Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / GDK Update - 220107

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 16:51
tobi453, Hold on a second, you haven't enabled global collision, or set the collision status for both the triangles. Can you modify your sample to do so and retest the evaluations.

Paul.

"This is Big Brother, could Ian please remove his head from the oven, thank you!"
tobi453
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul, I don't understand your objection. Maybe I have misunderstood something, but I was my impression that dbObjectCollisionCenterX does return the x position of the center of the collision sphere of the object.

excerpt from the DGDK Documentation:
Quote: "dbObjectCollisionCenterX
This command will return the X position of the center of the collision sphere associated with the specified object.

Syntax
float dbObjectCollisionCenterX ( int iObject ) "
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 17:54
tobi453, oh no no, it wasn't an objection, and if it sounded that way, I apologise. No I may have misunderstood myself, but you may actually be right. I'll test this myself as well, as it could may well be that those functions are indeed broke. I was under the illusion that they only returned data if a collision actually occurred, but needs verifying.

Paul.

"This is Big Brother, could Ian please remove his head from the oven, thank you!"
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2007 17:59 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2007 18:11
tobi453, just as an idea, maybe that should be check with DBPro to see if that works at all. Instanced objects offer limited functions. If it doesn't work at DBpro, don't expect it to work at DGDK, but if it does then you are right.
Nevertheless, listen to Paul since enabling collision could be necessary.

I solved somehow all my VS2005 issues so far, however I still have a strange shader problem that I've been unable to isolate: It happens that I see the texture of the shader-applied object over imposed to the background. Very strange to me, if anyone has any clue or has seen the same, please report.

Also I found that the dbDeleteEffect command raises an exception or does nothing at all.
tobi453
Years of Service
User Offline
Morcilla, I've tested my code with an older version of the DGDK (I think it's version 1.1.1) and everything works perfectly.

Maybe Mike should comment on this?
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2007 16:44
tobi453, that's enough for me, I've reported an example to Mike.

Mike's comments are always welcome, so we know that we are not talking alone.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-27 19:12:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-27 19:12:23