Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Team Requests / DarkBASIC Network IDE - Team Request

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2004 02:30
im here

Liberty: Fight for Freedom
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2004 04:39 Edited at: 8th Jan 2005 06:52
Hows your version of DBN working out?

Do you know how I could fix some of these problesm:
Quote: "What I am having problems with:
1) Tabs. I am having trouble making a function in a different class then the tabs were created in, so I am having trouble with the interaction of different classes.
2) I am having trouble with the codesense control, I get an error if I try to put it on a form.
3) I am having trouble trying to figure out how to add images to menu items. So if someone could help me out with that, it would be much appreciative."

This image does have writing on it because it is the one I used in the "Available TPC dll's" thread in the DLL talk.

If you have abandoned your version and are still interested with DBN, I could upload the project of what I have right now in VB.NET. Right now the program is over 6000 lines of code for all the windows, but that is mainly due to the form designer.

Thanks for still helping,
1tg46

My updated sig file is attached to this thread so mods, please don't delete it.

Click the sig

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2004 23:48
yes slight problems,
might have to give in

if you could upload

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2004 00:00 Edited at: 19th Dec 2004 02:12
can do, only source code. I'll have it up by the end of today, I need to prepare the files so that it is under 1MB when compressed.

Regards,
1tg46

[edit] since the files will be 8 meg for everything, I will have a split zip file most likely, you will have to run the first zip and the rest will follow (or at least that is how it sounds in WinZIP 8.1[/edit]

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2004 02:41 Edited at: 19th Dec 2004 23:10
!@#$%^&*() (did not mean to post this post)

Click the sig
Spline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2004 07:50
hi 1tg46 hows is your project coming along?
there are other programs that can split files beter than winzip
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2004 09:37 Edited at: 20th Dec 2004 05:23
Well I have split the file, it is part of 6 downloads all of which are 900kb other than this one which is 456kb. To use the zip all of these files need to be in the same directory, and you may need winzip to use these files. Once all are downloaded the zip file is the one that you should run, and then you can either extract the files or join all the files.

In the download are the compiled versions of the application, and the source code. To run any part of this application you need at least the .NET compact framework. If you try to compile this code you need to have at least the .NET SDK and Visual Studio .NET 2003 or equivelant.
All parts of this program are written in Visual Basic .NET except for media.dll which is written in C++ that I did not code, I simply made that file in an atempt to be able to call the media from the dll to use as menu/toolbar icons.

DBN.zip (file number 1)

Thanks,
1tg46

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2004 09:45 Edited at: 20th Dec 2004 05:22
part 2

DBN.z01 (file number 2)

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2004 09:54 Edited at: 20th Dec 2004 05:20
Part 3

DBN.z02 (file number 3)

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2004 10:18 Edited at: 20th Dec 2004 05:20
part 4

DBN.z03 (file number 4)

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2004 10:20 Edited at: 20th Dec 2004 05:18
part 5

DBN.z04 (file number 5)

Click the sig

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2004 10:21 Edited at: 20th Dec 2004 05:17
part 6

DBN.z05 (file number 6)

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2004 10:27 Edited at: 19th Dec 2004 11:52
The uploads are complete and people can start downloading them, and people can also start posting on this thread again.

Regards,
1tg46

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2004 23:13
If people do not even have the .NET framework, could someone at least double check that the zip file[split files] can be opened, this is my first time splitting files like this,so I do not know how it will turn out.

Thanks,
1tg46

Click the sig
Spline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2004 01:38
hi 1tg46 i downloaded the files
i try to extract the files using winzip 9
had no joy got an error, might be something iv done
but im not sure, i will give another go
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2004 05:28
That should now be fixed because when I uploaded the the files yesterday, I tried uploading 2 sets of files for this. One was with the files being 10mg and the others I uploaded were 900kb, and then when I deleted the first set I didn't delete all of them and uploaded the new set.

Anyways, the files are not uploaded correctly, and you shouldn't have a problem, if so please tell me. And mods, their are 3 posts that I am requesting to be deleted they are clearly marked, please when deleting these can you not accedently delete one of the posts with a file attached.

Thanks very much,
1tg46

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2004 04:26
Has anyone downloaded the zip file[s], so that they can tell me that they are working now?

And I would also like everyone's opinion on how the program is coming along so far.

@POWERSOFT
Just tell me what part of the program you could work on and i'll make sure to leave that are for you. And since it looks like you C++, would it be possible for you to work on the media.dll file since that is natively C++ code. If you could add commands to get the image data (Like getting the handle of the icon and bitmap objects taht are in the dll file,etc.), and maybe some other commands that could be helpful.

Regards,
1tg46

Click the sig
Spline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2004 06:10
Hi 1tg46
I downloaded the zip files they unzip ok,
but i can run the program i go in the bin dir and try running the prog i get a unhandled exeption with a long list of details,
i have framework 1.1 installed and i tryed you pre-release demo and that worked ok, must be somthing im not doing right, at least you know the zip files should be ok,
it look like a nice tool, if only i could get it to run
any ideas?
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2004 20:14
If you have VS.NET then look at the setup program and look at the registry. Their are 11 registry entries that are needed. If you don't have VS.NET then I will try to make a program that will put the registry their for you. If you don't want to wait then just click continue, and it should show what can be shown without the registry.

Click the sig
Spline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2004 23:24
HI 1tg46 i have not got VS.net, that would be great if you could creat a program so i could try it out,
thank
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2004 07:46 Edited at: 22nd Dec 2004 07:49
Here is a program that will correct the registry, and once the progrm has created the registry you need to put your DBP directory in the first edit box. And please note that this program will make the registry entries immediately when started, in the next few versions for this program will have where you can find the reg files that were created.

The reg entries are stored in the
HKEY\Current User\Software\DarkBasicNetwork or something close to that

This program will be included in debug mode in the future, and I will inform the people who download the application the password and user name for the debug mode, will change before any more releases.

Click the sig

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Dec 2004 22:23
@Spline
Since it seems like you are interested with DarkBASIC Network IDE, would like to be part of the team? Their is no obligation to join, but if you join I will put your name in the credits.

And all team members, I am willing to allow all the team members to put one easter egg in the DarkBASIC Network IDE. The easter egg will be like a cheat for the program, when you press a certain set of keys.

Thanks,
1tg46

Click the sig
Spline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2004 04:12
that would be great 1tg46 i would like that.
i dont know if i would be mutch use as im a 3d modeler, just starting out in programming, but im hoping to get the hang of it all one day

keep up the good work
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2004 06:29
I'll add your name to the credits, and start you as part of the team.

@Now that you are part of the team you can
Quote: "And all team members, I am willing to allow all the team members to put one easter egg in the DarkBASIC Network IDE. The easter egg will be like a cheat for the program, when you press a certain set of keys."

And if you could also tell me what type of stuff you are good at with programming. Then I will tell you where you can start off with the programming.

And with that registry program, I have now made that into a dll and DarkBASIC Network will call it from the debug menu.

And since you are good as a 3D modeler, how good are you at graphics, we need graphics for menus, toolbars, main logo of DBN, and more.

Thanks,
1tg46

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2004 00:07 Edited at: 27th Dec 2004 00:11
Here's an update to DBNRegDebug.

I would also like to hear from the DarkBASIC Network Team, and if they have made any progress with any part of the program yet.

DarkBASIC Network Team as of right now:
1tg46
Thanatos
Cellbloc James
Powersoft
Spline

If you want to be part of the team or don't want to be part of the team, please inform me.

Thanks,
1tg46

Click the sig

Attachments

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2004 03:15
im trying to get sorted at the moment... i say im working of Scripting but im rushed off me feet...

i have been formulating ideas though

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2004 06:52
Great, just post occasionally here so that I can still tell that you are working for the team.

Click the sig
DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2004 03:30 Edited at: 30th Dec 2004 04:02
ok I am confused which files do I download?

I downloaded the 6 files above and got an error also.

Computers are stupid all they do is calculate. Your the one that makes the computer do stuff
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2004 02:46
You should be able to download all 6 files, all of the uploads should be correct. Then with Winzip 8.1 or higher you should run the zip file and extract the files. All the files that you downloaded should be in the same directory, before you run the zip file. If their are still problems I will upload source code for another and possibly last time. But if the files aren't working right then you will have to wait until I get to a faster internet connection. If necessary by mid-January new source code should be up.

@Spline
Your name is in the credits and you are part of the team right now, but if you want your name to stay in the credits and still remain part of the team I need at least some feedback from you. Whether it is any part of graphics or programming.

@Freak Next Door
After all the files are download, You should have a directory named DarkBASIC Network IDE you need to goto [main DBN directory] DarkBASIC Network IDE/DarkBasic Network IDE [will lead to source code]/Bin[will lead to the final output of DBN as of right now]

Click the sig
Spline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2004 03:06
Hi 1tg46 i would be more use with graphics than programming
i will try to create some
Dot Merix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2004 03:19 Edited at: 31st Dec 2004 03:20
I always thought it would be neat if someone made an ide that would allow you and your buddy to connect(through ip address) to start working on a project together(the code), and then on one machine it would compile and run(so that person(the host) would get to watch it) while on the other guys screen it would say something like.. Wait a minute, the host is viewing the compiled version.. And then when the compiled version ended, they could start tweaking it up again.

[Edit - And also the other guys could work on different sections of the code, different subs and stuff, but everyone could see what the other guy was doing, and literally watch the code being typed.]

WindowsXP Home(Service pack 2), Athlon XP 2400+(2.1Ghz), 1GIG Ram, Ati Radeon 9800Pro 128MB.
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2005 00:06
But we're still far away from acomplishing that goal Merix. Right now we are in a bit of a dilema, because since I have Visual Studio.NET 2003 I was trying to use a COM component (codesense) that only has compatibility with VB6 at the moment. I have been trying to convert it to VS.NET2003 but with no luck. And since it is a component that we need (it is a code sense control, which will be the main part of the code editing) and without it I can't progress in that aspect. So if anyone knows another control that is freeware that I could use it would be much appreciative. I would create my own, but I don't know how to and I am working with Visual Basic, and that feature of being able to create controls is only available with C++ or C#.

@Spline
Your name is in the credits right now, but that is temporary until I see something of yours. But once I see one thing for the project your name will stay their. And thanks for working with the graphics for the project, I have been needing a graphics person for this program for a long time. One of the main graphics we need is the logo for DBN, this will be the picture in the credits portion of the program, and I will adjust the graphic slightly and make my sig with that picture too. Hope you are good with graphics.

Good luck,
1tg46

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2005 00:13 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2005 00:22
So no one gets confused, I am releasing a program in the work in progress forum and it is called DarkBASIC Network X beta 1.0. This is not like the IDE in this thread, the two programs are completely different from each other and any questions for each program will need to be in their respective location.

For those of you who don't know, I have been working on a plugin for Dark Basic Professional (I have not forgotton about DBN IDE, but this is just a special program that I will work on when I am not working on DarkBASIC Network IDE. DBN X will give DBP commands that will give DBP more functuality, including Registry, IO, and much more. Please go to the DBN X thread in the Work in Progress section for more details.

Click the sig
Spline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2005 04:47
1tg46 i had a go at creating a logo,i will attach it,
see what you think and let me know,
network x beta looks interestion will it work as part of DBN

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 00:10
Looks really cool, but could you have the name spelled out rather than have the abbreviated "DBN". And could you make two copies of the file. One with just the words "DarkBASIC Network", and one with DarkBASIC Network IDE". Hopefully it is no trouble, if it is a trouble this will do fine. And spline you name will now stay in the credits and right now the graphic you supplied will be in the about box of DBN IDE and DBN X.

Thanks,
1tg46

Click the sig
Spline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 02:59
I have created the 2 logs that you request hope you like them
i think they look better with the full title
let me know what you think

download attached it is zipped

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 04:05
Much better, I shall change the pictures in the about boxes for DBN IDE and DBNX. And I have been thinking it over and anyone who helps me with either DBN IDE or DBNX will get free copies of both if I release either of them under shareware version. DBN IDE will not be shareware, but DBNX may possibly become shareware, it is freeware at the moment.

Thanks,
1tg46

@Spline
Now that the logos are set for DBN, until told otherwise you can work on any type of graphics that you think would be appropriate for DBN. We need menu, toolbar, etc type graphics. And maybe even more variety of logo graphics.

Click the sig
Spline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 06:49
Thats great thank for the offer of free copies of your software
i have been looking at creating a program icon, i used the first
logo i created and changed it a little

please find attached

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2005 05:15
Coooooooooooooooool

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2005 04:33
@Spline

I have released version 1.0.3.0 of DarkBASIC Network X which comes with a bug reports generator, if you would like to see your graphics being used (click the about box). And if you don't mind could you be the graphics person for DarkBASIC Network IDE and DarkBASIC Network X, because at times I may have jobs for either of the programs. Up to you though.

Thanks,
1tg46

Click the sig
Spline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2005 05:22
That look great, yes i have no problem helping you if i can with any graphics you require, Network X looks like it is progressing very well
keep up the good work
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2005 07:58
Great, as I was goingt o upload the application DarkBASIC Network IDE:NO source code, but AOL is having some problems. For this week I will be working on DBN X and when that plugin is stable I will start working on the IDE again(at least by next week I will do some programming of the IDE). and since I cannot use the codesense control I will be using a regular edit control temporarily. It won't allow syntax highlighting or sytax coloring or whatever as of right now, but it will allow me to do more coding with the IDE.

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 22:58
Spline I was thinking of putting your image in my signature, but it wasn't proportionate and looked horrible. Could you make two files that are 480x60 in size(or the size of my signature right now)one for DBNX and DBNIDE spelled out of course.

I am thinking (if it could be done) of having the two pyramids on both sides of the sig, and have the logo or names of the two programs spelled out in between them.

Could you do this please,
1tg46

Click sig for DarkBASIC Network IDE.
Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 23:46
Arragh! So sorry 1tg46! Really and truly I am. I have just been swamped at work.

They will not let me go home (to the states) until I finish their program, so all coding time is currently taken up. The wonderful news is that Monday an accountant is coming to verify my work, and if approved, I leave on Jan 15th.

I really do feel bad, BUT I am excited that you have kept up the work. So many of these things fail, but your an exception to the rule.

I posted my email now, so email me around the 15th of Jan por favor.

Gracias!

-This...is my boomstick!
Spline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 01:18
1tg46 i have attach the two signature hope thay are what you are looking for

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 02:32 Edited at: 9th Jan 2005 02:51
Thanks spline, but with the files could you spell out Dark Basic network, so that people won't have to wonder what exactly DBN stands for.

@ cellbloc
don't worry about not keeping up to date, I have been trying to get your attention here for quite awhile and thankfully it worked. So if their is anything that you want to work on with DBN IDE just go ahead. And I am sorry, but I cannot use email, all communication between me and the forum members needs to be through the forums.
Tell me when you arn't so pressed for time and I will give you some bigger jobs.

@ All DarkBASIC Network team members
Please tell me if you wouldn't mind being added to the Dark Basic Network X team as well. I know Spline is willing too, but I am not sure about everyone else. Because for DBNX we could use beta testers, and documentation fixers. But DarkBASIC Network X is not open source. But I will be glad to give information on the different commands and tell you how they are suppose to work.

Thanks,
1tg46

Cellbloc Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 03:18
Not a problem with the email. I remember your situation.

Are you allowed to visit http://www.cellbloc.com/forum because we can move the personal stuff there.

Let me know.

James

-This...is my boomstick!
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 07:41 Edited at: 9th Jan 2005 07:43
I am not allowed to join any forums but this one. And as far as DarkBASIC Network IDE and DarkBASIC Network X are concerned will your name remain Cellbloc Studios or will it be changed back to Cellbloc James? Because I do not want to keep on switching the information in the credits around.

Any information that I post here can be viewed by anyone who uses the forums and if and when I post updates in code for DBN IDE I will post the information like how I did with the previous update of this program. I need to double check, but I may be able to have a website off of my internet provider (I am not sure how much space is allowed for it, but I will be sure to double check). If I do make a website I will continue to post updates to their. But that may take quite awhile before that is put into place.

@Cellbloc
Since I cannot work on both DarkBASIC Network IDE and DarkBASIC Network X at the same time (I am still working on both of them, but I have to keep on alternating), would you be willing to work with DBN IDE and DBNX?

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 22:09 Edited at: 12th Jan 2005 22:10
@Spline
Quote: "Thanks spline, but with the files could you spell out DarkBASIC Network IDE and DarkBASIC Network X, so that people won't have to wonder what exactly DBN stands for."

Could you do this for me,

Thanks,
1tg46

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2005 06:18 Edited at: 13th Jan 2005 06:28
Screenshot

AOL is still messing up so by next week I should be able to release an update.

The program has just got a face lift due to a freeware control (as long as used for a freeware purpose) called Sandbar. It is a freeware control for Visual Studio .NET, and it is a great plugin except for one thing, that is you can't drag the controls that are created with the plugin in the form designer or the designer crashes.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 15:04:52
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 15:04:52