Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / DarkBASIC Network X beta version 1.0- Plugin for Dark Basic Professional

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 03:58
Allright , you get my testing too , and if that's worthed it , maybe i'll buy the final version mate , you help the community after all

A pixel is nothing , lots of can be all
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 04:28
This plugin will be free. I would be glad to get all the help that I can get.

Next update will have 177 commands.

Click sig for DarkBASIC Network IDE.
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2005 06:25 Edited at: 28th Jan 2005 06:31
Update 1.0.4.1

Many new commands in this update, the commands are primarily commands to get sizes of windows components. Please read the readme file that I have included with this update. It explains how to use the commands.csv file (this file will pretty much be the changelog for all the updates from now on).

Now up to 177 commands, and I have been trying to fix many of the commands. You can tell which commands I have tried to fix by looking in the commands.csv file. When opened with excel the column labeled 'Fixed?' will tell you if the code has been altered in some way it will not guarentee that the command will work without problems.

Regards,
1tg46

Click sig for DarkBASIC Network IDE.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2005 22:34 Edited at: 29th Jan 2005 22:53
if anyone has any questions on this plugin, I will be off and on the IRC chat for the next day or two.

Click sig for DB Network X
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2005 04:16
I am starting work on the next release pretty soon, I am taking bug reports and feature requests for the next week. So if you have any questions please post. I will be primarily trying to fix bugs, but I will gladly see about feature requests.

Regards,
1tg46

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2005 06:57
I am getting update 1.0.4.3 ready and I am sorry to say that all the commands that used API commands I will have to remove. The following commands will be discontinued:
X_blockinput
X_beep
X_downloadfile
X_getsyscolor
x_setsyscolor
X_setcomputername
X_isinternetconnection
X_swapmousebuttons

These commands will still remain in the string table to remind me to keep searching for ways to do the commands, but if try to use these commands nothing will happen.

A command I did use API for is X_ctrlaltdeleteenabled() will now be replaced with X_taskmangerenabled().

I have added many math commands, and have fixed many commands.

I am still taking feature requests and bug reports.

Thanks,
1tg46

The update should be up by this weekend.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2005 20:13
I am getting the documentation for the next release done, it should be up by this weekend. Their will be 200 commands in this release.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2005 09:40 Edited at: 5th Feb 2005 09:47
Update 1.0.5

I am sad to say but as said before a few commands have been removed, however, they are still in the string table so you can technically use them, but nothing will be returned:
X_blockinput
X_beep
X_downloadfile
X_getsyscolor
x_setsyscolor
X_setcomputername
X_isinternetconnection
X_swapmousebuttons
:This was due to some complications with API commands, I did find another way to do X_ctrlaltdeleteenabled() command so that has been saved. And the name has not changed to what said before.

Many commands have been added:
X_minnum group
X_maxnum group
X_Roundup
X_RoundDown
X_exponential
X_log group
X_log10
X_IEEERemainder
X_Pow
X_Tan
X_Tanh
X_fix group
X_hex
X_oct
X_strreverse
X_Ipaddress
X_getdrivecount
X_mideastenabled
X_virtualscreen

I have also tried fixing these commands:
X_CTRLALTDELETEENABLED%L%X_ctrlaltdeleteenabled%"
X_FONTDIALOG[%SLLLL%X_fontdialog%"
X_GETDIRARRAY%S%X_getdirarray%"
X_GETFILARRAY%S%X_getfilarray%"
X_GETLOGICALDRIVES%0%X_Getlogicaldrives%"

I have also removed the Bug Report Generator, and the VBExample program as I thought that I was the only using them. By request I will add them in the next release if necessary. But just because I have removed those programs does not mean that I am not accepting bug reports and feature requests, I will still accept them.

I have also removed the DBNXgui.dll from this update because the command X_removeX() was messing up the string table when compiled, and if you are having problems with plugins then make sure that DBNXgui.dll is deleted from the plugin-user directory, that may fix the problem.

Hope you enjoy the update and as always I am still wanting feedback for the plugin ,
1tg46

Right now looking into printing commands, may be possible with what I am learning or not. So I may or may not add printing commands.

Attachments

DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2005 05:14
do I just use the very last download here? I got refered here from a topic I made in the dll section about help with cattle rustler and exeats plugin called DBP_NETLIB

Computers are stupid all they do is calculate. Your the one that makes the computer do stuff
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2005 05:20 Edited at: 6th Feb 2005 05:23
yep, just download the latest update and read the readme.txt file. All the dll's in the main part of the zip file need to be put into the plugin-user folder.

DarkBasic Pro Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2005 05:23
ok I guess I will figure this out somehow or another

Computers are stupid all they do is calculate. Your the one that makes the computer do stuff
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2005 05:31

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm just looking over the word document that came with it. Isn't a millisecond based on thousandths? and can the commands that display the day work for leapyears?

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2005 07:38
A millisecond is 1/60th of a second, yes the date commands will work for leap years. Their are also the commands X_isleapyear, X_isleapday, and X_isleapmonth.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
a millisecond is 1/1000th of a second, and that is what it shows also (when I tested it) I will upload a txt document of what works and what doesn't later today

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2005 07:51
Quote: "I will upload a txt document of what works and what doesn't later today"

Would be very useful.

Thanks,
1tg46

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2005 09:14 Edited at: 7th Feb 2005 09:17
Okay, Don't know if I did this all the right way, but this is what I got (I made an input program that tested these commands) I'll do more when I get more time. Oh, how do the examples work?

www.war3forums.net

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 04:19
It doesn't seem like you are using the date/commands correctly, I'll double check though. The examples in the DBP project directory, is what I use to tell whether a command will work. The commands that have an
in front of them are commands that aren't working properly. All the other commands do return some type of data when they are called, whether it is the correct data or not. But I will look into the commands that you have problems with and I will give you examples if they were not used correctly.

By the way, the DBP project directory I do not update every update, I use it to test commands that aren't working properly etc.

Thanks again,
1tg46

Gen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2005 08:22
Quote: "A millisecond is 1/60th of a second"

A millisecond is 1/1000 of a second.

Soon to come...
Dark IDE, New IDE for DarkBASIC Pro!
Two plug-ins, A Time/Date and New File commands.
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 02:09
my bad

I have been working on the plugin a lot. I have been trying my hardest to get the handle of the DBP window and add functions to manipulate the window, but with no luck. I have done some fixing, and have done some adding. A release should be released by this weekend.

@Death Stalker
I have looked over your bug report and it seems like the conversion commands aren't working, and the only date/time command that didn't work was the shortdate command. I have fixed that command for the next release, and when I am out of school for the day I shall post some code for the date time commands that is more up to date.

Thanks,
1tg46

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 05:20
Here is an update date/time example

And if anyone else has examples I would be willing to ship your examples with the plugin for each release.

Thanks,
1tg46

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 08:34 Edited at: 9th Feb 2005 09:41
What I did was I used your integer to string conversion and then printed that. All that it showed was a mess of numbers that I couldn't make any sense of.

Edit: Make a "Set Week Start" command so that people can personalize what day of the week starts for them. the test shows 2 (tuesday, today, but for me it's the third day of the week)

Edit2: First off, the tests you give out aren't exact (sorry if you already said that) and have extra parameters. The input command has a 0,0 at the end. Is that location? if it is, it would be useful. Also, for font dialouge, you say that you can choose something about displaying color if you put a 1. I've done that and I see no difference. Anyways, I like those commands! And does the removeX command also get rid of the other two buttons?

Edit3: I'll make a keywords folder for you (it highlights the commands)

www.war3forums.net
Maleck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 14:13
This is really looking good. Work has been keeping me too busy to work on my apps much, but I should be getting some time soon to get back to it, and I plan on running at least some of this plug-in through some testing.

Good work so far.
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2005 22:09
Thanks for the comments.
Quote: "Make a "Set Week Start" command so that people can personalize what day of the week starts for them. "

I can add more date/time commands so that you can specify the year and month of some commands.

Quote: " the test shows 2 (tuesday, today, but for me it's the third day of the week)"

I don't quite get what you are saying

Quote: "First off, the tests you give out aren't exact (sorry if you already said that) and have extra parameters. "

If you are talking about the DBP project folder in the zip file. Then I would say that the parameters have changed, because with some commands I have edited their parameters without changing that specific project commands, however, I always update the help file and that is what should be used.

Quote: "Also, for font dialouge, you say that you can choose something about displaying color if you put a 1. "

Look into the documentation, their you will see the exact parameters of how it should be used. The color choice option and the effects choice option will add features to the font dialog for more user choice.

Quote: "And does the removeX command also get rid of the other two buttons"

This command has been removed from the latest release, I have litterally been spending hours a day trying to get control over the DBP window handle, but with no luck. This command will not work at the present moment, but I am trying to work that out.

Quote: "This is really looking good."

thanks

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I don't quite get what you are saying
"

Pretty much today for me I would prefer for the command to return a "4" because for me this is the fourth day of the week, but it would only return a "3"

And should I make keywords for you?

And I could probably make a few fun tests that show how the commands work this weekend.

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2005 02:47 Edited at: 10th Feb 2005 04:31
Quote: "And should I make keywords for you?

And I could probably make a few fun tests that show how the commands work this weekend.
"

Certainly, and I would also put your name in the credits, for either the keywords file or the sample tests .And if you do make the keywords file would you mind uploading the file and for the next release I just add the commands that aren't in their. If you do make the keywords file and the sample program, I would like to package them with the executable.

Quote: "Pretty much today for me I would prefer for the command to return a "4" because for me this is the fourth day of the week, but it would only return a "3""

The commands that I am using for the date/time commands are in the .NET framework, and according to the commands documentation:
"Gets a System.DateTime that is the current local date and time on this computer." So your computer date or time may be wrong.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2005 07:24
@Death Stalker
I have update 1.0.6 ready to be uploaded, right now I am just waiting for your reply whether you will make the keywords file or not. If so I shall wait to release plugin so that the keywords file can be included with this release. If you don't want to make it, then I will just post the update. The update will be up by this weekend no matter if the keywords are their or not.
Their is also the option of preparing the keywords file for the next update after 1.0.6.

I will leave the decision up to you.

Regards,
1tg46

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2005 08:29 Edited at: 10th Feb 2005 08:40
I could probably start making it today. But I need to know what the correct parameters are and the correct commands are.

For the font dialog, the commands are mixed up. The first parameter should be a 1 or 0 displaying the "color portion of the box" and the next one should be a 1 or 0 displaying the special effects portion. instead, the first parameter displays the spec. effects and the second does nothing but is still required.

Quote: "This will run a standard windows font dialog box, to use this command you need to specify whether the user can see the color portion, and effects portion(bold, italic, underline choices) of the dialogbox by using 0 for false and 1 for true respectively."

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2005 06:53
Here is the documentation for the next upgrade. About the font dialog command, I will change it for the update after 1.0.6.

Please note that this is only the documentation for the next update and not anything else. I will wait until saturday before I will release the next update even if the keywords file isn't their.

Attachments

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, got it. I'm starting to work.

www.war3forums.net
fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
I have 4 dll's done. They are coming out in one documetn per dll.

My program always freezes when I use the "error" message
the input text in the middle doesn't show (the text that explains everything", and the thing that tells you what is going on) along with the stuff in the middle. The parameters in the dll are messed. (I'm saying this because I'm trying to make a program using these and the advanced terrain)

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 07:26 Edited at: 12th Feb 2005 07:29
Quote: "My program always freezes when I use the "error" message
the input text in the middle doesn't show (the text that explains everything", and the thing that tells you what is going on) along with the stuff in the middle. The parameters in the dll are messed. (I'm saying this because I'm trying to make a program using these and the advanced terrain)"

So you are having problems with the advmessage command when you use the error icon? The input command is still not working, and I do know that. Am I understanding these problems correctly?

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
advmessage: Well, I put a "0" for the type of place it should be, but that still appears on the desktop, which then freezes my program. I would like it to just display an in-game warning, and have the choice to either press "abort" to quit the program or "retry" to go back to what the previous thing was (this can all be done in nested DO loops)

I just had the perfect idea of a program today, but I forgot it.

I'm making a little editor using these commands, and I don't mind if it is included in the main package (if it's any good) It changes a matrix into a heightmap.

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 07:58
I'll be in the IRC chat in just a minute, if you want to talk about DarkBASIC Network I'll be in their for awhile.

@Deathstalker
I'll look into the problem with advmessage.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Here, is this correct usage? (for what I wanted above)

And please try to fix the input (I'm using it in my program)

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 08:18 Edited at: 12th Feb 2005 08:25
So the code is what you wanted?
Here is that same code, but with some stuff taken out. Where you have str$(Min_impos as integer) since you have min_impos already declared in the function parameter you don't need to set its data type again. Also try to put the all of the title in parenthesis.

This code seems to work for me, and if this is not what you wanted then I am still not understanding what you want. And I will try to fix the inputbox, but it won't be for the next release. If you any more problems I will be in the IRC.

By the way, how is the keywords coming? If you are still behind I will just post the update now. And the keywords can be for the release afterwards.

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 08:37 Edited at: 12th Feb 2005 09:02
They're coming along. I'm working on my program now, but I'll do maybe 5 more files soon.

Oh, Ya. Make a command that lets you make a dot of the specified radius (or diameter). It would be really useful. And a command that lets you color the 99 shades of grayscaled in rgb color mode. (or should I just make a different photoshop pic for each shade and use those for the heightmap?)

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 08:48
Well if you don't mind then, could you keywords file go with the next update? You can still post it when you want but the keywords file will be included with the next update after you release the keywords file.

And with your program, I am willing to send it with each update but the source code needs to be included.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 08:58 Edited at: 12th Feb 2005 09:05
Upgrade 1.0.6

New commands:
X-hasshutdownstarted
X_getclipboardtostring
X_setclipboard
X_getdayofweekstring
X_getXdayofweek
X_getXdayofyear
X_getXshortdate
X_getXlongdate
X_getXlongtime
X_getXshorttime
X_folderbrowser
X_sqrt
X_sin
X_sinh
X_getcommandline

Fixed commands*:
X_GETSHORTDATE[%S0%X_Getshortdate%"

No keywords for this update, but deathstalker is readily working on them. Deathstalker is also making a program that will show the full capability of the DBNX plugin. I will start more work on fixing some commands later on this weekend/week.

Hope you enjoy,
1tg46

Attachments

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 09:44 Edited at: 12th Feb 2005 09:47
Well, I don't know about inserting the code, plus it uses not many commands. Let's see, it uses the message, the input,......you could release it in the final version (if that's ok with you and if there is one) but I'm not so sure about giving away the whole code. I will, though, make other programs that you can release.

And are those commands possible? (They'd be perfect for what I need at the moment)

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2005 10:00 Edited at: 12th Feb 2005 10:02
Quote: "but I'm not so sure about giving away the whole code. I will, though, make other programs that you can release.
"

OK, I will still include the program when you want. But please don't forget about the keywords file.

Quote: "And are those commands possible? (They'd be perfect for what I need at the moment)"

if you are talking about
Quote: "Oh, Ya. Make a command that lets you make a dot of the specified radius (or diameter). It would be really useful. And a command that lets you color the 99 shades of grayscaled in rgb color mode. (or should I just make a different photoshop pic for each shade and use those for the heightmap?)"

Than I would not be the one to make those commands. You would have to use a different third party dll. I only work with miscellaneous commands with the .NET framework, and at the moment I am not working with GUI or GDI or drawing commands, but maybe in the far fututre.

Regards,
1tg46

fasdfsdaf
Years of Service
User Offline
So, what's the news?

www.war3forums.net
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2005 04:35
Well I am going to keep on working on this plugin for DBP, but since this plugin is getting to a pretty good stage, my primary focus will now be on my DarkBASIC Network IDE. I will still make fixes to this plugin and will have constant updates fixing some commands (if I can get them fixed). If I do add any commands to DBNX right now, they will be small in number.

If you would like to join the DarkBASIC Network team for either DarkBASIC Network IDE or DarkBASIC Network X, please post a request to be on team in the DarkBASIC Network IDE official thread

Right now for both programs I need graphics, and for DBNX I need testers for the plugin, and graphics. For DarkBASIC Network IDE, I need C# coders, and graphics.

Please keep in mind that DBNIDE is open-source, DBNX is not open-source.

Thanks,
1tg46

So their is the news Death Stalker, any questions just post.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 02:18
Update 1.0.6.1

No new or fixed commands, although I am working on console commands. This is an update of the last update but with keywords files. Just paste the keywords files into your dbpeditor\keywords directory.

Attachments

Maleck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2005 14:38
DId you ever get that version posted somewhere?

Thanks.
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2005 01:13
???

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2005 04:03
I going to start looking into getting a C++ version of this library underway. This might be able to fix many of the problems that this plugin has been having.

dj chainz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 01:29
I'm already trying some of the commands in C++!! I am getting Opendialog, Messagebox, Savedialog and Inputbox all done myself!

I am the lead programmer at red spark studios
I also have a blog on how to make a game enginehttp://dbgame.blogspot.com
http://www.brazilianhotties.tk
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2005 06:04
could you maybe post examples of it, and is it c++.NET or previous version. And what are you going to do with the string commands.

dj chainz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2005 05:29
Im using dev-cpp, cos I'm cheapskate. I am a c++ n00b, but I have made a messagebox function already and have the code for other windows functions. Read the plugin guide on dbpro, under technical documents for information on strings.

I am the lead programmer at red spark studios
I also have a blog on how to make a game enginehttp://dbgame.blogspot.com
http://www.brazilianhotties.tk

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:42:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:42:20