Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Team Requests / DarkBASIC Network IDE - Team Request

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2005 11:19 Edited at: 21st Feb 2005 01:30
@spline
We need toolbar graphics, if you could, could you make icon files that can be 16x16 and 32x32 32-bit images, I would like them to have a windows XP feel to them.

By the way which programs do you use to make all the graphic files that you supply. If you use Photoshop then I can supply you with documentation on how to make the graphics have an XP feel.

Thanks,
1tg46

Click sig for DB Network X

Attachments

Login to view attachments
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 09:34
I am planning an update within the next week, it is pending when I can get a fast internet connection. I have deleted the previous zip-spanned update.

And spline are you there, I could really use the graphics.

Click sig for DarkBASIC Network IDE.
Teh Go0rfmeister
Years of Service
User Offline
hurry up and make it already

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2005 07:16
It has been on hold, once I get Dark Basic Network X pretty much complete I will start work on this again. I am thinking of restarting the whole project. This would be to make the project smaller, more organized, etc. I will start more work on this within a few months, maybe early.

Sorry for the inconvenience, I still have plans on writing the program/improving the program.

Regards,
1tg46

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2005 01:41
I have started working on the program again. I have recoded the entire program, and I almost to where I was when I last was working on the program. I will post a screenie within a day or two.

@Spline
If you could come back to the project again, I could use some more DarkBASIC Network IDE and DarkBASIC Network X graphics.

@The rest of the DBN team
You can choose one of four options.

1) You can stop being on the team if you wish
2) You can also help with DarkBASIC Network X with documentation and miscellaneous stuff for the DBNX plugin, as well as working with me with DBN IDE.
3) You also have the option of just working with DarkBASIC Network IDE
4) Or you can choose to work with DarkBASIC Network X, and stop working with DarkBASIC Network IDE.

Regards,
1tg46

I will still be working on DarkBASIC Network X, but that will only be for bug fixes. I may add one or two commands each release. So DarkBASIC Network IDE is at my top priority right now.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 04:37
Quote: "I have recoded the entire program, and I almost to where I was when I last was working on the program. I will post a screenie within a day or two."

Yet again.

I have redone the code in C#, so that I can use a more variety of commands. The project will however go slower, as I am just learning the language.

And as said before:
Quote: "
@Spline
If you could come back to the project again, I could use some more DarkBASIC Network IDE and DarkBASIC Network X graphics.

@The rest of the DBN team
You can choose one of four options.

1) You can stop being on the team if you wish
2) You can also help with DarkBASIC Network X with documentation and miscellaneous stuff for the DBNX plugin, as well as working with me with DBN IDE.
3) You also have the option of just working with DarkBASIC Network IDE
4) Or you can choose to work with DarkBASIC Network X, and stop working with DarkBASIC Network IDE.

I will still be working on DarkBASIC Network X, but that will only be for bug fixes. I may add one or two commands each release. So DarkBASIC Network IDE is at my top priority right now.
"

Regards,
1tg46

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 09:28 Edited at: 16th Feb 2005 09:30
Okay, I'll join. I can do keywords and anything else kinda simple. Are you going to do macros like BLUE IDE?

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 22:21
Once I decided to make a C# version, I realized that I was way over my head. So I am back to the recoded Visual BASIC .NET 2003 version.

@Death Stalker
So you would like to be part of the team?

If so I will add your name in the credits and I would like to know what exactly you could do for the project, graphics, coding, etc.

I will upload the solution for DarkBASIC Network IDE 2 probably within a week. I would also like to know if you have VB.NET 2003 or a previous version.

Any Questions Just post

Thanks,
1tg46

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I only have darkBASIC (the money issue also applies) I could do keywords and darkBASIC code, that's about it.

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2005 02:15
Well we can work around that. The keywords for DarkBASIC Network X would be much appreciative. How good are you with graphics?

Regards,
1tg46

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2005 05:03 Edited at: 18th Feb 2005 05:19
This post contains all the source code for the DarkBASIC Network project(not compiled), the compiled version should be up soon. This program will not work as an IDE as of right now. I have only been working on some of the simpler menu item tasks. In this post I have included all the source (not compiled) for the project as of right now. To use the source code correctly you need to have a file on your harddrive for the files to goto. Then you need to download the compiled version(in the next post) of the zip and paste the bin folder, and paste that folder in the same directory as the source code. All the files that are referenced in the source code can be found in the compiledversionzipbin directory. You may need to rereference these files if necessary.

Requirements for compiled version:
Unzipping utility
.NET framework (I know that the redistributable is required, I am not sure about the SDK)
WindowsXP Home (I am not sure what versions of windows this program will work on, but I am only supporting WinXP Home as of right now)

Requirements for source code version:
Unzipping Utility
Microsoft Visual Basic .NET 2003 (I have the professional...academic version of this program, but it should work with standard)
.NET framework SDK
WindowsXP Home

Regards,
1tg46

So this is how your directory should look:
hardrive>DarkBASIC Network IDE 2>(the source code)+(bin folder)

in bin folder their should be the folders "Accounts","Library","Media","Programs",and the "Tools" directory.

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2005 05:11 Edited at: 18th Feb 2005 05:24
Here is the compiled version with all the dll's necessary for the source code. You will however need to copy the dbp_config.dll file from your Dark Basic Professional/Editor directory and put it in the executable directory.

Get the help file which goes in the bin/tools directory from http://gamedev.bruceatkinson.com/gamedev.html. Then call the chm file as dbp.chm.

Attachments

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2005 08:58 Edited at: 18th Feb 2005 08:59
Graphics, i'm not so sure...........I can try some stuff, but if you mean like drop-down menus, then I'm not the man. I guess I could do toolbars (maybe) Oh, that documentation would be nice!

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 04:21
Well whatever you think you could do. You are still doing the keywords for DBNX right?

Regards,
1tg46

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
They are like 99.9bar8% done! For some of them, you might like to change the words, I couldn't come up with single words to fit into what should be put (and math2, some of the stuff I didn't understand, so I just put what I thought it said)

www.war3forums.net
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 11:39 Edited at: 19th Feb 2005 12:45
Um....is sysinfo3 combinied with sysinfo2? I just need to tidy them all up and it's done.

Edit: I FINISHED!!!!!!!! now you just need to move these into the keywords folder in the editor.

www.war3forums.net

Attachments

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I've got an error when running the application. What am i supposed to do? (sorry for the posts)

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2005 22:29 Edited at: 19th Feb 2005 22:31
Great Keywords

The keywords will be included in the next DBNX update, and your name will also be in the DBNX credits for this keyword file.

About your error, it looks like an error when you do not have the .NET framework installed. If you do have .NET framework 1.1, do you have the SDK or the redistributable. It seems like you cannot continue with the program with that error.

If you get an error like this.

Then you just copy that window and paste it into the forums and I'll debug it, make sure you copy it while the details part is expanded.With this error you can just click continue to continue the application.

Regards,
1tg46

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 02:26
I have posted an DBNX update with no new commands or fixes, but includes the keywords file, and your name in the credits.

News with DBNIDE:
I have now implemented a debug system. This will allow developers to debug their programs better. Attached is the new source code (uncompiled for the project.

@Deathstalker
Any more concerns/talk about DBNX please post in that thread. This thread I am trying to keep just DBNIDE.

Thanks,
1tg46

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 08:01 Edited at: 20th Feb 2005 08:12
Update Team version 1.1

Source Code will be attached to this post and the compiled version in the next post. All uploaded.

The bin upload will have to overwrite the files of the previous bin upload, and the source code attached to this post will need to have all the dll references of the previous bin folder as well.

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 08:04
Bin

Attachments

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
um......where do i get the .net framework and all the stuff I need?

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 01:12
the .NET framework can be found in the downloads section of Microsoft. Or if you are running XP SP2 the .NET framework Redistributable is all ready on.

And for those of you who think my instructions for how your folders should be laid out, their is a big screenshot of how the folders should look like.

Attachments

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
well, i have sp2, so now what do i do? it still wont run giving the same error.

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 22:53
Does your DarkBASIC Network Bin folder contain all the dll's that are in the picture above your post?

Well try this, I am uploadin the source code for DarkBASIC Network IDE and a new program that has been started for DBNIDE called DBNReg.exe. This file will allow you to edit registry settings for DBNIDE.

Attached to this post is the source code for DBNIDE.

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 22:57
Attached to this post is all the dll's that will go with the bin folder, which is next to be uploaded. All the dll's in this zip will also be used for all the references for DBNIDE as well.

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 23:00
Attached to this post is the compiled bin version of DBNIDE and it also includes the bin folder of DBNReg.exe, DBNReg.exe can be found in the dools folder.

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 23:02
attached to this post is the source code for DBNReg.exe program.

All parts of source and program are now uploaded. Any problems with them please post.

Thanks,
1tg46

Attachments

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 03:28 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2005 03:45
If you upload a treeviewthing that shows what goes where, I'll try to make an installer for you.

[edit] that's one tight interface! [/edit]

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 04:01
Quote: "that's one tight interface!"

So the IDE is working for you? And with the latest update you can change all the colors of the toolbar through the registry.

Quote: "I'll try to make an installer for you.
"

My VS.NET 2003 program will be able to make a professional looking installer with all registry settings and everything, so that is something that I could do.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Have you inserted a "print" command in the plugins? it would be VERY useful.

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 06:55 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2005 06:58
trust me, i have been looking into that. I am even thinking of writing the plugin in C++, which may change how many problems their are in the current plugin. But that will take quite awhile since I do not know much C++.

Regards,
1tg46

@DeathStalker
Did you get the DBNIDE to work? And any talk relating to DarkBASIC Network X I am willing to talk about in the DarkBASIC Network X official thread. This thread I am trying to have for just DarkBASIC Network IDE.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
sorry, i thought the other thread was dead. Um.......any graphic jobs i can't attempt?

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2005 06:04
I will no longer be posting frequent updates to this program. I am still working on this program, but do to problems finding a good 'code editing' control I am just working on odds and ends. When the final version is released, or any other version is released, the source code will still be included.

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2005 22:42
"code editing" control. What does it need to do?

Powersoft Scripting Language under redevelopment!
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2005 00:24
This control will just be the main component of the editor. The control should have syntax highlighting, numbered left or right side, possibly function folding, and other stuff. If you take a look at codemax, scintilla, codesense, and other code editing controls you will get the basic idea of what I want. But since most of the controls will not work correctly with VB.NET properly then I need to look for alternatives. I am trying to find one that is a .NET dll. If anyone could find a free-cheap version of a control like this that does work with VB.NET then I can start uploading more examples of the program and source code.

Right now the complete project is up to 7700 lines of code.

PowerSoft
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2005 00:49
ill have a look. . . . not promising anything though

Powersoft Scripting Language under redevelopment!
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2005 03:22
I've been searching for the past week and I have not found anything that I would be able to use.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 20:51
@Death Stalker
From that website
Quote: "Purchases Include

Complete class library documentation
Sample project(s)
No run-time licensing fees
Free maintenance updates for the version you purchase
Free major upgrades for 30 days after purchase
E-mail and Developer Center support
Subscription to product upgrades and betas for one year (if option chosen) "

I have found a code control that I can use and it is written in Visual Basic. The control is called mfk_codebox, it is a good control with source code included. I will now be starting on the main aspect of the DarkBASIC Network IDE program. If things go well I should be able to have an update ready by this weekend.

Thanks,
1tg46

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2005 01:10
News:

I am working on the program any time that I can. I haven't been doing much with the program because of homework (I just turned in a major essay on Romeo and Juliet that I have been stressing over). What I have been doing has been very productive, even though it is a minor accomplishment. I have added functions to add code tabs to the maintabcontrol, and it has been successful and I have been able to open .dba files. I am working on opening of .dbpro files.

An update should be ready by this weekend. And we are reaching over 10,000 lines of code for the entire project including the source for the syntax control, which I have been modifying so that it is embedded with the program. An unmodified version of the control I am willing to post at request.

Regards,
1tg46

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2005 23:16
This is the source code for this update, I will explain more once all updated.

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2005 23:23
Compiled - dlls

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2005 23:26
compiled - without dlls

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2005 23:34
Team version release 4

All updates are up and running.

This update is 11025 lines of code and has been very successful. I have added another debug type, so for DebugModes in the registry you can have either Basic,Advance,or Debug. If you have one of these set and Debug for true then you can see the debug system. This can easily be done with DBNRegDebug.exe program. The code editing control I have modified slightly so that the control has a direct tie with the main program. So all registry settings for DBNIDE are also required to use the code control. (I do have the original code for the control for those who want it.

This program requires you to have registry settings which will automatically be added at program startup. You can edit the contents of the registry through the DBNRegDebug.exe program. The source code is pretty self-explanatory. All references can be found in the compiled-dlls zip folder. and to use the compiled version of the program you need to have all the dlls in the same directory as the executable. This separation of zips is required so that I can upload the files successfully.

Regards,
1tg46

Source Code
Compiled-Dlls
Compiled

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2005 02:13
The recent udate is all the code that I have at the moment. I am taking a break from the writing of this program. I am starting to work on a quiz making program to help me with my studies. I have not forgotten about this project.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, I was wondering if you could just send me the package with the exe, dlls, help file, and anything else I need to run, because the basic IDE is failing me and this sounds like it will do better than Blue. I was wondering, could you make a dll that let people compile code into a dll? It would be very useful seeing as how I can only program DBPro.

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2005 02:46
Quote: "Okay, I was wondering if you could just send me the package with the exe, dlls, help file, and anything else I need to run, because the basic IDE is failing me and this sounds like it will do better than Blue. "

Eventually it may be better the BlueIDE, but at the moment it will not function properly as an IDE, their is still very much more stuff that needs to be done. I may get to working on this program again but it will be quite a long while, as I am working on some other programs as of right now.

To get the program to work correctly:
1)Have .NET framework installed
2)Download "Compiled" and "Compiled-Dlls", and put both of the files into the same directory. then it should work.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I know, I just don't want to do all of the work. You should just release a version that already has the installer working. Also, please give it the ability to fold variable groups, and everything else. My editor is currently messed. I can't even fold functions. And about the dll's, you don't really have to include it, cuz I found an alternative. But you could make a version (or plugin) that sold for money. People would buy it most likely if you could write dll's in dbpro language (unless that's against the lisence)

Regards,

Nitrixik Studios

www.war3forums.net

A.K.A Death Stalker
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2005 02:39
Quote: "I know, I just don't want to do all of the work. You should just release a version that already has the installer working. "

Well considering that I have better stuff to do on a dial-up web service, and you are too lazy to do it your self then I guess that you are S.O.L. If you are not willing to do what I suggested than I can't help you.

Quote: "Also, please give it the ability to fold variable groups, and everything else. "

It is in the plans, but I am still quite a ways to from accomplishing this.

Quote: "My editor is currently messed. I can't even fold functions. "

Well I am having the same problems.

Quote: "And about the dll's, you don't really have to include it, cuz I found an alternative. But you could make a version (or plugin) that sold for money. People would buy it most likely if you could write dll's in dbpro language (unless that's against the lisence)
"

Considering that all the dll's for the program I did not create, then the creator could sue me for taking their work.

Unless you are talking about a library of commands for DBP, then their is already that. Called DarkBASIC Network X, 200+ commands for you use.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 13:44:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 13:44:40