Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Team Requests / DarkBASIC Network IDE - Team Request

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2004 03:00
You can join the team towards the end of the day I’ll post more details, but right now I am at school in a business management class. I’ll post later on.

Thanks,
1tg46

Join the group
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2004 03:03
*tut tut*

im on holiday

Do you have MSN?

Create? Play? YOU Decide
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2004 07:19 Edited at: 27th Oct 2004 07:39
No I do not have msn, but all code, downloads, and other stuff will be posted on this forum. And communication is limited to the forums.

*Update*
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/xt/xt_apollo_download.php?i=422594

Everything sorted out with this thread.

Join the group

Attachments

Login to view attachments
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2004 07:19 Edited at: 27th Oct 2004 07:24
oops I'll reuse these threads

Join the group
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2004 07:19 Edited at: 27th Oct 2004 07:22
oops

Join the group
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2004 07:19 Edited at: 27th Oct 2004 07:21
holy crap it posted alot when I accidently pressed post message and stopped the loading, sorry.

Join the group
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2004 07:50
I get lost sometimes when it goes to a new page during a post and I don't see my new post.... it's annoying...

-This...is my boomstick!
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2004 08:19
I have my settings to have 100 posts and threads viewable at one time.

And now to finish what I started about 4 posts ago. The attachment on that thread is the new update and their are many new features to the program that I have implemented.

1)Faster menu system (I am pretty sure it is faster)
2)Opening and closing of files
3)Beginning of the Debug mode
4)Much much more

Now to those of you that I have said are team members (and yes I have put powersoft on the team). I would like your comments, bugreports, and code snippets whenever they are available, because right now it seems like me and thanatos are working alone (no offense intended, as I know that I have mentioned this is a work as you go program). In that file their is a bugreports.txt which has todos,new features, and bugs.

I would also like to know which area of the program you would like to work on so we all don't get messed up with new code everywhere. For example:
If your expertiece is graphics, post that you are the graphics person, if you are going to work on a certain piece of code, then post. We need someone who can work on a good quality small(in size) media player.

Any questions please post. And keep in mind, so that we get more publicity for our project I am requesting that people have DBN (or DarkBASIC Network) mentioned in their sig, this is not mandatory but would be very appreciated, it could even be a small piece of text. I have changed many parts of the program so look over carefully, and before you copy over the previous version take the browse.exe program from your "programs\misc. programs" folder as I have not included it in this release. If their is no browse.exe program don't worry it does not need to be their for the program to run.

Join the group
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2004 08:35
How do you plan to tackle syntax highlighting in the main edit area?

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2004 15:05
Don't sweat. I'm still here. Trying to finish up and get home!

-This...is my boomstick!
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2004 23:19
RobK

This project will take quite a bit of time and effort. And I am not sure but I may be gettin Visual Studio.NET for chirstmas so I may be able to make dll's for the program that could do that. And would you mind explaining how you used the dbp_config.dll in the BlueIDE of yours?

Thanks
1tg46

Join the group
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2004 02:05
BlueIDE doesn't use dbp_config.dll, although the code to do it is in there. Dynamically calling DLLs is quite a pain in VB. Fortunately it is very easy in DarkBASIC. There are 4 functions which are called on startup, on compile, on shutdown and on about box display. You can use LOAD DLL and CALL DLL to do this.

BlueGUI:Windows UI Plugin - All the power of the windows interface in your DBPro games.
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2004 05:07 Edited at: 28th Oct 2004 05:44
I tried using those commands but it said the dll did not load properly.

The code is similar to this:

but it doesn't seem to be working. Could you post a working example, I am still going to work on it later tonight.

And rob you might know how to do this.In the program I am trying to add a menu item (Transparency) to the dropdownmenu when you click the windows icon in the system menu. I am trying to add the ability of transparency of windows through a menu item in that menu. Do you know how?

And when the project nears completion would it be elgible to be on the gallery at your site for using the gadget system so extensively?(keep in mind I am still going to use lots more gadgets, maybe all of them) It's Okay if you don't want to, but it would be cool.

Join the group
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2004 09:27 Edited at: 28th Oct 2004 10:12
Alright it is working now, but I don't know what on_startup or on_compile or on_shutdown mean(as in what they do) ,and I have edited my sig so that users can just click it to jump to this thread.

Click the sig
Thanatos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2004 21:17
How are team members coming with the coding?

Working with 1tg46 on DarkBASIC Network.
Coming along great.
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2004 01:13 Edited at: 30th Oct 2004 04:16
Reaching a tenative 3300 lines of code, once I recieve word from P o w e r s o f t about his scripting system, then I may release another update.

The next update will include:
dbp_config.dll support
Code library support (partially done at the moment)
webbrowsing
Powersoft's scripting system (tenative, will be added if approved by him)
Miscellaneus stuff to improve performance

Click the sig
Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2004 05:35
Quote: "And when the project nears completion would it be elgible to be on the gallery at your site for using the gadget system so extensively?"

Certainly

Regarding adding items to the system menu, I might be able to arrange something.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2004 20:13
Thanks, and I will definitely be able to add some more functuality to the program since I have just ordered Visual Studio.NET proffesional academic edition which I will be getting for christmas. And I am waiting for an update until I get the Okay from powersoft.

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2004 22:24
if anyone is interested I do have an update ready to be put on the forums but I will not post until I get at least one reponse requesting it, as not a single person has directly helped me with this project.

I would like to at least hear from the team members if they are still working with me. Right now we are reaching 3444 lines of code.

Click the sig
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2004 01:28 Edited at: 4th Nov 2004 02:49
The great thing about the program is, once it is finished, people will have a better time managing projects since it is so hard to get code that is not up to date.

I'm supposed to get deported (this is actually a good thing) back to the USA this Friday (but they have told me this before).

[EDIT]
Where is the latest? Can you repost the link or email it to

-This...is my boomstick!
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2004 05:27
I am getting the forum version ready I should have it up tonight, maybe even in a few hours. And since the forums now have where you can attach files to them then I will not be using e-mail.

Should post in a while

Thanks for responding
1tg46

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2004 06:22 Edited at: 4th Nov 2004 23:13
Update

Still right around 226 kilobytes.

DarkBASIC Network IDE Download

This is the newest beta version of DarkBASIC Network IDE. Right now we are at 3502 lines of code and the lines of code are ever increasing. In this edition we have lots of partial suff on the way.

new features:
dbp_config.dll support
Code library support (partially done at the moment)
webbrowsing
Powersoft's scripting system (tenative, will be added if approved by him)
Miscellaneus stuff to improve performance
Fixing some menu issues
now allowing the opeing of dba files, and the partially done opening of dbpro files.
and lots of odds and ends.

Please tell me where all the team members are in this project. since I am getting a headache right now of writing on the code we have already I am going to be working on the media player (unless someone else has already started on that aspect).

Regards,

1tg46

p.s. I would also like to hear how the rest of the forums like this program, non-team members can post here for comments, suggestions, or if you want to help. You are not obligated to join the team

Click the sig

Attachments

jwurmz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2004 12:17
link doesn't work

"Creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" - Einstein
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2004 23:03 Edited at: 4th Nov 2004 23:13
The file must have been to large or the upload was corrupt, the file shnould be downloadable now. Took out the file dbp.chm and I may put another download for that in a separate post.

Thanks,
1tg46

Click the sig
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2004 02:20
WoW! i have returned from the Abyss...

After your friendly post in my thread 1tg46 i remembered i had said i would help, so help (if im allowed) will follow....

Being a bit of an idiot i need to know what you want doing

Create? Play? YOU Decide
Terabyte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2004 02:50
hey i tried doing somthing similar to this a while back, i gave up mainly because i was trying to write the ide from scratch and there seemed to be a big secret on how to make ids's for dbpro.. least nobody would say.. or nobody knew A while after that i knew but just could not be arsed.

anyway .. will be very cool to see this finished i'll be very interested in it ^_^

Dark Days Software - Entering DBPRO Competition: Operation Wolf
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2004 03:32 Edited at: 5th Nov 2004 03:45
Just reminding you powersoft, I was getting a bit agrivated when no one was responding but now that everyone has responded i can get back on track with the program.

Quote: "hey i tried doing somthing similar to this a while back, i gave up mainly because i was trying to write the ide from scratch and there seemed to be a big secret on how to make ids's for dbpro.. least nobody would say.. or nobody knew A while after that i knew but just could not be arsed."

Well I'll be having more help since I have ordered Visual Studio .NET 2003 Professional for my computer. Once it is installed (hopefully it installs correctly as I ordered the academic version rather then the original $1,000 non-academic version. Once I learn that I will be able to make dll's for this program as well. I may even work on two versions of the IDE, one in one of the four languages that comes with Visual Studio, and the other version will be made in DBP.

@powersoft
In this version of the update it is stated that you may be excluded from the team if you don't respond to one of the previous posts, but now that I have heard from you, you can just ignore that.

@everyone
Attached to this post is the file that was left out of the update, the dbp.chm file. This is the searchable help that goes in the tools folder of the DarkBASIC Network application
Thanks everyone,
1tg46

Click the sig
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2004 03:38
wat needs doing?

There is a rumor of the engine im making to be rewritten and be more optimised and faster

Create? Play? YOU Decide
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2004 03:43 Edited at: 5th Nov 2004 03:48
Quote: "There is a rumor of the engine im making to be rewritten and be more optimised and faster"

At the moment I have just include the scripting system and have not used any of its functions so it can easily be upgraded to a new version if this "rumor" is true .

Right now if you could just try to fix some of the bugs it would be very helpful. And right now I am editing my previous post to include the searchable help file. But it may take another five minutes for it be their as I have dial-up and it takes along time to upload a 1 meg file.

[edit]and now that I think of it, a major thing that would help would be to speed up the program and to have the program now bash the computer performance (maybe using memblocks(which I know nothing about )), right now the program takes over 60,000 kb of performance memory to run. [/edit]

Click the sig
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2004 05:56
Ok, my first dumb question. It says "startblue" on line 107. This is where it errors out. I could not a function called "startblue", nor a module for "startblue".

-This...is my boomstick!
the_winch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2004 07:55
You need blue gui v2 http://www.robertknight.me.uk/blue2/site/

Quote: "this is not a quote"
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2004 09:23
BlueGUI version 2 is required to run the program. This program does not work with BlueGUI version 1.4.5 as the Blue plugin has been completely rewritten.

Click the sig
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2004 23:11 Edited at: 5th Nov 2004 23:11
Not a problem. Will do.

-This...is my boomstick!
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2004 01:28
ok, so what do you want me to do.

i think btw the link is messed up

Create? Play? YOU Decide
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2004 01:43
What? I got to buy this thing? That sucks. I guess $20 bucks for something I will never really use again is bad, but I guess I will get it later tonight.

-This...is my boomstick!
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2004 04:52 Edited at: 6th Nov 2004 04:53
Sorry if you have to buy it, if you don't want to buy it you can still do other suff for the team. But if you do end up buying the program, I can explain the different aspects that this program does use. If you don't want to buy the plugin, and don't want to work on different aspects of the program I can take you off the team - but the decision is entirely up to you.
Sorry about the inconvenience

Other areas where we could use you help if you don't want to buy the plugin:
Quote: "
Right now since I have the menu system partially complete we need third party programs that you think will be useful to programmers.
Examples:
1)An encryption program(a link for it is in the previous post)
2)Calculator(we still need, and it needs to have more than just the basic functions)
3)A project maker(we still need)

And we also could use any program that would be considered useful to programmers. The programs most be made in DarkBASIC unless the program is good enough and uses features that DBP normally does not use. And the program should be relatively small. All the programs should have source code provided and their names will be mentioned in the credits.

Now for some fun stuff for the forums:
If you can't make or just don't want to make a program that is useful for programmers. We are accepting programs (still relatively small executables) that stretch the limits of DBP and can show off the capabilities a programmer may have. These programs do not need to be related to programming, but you (not someone elses material)must make them, and they must be made with DarkBASIC."

@Powersoft
It does seem like the dbp.chm file is messed up, but the update is correct.I will try to update the dbp.chm file within a few days. And about what you can do:
Quote: "and now that I think of it, a major thing that would help would be to speed up the program and to have the program now bash the computer performance (maybe using memblocks(which I know nothing about )), right now the program takes over 60,000 kb of performance memory to run."

A few other aspects that i could use help with:
1) Opening of DarkBASIC Pro files (.dbpro)
2) Fixing the tab system(*-see below comment)
3) Fixing minor bugs in teh program.

*=This tab system may be updated once I have access to my Visual Studio .NET program.

And for anyone who may be considering joining the team here are the requirements again:
Requirements of the program:
1) Registered version of BlueGUI final release
2) WindowsXP (not sure if works on other platforms)
3) Cattlerustlers DB_NETLIB dll
4) .NET framework (needs to have if you are using cattlerustlers plugin which is by default in the program, but I am pretty sure the only command in the program of NETLIB is dt_getnow command.

Links for these requirements are in the first post.

Regards,
1tg46

Click the sig
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2004 05:33
It's $20 bucks. Not a huge dent in my wallet, heck, it's not even a good lunch! I will get it later tonight when I get off of work.

-This...is my boomstick!
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2004 05:56
Okay, then if you have any problems once RobK gives you the userID and key code I can help you understand the program .

Click the sig
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2004 07:44
I ordered it. I will let you know when Rob ever gets a few moments....

-This...is my boomstick!
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2004 07:53
It took me a few days to get a response from him, but that was when he was on vacation. If you want to start trying out the program, their is a trial version of the dll on his website. The only thing with the trial is that it has a 20 minute time limit. Hope you enjoy the plugin

-1tg46

Click the sig
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2004 15:32 Edited at: 6th Nov 2004 15:37
ummm. when i compiled the source the screen flicked different colors.... black and only saw buttons as you go over it

[edit]
fixed. do you want syntax highlighting looked at?

Create? Play? YOU Decide
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2004 20:19 Edited at: 6th Nov 2004 20:22
Sure right now I am not sure how it wouold be done. I am planning to entirely redo the tab system once I have access to my Visual Studio .NET. That way I will be able to make edits that are more flexible then the ones that come with BlueGUI v2. And then Once the edits are completed then we can start working on other stuff.

So for right now could we temporarily put the syntax highlighting on hold, and maybe work on opening .dbpro files, and saving different .dba and .dbpro files.

Thanks,
1tg46

I would be interested in how you wouldv'e planned to do this syntax highlighting

[edit] Now that I think of it, since I am not quite sure how to program with visual sudio, you could probably do stuff with the syntax highlighting and it can edited once I figure out how to make new edit controls[/edit]

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2004 22:21
@Cellbloc Studios
I have just looked at your team request, and was amazed that you already had two games published, and yet you are still interested with this program. But I have to admit I didn't understand what game you were trying make with that team request.

@Powersoft and Cellbloc
I know that Cellbloc has experience with other languages, but do you? Because we may have two versions of this program, one in DarkBASIC Professional, and one with another language. And if Powersoft does have experience with different languages than if we can agree upon a language we can start a new version of the editor.

I hopefully (once the program gets installed good, not sure about how the activation will go since it is an academic version) will have access to:
Visual BASIC .NET
Visual J# .NET
Visual C++ .NET
Visual C# .NET
or at least I am pretty sure those are the languages that come with Visual Studio .NET 2003 Academic.

And if we do have two versions of DarkBASIC Network, keep in mind that I only have experience with DBP programming, and have not had any experience with these other languages, so the DBP version will probably have the most progress.

Click the sig
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2004 01:54
i have Visual Studio .NET Acedemic. . .

if you need any help, contact me.

you allowed to get MSN, it would be easyier. . . i forget about things easily.... i hope rich make a "my watched threads" bit

POWERSOFT

Create? Play? YOU Decide
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2004 03:10
@Powersoft
Quote: "i have Visual Studio .NET Acedemic"

Does it require activation, I can't find out right now because my parents won't let me open it until later this week(hopefully, either that or christmas present)theey have it sitting on the kitchen table to torment me .

Quote: "you allowed to get MSN, it would be easyier"

I am not allowed to use any instant messaging service.

Quote: "i forget about things easily"

I am thinking of having my sig updated every so often with news of this program, would this be of help.

It would be like:
----------------------------------------------------
| picture | News of program |
----------------------------------------------------

And the dotted outline would be the jpg file.

Click the sig
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2004 03:17
1. YES, just cofirms to /V\$ you have it legit, you dont even fill anythin in

2.Oh ok

3. Yep

Create? Play? YOU Decide
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2004 03:26
Quote: " YES, just cofirms to /V\$ you have it legit, you dont even fill anythin in"

Just to double check:
That means it just checks to see if you have valid software, and nothing else?

Click the sig
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2004 03:44
yes

Create? Play? YOU Decide
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2004 05:10 Edited at: 7th Nov 2004 05:15
and powersoft how will do this do for getting your attention. All I need to do is reduce the size of it,and were in business. IT might take awhile to reduce the size because Animation Shop isn't going to reduce it much more without distorting the image. And this animation may be to slow or to fast on browsers could you tell me how it looks.

Can you reduce the size any farther? And if so tell me the program that you used.

Click the sig

Attachments

mcrazer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2004 05:54
So with this program IDE you can make a online game ?

laaaaalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaland

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:56:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:56:30