Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2009 03:13 Edited at: 4th May 2009 06:16
HEY im starting to make The Dead Live again! I have been working on it very hard and i've learned from alot of my mistakes that i did in my first attempt at making this so be pre-prepared to be amazed.

Updated DEMO 1!!!
*this demo is pretty out of date have made alot of changes to these levels**
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5NRLNTP9

*updates*
-added more on to first level
-better texture quality
-new models
-more zombies
-mostly everything that Butt monkey said has been fixed

Here is the story:

The Dead Live

*UPDATED April 22,2009*

A Mentally Ill man has broken out of a Mental Intrustion and has been wondering and killing inasent people in Hellsion. He is helping more Mental and Killers break out of there Intrustions and has been getting deadly desises in to peoples bodys and to make them become mutated and deformed the Desises has been released into the air you can not see the gas in the air in the day time but when the moon rises you can see the gas in the air creating a fog in the air this is making the dieses spread faster though the area and the U.S but it takes longer to go though you system and to your brain.

You are playing as a man that lives in Hellsion named Rick. He is cop that works in the area you have a basically normal life. Intell everything changes one afternoon the T.V, Radio and Phone lines have been down for weeks now and there was no way to inform the people of hellsion of this Apocalypse happening all over the U.S. So while you were sleeping in the afternoon while the sun was setting because you work the night shift you were woken up by growling and things breaking only to find that your Wife is not in the house but someone or something else was. You will have to save yourself and help the other people that havent been infected yet.

Will you survive the Apocalypse?

Now, i know there is alot of zombie games out there but I am going to do everything i can to make this game as different and as unique as possible for you guys to enjoy it.

Progress of levels/Chapters
(Completed=/WIP=)
1st Chapter
Level 1=100%
Level 2=100%
Level 3=90%
2nd Chapter
Level 1=70%
Level 2=
Level 3=
Level 4=

There will be 5 or more chapters

First Level

Hallway Upstairs

Living Room

Bedroom

outside allyway

Seconded Level

3rd Level

These are the Most updated Pictures

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
I remember this game...

The first screen looks...empty.
Silver Eye Productions
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Mar 2009 16:19
Nice!

S.E.P
FPS Creator - New Project
Dead Walks

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Mar 2009 17:54
Mental Instrution? spoof of Serious Sam 2 final level Mental Institution? anyways looks good but why is there a tank burning?

A.K.A. chargerbandit
Halfpastundead
Years of Service
User Offline
dj master - looks like a car to me.

Looks great so far, maybe just add a few more light sources.
beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
yea thanks for the comments

and DJ Master that is a car. you dont start out in a mental Instrution either its the guys home.

and ik i have to add more lights and stuff to the level but i just wanted to get some screenies because it takes so long for the light mapping to go though in the test game.

and POK i remember you lol and this is the same game with the same story but im mixing up things inside the level and making the level well the first one anyway way more shorter.

And if anyone would like to help me with the segments for the floor and walls that would be much apprecated because i used to have Magic FPSC for that but that was about a year ago and i might buy it again but im not sure so if anyone wants to help me with the segments. plz email me or just messege me.

thanks for the Comments.

beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2009 05:00 Edited at: 13th Apr 2009 08:17
heres some more screenies of the 1st level

*Added/Adding*=Done=WIP=not doing
More Lights(dynamic/static)
Changed Kitchen,Basement,Bedroom
Added more things to the outside
Added some triggers(still more to do)
More triggers(Popups,things walking across screen etc.
more wall and floor segments

Has been updated check first post for most udated screenies from the first level

And really if anyone wants to help me with the segments plz email me.

and does anyone know where i can find that horror turtoial on like triggers and stuff i found it once but i cant remember where.

still have alot of work to do but there will be screenies of the seconed level and in the next post im going to talk about how im going to set up the levels.

beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay how im setting up the "levels" and the game for that matter first of all

Im breaking the game up into chapters yes kinda like GoW or RE.
and i am doing this because i think this is really going to lower the polly count for the levels and reduse alot of lag.

Because for my first try at making this game i had the house that im showing you for the first level BUT I had more i had a big map with a road and some houses but the level wasnt really interactive meaning that there was really only a couple things to do, get ur gun then go to ur neibors house kill the zombies in his house then go to a hotal.(but getting to that place there was nothing(yes no zombies in the street). So it was very frustrating and boaring for me and probaly alot of people. so i think that doing this will make in way more lag free and fun for alot of people.

So I will add the chapter and level procress in my first post.

and i will be giving you guys more details on this as the game goes further.

beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
alright i have just bought Magic FPS so i will be adding better wall and floor segments to the game!

but can anyone tell me how to fix this problum when ever i click on anything like outside texture or prefs etc. then it brings up an error saying

Component'COMBLEG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered:a file is missing or invaild

if anyone knows what to do to fix this plz help

Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2009 04:49
Is that shotgun from MP5 or did you get it from the store?

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/3485/signature0bg.gif
beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
the shotgun is from MP5 yes

Halfpastundead
Years of Service
User Offline
Those last few shots are awesome, can't wait to blow away some zombies! It never gets old. Nice job, very night of the living dead.
beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
haha okay anyone else commenting would really love the feedback and suggestions.

and does anyone know where i can find like a horror turtoial for like the triggers i found one a while ago but i cant seem to find it and i kinda forgot all the stuff lol. that would very helpful

Halfpastundead
Years of Service
User Offline
try in the community guide

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=131868&b=21

there is a few horror related tuts in there
beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
never mind finally found it i guess the guy who made it quit game making so it wasnt on the forums anymore but i found it!

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2009 18:07
Looks good.

Whatever you do though, please don't have zombies spawning behind the player.
beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
lol i was just thinking of doing that why not??

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 01:08
Because it isn't scary... It's just annoying...
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
How bout this, put a stash of ammo on a table in a corner or something, and make sure they can see it. When they go to get it, have zombies spawn behind them, so when they turn around they get a surprise.
Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 02:19
Also, try to mix up the zombies. Like if you have MP22, use the er... Straight-jacket guys, and chainsaw brute.

beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
yea POK thats what i was thinking of doing.

and Bendak yeah im going to probaly buy that pack later im getting GH:Metallica on sunday so i might get it later in the week or so.

The first level is almost done I got alot of segments and stuff that really bring life to the house instead of just the old WW2 segments and i got triggers and all that.

Will have screenies up real soon.

beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 06:38 Edited at: 24th Apr 2009 05:17
alright heres the new screenes

Has been udated check first post for most up to date screenies of the first level

Check First Post or Last post for Most up to date Screenies

Comments or suggestions would be greatly apreasheated!

Thanks

Plz comment and leave suggestions

dont get me wrong i still need to add more light sources in some spots of the level.

Sorry if the images are kinda dark its not that dark in game but im still going to bump up the light thing to like 7 or 8.[b]

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 08:32
you should change the light color from yellow to somthing like 8a0ffff for a more realistic yet creepy look.
just my thought

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]
swamidude
Years of Service
User Offline
I am liking what I can see!
A little suggestion, perhaps yo can do a hall, with a gantry ringing round the edges on top, with a view down, and there are zombies guarding on the gantries. Then the player has a choice of method:
They can march in and blow everyone to pieces,
OR
they could sneak around through ventilation shafts and things, and knife the enemies in the backs!
What do you think?

Shiv

There is nothing to fear in life... except your mum!!
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 28th Mar 2009 12:33
i know how you can fix your magicfps,simply google that missing file,download it and put it in magicfps folder

A.K.A. chargerbandit
Halfpastundead
Years of Service
User Offline
Beachard5, I would make your light range a bit bigger, it would be more realistic. Plus there should be a lot of light coming from that fireplace. Just a suggestion
beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2009 05:15 Edited at: 24th Apr 2009 05:16
Even more updated pictures from the first level chapter one.

i think i added a little too many light sources but i dont know

Thanks

TIN
Years of Service
User Offline
sounds a little like postal 2 aw zombie mod from the discription.
the images look good i hope ill be playing this sometime soon.
Halfpastundead
Years of Service
User Offline
fireplace looks a lot better, cool. A demo anytime soon?
gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2009 05:21
i like it! however i have one more suggestion.
for the ceiling light(s), give it a shader to make it look as dark as the rest of the level.

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]
beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
yea gorba flamingo how do you do that sorry havent been doing this since last year so forgot alot of stuff.

And yes there will be a demo soon right when im done with the first chapter probaly 3 or 4 levels.

beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2009 00:43 Edited at: 24th Apr 2009 05:16
hello again heres some more pictures of the

2ND LEVEL!!!

sorry it toke so long ive been very busy latly

now theres a bunch of different was you can go though this part of the chapter you can go though the shop and up the stairs to the roof or you can go though the ally. When your on the roof you can jump down to the ally or you can go though a store. a bunch of possablitys

Now this level is far from done sill has alot of bugs from when i tested it and alot of things that just isnt done yet but i do have level design almost done so heres some pics

plz comment would be very helpful

Thanks

plz leave some suggestions i will add some more pictures as i fix the level and update it

beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
no comments or suggestions it looks that bad

beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
hello everyone i wish you guys would comment on the screenies or somthing but w.e

I have just purchesed model pack 22 and 3 so you will see alot of different zombies and enimes and just more things in the level that are different.

The seconed level is coming along very nicely and i will have more screenies up soon and i might even have a video up.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2009 01:37
I think your game looks good. the outside looks pretty creepy. cant wait to play it.

more than what meets the eye
Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2009 01:53
One tip, try not to mix model packs. The baseball bat is wearing gloves, but hte pistol and shotgun is barehanded
beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Bendak11

I dont have that baseball bat in there anymore

thanks for the comments i will have a video of some sorts up soon

2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
If u r looking for comments, suggestions,...etc., i have the same problem with my page. NEway, that game looks like it could use some sort of xtreme FX. have you considered downloading omega mod for bloom, antialiasing, motion blur and whatever else it does without slowing down your framerates?

Rogue
beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
umm were do you download that mod?

beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everybody i know not alot of people have been commenting but Im still working on the game.

since this part of the chapter(level 2) is to complex for me to just post pictures i made a video for you guys

Sorry for the graphical glitches they have been fixed and the framrate is just because of Fraps trust me i have played this map way to many times and never had framrate badly

please comment could really use the feedback and i know this game isnt as exciting as the other games in Procress right now.

beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2009 08:03 Edited at: 17th Apr 2009 10:50
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool! I really like how you set up the city environment! Your other scenes look A LOT better than the other version you were doing, better lighting etc.
beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2009 09:47 Edited at: 24th Apr 2009 05:18
Alright guys heres some screenies of the 3rd level Chapter 1

This is kinda the same thing as the 2nd level chapter 1 where you have 2 different ways to go you can go though the warehouse first floor or you can go up onto the platforms in the warehouse and go though the hallways of the warehouse your choice!

Thanks POK for the Fog script if you dont want me using the script just tell me and i will delete it from the levels i wont be using it in every level just the outdoor ones.

Thanks

When im done with the chapter i will release a demo and i think this level is the last part to the chapter we will see

EDIT:I was just looking over my other post with my first attempt at this game and i just have to say thank you to Puppy of Kosh, Butt monkey, CoffeeGrunt and anyone on that post that helped me with that game and just FPSC in general you really helped me out with everything and im going to not stop with the game devolment this time

Ik theres not many people support this game but im still trying and im having alot of fun with this now that i have the hang of this and can make some really good levels(i think). All thanks to those people in my first The Dead Live post.
Thanks alot!

Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2009 13:53
Thanks for the mention!

I liked the video, especially the first big scene with all the fire etc. One thing I DID notice though was that the enemies never responded to your presence. It was like a shooting gallery. None of them moved until you attacked. Perhaps you can try and fix that? Alot of enemies is all well and good but when it gets to the point that you can simple walk past them it gets a bit silly.
beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks butt monkey yea you know i think i fixed that problum.
It took me a while to try and figure out why they arnt moving but i think i have fixed it.

More screenies on the level 3 chapter 1 still to come

Shaka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2009 22:03
This looks really good Beachard 5!! I love the fog aspect of it the most. It really adds a sense of realism and suspense to your game. Please keep updating the screenys when ever possible so we can all see how production is going! Keep up the good work, Shaka.

beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 00:30 Edited at: 24th Apr 2009 05:19
heres some more pictures of the 3rd level chapter 1

Sorry if anyone knows how to fix this when i use full light mapping it stops on Waiting for threads to finish so i had to put it on Quick light mapping.

but heres the screenies

Thanks

please leave feedback could really use the suggestions for this part of the level

Thanks

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Likin the third screeny.
Butt monkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2009 01:53
Quote: "Sorry if anyone knows how to fix this when i use full light mapping it stops on Waiting for threads to finish so i had to put it on Quick light mapping."

Are you sure it has stopped? Generally I find that if I have a large level with lots of light it will pause on "Waiting for threads to finish". You should try it on full again and leave it for a good 2 - 3 hours and see if it loads. From now on obviously keep it at "Quick lightmapping" to save time.
beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the comments guys and butt monkey ill try that maybe later tonight.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:57:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:57:26