " field.

Next used this script for the door.

Shoot the "lock" and door will open (activate)! Noticed the hud image used in this script. You will have to change to
meet your needs for course. Also player distance, adjust to your needs.
best
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2016 15:12 Edited at: 18th Nov 2016 15:28
Yes I used Your sound-files.. I start to belive that this is a hackerprank! I mean it looks perfect on Your computer, but perhaps it courld be a collision problem too.. (But that animate=3 animation is a mystery)
I have already made a lock, its the lock on the picture. Is it possible to animate the lock, because I want the lock to fall apart in two peices? (The mainpart falling one way and the "ring" the other way)

just a question, did You spell this right? "gamecoretextlckeddoor.tga"

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2016 17:04
Mr Love
Just by, do you remember I changed some of the animation on the Lucy model awhile back.
I have attached the one I use. Try it and see if it makes a difference for you. Don't forget
to attach the correct script to Lucy's Main AI before testing.

Yes, it is possible and easy to make the lock fall apart into pieces. Just needs to be animated.
If your having problems, send my way and I'll rig it.

Quote: " did You spell this right? "gamecoretextlckeddoor.tga"

Lol, that is an older script I had laying around to use as a template.
Like I said you have to change to path your own image file/files.
I figured you have a hud ready that displays "shot lock to open door"
or something like that.

Attachments

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2016 18:49
Nope! Same result, except for the animation that was correct.. LOL! It really did sound like She was rapping, like rapmusic... No, I give up now and move on. In the locked cabinet Im going to put a syringe that I can pick up after I shoot up the lock... (God, even more scripts)
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Nov 2016 22:29
Mr Love
Quote: "a syringe that I can pick up after I shoot up the lock"

Not hard to do. Think of a "key" one would pickup to unlock a door.
Use the same concept as that. We have stock script already to help with that.
best
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2016 16:18 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2016 16:22
That wourld be great if You courld animate the lock and the door.. Just have to rezise the objects first. Tell Me when You are ready.

Quote: "Not hard to do. Think of a "key" one would pickup to unlock a door."

Im not quite sure I understand how that wourld work??? You shourld not be able to pick up the key when the doors are closed...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2016 19:10
Mr Love
Sure, when ever you get the scale size what you want, send me the files and I'll animate the lock to fall apart and
the cabinet door to open.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2016 21:06 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2016 21:23
Ok! There are just a few things You have to think about:

1. Remove uneccesary bones

2. You can animate the cabinet and the lock together, so You know how the lock falls on the cabinet-handle, but dont save them together, and animate both doors open...

3. The cabinet are placed kind of high, so make the lock fall correct...

4. Save the lock as one model(!) and the cabinet as one model(!)

Now good luck with the animations, and thanks! Here are the models.......

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2016 09:56
Mr Love
Here you go, try these files and see how it works for you. I tested and works great.
Place cabinet on wall, add sound if you want ( i set the cabinet "speed" to 25, seemed to look better)
Place lock into position (a little hard being so small) make sure it's health is set to 100!!! Add sound if
you want. Test run. Shoot with any weapon and lock falls apart & cabinet door opens.

Attachments

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2016 19:26
The lock worked like a charm, but the cabinet wont open. Do I have to set the lock in "if used" field??? The standard scale for the cabinet is 180 so I did scale it to 150 a little bit smaller than standard...

Thanks for a great job! I saw that Your not on My credits list yet. Me bad! I will put You on the credits list ofcourse...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2016 20:42
I fixed it. But how do I add the sound? Do I have to script the sounds?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2016 21:32
Mr Love
Yes, I'm sorry. Forgot to mention you must add cabinet name to "ifused" field in "lock" setting.
Quote: "But how do I add the sound? Do I have to script the sounds?"

No, the script calls for sound from the $0 slot setting for each entity.
Add sound in the "0" zero slot for each one. All is well
Glad it's working.
best
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2016 01:00
I have some plans to create something called "Heropoints" and use the buy&sell $$$-script for that.. Wourld You be intrested in modding that script ncmako?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Nov 2016 01:05
I don't think I have ever heard of that? Can you point me to a thread/posting
to read up on it?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2016 00:45
It was the cash-system I was thinking about here: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/outbound?url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.thegamecreators.com%2F%3Fm%3Dforum_view%26t%3D130281%26b%3D24
I thought maybe You courld modify this to a "score-system" were You can add and remove scores instead of money???
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2016 09:17
Mr Love
Ah yes, Conjured E's old cash system. Yes a score system is not too hard to make.
Tell me what are you planing to pickup / collect to add to the score?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2016 22:46 Edited at: 28th Nov 2016 22:52
I want a system that can be loaded/saved. I also want to give and remove points in different side-missons. Like saving the life of a soldier, with adrenaline gives +25 Hero Points. And if You fail doing this within 20 seconds, You get about -15 Hero Points. The higher Hero Points the better Reputation You have, and that means that You will get more help from people You meet in the game.. If You have really low Hero Points, no allies are ready to fight for You...
This is a little bit of My vision for the game... (But an ordinary score-system wourld work fine as well)
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2016 23:40 Edited at: 30th Nov 2016 09:53
Mr Love
This is very easy to do. Is the screen just to display only 1 (one) set of numbers/points on screen?
Also, where on the screen would you like it located? Left,right center???
I have a few on hand, I'll look thru them and see if any can be of use for this idea.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 03:00 Edited at: 30th Nov 2016 03:04
Yea! The ordinary numeric works fine. My points-hud is the same style as My health-hud, very clean but basic style! I think of locate it beside the health hud, or maybe perhaps middle upper screen.. Do You think "Hero Points" Sounds weird? Maybe "Score" is better? What do You think???

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 09:52 Edited at: 30th Nov 2016 10:25
Mr Love
Quote: "The ordinary numeric works fine"

Ok, easy to do. I'll just use the internal numeric hud system.

Quote: "beside the health hud, or maybe perhaps middle upper screen"

I'll place it in the middle for now, very easy to move. I think in the middle
the player can more easily see the points.

Quote: "Do You think "Hero Points" Sounds weird"

No, not at all. It's different & I like it

I should have something to post by tonight.
best

Edit: Made a quick hud script, does it look alright to you in center screen?
Also, do you want to keep the player "health" at left or remove it?

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 21:41
Quote: "No, not at all. It's different & I like it"

Hmm, I kind of like different too...

Dont forget that I must have standard size of the numeric. (Same size as HEALTH and LIVES numbers)
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2016 21:50
Mr Love
Quote: "Same size as HEALTH and LIVES numbers"

That is determined from YOUR games setuplevel.fpi Open that and
a couple line down you will see something like..

Most are size 16, unless you changed it?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2016 03:39
Quote: "Most are size 16, unless you changed it?"

Wow I didnt think that You courld change the size of the numeric-numbers... In that case You can basicly make something that looks like halflife2 health-hud!?
BTW, dont want to be to pushy, but how is it going with the score scripts???
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Dec 2016 11:39
Mr Love
Quote: "didnt think that You could change the size of the numeric-numbers"

Yes, not that hard to do. Attached are files for a simple count down timer (set to 30 sec's easy to change)
Make a simple room, place trigger with countdown_timer attached, player walks into zone timer starts.
After 30 secs game ends. You can easily change it to "activated=1" to start instead of player in zone, and
an "activated =2" to stop timer. (the cabinet door opening could activate it? add timer name in ifused field)
Note in picture, image is center screen, you'll have to adjust left or right if your hero points is also center screen?
Also, I looked at some half life health hud examples, made a quick one like it. Notice bottom left.

What do you think?
Quote: "but how is it going with the score scripts"

They are all done, tell me the score points I should use for adding & losing hero points.
(5, 10, 15, 25?)

Attachments

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2016 06:31
Quote: "They are all done, tell me the score points I should use for adding & losing hero points."

Yea, I thought something like 1,5,10,15,25,40 And it wourld be good if You can add a text at the same time as heropoints are coming up. Someting like "+15 HeroPoints for shooting down drone" that inform why You got the HeroPoints...
Perhaps its to mutch work giving +1 HeroPoints for headshot?
Right now I cant think so mutch of scripting sence I am rigging EAIs hand and arm, had to change every bone to make it work, and this is for the syringe only. My first gunrig ever, hope it wont look like crap...

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2016 16:58
Mr Love
Quote: "Someting like "+15 HeroPoints for shooting down drone"

Oh, I thought all the points were from "Items" collected. Something like this is easier.
You would just add this to the "drones" destroy script. addvar=NAME OF VARIABLE 15
Since I called the "hero point" dimvar "hpcounter" you would use..

So, for the other points (1,5,10,15,25&40) are they for ITEMS you collect, or something else?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2016 23:47
No ITEMS. (I think) All points goes to things You do, for example "+25 points for saving life of private Johnson" with an adrenaline syringe...
Its called HeroPoints You know! Not so heroistic just to collect stuff...
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Dec 2016 00:09
Mr Love
Quote: "No ITEMS. (I think) All points goes to things You do"

Ah, see that paints a different picture. I went ahead and attached the scripts I have so far for items to pick up.
That means now, it depends all on what/which script your running when points are added or taken away.

Try this, make a simple map, add the "hp_system.fpi" script to a trigger.
Then add this to a script at the correct state and test run... addvar=hpcounter # or subvar=hpcounter #
(change the # to a number to want) This will tally the points, but you wont have a text hud on screen.
You can try adding the hudreset= in your scripts and "hudshow" & "hudunshow" but not sure if it will work?

Attachments

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 03:20 Edited at: 5th Dec 2016 04:22
I have tested it out, and it works like a charm! Mostly I will use this on destroy scripts...
is "subvar=hpcounter 15" removing 15 points? This script worked great, dont think I need the pickup points, but You never know...

desc = Leave corpse

;Triggers

:state=0:state=1,addvar=hpcounter 15,suspend,coloff

;End of Script

Looks pretty good with My original hud... I want to start the game with 50 HeroPoints, how do I add that to the heroscript?
Thanks alot for a good job!!!

Attachments

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2016 09:48
Mr Love Your screen shot looks great.
Quote: " I want to start the game with 50 HeroPoints"

You would add this line "setvar=hpcounter 50" to your main hero point
system script to set the "dimvar" to start with 50 points. It should look like this...

Quote: "is "subvar=hpcounter 15" removing 15 points?"

Yes, subvar removes and addvar add's to the points.

You can also use it with any destroy script. Just place the "var" code before it's
destroyed.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2016 14:40
Yea, the heropoints really works great, thanks! Just wonder if You have time to help Me make a gun and an entity of My new syringe animation? Its kind of an easy animation 2-100 is "fire" and 101-130 its idle and walk. Im kind of new to the "weapon-thing"... (Milkshape format OBS 30FPS)
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2016 22:08
Mr Love
Quote: "make a gun and an entity of My new syringe animation"

I assume you mean "make a weapon out of an entity" Yes, I can help.
Do you have something done already?
ironman21
Years of Service
User Offline
need help im pretty sure there is a script in here somwhere for this but im uber new and there alot of threads. so i do appoligize in advance for being annoyance to any of you . isnt there a script for " enemy find covers when health drop below 50% of something . or am i off base ?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2016 05:01
No I mean make a HUD-weapon, and make the entity that is connected with the weapon. (First You dont have the syringe, and when You pick up the entity of a syringe, You have the gun)
Yes everything is ready, animation and a small syringe that will be the entity. I want the hand to be mutch on the right side, so You can see the syringe...
Thanks!!

ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Dec 2016 09:14
Mr Love
Yes I understand. Send me what you have and I'll work on it over the weekend.
Let me know if you want to use any "keys" for player actions.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Dec 2016 04:40
Its important how the "HUD-GUN" looks in screen, I want it mutch to the right (so You can see the syringe) and the hand shourld be close to the screen...
Here is the syringe and entity:

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 18:41:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 18:41:06