Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DBPro Coder For Hire!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2008 12:45 Edited at: 18th Aug 2008 17:23
I would like to offer some of my services to anyone who needs a coder in their team. I am doing this so I can gain more experience and hopefully get better known on these forums. I can do almost anything which is possible to do in Dark Basic Professional including, Multiplayer, Physics and Memblocks.

I will work for free on projects which will be released for free and are closed source. All I ask is that you put my name in the credits and my logo at the start. If you need me to do alot then I would like to get paid for all my time and effort.

I work best on First Person Shooters but I can also help with many other genres. I’m not very good at 2D but I do know how to use some of the 2D and Sprite commands. I also can’t do shaders; I even have trouble normal mapping a simple object! (It just turns the object blue for me:S)

some of my work can be found on the forum mainly in the WIP board but alot of the games im most proud of, I havnt posted on this forum about yet and will be posted in the next few months.

I can’t write the whole program for you but I can write parts and put in some of my own technology which I develop in my free time.

So if you’re interested, please post here, send me an email or add me on msn.

Mike Schlueter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2008 21:40
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me at all.

I'm not part of any team, and I know some basics in code (positioning objects, move a box around a map). I haven't done any coding for this, but i did make a small, random menue+fps game (with a tutorial, and code snipets) where it starts up, menue, kill a single stupid ai, and end.

The game idea did start out as a fps, but that became a little complicated with the ai and path finding. So its evolved into a 'field ops' idea, where path finding (I think any way) would be less complicated. I've designed weapons, characters, vehicles, an upgrading section, a story line that I'm happy with, even some concepts on how to code some parts of it (in words, not code), but I have no idea how to code most of it. I have concepts on how to, like using a matrix to create landscape.

So if you think you could help me, let me know.

p.s. I can also model a little, but haven't tried really to texture them, yet.

I'm Proud to Be Canadian
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 13:00
I could start you off with a basic engine, but thats all im willing to do for free.

Mike Schlueter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2008 17:07
That sounds fair.

I'm Proud to Be Canadian
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2008 02:15
Ok, please email me all the features you want me to add (not too many please) and ill get to work asap.

Zubby1970
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK Studio Always
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 00:28
matices are old hat for land scapes you need alsorts of toold really to do anything of any substance i think hiring a coder is lame, try doing it your self the gratification when the job is done will be much better too.

You need to spend about £130.00 on tools that you can buy from the game creators web site, this is what i have done and my project which soon will be showing on the forums is looking pretty awsome.

I will also be showing publishers the game soon too, as i am looking for it to get published, trust me you will be more proud of a creation you have created and once you start coding you just cant stop.

best of luck

There can only be one
kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2008 00:51 Edited at: 25th Aug 2008 00:52
I think i need to post some of my OWN work.

ONE: (i havnt updated the first post in ages so please go to the last page)
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=125048&b=8

RC Combat:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=128811&b=8

as i said in my first post; most of the work i am more proud of are quite recent and not posted on TGC yet (especially the ones with UberEngine built in)

maltese
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "RC Combat:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=128811&b=8

"

Don't you have a direct link for the second game? On mine it doesn't work. Thanks and well done with the first game.
maltese
Years of Service
User Offline
oops sorry i meant the other way round. I tried RC Combat but ONE doesn't work
Violent Pigeon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2008 18:41
Excuse me kaedroho is this offer still around, if so please contact me so that we can discuss further.

soldier_jaqqson@hotmail.com or just post here

Thank you

Svothe

kaedroho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Dec 2008 19:03
Yes, the offer is still around. What do you need?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 06:47:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 06:47:14