Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Programming Talk / The Fluffum War (2d action/strategy)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2007 03:49 Edited at: 7th Jun 2008 20:48
Click the below link and then open the file to donate to ZekeGames via paypal. Every cent is greatly appreaciated.
http://www.verongames.com/upload/download.php?file=685188

SURVIVAL DEMO RELEASED AND ATTACHED!!!

(1.61 was deleted to make room)

NEW PEOPLE TO THIS THREAD:
rather than reading through all these posts which you probobly dont feel like doing, read the entire first post and last post or 2 and you're caught up and ready to post!

JOIN OUR NEW FORUMS!
http://zekegames.createforum.com/portal.php

(public beta testing cancelled. It will be conducted by the ZekeGames team instead)

The forums have:
A screenshot gallery
A video gallery
few members right now
were to stay in tune for bleare kindoms.... which I cant talk about yet... you wish I could. You know it.

--- THE FLUFFUM WAR ---

THE BASE DEFENSE DEMO IS ATTACHED

I'd love to update the demo (its so old!) but with my current internet I cannot, and the code that setup the demo is trashed. But you can see the updated engine when the multiplayer demo comes out.
MULTIPLAYER DEMO IS ATTACHED TO SECOND POST

ABOUT THE GAME

super basic overview - aliens vs. humans. Battles, explosions, plasma. aliens are the fluffums, cute creatures who maul you.

The game has 3 modes:
Campain -
Base Defense mode - (demo one is this)
Multiplayer - (not online, demo coming out soon)

::::::: Detailed Info :::::

(NOTE: MANY FEATURES LISTED HERE ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE FIRST DEMO)
You move with WASD (w is jump) and you aim with your mouse, your gun follows it. You click, you shoot, and a cute little muzzleflash shows up. Your plasma slowly recharges and can reach up to 15. Each bullet uses up one.
In base defense mode, you start out alone. The enemy (fluffums) open up spawnholes. The enemy fluffums float and move toward you to attack. For each one you kill, you gain money. With that money you can buy units, turrets, ships, walls, force feilds, missile launchers, and much more to build up your base with. The fluffum march slowly increases at an exponential rate, so your always challenged. Here you totally build up complex bases in-game with force-feilds, ships, etc. Fast paced amazement.

In campain there are cutscenes etc. to bring you along the story-driven mission sets, which there are many of. See the heading storyline. Campain includes super diverse enviroments such as snowy plateus, super dense forests, plains, cliffs, mountains etc.

The fluffum have many units against you, and they know how to fight. They use regular fluffums, large fluffums with great amounts of health, spectral fluffums that can go through walls, and fireball fluffums which launch devastating fire-bombs into your base. (building force-feilds is a good idea). They also have more units, some only available to multiplayer, some only to the campain, etc. these include battlesuit fluffums, turrets, walls, force-feilds, buildable spawnholes, and pain embracers(and more).

:::::::::::::::::::: STORY ::::::::::::::::::

Of course this is in the future, but not the far-far future. Around 2124. Scanners detected large amounts of Tyrammiuslacintinium (a newly found rare element with many good uses), which of course drug us humans in like moths to a lantern. It turns out that lantern was a bug-zapper. (ha!)
After arriving, the species that inhabited the planed attacked and mauled us as we mined. We shot back, but bullets had no effect on the ghostly beings. We gave up mining the planet, but 3 years later we came back with a plasma solution that would cut through them. We triuphed. But it turns out, the surges continue to grow, the fluffum march seems to have no end. And they are adapting. fast. too fast. They developed an anti matter plasma, that we call bio-ultim, which, though latin, translates into life - end (it really does!). It kills any cell it touches, which isnt good when it flies through you. So we were getting pushed back again. This is where you come in, an elite april5 soldier coming to kick some butt. No sooner than you arrive on the planet, some fluffum mothership blows up earth. ouch. Now with this our only planet, both species - humans and fluffums - are trapped in a desperate race for survival. And both are determined to win.

Graphics::::

this game especially the graphics are a big focus. It takes a long time to draw the sprites, then we apply alpha values and blend color modes etc etc to give everything a nice effect. motion blur is added to where it is needed (fangbearers) but isnt over-used. It also includes extra tidbits like shell casings extracted from your gun that use neat physics, and things like when you shoot through the branches of a tree leaves fall down, from randomly generated blood particle effects, the beams of light coming down from the trees that shine on you (campian) and other particle effects. It includes nicely blended explosions, and blah blah blah. Graphics cards that glow and/or have a cool looking fan on them are recommended.

BTW the computer I make and play this on has 1.24 gigs of ram, so I will need testers later on with low-end machines to set out the minimum system requirements, which are probobly going to be pretty high.

MULTIPLAYER

Starting out, A message appears. "player one's turn" after player one (the humans) presses ok, and they gain 450 or so bucks, and they have 30 seconds (no character, cusor controlled) he builds up base etc. THen player 2's turn, and so on.
The battlefield is like so. Large, with a crystal at each base, one in the middle, and one in some inportant chokepoint (there will be several maps). Players can't build units if they arent a certain distance from allies, so you cant just jump to the enemies base with 10 turrets. Ah-no. Your supply lines are determined by the number of units and the size of your base, the cursor changes color to show what territory its in. Now if you are close enough to the crystal, you build up some units to guard it. When the crystal has enough positive(human) or negative(fluffum) energy around it, it will change color. You win if you have em all. Player 2 is the fluffums, and they get a whole new range of unique weaponry. A cool strategically open advantage is that firballs skip through fluffum walls, gaining height and speed. Use your brain (muahahaha). Each side has advantages and disadvantages. Fluffum players can open up spawnholes.
the demo is finished and attached to the second post.

:::::::::::::: PROGRESS REPORT ::::::::::::::

Determining abandonment.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::[b]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2007 03:50 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2008 18:51
the screenshot here has been deleted to make room for the multiplayer demo.
MULTIPLAYER DEMO DOWNLOAD HERE NEW 1.3 UPDATED

The 1.3 includes better balance (but not perfect... fluffums are a bit too good), a human crystal, and some other glitch + gameplay fixes.

The Fluffum War: A WIP
[URL]forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=115938&b=8&p=0[/URL]

Attachments

Dr Manette
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2007 04:47
Hmm, I'm impressed with the screen shots. Could you explain more about the game (weapons, enemies, ect). Love the style, by the way.

Zombie 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2007 11:06
Quite impressed, this looks like a lot of zany hardcore fun, keep it up mate.

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2007 04:10 Edited at: 13th Oct 2007 02:45
i updated the info dr manette and i hope to have the demo up by monday.

Also, here is a shot of a base you can build in-game.

2d programmer for life

Attachments

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 02:46 Edited at: 14th Oct 2007 03:34
The fire-bomb explosions look amazing in game, here is a shot of one.
Whats more amazing is the sweet physics applied to everything it touches! flying bodies! Debris!

CHECK OUT THE FLUFFUM WAR
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=115938&b=8

Attachments

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2007 02:49
I just created a new type of ally, a plasma-blade weilding flying robot called the FangBearer. You can build in game just like everything else, and they start with a charge of plasma, and the color of the blade is green. After they kill a couple of enemies the charge will go down and the color will change. When the charge is used up the blade will dissapear and the Fangbearer will drop to the ground and pop up a minute or so later with the blade fully recharged. They can be destroyed when the blade retracts and they are recharging.

2d programmer for life

Attachments

Jimpo
Years of Service
User Offline
The Fluffum War sounds like it's going to be really entertaining. I hope you keep on working, I'm looking forward to playing this.

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2007 03:21
Thank you, Jimpo.
And everyone else.

PROGRESS REPORT

I have finished entirely the Fangbearer. (they are amazing!)
I have almost entirely finished the Energize walls feature.
I am about to start Force Feilds.
After Making all these additions to the gameplay itself, I can continue to work on the Campain.

here is a screen of a surge of fluffums exiting one of thier evil wormholes.

Attachments

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2007 03:03
I've been trying to upload it with no progress.
Today I shouldv'e been able to get to a faster computer to upload it but I cannot. The nexttime I should be able to get online is Wednesday. Here is a battle screen.

I'm currently working on force feild generators,
And I linked directly the Speed vs. Volume of The Fangbearers. Now when they go faster their louder!

Attachments

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2007 03:02 Edited at: 18th Oct 2007 03:04
force-feild generators FINISHED, now working on Allied AI ships.
cute little icon -

CHECK OUT THE FLUFFUM WAR - 2d strategy/action! Demo soon!

Attachments

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 22:13 Edited at: 20th Dec 2007 22:38
I UPLOADED THE DEMO!
Now you can play it. Yippiekiay.
and an icon.

The Fluffum War - Multiplayer Demo coming soon!
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=115938&b=8&p=0

Attachments

Profit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2007 22:30
This project is not made with DBC/DBP. Please refrain from posting here about Gamemaker projects. Thanks.

common people are walking in line.

Mitsu Fly Ride.
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
What on earth?

Lavalord7
Years of Service
User Offline
This looks pretty bizarre.
Btw, my name (irl) is Zeke. Weird.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2007 00:46
Very, very cool. I really enjoy the game, although its not really anything special, it is very nicely done and I really like most of the gameplay. It is very polished indeed.

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2007 02:38 Edited at: 25th Oct 2007 02:52
First of all, Sorry
I programmed it in GML yes.
No matter what programming language somebody uses, they are still a game programmer.

I polish it ALOT, there is nothing I hate more than glitches!

And i am so sorry, i thought we could post about anything.
Ill keep this one up but will NEVER EVER post about any GML games again. (Cept in programming talk, where my future WIPs will be) Thanks for the update!

ALSO
Ive been recieving reports that on some computers there is an error.
While loading, a message appears that says: "An unexpected error occured."
Now it's supposed to copy all errors to a nice little text document that you can copy and paste here so i can fix it, but when this glitch happens, IT DOESN't RECORD!!!!
And trying again doesnt fix it, some computers just wont play it. Tell me if you get this and if you know why.
Im on the case.

THE FLUFFUM WAR: DEMO RELEASED
SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2007 03:05
And I want suggestions.

THE FLUFFUM WAR
Sixty Squares
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 03:36
Haha this game looks like lots of fun. Lots of explosions is just my kind of game .

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 12:08
Looks neat, only downside is that game maker is just one of the easiest way of creating a game. Even when coding it in Game Maker.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2007 16:16
I wouldn't consider that a downside for a very playable game...

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2007 02:37 Edited at: 26th Oct 2007 02:37
I wouldn't consider that a downside either. You still need talent to take care of graphics, special effects, music etc. And no matter how easy a coding language is, you still need to code the game.
The way I think of it - as long as you make it, the easier the coding language the better - I'm here to make games, not learn "greek".

The biggest difference between GML and DarkBASIC is that in GML you write seperate programs for every object and then you string them together to make the game.
Im not saying DarkBASIC/playbasic etc. isn't a good language, they are all very powerful, I just see Game Maker as my ideal for 2d.

and PLEASE report to me if you get that glitch I talked about earlier. Give me lots of evidence, I need to know what I can do to fix it ASAP! I hope to have it fixed before the multiplayer demo, but I know it will be fixed by the full release (which will be free to own yay!)

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2007 22:41 Edited at: 31st Oct 2007 22:42
Though I have lately been distracted with the crysis demo, I have still gotten lots of work done, though right now all work is going toward the multiplayer engine. Soon it will be done (the engine) and I will start making units like turrets for the fluffum army. Woo!

Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 14:14
Played the game many hours now.
It's really addicting, even if I (sorry ^^) hate the controls, at least this 50px-per-move-movement if you know what I mean.
Also the game was to hard for me.. Never really got far. imo you get not enough money for killing enemies, 60 of this small dudes for a simple wall.. that's sometimes frustrating. Apart from that the game is easy enough until this big-bomb-dudes come, which destroy the whole base with one of their attacks.
But I like all the effects, the music and the whole game-idea. So I started making a kind of remake in DBP some days ago, where I try to add some more tactical features and better controls. But atm it's not as fun as your game.. however, I hope you don't mind that I use your idea.
Good work, and never stop working on it!

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 22:29 Edited at: 1st Nov 2007 22:42
Thanks mr Kohlenstoff
I REALLY appreciate the critisism, its what I need to make it better!
Ill admit the difficulty level is very high. and I if the controls need work, TELL ME WHAT! I can always re-configure those keys if they are terrible.
The first of the three levels included is probobly the hardest, Play the second one if you want an easier match. To evade fireballs, build force feilds every now and then, they are life savers. RIGHT AWAY always build a double turret (if its the first level build a force feild generator and a soldier) because it helps you ALOT. The reason lvl. 1 is so hard is that the fireballs come from above, allowing gravity to pull them down and smite you.
Thank you for playing it, And I think it's cool that you are trying a remake thing(as long as you cite me out for the original idea and game).
The multiplayer mode is going to be even more addicting, as the fluffums will have lots of remade units the humans have (but not all of them!) things like walls and turrets (which shoot long purple plasma lazers) etc.
It's still a work in progress, and LOTS will change before the final version, but dont let that lead you to think it is very far away.

EDIT:
Things do cost alot! the beginning is slow because of that, which sucks, but if stuff costed less, later on when your making 100's every second, youd be too rich. But later ill tryand fix that.

Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2007 22:54
Quote: "and I if the controls need work, TELL ME WHAT!"

OK.

At first you can't move the unit by small distances, e.g. 5 px, but if you move right or left the robot moves ~50 pixels, so I very often fall from walls when I try to reposition.
And the last time I played there were some strange bugs, and the player moved quickly to one side when he landed after a jump, sometimes.. I didn't have this problem before.

And there's anotherproblem, but that might be caused by my computer: When I build a certain amount of walls (or maybe units in general) the game slows down a lot, and gets kind of unplayable. When the wall-segment is destroyed or sold then it runs at an accectable constant framerate again...

Oh, and I found another bug (I doubt you wanted it to be like that..). You can build a wall right into one of those enemy-spawn-portals and they get stuck in it, that's a very efficient method of "cheating"... (But I always loose though ^^)

Nevertheless the game is really cool. If you want more to fix:
I would prefer the clouds being behind the units, because I can just hardly see anything when a cloud is in front of the units.
And sprites with alpha-channel (I think the clouds have one) would probably looks better than this pixel-grid the units have.

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 01:45 Edited at: 3rd Nov 2007 01:52
Alright, the comments on the robot are probobly the friction levels (the sliding after you move) I'd gladly lower that.

After you fall a long distance, the character jumps more and more pixels per frame because of the speed, and he may end up inside the ground, which shoots him out, causing the sudden movement.

It may or may not be caused by your computer, later on in long battles the framerate does drop by alot, but I'm on the case and by the time the full game is released Ill put lots of speed-saving tricks to use. But when it's caused by one wall like that it may be because it is trying to check too many colissions and varibles, and since demo 1.61 I have changed so many things, I may actually have fixed that. Dont know.

I already fixed the issue when fluffums get stuck inside of walls, now if they spawn inside of one they gently float out of it! yay

I meant for the clouds to be in front of everything, especially when flying the ship they will get fusturating. I think I may have a bit too many clouds in that first level, so some will be removed (when they clump together they are really sight-imparing).

And I did try the alpha channel blending with the fluffums earlier (when I wasn't as proficient) in the game making process, they ended up too transparent. Later, now that I know how to fix it, I may do that to them, It would look better.

Thanks for the bug reports!

::::::::::: PROGRESS REPORT :::::::::::

with fluffum walls, you can actually skip fireballs over and through the segements to get added distance, bombing the other player like artillery!
Multiplayer engine 97% or so done (polishing), not the units yet.

Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 02:10
Hey this is really fun game

Tough its in wrong board cuz its made in game maker but human makes mistakes like you said you dint know about that

I hope the programming talk will get more activity because of your future projects

[center]

Click for details!
SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 02:16 Edited at: 4th Nov 2007 02:11
ALL of my future projects will be posted in programming talk, but I will use this thread to inform those. I plan to make lots of 2d games for a very long time. And all will involve explosions.
But first things first! kill fluffums!

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 03:10
This game is very addicting, I agree to that!

One thing that would help me out a LOT is putting the numbers/units/costs of different units like in a little window in-game. Right now I have to write down the units and costs on a sheet of paper and have it in front of me when I play.
Other than that, great game!

"Fire is always at the top of the food chain, and it has a big appetite."
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 03:33
[QUOTE]My mistake posing it here, nothing I can do about it now, you can live with one GM thread.[/QUOTE]
Don't tempt the mods in proving you wrong. Although I'm glad you posted it - I'm having awesome fun - you'll only have to say one thing that one mod doesn't like and this goes locked to the bottom. You would have to live with that.

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Nov 2007 21:30
hehe I've been playing it more and I've found that after a while the game simply can't get any harder (See attached uber-pwnage picture!)

Attachments

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2007 02:10 Edited at: 4th Nov 2007 02:20
@ bmaczero
Exactly, It cant! The reason that's like that is because the increase of enemies is a linear flow, A variable timer is set, It goes off, another hole is opened. Your army however is not, you increase your defenses and get lots better over time. You start off slower, but exceed later on.
I will try and incorperate random surges of enemies that happen more often the higher your score is so that you are always challenged.

nice super chain gun ownage. Isn't it easier to get started on the second level. The third is harder because eventually it gets very hard to fit more people in your base, but still I think that one is the hardest if you dont use force feilds.
Maybe I'll put a little bar on the bottom with cost stats. hmm.

@ tha_rami
Yeah, Ill edit that post, Id MUCH rather be safe then sorry.

EDIT: How do you guys like the ship controls?

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2007 01:41 Edited at: 9th Nov 2007 22:29
I added this here feature -
in game, press alt and hold it down as this screen appears at the cursor showing the prices(see the screenshot attached). Then release alt to get rid of it. I will also make one for the fluffum army for multiplayer.

EDIT: I now remember why I didnt alpha-blend the fluffums. Their eyes need to be black. The darker the color the more transparent when alpha valuing, therefore there would just be holes where the eyes were supposed to be. An alternative would be to create two objects, one is just the eyes that is created when a fluffum is created and moves with the fluffum, but having 2 objects for every fluffum would really increase the lag.

Attachments

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 01:47 Edited at: 26th Nov 2007 02:44
I totally re-did all of the explosion special effects, now they are pumped up! see the screenshot below for the pumped-up regular explosions. I also pumped up the plasma explosions, but I dont have a shot of them right now. getting farther! ship A.I. is going very very well, though I'm having a troublesome glitch (fluffums supposed to rise out of stuff).

Attachments

BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 01:55
Cool, I like it. Can we get an updated game?

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2007 01:59 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2008 02:03
I dont have fast enough internet to do that at the moment... and the whole setup for the demo has been trashed. You can see the updated game when I post the multiplayer demo (hopefully soon). I have to fix a couple glitches and then just setup the crystal-stabalizer control to get that to work.
meanwhile, a banner...
(changed cause it was too big before)
EDIT: also I reduced prices of the Fangbearer (down to 350) and big fluffums give 5 extra bucks.

ANOTHER EDIT:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: PROGRESS REPORT ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Right now, I just finished varied trees. Now we have little trees, regular trees, huge trees, and leaning trees. And I just finished beutiful ai humans (for campain only) that act as squadmates. Now I'm working on the diffuculty fix, making it less linear and more exponential growth so that its always challenging (in base defense mode). But I'm having trouble with a bad glitch now, need some time to fix it.

Attachments

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2007 22:35 Edited at: 10th Dec 2007 02:06
Difficulty fix is FINISHED.

I still need to do lots of testing to make sure that the difficulty curve is perfect. When spawnholes open, they play a cool sound now and first grow to their size in height, then expand in width (looks great). I added motion blur to fangbearers, too.
I plan on replacing doubleturrets with long-range turrets in multiplayer only, this gives the humans a bigger advantage (right now the fluffums are way too powerful of a team). Also for humans in multiplayer only I am going to make a power generator you can build to make you extra money.

EDIT:
and for your enjoyment, here is a screenshot of a massive total base destruction explosion.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
Well, i had a lot of money saved, so I covered my base with fangbearers. (to close the enemys spawnholes)(this is in multiplayer) well, while they were charging, a stray fluffum got by, and one blew up, which led to another, and soon....
This is after the initial blinding flash, by the way.

note: dont spread out fangbearers all over a base when building them.

Attachments

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Dec 2007 02:09 Edited at: 9th Dec 2007 02:20
Multiplayer is getting closer and closer to finished.
Added -
Muzzleflashes
New bullet system (fast bullets)
new long-range turrets (in place of doubleturrets for multiplayer)
new line-of sight AI
new go-around-wall-instead-of-bumping-into-them ai for the fluffums
energy generators for the humans (advantage against fluffums for multiplayer, extra bucks per turn helps)
dynamic day/night cycles completed with darkness etc.
ALSO i added a sweet new wall-bulding system:
Before, it was hard to line up walls correctly. Now, when you press 4 but dont release, a green outline will show EXACTLY where the wall will show up. now you can build perfect bases! (which is actually important for things like making you run smoothly across them.

AND
tons of various other stuff that you can see when it comes out.

SEE ATTACHED SCREENSHOT FOR NIGHTTIME IN MULTIPLAYER
(note how the plasmas extra bright and the cool rubble on the ground)

Attachments

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Dec 2007 02:03 Edited at: 17th Dec 2007 01:47
I updated the first post, A TON. you can now see the full storyline, etc.

WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE HAS BEEN CANCELLED.

Guess what? The multiplayer demo is getting pushed back a couple weeks.
WHY:
I've decided to add 4 new "unique" units to the game (okay, one of them isn't new). They are: missle barrage launcher, strategic missile launcher(notnew), great dark crystal, and (currently undecided, weaker yet unique fluffum unit...) you can only build one of each, and each one has a little button next to it that is red if you can't fire it (it isnt charged) and green if you can, The missile barrage launcher human weapon is a large missile device aimed up 45 degrees at the sky. When you click the button, it fires a ton of missiles (like 9 or so) into the sky, and they fly down with super accuracy and totally ruin the enemies base. Seems cheap, right? its called using force feild generators and using smaller fluffums as sheilds. These missiles look for and fly toward walls, so they arent meant to bust up units. Theyre wall destroyers.
You already know how the strategic missile launcher works (by the way, in the first demo, it glitches when you build it and builds way below the cursor and you get no money back when you sell it. Its fixed now, of course.)
The great dark crystal for the fluffums, when activated, opens up a massive spawnhole in the middle of the battlefield and sends a massive surge of fluffums out of it, and then closes.
the last fluffum unit will either be a special general fluffum type thing, a space artillery barrage or something like so.
Each of these is very expensive to buy and takes a long time to charge, but will die in one shot (this causes players to only build them after they have a sufficient base) and will die in a big explosion that hurts.

the actual
TO DO BEFORE THE MULTIPLAYER DEMO RELEASE:

not pain embracers - they have been cancelled and are for campain only. They are very cheap-o. Super powered.
crystal stabalizers.
a week of polishing.
So the multiplayer demo will be out sooner than expected. But still in a week or two or so.

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 01:54 Edited at: 20th Dec 2007 01:55
early merry christmas (in american... happy christmas for you other people)
crystal stabalizers are extremely close to being finished, but need some more work.
SOLDIER NOW HAVE LEGS, ARMS, AND NEW COOLER GUNS, AND LOOK TOWARDS THE ENEMY, AND HAVE SHOT RECOIL!!!! see the screen.
ship missiles done, other tons of stuff done, getting very close.
This post was made to hold the screen of the new soldiers. (which will be up somewhat soon(tommorowish))
Night glow added to bullets when at night.
new, improved physics eliminate the little space under soldiers AND doesnt allow you to "hang" soldiers by their heads.

Attachments

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 06:26 Edited at: 20th Dec 2007 06:26
hi, i just DL'd the 1.61 demo and it won't run:

Virtual Nomad
AMD XP 1800+ (~1.6 Ghz) / 1.5 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 8700LE 128 MB / Windows XP

Attachments

n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 22:03
If it was an unexpected eror, then how do expect Zeke to know??

demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 22:12
Quote: "early merry christmas (in american... happy christmas for you other people)"

...because it's only americans who say merry christmas, obviously...

Anyway, what happened to all the pictures man? I swear you used to have a few on here, this was such a pretty thread and now I count a grand total of 0 pictures!

"A West Texas girl, just like me"
-Bush
SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Dec 2007 22:27 Edited at: 20th Dec 2007 22:33
AH HA! somebody else got that error. It only happened before on two computers, and errors that fall under the catagory of "unexpected error" are problems with the computer system. I have no Idea, but those other computers could run other games made in game maker, so it may have to do with the build of the game itself, and I hope to have much more understanding of this in the future. Since you had that error, it would be helpful if you posted your computer specs, especially the videocard. You dont have to if you dont want to, of course. And since that demo is so old, you can also just wait for the multiplayer one.

??? grand total of 0 pictures??? I havn't removed any, cept for the first post to make room for the demo (which is really old).
But, it may be because you dont notice that I dont put the pictures within the actual post, they are all attachments that you need to click "view" to see.

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 00:09 Edited at: 21st Dec 2007 00:11
i always include my system specs. see my sig?
i will re-try when a new demo is released.

Virtual Nomad
AMD XP 1800+ (~1.6 Ghz) / 1.5 GB RAM
ATI Radeon 8700LE 128 MB / Windows XP
demons breath
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 00:18
Oh yeah, that might be it... sorry

"A West Texas girl, just like me"
-Bush
Dr Schnitzengruber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 02:53
I want the new demo. When do you think you could realse it

GIVE US A DEMO!!! Give Us A Demo! Give us a demo. give us a d...

zzzz

Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Dec 2007 10:52
Quote: "GIVE US A DEMO!!! Give Us A Demo! Give us a demo. give us a d..."

Yep! That's what I wanted to say. The old demo was cool enough, it would be even cooler with a multiplayer mode. Also I'm going to go to two LAN-parties (I'm not sure if this term is used outside germany... otherwise I'd say 'Network-Gaming-Meeting' Oo) withing the next two weeks... I'm sure we'd have the most fun playing fluffum war with/against each other.

SunnyKatt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Dec 2007 01:48 Edited at: 23rd Dec 2007 01:54
oops... shouldve looked at the sig...
I think i know the problem, the menu screen is at a very low resulution that is also uncomming (640 by 480) and that may screw it up and not run, so i a-need to fix it, by making a new menu room with a 1024 by 768 res like all the other screen areas.

Multiplayer demo is drawing to a close, and it is amazing. Only problem is still gettting the crystal stabalizers to work. New code includes:

instead of 6, now there are 17 different colors a fluffum can be (see screenshot)

new, better looking fluffums with claws and no pixelated effect crap, animated fireball fluffums when they cast and fire.

also I have to redesign the menu screen which will only take like 30 minutes...

woot! It will be finished in a day or two, and then I need to get over to my good friend with not-dial up internet where I can then post it. it will be posted over the second post.

ALSO: ITs not gonna work on LAN. This is non-connection multiplayer, as in the other player is right there when it goes to his turn. Sorry for the dissapointment, but its still fun as heck!

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 07:50:02
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 07:50:02