Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] Gone - Scifi/Horror

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2007 05:31
The new warehouse area looks absolutely sick. Seriously. I'll have screenshots up soon. This area will be pretty scary.

bass guy1669
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2007 08:12
cool!

come see night shift at http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=106003&b=25 see you there
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 04:22
Here's a screenshot of my new segment, the Grunge Bathroom. Made it in about 2 hours, making everything in the texture in Photoshop. I think it turned out pretty nice.

Expect to see these areas much more populated with entities in the next few screenshots, but I'm still laying out most of the level on paper.

bass guy1669
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2007 06:16
this is looking very goood

come see night shift at http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=106003&b=25 see you there
Dr Distracto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2007 07:40
I am going mad waiting for this demo, AHHHHHH. I cant believe how good this is, you are doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2007 08:36
We have been doing pretty good lately, getting all the kinks in the story worked out for the overall game. The warehouse area is looking pretty tasty so far, hopefully I'll have a screenshot up soon. I'm not really going to be showing you guys much of the demo, just to give it more of an awe factor.

Also, we have been having some nasty computer troubles lately that might set us back a few days, but could also lead to a possible upgrade.

One more thing about the story. We made room for a sequel, and boy will it go out with a bang.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2007 22:34
SEVEN PAGES! I HAVE TO READ SEVEN PAGES! How do you do it. Hold on, I'm gonna read a few hundred comments...

Please sign here
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 07:45
Quote: "SEVEN PAGES! I HAVE TO READ SEVEN PAGES! How do you do it. Hold on, I'm gonna read a few hundred comments..."

Haha. It's only six pages for me.

Good news: Inspire! Media Model Pack 1 is almost finished! We are just adding the final touches now, but we won't release anything until the demo is finished. I will, though, post a thread in the Models and Media board about it. Sometime soon. As soon as Blender stops being mean.

Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 13:13
Wow, just ploughed through 6 or 7 (I've lost count) pages of excellent design and lighting and stuff. Everything will be custom? When you release the demo, I'll be sure to play it, it looks good. I couldn't play the Enigma level/entry though, the filefront link just linked me to the filefront homepage. Looks good, though, you have far more patience and skill than me!

3D game making is a combination of pc crashes, yelling and coffee.
I'm not actually a Kiwi, I just randomly thought it up one day.
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 19:40
Try downloading it off my website. And thanks for the compliments.

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 20:37 Edited at: 4th Jul 2007 20:38
Just a bump, and an update.

As you all know, I am working for Inspire! Media as of now. Well, last night (late, late last night.) Inspire asked me, if I wouldn't mind adding the mp5 hands to the generic (modernday)/stock law gun. Well, I just completed it.

The gun still uses the feature of the two textures. One for the gun, and one for the hands.

Currently, the gun is not textured, just has a 1024x1024 .jpg UVMap over it. The hands in the screenshot(s) use the "Fighter" texture that came with MP5. Inspire said he will retexture both if necessary.

Here it is fully animated. (Inspire, go on AIM for a .zip file transfer of the model in .x, .ms3d, and .dbo, plus textures.)

NOTE: Screenshot below is just a test, it will look better and more straight in-game.

This is just a quick side view...

Enjoy!
-AaronG

...and when did I ever hear about this model pack being almost finished???

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 21:17
Quote: "http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p177/kvorbach93/lawwithhands.jpg"

Hah. Yep. I'm thinking about making a gallery - like thing in Flash for my website.

Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2007 21:25
Okay, I just played Enigma. (I know it's a little late in the thread but, hey, I may as well, right?) First impressions are:

Gameplay: 9/10, I thought the contrast of the AK to the MP5 was good, the lack of AK ammo was also realistic and good. If you can make each gun in the full game as distinct as this, it'll be cracking. One problem I had was that there was one point (where you meet the first soldier) where I think he shot me through a wall or doorframe, which meant I was much less interested in peeking round corners (since I figured, corner or no corner, they could hit me.) Probably a FPSC bug, though.

Atmosphere: 8/10, it was very moody, very dark and contrasting, you felt like something was wrong, like normal life had stopped. This was mainly due to the lighting and placeables. However, one thing I will say about the lighting: There were places where I simply could not see my hand in front of my face! I know the place is enclosed, but even so, it would be nice if there were no spots where there was no lighting, unless it's done for effect (you know, "Oh, should I go down that nasty, dark tunnel? Oh, I have to... *shivers*") The feel from the lighting was good, but impacted the gameplay negatively at times. Not all the time, it should be said. Also, some creepy sounds at places would have really added to the atmosphere (although Guards swearing was very immersive and made it feel more real).

Your placeables are all nice, especially as they're mainly (if not all) custom. The HUD is OK, although the bland box for ammo and health looked rather normal. Also, consider making the crosshair semi-transparent: at times, I had to aim away from where I thought a guard would be as I crept round a corner, so that I could see whether or not there was a guard there.

But overall it has a lot of promise, the extreme difficulty is hard to get used to but well-balanced (especially since it's quite short) and, with an over-arching storyline provided by Gone and more enemies and weapons, I think you're on to a winner!

@AaronG: wow, that's nice...

bass guy1669
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2007 00:27
i am downloading Enigma as i type this, the screenshot look really good

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2007 01:11
@ Darth Kiwi
Quote: "wow, that's nice..."

Thanks for the compliment. I just re-did all of the animations for it, and replaced the hands. We are hoping this will be a major roll player in Gone. (Like one of those weapons that you would remember killing some one with.)

Here are some update screenshots...

Simulated FPS view...

And now, for a render...

The only problem we are currently having, is that the gun is appearing all screwed up in game. The animations work, the HUD.x file is centered to perfection. (Well, maybe a few pixels off, but w/e) .

But, still, the problem remains.

Good Luck to all,
AaronG

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2007 04:57
Wow, thank you Darth kiwi for that in-depth review. That, actually was exactly what I was looking for. The MP5 will be the second gun you get in the game, and will be used throughout, while the AK-47 will be more powerful, with less ammo, and will probably be used to fight tougher enemies and get yourself out of a tight fix.

The difficulty will lighten up on that "Enigma" level in the actually game, but overall, the game will be pretty difficult, especially on the two boss fights. Oops, I said to much.

And about the rocket launcher. It will be introduced fairly late in the game, when things really start to get chaotic. Ugh. I'm having a little designer's brain cramp right now. I'm waiting for a texture from Creator of Zombies, and without it, I can't do much else. I'm narrow minded like that.

Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2007 13:15
No probs inspire, I like spewing out my opinion! And two boss fights? That'll be sweet, as long as they're not just "run round shooting at it and circle-strafing".

@AaronG: Wow... That's just beautiful... If you guys can get the gameplay impact juuust right, that'll be a really excellent weapon!

AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2007 18:42
Inspire, while I'm waiting for help, are there any other guns you want me to mess with, and put hands on?

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2007 20:13
I'm gonna' model a riot shotgun.

bass guy1669
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 20:57
@AaronG: are going to round the hands out? overall NICE work on the L.A.W.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2007 21:17
That's what the hands look like when you import them into a modeler. They are smoothed when they are brought into FPSC.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2007 22:04
No updates today. We're aiming to release a big, big update on Friday the 13th. Stay tuned.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2007 06:36
Hey mods, I was wondering if it would be okay if you locked this, and I posted another Gone Updates or Gone Demo thread in a good amount of time. Month, maybe?

Duplex
User Banned
Posted: 19th Jul 2007 08:42
What happened to that big update?

[url=www.x-games.mdhost.info]X-Games[/url]
[url=fps-files.com]FPS-Files[/url]
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2007 17:16
I don't even know. That plan kinda' fell apart with the team. I would just like to lock this thread and start a new one when the demo is finished.

creator of zombies
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2007 17:40
Hope your not abandoning GONE inspire!!!

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2007 18:38 Edited at: 19th Jul 2007 18:39
Quote: "Hope your not abandoning GONE inspire!!!"

No way...

If anything I'll move it to DBPro, but that is yet to be decided. I'm screwing around with making an FPS in DBPro, and it's pretty easy. Might as well do that.

In the new thread, look forward to:

- An official preview / trailer
- Custom character models
- Outdoor environments
- Custom weapons
- New levels
- Inspire A.I.
- Better gameplay
- Professional voice recording
- Cutscenes

And possibly a demo. Also: I'll be trying to implement normal maps. If I get those working, I will put them on EVERYTHING.

Maybe we'll even have the custom soundtrack goin'.

Darth Kiwi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2007 22:39
Sounds good, just as long as it gets released sometime! Moving to DBPro would mean more work in the short term, but more overall flexibility, I guess.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2007 00:09
Yeah. I'm going to be making the levels in FPSC, and then I might just use those in DBPro. That might effect the portal system though, but I could hard code better AI into it, which would get rid of any reading the engine has to do. But for now, it's FPSC.

Crack Pot Todd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2007 06:22
Good looking game. to bad you moving forums because I wasn't around to see it all develope.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:49:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:49:01