Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / FREE Windows GUI DLL for DarkBASIC Pro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I was semi offering to take your offer and code a DLL like yours. I've been curious as to how to use an external DLL to make a button, or anything appear in a DBP window for awhile. I haven't tried searching the forums yet... lol. Will do that now. I did read the plugin and toolkit stuff but it never has that kind of integration unless I missed something.

Got school work then back to forum.

Signed
------
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 22nd Sep 2009 04:15
@Profit
Well, you're entitled to your own opinion. Thank you for voicing it--so to speak--in a not so positively criticizing manner. I would have appreciated specific examples and citations, and some effort to not double post. However, if thats how you wish to represent yourself, so be it.

@HavokDelta6
Thank you for the offer, but I intend to update the site on my own and regularly. (After I receive more loyal traffic, if I do.) As for the package issues, I'll be sure to look for it and remove it. I no longer have any version of the plug-in.

@feiting shadow
I can teach you how to do so if you're willing to; 1-Get a GMail account. 2-Learn C++. (I can teach you C++.)

Cheers,
-naota

feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2009 09:51 Edited at: 22nd Sep 2009 09:58
lol. You probably haven't seen, but I frequently refer "newbie" threads to read a C array tutorial.

I found IanM's "secret method" for getting the handle to the window. I can pass that to a DLL in C? (++ is implied).

Been awhile since I've Ceen anything (haha, programmer pun). But I reviewed a basic set of tutorials and tinkered in codeblox a week ago. How do you think I knew how to use OOP for my 2D and 3D Space sim frameworks?

So anyway, since 2 is out of the way, and I hate google... (anything that tries to do my work for me, live my life for me, etc... thus increasing the lack of intelligence on the world, I don't like)... what would step 3 be?

(yes I do have a gmail account through my school... if need be. lol)

EDIT: check your forums if you haven't already... they could use a few clean-ups and new member limitations

Signed
------
HavokDelta6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2009 10:50
I can take up the developer position if you like. I'm familure with serveral C++ like syntaxes and alittle C++ (i know my way, i'm no pro)

Would you really want a sucsessor though?
I mean this is your brainchild

gtg now. laters.

I have a gmail acount btw, and i'd love to take this up, from or along side you

GCSE results:
2 a's 3 b's AND
5 (FIVE) a*'s ^_^
feiting shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
I will give preference to Havok. My time isn't as free as it might appear.

Though I think I have what I need, with getting the handle to the window, should I decide to do anything. Also, I read the giant globStruct header file. Seems I need a review of C++.

Havok, know what these mean?
classname->member. ::scope. Virtual. Function template. Public/protected, etc...

I still remember them, what they do, but not how to write them, lol. That's why I reviewed a few weeks ago. Still lack the practice and motivation though.

Signed
------
HavokDelta6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2009 22:22
'corse i do, One of the main SEROUS UBER HATES of darkbasic is because of lack of class objects. not even types back from functions.

GCSE results:
2 a's 3 b's AND
5 (FIVE) a*'s ^_^
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2009 02:27
Okay Havok. If you want to develop "WinGui"/"TwilightGui" then I'll teach you exactly what you have to do and help you debug. Please send an email to nocannedmeat@gmail.com. You'll need GTalk for us to be able to communicate. Clearly, my GTalk address is the same as my email address.

Cheers,
-naota

HavokDelta6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2009 10:17
Ill sort it when I come back from school.

Thanks

GCSE results:
2 a's 3 b's AND
5 (FIVE) a*'s ^_^
HavokDelta6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2009 18:43
Added.

GCSE results:
2 a's 3 b's AND
5 (FIVE) a*'s ^_^
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2009 21:21
I found the source code. Visit my website (http://www.aexuni.com/) for details.

Cheers,
-naota

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:49:32
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:49:32