Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / The New Guys Guide To The Forums

Author
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 01:54 Edited at: 29th Oct 2008 22:41
Hey Guys,

I’m just going to say a few things about what new guys (aka Noobs) can do around here not to get themselves into trouble with people or worse the MODS. This hopefully will also help you out before you make a mistake. I will also give answers to all those big problems and error messages that often pop up on FPSC. I will be adding to this slowly over the next week or so as i need to sleep some time.

Things to note/do:

- First and most important THE RULES - Read them here
-Choose Username carefully - DO NOT set your username on the forum to something like “FPSC DOESNT WORK” it is stupid and you will want it changed.
- Profile image size - The images you are allowed are 50x50 px only
- Signature Image size - The images for a sig must be no bigger than 600x120 px
- Search before posting – The search bar is your best tool here many things have been answered before and a few words in the text box at bottom of every forum page can lead you straight to the answer.
- Don’t post random things – Here it is about FPSC and FPSC alone we do not care about random game releases not made in FPSC or that you made a new company or a new website unless it provides FPSC Media or services.
- Order Support – Don’t ask us about why you have not received a product even though your brought it ages ago we don’t work for TGC and won’t be able to help under the write new message box there is a link to order support click it.
- Follow Rules – Rules are NOT made to be broken at least not here you will definitely get a noob slap and maybe a ban if you do.
- Try and help – We all try to help you if your in trouble why not return the favour.
- Read the manual – Its there for a reason so use it
- Read this getting started thread - Link
- Read Nickydudes guide - This is the best guide you will find so read it here
All images must be either .jpg or .png - The forum only allows the use of jpg and png files as images threads without those file types will be locked.
Why cant i see my posts - If you cant see your posts after posting them and your a new user then its because you are on post moderation this means you must first have your posts checked to make sure your not posting bad things this stops automatically after about 10 approved posts/edits.
If you are a old user and are on post moderation it means you have been bad this can last anything from a week to a few months depending on what you did.

Things not to do:

- Swear – Swearing is not taken lightly here you will get one big noob slap of you do
- Turn into a grumpy person – We have some people that will take every chance to insult you don’t turn into one of them just get people hating you.
- Don’t post a reply if its not helping – If someone’s having trouble don’t post saying “lol” or something it doesn’t help and is very irritating.
- Post stolen material - This is against the law if you hadnt realised
- No team Requests - Team requests are not allowed in any form on the FPSC boards
- None of the following -
- spam or pyramid scheme
- post links to illegal software sites
- post links or information on pirating software
- post using someone else's identity
- post anything considered "adult" material
- post messages debating or discussing any form of religious belief or anything to do with religion
- post messages debating or discussing any form of pro or anti government sentiments
- post messages that can be, in any way at all, construed as racist or prejudice
- post messages debating or discussing any form of creationist / evolutionary theories
- post insults directed at another member or their work

Most common questions answered:

-Why does my FPSC say i have free version? – This is because V1.13 removes the serial code to make sure you have a valid copy of FPSC Can be fixed easily by going to Program Files/The Game Creators/FPS Creator/ and opening userdetails.ini and entering your serial code on correct line.
- What do i need to run FPSC X10 – I have answered this myself at this location
- I’m using FPSC X9 on Vista wont work – You need to set all the exe files in the FPS Creator Folder to run as an admin user and in Windows XP compatibility Mode to do this right click on exe and then click properties and compatibility tab at top select top check box and the bottom one if available. Every Exe must have this don’t to it.
- How can i import my model into FPSC? – Well the easiest way is at this link very easy to use and tutorials included.
- Runtime error #### could not create memblock at line ##### – This is telling you that a model is damaged and cant be opened if you just added a model/model pack remove it as it is damaged in some way you can try reinstalling if you wish. Note: the # stands for a number
- The DirectX version (X9 only)- You must have this DirectX Version it is at this link
- My video zone wont work – This is because your video isn’t the right format it must be an .avi and a codec that is used on all computers (i use DivX very good free tool)
- How do i change my username - Email a mod and they will do it for you.
- How to add a image to my signature - The code you need is

- How to add a image ti my sig with a link - The code you need is

As i said i will be adding more but have to sleep now more coming tmoa hope to make a big list.

Please post comments and ideas of what to add to list.

Jason Brook

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 02:21
Just made this post here incase i need it in future think there is a limit to number of words on each post.

zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 02:52 Edited at: 26th Oct 2008 02:55
Nice effort. Perhaps KeithC can include this in his stickied post
Just wanted to let you know I think you are missing a link here
Quote: "- How can i import my model into FPSC? – Well the easiest way is at this link very easy to use and tutorials included.
"

"When I look at that square... I wish FPSC noobs would stay on their side of the forums and stop polluting these boards." - Benjamin
Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Great! Instead of flaming the newbies link them to this to this!

Don't click the image, it links to an image hosting site!
Rampage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 06:24
Yes! Finally, lets hope they pay attention to this one

[url=][/url][href]http://www.rampagemod.webs.com[\href]
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 12:10 Edited at: 26th Oct 2008 12:12
zenassem - thanks for report mate will fix when i come online later.

EDIT: Changed that now and scanning forums for more interesting stuff to add.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 13:12
Hmm, the size limit on avatars isn't really that true, mines 64^2, it's just that it gets compressed, so the quality gets reduced......

Good idea though...

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 14:51
Nice one, although many users have tried this in a similar way, newcomers rarely care to read the stickies, and are way to hurried in demanding answers, Hell... They aint just demanding, they will nag you untill you tell them how redicilous they are, and explain it to them, instead of them reading a single page of the manual...

Nice effort though, but it's likely it'll be burried and forgotten soon.

zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 16:03
Quote: "Nice one, although many users have tried this in a similar way, newcomers rarely care to read the stickies, and are way to hurried in demanding answers, Hell... They aint just demanding, they will nag you untill you tell them how redicilous they are, and explain it to them, instead of them reading a single page of the manual..."

And that's why I am all for forums that require you to take a test before allowing you to post!

"When I look at that square... I wish FPSC noobs would stay on their side of the forums and stop polluting these boards." - Benjamin
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 16:19
coffeegrunt - true i will see if i can change it to something a bit better.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 18:45
I made something exactly like this a while back and got flamed for it and it got locked.

^ Click on my SIG! ^
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 18:54
@ FPSCX10 LORD: It's fine

@ Robert F: Thats weird wonder why they did that always need threads like this they help loads of people out.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 19:30 Edited at: 26th Oct 2008 19:31
yeh i guess you have a point there i think that it should be set so you must read and accept certain threads before you can see the rest of the forums.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 22:08
You could always have it changed to "FREE MEDIA FOR YOUR GAME! NEWBIES ONLY!" But then we can only hope that they make the connection from "media" to "something I am interested in"

@Jason:

I'm being a lil' nit picky here but the sig image size is "600x120"... remember that width always comes first.

That last thing we want is someone actually making a 120x600 image and using it in their sig.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Oct 2008 22:24
Yeh thanks ply that was mistake i knew about width first will edit.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2008 13:06
BUMP

and what do you think i should change name to make it more inviting to those new guys.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2008 15:37
OK mods can you please rename this thread to

FREE STUFF FOR YOUR GAMES

Hope that will work

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 00:49
Quote: "OK mods can you please rename this thread to

FREE STUFF FOR YOUR GAMES

Hope that will work
"

I changed the name because I thought it would be funny I'll change it back later on though...

I also tidied the thread up slightly to get rid of pointless posts (see what I did there? Well unless you saw the deleted posts you won't, but trust me it's super funny!)...

"Quoting yourself is stupid and self-centered"-Thraxas
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 01:03
Thanks Thraxas, now it looks like a "Let's Slag the Noobs" thread lol...

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 04:20
Quote: "Thanks Thraxas, now it looks like a "Let's Slag the Noobs" thread lol..."

I hadn't noticed that So now I've tidied it up a bit more so it doesn't read like an attack the noobs thread

"Quoting yourself is stupid and self-centered"-Thraxas
noobgamer
Years of Service
User Offline
so there isnt any free stuff.

UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM HI.
Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 05:36 Edited at: 28th Oct 2008 05:38
Quote: "so there isnt any free stuff."

You get the free stuff when you finish reading the whole guide...

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Oct 2008 06:36
@noobgamer:

In the first post it tells you how to get the free stuff!

Don't believe me? Read it for yourself and find out!

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "- Profile image size - The images you are allowed are 25x25 px only"

Correction its 50x50.

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-Butterfingers
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2008 22:41
ok thanks for correction Deathead will edit

and

Thraxas thanks for cleaning up a bit

Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Jason, can you also add something like: If you have a bug report, make sure you post it in the FPSC bug reports, not The Dark Basic bug reports.

rolfero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 10:03
Thanks! I'm gonna bookmark this page, as I am a new guy. After I read the whole thread, I can say that it would be much more cooler if the name were "FREE STUFFS COME NEW PPL" forever. But that's just my opinion.

DA ROLFERO
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2008 00:33
sorry long absence will make a few changes when im back on my pc i may get name changed

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:36:27
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:36:27