Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / [LOCKED] Orion's Rose - Princess Rose

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 18:25
today i decided... i'm sick to the back teeth of programming - infact if i never see another line of code it'll be too soon. And i wasn't much impressed with the 30people who contacted me with "i know your busy, but..." grr, and they were all problems that could be solved by looking in the sodding manual too..

so i've started to colour Princess Rose

i do have alot to do still ... colouring the skirt - then i've gotta draw out the necklass and other frilly jewlery and add it on but i'm getting there.
and for saying this is the first time i've worked in Photoshop for more than 5mintues - i think i'm actually getting used to the interface now

the AirBrush in Photo is FAR better technically than the paintshop equvilant, and is easier to edit the details of - but i still get annoyed at the face that i can't leftclick for foreground colour and rightclick for background colour in it.
Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 18:37
Oooh, I like it - very anime
The hair and jewelry seem to contrast somewhat to the rest of the picture however, most of the picture has a clear black outline but they seem to be lighter.

Whatever I did I didn't do it!
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 19:05
yeah... i'll probably change that in flash and just use the new background picture - but for the skin only really - because the rest works well with the black line, but the skin is too light for them

another update

just done the skirt here is all... ya know i'm actually kinda tired and i might crash in a min - i'm really not sure why i'm doing this cause i gonna be making her in CGR 3D tomorrow lol - well i'm having fun thats all that matter i guess

One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 19:34
oki a real small update

just to make it look consistant
i'll be adding the lines back in - but as a blended layer after i've done the jewelary

that way i can then outline every major thing an export... then export the Alpha map (^_^)

Rob K
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Mar 2003 23:37
Generally pretty nice

The main body is OK, but the arms look a bit funny - I think that they need to be slightly thicker and very slightly longer.

As has already been mentioned - the hair / jewellery does not quite fit in with the cartoony look of the rest of the image.

Current Project: Retro Compo. Entry.
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2003 23:48
quote:
but i still get annoyed at the face that i can't leftclick for foreground colour and rightclick for background colour in it.

Switching between foreground and background colours within photoshop is easier than in PSP.

BTW >> most of your highlights and shadows are in the wrong places..... looks like you still have a lot to learn about light sources.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 00:33
raven im getting pretty tired of deleting your posts.

Pretty soon im gonna get angry and talk to rich about how you are to be banned and for how long.

btw if u know photoshop like your supoosed to then didnt u realise the colour pallette can be setup to manage your preset colours?

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 00:42
its not my job to know photoshop... i'm not a skinner, ever have been - and i can't stand the product.
i'm learning it simply because i can't put off learning it any longer, unfortunatly it is too powerful to keep putting it to the side.
i've use photo for a total of 3hours which includes this picture being edited withi the past 2years of getting it truely can't stand it.

and i'll try to kee the cussing down, but also make sure that simple knows that comments like he is leaving about are also not right - he is suppose to be keeping out of my posts ... and i'd prefer it if he's keep his comments to himself as they are NOT welcome.
and he damn'd well knows it

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 00:53
Simple hasnt been banned from here and has all rights like you share to respond and reply to posts.

He offered you advice and u swear and insult him.

You should really apologise for your vulgar remarks.

I doubt you will tho as you are a child when it comes to getting frustrated and working with others in a harmonic way.

Any professional wouldnt be caught up in this in the first place.

Dont be deluded about your talents, your modelling skills are your best asset if indeed there your models

Dont try to be an expert on mig 26's as well as nuclear fusion. People shoot you down all the time, yet you fail to see the mistakes you make.

your the one on thin ice raven.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 02:19
not really... explain exactly how he has offered any advice here?

he has said that the lighting is all wrong - which is obvious even to an amature, but he's not explained howto correct it. you know damn'd well whenever he posts in my posts he is just out to wind me up - explain to me why exactly i should apologise to him?

he should have learnt damn'd well to keep his nose outta my affairs, the fact he posted in here just puts to the point... i don't care what his right are and such each time he come near my threads he is only there for one purpose - and i'm sick of it, so he STAYS OUT OF THEM
no matter the circumstances.

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 03:06
You have shadows on top. imagine for example that you are holding a spot light above your picture at the TOP RIGHT........ now underneath the arms would be in shadow. And under the boobs there would be shadow, but you have some light on top of that shadow.

The lines on the skirt ( being a cartoon ) are shadow lines... thats what they are for. BUT you have a light source on top of some of them, when there should be shadow.

There ya go... I explained a little better for you.

Oh, and there a little arrow next to your foreground and background palette on the left of PS screen... that will switch them around. ( or you could just press ( X ))

Photoshop is for proffesionals.... maybe you should stick to Paintshop if Photoshop is too much for you to handle.

Spec - AMD Athlon 1000mhz - 256mb DDR - Gforce2mx 400 TV out - 60gb HD - 19" Compaq - DVD rom
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 03:14
Sorry Raven, you cant ask for someone to be ejected from your posts because u dont like them.

This place is free for all to come and go as long as they follow the rules and are respectfull in replies without the use of swear words.

If this company DBS wanted to take u to court for defamation and digital vandalism they wouldnt have much of a problem finding people to write documents to this effect on multiple occasions.

Not to mention any minors and the parents watching
You may use these forums as long as you follow the rules

Im not about to be dragged down into your brooding mood and its not tolerated here in any shape or form.

You are not a respected member here by older users of this software, Numerous times Ive had to interject on other peoples behalf because of you.

This has also happened once before on another forum which u earned a permanent dismissal.

Looking to imporve yout track record.?

I wont give u any more chances, you have had enough and Im quite frankly sick to death of your posts that insult people because your having a bad day.

grow up / leave or stick around with the same attitude and find your self alienated once more from another group of coders and creators.

Being an helper here means I have to deal with your immaturity but it doesnt mean I have to tolerate it.

Go away for a while and deal with your problems offline and dont use the forum to vent.

push me raven and ill bury you.

Zakira
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 03:25
Alot of hate in here.
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 03:28
quote:
Sorry Raven, you cant ask for someone to be ejected from your posts because u dont like them

LOL !! anyways.... thats my advice in this post.

Zakira
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 03:29
Well Simple may not be the smartest guy in the world,but good show raven,i like your stuff.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 03:39
Zakira this happens a lot with raven's posts and isnt the first time

He claims to be a professional and wants us all to believe he is in the industry yet cant back himself up.

Im quite frankly fed up and Im going to write a long winded letter to Rich if he hasnt already noted the messages that Ive deleted but still visible to Rich and myself for verification.

Zakira
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 03:57
Oh yeah and indi,did you delete my post in the dbpro section?Because it has seemed to have vanished.
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 04:14
it was moved to the correct forum.

check team requests

Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 06:55
Photoshop is for proffesionals.... maybe you should stick to Paintshop if Photoshop is too much for you to handle.
I have to say something there. I use Photoshop for my artwork I consider myself an amiture(spelling bad, I know). That comment sounded like an insult to me. I'm not taking Raven's side on this (partly becuase I have no as to the comment that got Indi involved), but from all the post I've read that had Raven and Simple fighting, Simple seams to remind me of a little sibling hiding and grining behind the parent chewing out the other sibling. Personally I think a restrainig order is needed between these two.

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 11:52 Edited at: 18th Mar 2003 00:49
@Zakira .... no I'm not the smartest guy in the world, but I know whats wrong with the colouring of his tracing. And my personal opinion is that this is very amateur work for someone who claims he's a pro artist.

@Arrow .... you can take my remark how you like, but I am correct when I say thet Photoshop is for proffesionals.Just because you use it and you class yourself as an amateur, doesn't mean it's not for pro use.

I know that a lot of amateur people use pireted version of photoshop, but at the end of the day... they can only use a fraction of it's functions because they don't understand what most of the other functions do.

As for hiding and grinning..... grinning maybe !! but i'm hardly hiding am I ?

Above is my crit of veggies artwork. If he didn't want any criticism, then he shouldn't have put the picture up. And if he don't like the criticism.... then he should state something like >>>

( here's my latest artwork, but don't critisize it cos that would make me look bad and I don't like criticism )

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 14:36
See this is what truely piss's me off here...
When exactly have i said that i am a professional 2D artist??
that aside Photoshop is a professional tool, which is WHY I AM TRYING TO LEARN IT HERE!
i have less experience hours in photoshop than no doubt a 'professional' like yourself has PER blasted day.
as for the 'x' would that not be a SHORTCUT KEY?? ... i currently use that stupid arrow icon to swap the colours, but why on earth should i have to? So many programs now i have to learn 6million freaking shortcuts, and remember them ... and i'm sorry but i don't have a stupid idetic memory like most of you appear to have, or maybe its the fact that i use 12 programs all with hundreds of shortcuts on a daily basis (even more i have to try and blasted well remember just for occasional use which is even worse!) and trying to remember that many shortcuts for that many programs at once is hard enough for anyone. Add this with trying to get things done as fast as possible not having time to sit there for half an hour to remember what the shortcut to change a stupid colour to the next one on my preset list... ya'll think its so simple to go around an be bitchy towards someone, but at the end of the day you seem to have in in your stupid heads that i'm some big multi-talented self proclaimed professional, that is suppose to be good at every bloody thing he touches... well i'm not and i don't see why i should have to be to be your bloody performing monky! I work in 3D NOTHING bar 3D, if something needs scripting for 3D - i do that! if something needs assembly coding in 3D - i do that! if something needs development in 3D - i do that!!
I don't even go NEAR the 2D aspect, and to same i'm some programmer of sorts would be bloody stupid as well ... i know roughly howto code, an i know howto code FOR 3D very very well - anything outside of that and i'm lost.
Arrow is so damn'd right, simple is just like a younger brother ... only difference here is he isn't close enough to beat the hell out of.

Simple - " here's my latest artwork, but don't critisize it cos that would make me look bad and I don't like criticism "

you are the only one i'm complaining about posting here, you are certainly not most welcome here ... or many other places within this forum because of how you act. Just because you don't go around swearing or whatever doesn't matter, doesn't stop you from being just a pure jerk about whatever you do.
And always having Indi back you up whenever doing this stuff - well the less said the better.

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 14:54
Hmm maybe I'll change the priority of things on my to-do list for this place (one of them is "ignore user" so you can stop any posts/threads from particular users appearing to you). Might sort you two out anyway!

Photoshop is an awesome bit of software and awesomely complicated at the same time. I know people who've used it for years and still learn new tricks. Real Photoshop masters will concede there is always something new to learn about it. When you've a package that complicated you have to learn the shortcut keys, it's the only way to get around it in any reasonable amount of time.

Cheers,

Rich

"Gentlemen, we are about to short-circuit the Universe!"
DB Team / Atari ST / DarkForge / Retro Gaming
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 14:59
You know what I miss, PSP3.1

It was laid out like the original Photo shop on the mac, all the drawing tools laid out nicely, what the hell did they change it all in v4 for!!!

I miss that early simplicity these packages had, the last time I looked at PS I had no idea what did what - after using it so much on the mac when at college I expected to at least get a little head start!. Nowadays I use PSP7, and spend half the time messing around with nested options, nothing like progress eh?

Van-B
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 15:44
I got PSP3 for Win 3.1 somewhere on a cd.

Good ol' and fast on today's machines.

Just remember that you're standing on a planet that's evolving
And revolving at nine hundred miles an hour!
Arrow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 15:54
I know that a lot of amateur people use pireted version of photoshop, but at the end of the day... they can only a fraction of it's functions because they don't understand what most of the other functions do.

Are you calling Raven or myself a thief?

Am I a butterfly dreaming I'm a man?
Or a bowling ball dreaming I'm a plate of samishi?
Never assume that what you see or feel is real.
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 15:54
Hehe, yeah, I use it at work - it's free, you can download it from the Jasc website.

Maybe give that a try Raven? - more like Paint than todays incarnations of PS and PSP, but lots of nice features that are not hidden behind dropdown menus (come on Jasc, 3 clicks just to get a soften tool working is shocking).

Van-B
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 16:07
Arrow - "Are you calling Raven or myself a thief?" - no he didn't bloody call you (or anyone else) a thief, don't try and create an argument out of supposition plese.

What's more I completely agree with his statement, lots of people DO use copies of PS without owning the proper thing. If they did, they'd have the hefty Adobe manual sat on their shelves including hundreds of pages of guides, help, tutorials, pictures, details of every command and function, etc (as I do, for the last 4 versions). So it makes you wonder why someone in posession of such a book (as any legal owner would be) doesn't search it first for reference.

Cheers,

Rich

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 16:12
I agree but remember those books are also sold separately if one would like to push the argument further,which isn't my point anyways.

Photoshop is great and every other software I tried from Adobe was similarly as high quality as their now 'epic' paint program.

Still,Paintshop pro is THE reference for anyone especially unexperienced in 2D softs or bigger packages,contrarly to PS which I'd rather recommend to someone a bit more averaged...then again,always comes the exceptions like Simple who's just great from the beginning.

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 16:26
No I'm talking about the manuals that come with the software, hundreds of pages, colour, detailed, very very comprehensive. I got one for every version of PS I've ever bought (or upgraded) any other legal owner would too.

Cheers,

Rich

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 16:29
I got AutoCAd release 14 User's Guide,bought it at the Uni after my teacher made me a legal student copy.

indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 16:51
photoshop 5.5 or 6 are the best in my books.

3.x didnt have the history pallete so u had to make sure that u knew there is only one undo.

4.x was just shockin

5.5 is fast and reliable
most features only in 6 and 7 can be recreated in 5.5

Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 16:54
I use 5.5 on my old PC and 7 on this one - the font/text support was quite bad in 5.5 I think (font selection/text entry/position/etc). In 7 it's got a lot better but even more useful is the "export for web" side of things, I do like that! The combined effects are good too, how you can build up effects on layers and turn bits of them on/off easily - very cool.

Cheers,

Rich

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 17:15
Rich the manual is like the size of a small phone directory... there is no bloody way i'm carting that around from country to country

i'd feel like an idiot having to take it into work with me too, cause you sit there with a manual flicking through the index trying to find what you wanna do - just to find out its actually named something else so you've wasted a good 5mins reading through a few paragraphs on a tool just to find out, that isn't the bloody tool you wanted in the first place.

that said i've not used PaintShop under v5.0 and infact the only full version of it i've used is 7.0 ... right now i'm using Photoshop 6.0, which as last time i used Photoshop was v5 at work which has a good few differences (which is bloody annoying in itself) but then comming from using PaintShop alot, being what i'm now more or less used to - i'm finding i'm thinking more and more about what tools are available and how they are able to be used rather than on the work i'm doing itself...

i mean confusingly the Airbrush has a blend mode AND the layers have blend modes (on several levels) - so to get the same effect as i'd want to achieve in PSP it took me a while to figure out, because the Airbrush itself is a VERY different effect standardly in PS then in PSP.
quite unerving to say the least ... perhaps if these were programs i've used for a long time it'd be different, but i only have a year if that experience even in PaintShop. Before that i just used MSPaint or DivStudio Paint

klukk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 17:15
Personally I use Ulead Photoimpact 7.0 for all my 2D image manipulation. It's quite cheap, packs a mean punch and is capable of some really cool effects. Another plus is that it's geared towards web graphics which is where most of my time is spent.

- If nothing sticks to teflon, then how do they make teflon stick to the pan???
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 17:29
The trouble with Photoshop is its power, there is very little it cannot do. Power comes at a price, that price being a learning curve that, while not being too bad imho, does get steep quickly. Most of the manual exists in the help files though, so even without the "phone directory" you can still find answers.

If you like a package a certain way - don't upgrade it I guess.

Cheers,

Rich

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 18:14
Wow. I missed this small war.

I would like to add a small request, lighten up for heavens sake.

Have you seen Ravens code? Stuff he has done?

No offence indi, but raven did not do anything wrong until simple appeared with the slighly ambigous comments.

Simple. I am assuming you were not trying to insult or provoke Raven. You have yo be carefull, there is a fine line between critizim and constructive critizim. As Raven had stated he had not been using it long, hence the fact that he could not do something.

Raven. Why not try ignoring simples posts if they provoke you, just a sugestion. It may solve a lot of problems.

As for graphics software i use Serif Photo Plus cause i like it. I would use PSP or PS if i could get some money. (Although i got the version of PSP that came on the fron of a mag.)

Peace Man,
- MP

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
I went outside once and my FPS rate dropped to 5.
Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2003 18:15
ambiguous*

Me canny spell

The Outside is a evil place to be, too much light, too much noise and too many distractions....
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 08:12
martyn thanks

also u might like to try a really old macromedia prodcut called Xres. It was free a few years ago

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 12:47
Quote:
only difference here is he isn't close enough to beat the hell out of.

Well if you know what I do for a living, you wouldn't even contemplate it. It would be an unfair contest and you wouldn't stand a chance.

@Arrow ... No I'm not, just stating the facts + Rich explained it so well, so I don't need to add to his comments.

As for Photoshop..... there's NO real reason for you to carry around the manual ( if you own one ) most of the explanations of functions can be found within the internal help files. or if you use a little common sence, you could just let the mouse hover over a function for a brief explanation and the shortcut key for that function.

Veggie >> if you own Photoshop 7, didn't you get the tutorial VCD with it ?? I found that to be most helpfull. + it explains most of the new features in PS7.... "export for web" being one of my favorites too.

Anyways.... by the looks of it >> veggie you are over reacting as per usual. You still seem to be very emotionally unstable and definitely need to lighten up.

Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 14:54
i don't have Photoshop 7... i have Photoshop 6, as this is what they use at work and most other dev houses i've been in - there seem's to be a reluctance to actually upgrade to version7, and i've never even seen it so i wouldn't know why.

and i don't think i should lighten up, perhaps running around having life all rose's is good for you - but isn't for everyone else, and i don't really care to giving you a chance to be nice ot anything ... just stay well away from me and my posts.

plus i know what you do for a living, i'm certainly by no means gonna rethink wanting to kick your ass - if you don't think i'd stand any of a chance then you'd be quite arrogant and far to confident within your own skills not careing what possible skills others might have.

actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 15:14
I know 2 Kung-Fu masters very well and both are well known in Asia Yves Laprise and Fernand Morneaux...

Can you believe that this last one(Fern.) killed a cow with one blow on the forehead?(I know,It's animal cruelty)

I had to actually be ridiculized by his fellows until i came to believe this(they had a tape).

Still,Yves is the strongest but yet fearful for he wouldn't fight with Fernand.Why?Because one day he ws drinking a beer in a public place when he got challenged by a 'drunk'(untrained),confident that he'd beat him up he let him strike first,the martial art teacher didn't dodge the blow and fell on his back.

There's no real point in what i'm saying here except that not alot of people actually train to 'get hit' instead of dodging...and that it's not my opinion but rather something I witnessed.

I've seen big guys fall(I'm a big guy),y'know what they say about it.

Hope this doesn't add to the argument though,it's the last thing I'd want.

Peace

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 15:26
How arrogant of Simple to rebuff Ravens empty threat...

Put this way Raven, I've walked away from very sticky situations involving all sorts of idiots with more big mates than brain cells, and if there's one thing I've learned from my experiences - People who can hold their own tend to keep quiet about it, it's the mouthy ones who suffer everytime.

Van-B
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 15:29
Cheers Van but there are situations where you just can't turn your back like when I got attacked with a knife only because the guy wanted my 'cap'...Y'know,the 80's

Simple
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 15:30
Quote:
and infact the only full version of it i've used is 7.0

Quote:
i don't have Photoshop 7... i have Photoshop 6, as this is what they use at work and most other dev houses i've been in - there seem's to be a reluctance to actually upgrade to version7, and i've never even seen it so i wouldn't know why.

Well make your mind up !! you've either used it, or you've never even seen it ( which one is it ) ?

As for you kicking my ass - it's hardly likely to ever happen is it ? + just mentioning it go's to show your mental state.

As the president of the A.G.M.A ju-jitsu association... YES, I do have a lot of confidence with my skills. But then what I do has a lot to do with confidence building, mental attitude and physical restraint. ( areas where you are certainly lacking )

Verbal abuse doesn't seem enough for you.

Anyway... back to the subject in hand. if you haven't got the patients to learn Photoshop properly... i.e some of the shortcuts for example, then put it down and use some intermediate software like PSP. PSP can produce quality work too. ( again, if you know what you are doing with it )

My personal opinion is that if you can use one art package, then you can use them all ( their all basically a variation on a theme )

On an ending note >>

Quote:
just stay well away from me and my posts.

I do believe I asked the same of you once, but you declined ( what go's around - comes around )

Martyn Pittuck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 15:42
Hey simple, you heard of the Jikishin Ju-Jitsu Comp in South Africa this week, or last week.

My sensi is going there, and my mate And Terry Parker.

I hope you know who John Hunt is

Well, i stopped doing Ju-Jitsu on 3rd Dan Brown. He a FOOL.
I Plan to start again soon as i can now be in the seniors. Taching little kids gets boring although the authority is great

Well hope to talk more on this, you got MSN?

PS QUOTE:

infact the only full version of it i've used is 7.0 ... right now i'm using Photoshop 6.0,

Your point is still valied though, but maybe I have seen 7 in use but not used it myself so cannot compare...

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 16:53
Act,

I know what you mean mate, I don't turn my back, I'm not totally daft . Thing is, if your confident, you don't need to fight - I've seen so many people make the mistake of trying to reason with idiots, then end up in casualty for no good reason. I find fighting an incredibly stupid way to settle an argument, but sometimes you just gotta tuck them in and settle it for good - otherwise these things come back to haunt you.

Of course I'm not comparing anyone here to the hairybacks that spend their weekends harassing normal people, a threat from someone you'll never see is like a fart in an egg-mayonaise factory.

As an example of lack of control...
A friend of mine was watching his 18yo son playing football for the local sunday league team (usually sponsored by bars). Anyway, his son gets in an argument with an opposing player - little pushing, shoving, handbags a 20-paces stuff. Anyway, a substitute player gets up, runs upto my friends son, and decks him. Not a standard punch, this guy tore his lip apart and knocked him out - and into an epileptic fit. The tough guy was a boxer.

Now this idiot boxer will be banned from playing organised football, banned from boxing, and could very possibly end up in jail, all because he could'nt control his stupidity.

Van-B
actarus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 17:21 Edited at: 18th Mar 2003 17:29
You're right,I could've turned the situation against the opponent since I knew a few good techniques but I knew better...I mean,the guy really tried to stab me and if it wasn't for reflexes,I'd have a pretty big scar on my belly which would remind me how stupid I was to ever get into this.

The irony of it all is that I had bested the guy in a nearby arcade at the original Street Fighter,guess he held some kinda digital grudge

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 17:53
Yeah, but there's honour in using your fists, even when someone else brings the weapon, I've been threatened with knives and bats, but not by anyone that knew howto use them. Like a guy threatened me with a bat after I had thrown him out of my house, little gimp followed us home from the club because he liked one of my female friends. Anyway, he's at my door with a bat after we turfed him - my little brother just walked round behind him and gently took the bat from him, I mean actually just lifted it out of his hands. Now this idiot has 2 irate brothers with a baseball bat, and all he has is the teeth he had left.

That night we excercised control, I beat the crap out of him without using the bat or my bro. Get this though, he told his friends that we had beaten him up with the bat! - little git!.

Van-B
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 18:26
did you guys read the sentance before hand ... it refers to Paintshop!

that aside, it is annoying how ya'll are ripping apart this damn'd thread - also i don't particularly care about how other people fair in fights, oftenly just pathetic unskilled brawling (althought recent martial arts tournaments i've seen haven't been much better).

look, tell you what answer me this Simple ... would you fight me?
and don't think of me as just some punk kid who knows nothing, if i had many year experience and was someone recognised ... would you accept?
i kinda hope you answer right cause i'm sick and tired of this crap

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2003 18:35
Yeah, let's not bring one of Ravens threads into disrepute, despite the fact that he does it everyday and he brought the bloody subject up.

If you must threaten Simple, why not email him, instead of stomping round here like your shopping for shoes.

Van-B

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 07:40:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 07:40:29