Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / fallout of humanity...demo 1a

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 21:37 Edited at: 16th Sep 2009 13:13

[center]The story is secret but it's about after the 3rd world war and how humans manage to survive in a world with no food no water the game is a survival game not shooting everything you see you will have to find keys suplies and in the end you will find out that not only humans fight for earth....Sory i dont wanna tel anything else i keep it for the time i will finish it and upload it...
the game will have 20 0r 25 levels.....and will be almost open world i know how this sounds but i found a way to do this...i took down cause the game has been changed in many ways
[/center]The final release of the game: 10.10.2009 oktober 10 2009
here is the gamse blog where i will be updating the games progress making of videos gameplay videos and much more
the demo3b download link: http://www.2shared.com/file/7313076/e12cc6ab/first_level_test.html The trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnt077We_eo
Gameplay:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EyvT9DEDpE

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 21:55
eh hem... (put on nerdy voice)

for your work in progress to be valid, you MUST include:

.some form of screenshot (you can do this easily by print screening in-game, pasting it onto paint, saving it as a .jpg, then attaching it to your post.

.some form of storyline.

this aside, i'm downloading now...

shadowfire productions - where everything's awesome
(please tell me if anything i have said is non-constructive)
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 22:39
right, well i just played it, so prepare for some C&C...

GOOD:
.i absolutely loved the enviroments, the outside levels looked great, and they are very tricky to pull off.
.the use of custom scripts was great, and how on earth did you manage to simulate and earthquake, create a talking system and put in a video at the begginging?

BAD:
.LAG. the game was very lagging the whole way through. you might want to try lowering the light or texture quality.
.where are the guns? i had to run through the enemies becuase i couldn't find any guns.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2009 23:05
I'm not downloading yet... maby becouse I don't know ANYTHING about the game yet... So please,some screenies, some of a story... And so on...

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
well shadowfire this is the demo and i didnt puted the level in witch you learn how to play u press m and the map will show you where the guns are....and about the lag i know i really want to find a way to solve this problem...i used everything that i know to do this demo...the game will be soon for all of you....

divernika
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 01:54
looks interesting. Fallout 3 inspired much?

beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 02:09 Edited at: 4th Jul 2009 02:11
if you use a mod that might fix the lag because it gives you more fps. like EFX mod or project blue or you could just wait for Wizmod thats what i would do they give you alot of extra fps like 165 fps. that would fix the lag.

I cant seem to download the demo i dont know where the download button is on that site.

EDIT: nvm found it very small download button on that site werid

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "looks interesting. Fallout 3 inspired much?
"
yes when i finish the game i will write a huge thanks to fallout for giving me such a big inspiration
Quote: "I cant seem to download the demo i dont know where the download button is on that site."
it is down at the end of the page ...

divernika
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
well play the game and give me your opionion plz...

divernika
beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
wow that was very.

very nice enviurment and nice lighting i had a steady framrate of 38 the whole time. Loved the interations with the people.

things that would be good to change or add:

Change the valt tec 3000 overlay for the map maybe use like a normal map on paper and have it be ripped up.

put some more people in that beginning room kinda acting like survivers.

if you can re texture. re-texture the guns to make the rusty and old.

If you can add some things around the outside of the map like after you leave the building with the gun. add some lik hill or rubble around the outside of that wall. or buildings.

everything else is really cool.

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 03:05 Edited at: 4th Jul 2009 03:07
Quote: "Change the valt tec 3000 overlay for the map maybe use like a normal map on paper and have it be ripped up. "
i will change the pipboy....and i will make a normall riped map....

divernika
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
dont forget to coment...

divernika
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 11:15
try using something like project blue, i used it in one of my games and the lag dissapeared.

alimpo83
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I've played and finished it.

I've finished Fallout 3 last week on the PS3, so I'm familiar with the game.
You try to get a Fallout-esque look to it, but you should try to make your own game, based on your ideas! Just an idea

As a review:

GRAPHICS:
As for the graphics, you have some areas in the level that blend correctly, others that seem just overcrowded with models. Like an example, the room where you start the level is simple but well done. As you get outside, you see lots of models and lots of shadows that don't seem realistic.Take a look at other games or reference photos, or even go outside and look at the shadows of cars, objects, and people.
Some objects, like windows and so, are not well placed and cause the game to look ugly in those parts.
Your retexturing skills are reasonable.

Graphics:4/10

SOUND
Average, it would be nice to add voices, since you use basic NPCs.

Sound:5/10

GAMEPLAY
Average FPS play with the two NPC's. It's good to have NPC's to add extra realism to a game. Thumbs up for that. As for the rest, it's pretty much fight your way through 5 or 6 enemies.

Gameplay:6/10

OVERALL: 5/10
It's probably your first test, and it's not bad!Hope my tips help.

Alien and Wrecked Building Packs here: http://www.freewebs.com/alimpo83
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2009 22:19
@alimpo

i think that's a bit harsh, my first FPSC game, dead ship, was nowhere near as good as that! i think we need to cut him some slack.

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
i want to play dead ship...i love playing games made by other users even if tey are not so good.....

divernika
alimpo83
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not being harsh, I'm not saying "your game is crap" or "your game is good", I'm doing constructive critics to his work.

Alimpo83

Alien and Wrecked Building Packs here: http://www.freewebs.com/alimpo83
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
well i will have at list 30 npc's and this will require alot of work to make it logikal that you can go any time to anyone and that what they will say will make sence.....

divernika
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 03:26
Screenshots look interesting, I`m downloading...

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2009 15:38
Quote: "i want to play dead ship...i love playing games made by other users even if tey are not so good....."

go to the work in progress section... i think it's on page 3 or 4.

it says "dead ship level download"

but play darkest depths, that's better. (it's on page 1)

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
I think i should move the game to dx10 should i do that or not what do you think?

divernika
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 20:02 Edited at: 8th Jul 2009 20:02
well, it's up to you really, x10 is probbably a better idea for the kind of game that you want to make.

Coming soon: what lies beneath. (no thread will be made)
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2009 22:28
Maybe, if you do, then it would be an opportunity to take advantage of shaders, and you should get better performance.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 00:20
he's dead right.

Coming soon: what lies beneath.
check out the official thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153893&b=25
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 01:21 Edited at: 9th Jul 2009 01:23
Quote: "he's dead right."
wahhh??
well i dont know..for some reasons i believe that x9 is better for characters scripts and things like that.....for this game i will stay with x9...but the second fallout of humanity will be x10 this will give me time to ge to know x10 better

divernika
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 19:13
good idea.

Coming soon: what lies beneath.
check out the official thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153893&b=25
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
22 downloads...hmm plz all of you that download the game say if the demo is interesting........

divernika
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
does anybody even want to play the game?

divernika
Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 02:32 Edited at: 11th Jul 2009 02:41
Don't get me wrong, it looks very interesting, but if i play it it I'll end up screaming your ear off about how off it is compared to Fallout 3
I love fallout 3 way too much...

Ah don't sweat I'll download soon enough

EDIT: Off Topic, Was not aware of the signature image size limit
Sorry, hope this one's allright

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 03:13
It ran pretty slow on my laptop, but its not the best in the world really. Anyways, it was alright. I like the atmosphere and indoor lighting, but I didn't like how you did the map. How about just making it paper, like someone said above, instead of the pip-boy. The enemies didn't really fit in, I would've made them like (whatever you're calling your replacement for the ghoul). Good luck man.

Cheers.

Ekipshi
Years of Service
User Offline
Hmm, not bad. I do have quite a few things, but I'm just a nitpicky guy

The good: Great Atmosphere, the detail, the music (From Fallout 1 isn't it? ) On average ran very smoothly on my computer, love the chat system Fair Gunplay,

Allright the.. not so good: LOADING TIME! Took forever, try to tone it down some .

This may not be bad but annoyed me , Saying the 3rd response looking for a gun to kill you is somthing i would say in any game and so would many others lol, she insta-kills you, what is she a psychic?

When there's holes in the outer walls or fences, try to put stuff behind them so it's not the end of the "world"

The sky nearly took a crap on my head? The random dropping debris out of the sky?

Make the gun fit in don't just have a random gun in a closet with a crapload of ammo just sitting on the floor

Ok, sorry you had to sit through my ranting

Just tryin to help you make it even better All in all really not bad

7.5/10

All the best

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Ekiphsi:
ohhh thanks man really apreciate it.....that's the first test demo...i have done many changes...that's way i did uploaded to get people to tell me what to fix what they didnt like etc...I really appreciate your coments...thanks

Quote: "I'll end up screaming your ear off about how off it is compared to Fallout 3"
if my game is even worth of compering to fallout3 i am the happiest game creator here.....

Quote: "Allright the.. not so good: LOADING TIME! Took forever, try to tone it down some"
the loading is my biggest enemy..

coach shogan:
Quote: "How about just making it paper, like someone said above, instead of the pip-boy."
yes i will make change the map....I found a way to convert the fallout3 game models to x files but wont go that way 1:copyright laws 2:copyright laws 3:laws of copyrighting....haha those models came with x10 and they are semi zombie bots....i will think of changing them

divernika
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
and for all of you to know ther will be one and only test demo release before the game and only 1....It will be the same map but most the part's that you didnt liked will be changed

divernika
Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 20:06
Alright, good luck man. I knew those were from x10.

Quote: "I found a way to convert the fallout3 game models to x files but wont go that way 1:copyright laws 2:copyright laws 3:laws of copyrighting"

I know you said your not going to, but I'm still gonna say this, please don't. I hate it when people rip models and claim them as they're own. I also hate it when people rip models, and think that it's legal because they're giving credit to the original author. Thank you for respecting laws.

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I hate it when people rip models and claim them as they're own"
i hate that 2...i try to make the game as authentic as i can....i feel bad for having music from fallout 1 but i will try to make my own that will give the same ambience....i made the game not to be riped in any section....i mean i want it to make like i was inspired from fallout not to make a fallout game.....if you anderstand me..

divernika
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 03:55 Edited at: 19th Jul 2009 10:23
\

divernika
nismoZ31
Years of Service
User Offline
A friend of mine has FPSC x9, and I've also been playing with the demo. From what I can tell it needs a option to change screen resolution, as most people run their desktops in a high resolution (like myself at 1280x1024, which really isnt that high anymore), then FPSC runs the games at desktop resolution. The ability to run lower resolutions without changing your desktop resolution would greatly help lag, hence why professional games have this option?
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 10:05
It's in the setup.ini, in the width and height fields...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
yes i know....the thing is that i like it to be even bigger like my scrren takes 1440-900 and i play all my games at that resolution for some magic reason the lag of the game in my pc stoped...i have no idea why the game doesn't lag anymore......

divernika
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
They way i thgough about this is that it will take me another month or two to get to finish the game....i will need your support and i am thinking i should sell it for a low price...not shoure yet...i need your opinion.....

divernika
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 17:53
It's looking great but don't sell it. It's waaay to much Fallout 3.

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
ohh i got soooo many isues right now with the game.....i wont sell it....ohh and does anybody know why some times loading is going slow...i mean what dpes it load?is it lightmapping?

divernika
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2009 05:55
Your screenshot of the street looks fantastic.

However, this isn't very creative given you've nearly copied Fallout.... you even have fallout in the name lol.

But, I think your screenshots look incredible.
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2009 15:25 Edited at: 14th Jul 2009 15:34
whel to be ohnest i wanted this to happen i know it's very close to fallout.....I Liked the game and it's in some way a fallout made in fpsc....but everything is diffrent meaning models and this kind of things are different....Also i try to make a very difficult to program game like fallout 3 to see what fpsc can do.....I found out that there are many ways to trick fpsc so you can get the results that we saw on call of duty and fallout and other great games...I dont say i am the best game maker in fact i dont know nothing yet but if i am to make a game i will {try} to get the best results..With a big help from the forum some help from fallout 3 and ohter games,personal research and and spending some time just to think ways to make something on fpsc to look like it's doing something else then the game will stand up to my expectations.....ohhh sory for being sooo lame...i just want to share my personal experience dooring game creation...thanks everybody who coment the game and help me to get better....

divernika
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Sooo i forgot to say some news i added the cash system were you earn money from side missions:in some mission you will have to collect some ites or kill some body and many other stufs...to buy some cool weapons...Also new compass system that i havent finished yet but i am on a good stage of developing...I changed the pip boy to a normal riped map...new sounds for characters and for the player...The good and the same time bad thing is that with all this i spended a two months to develop 5 levels...

divernika
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
ok news:i have done allot of progress here i just need help with the loading i fixed the lag....does anyone know what if fpsc loading so icould find a way to make it faster?

divernika
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
i finally did it i made it third person yeahhh....i think i am the first on here with a third person game......yes....haha....it will be on the demo....

divernika
beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
any new areas or screens you could give us?

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline

...how about those two?

divernika
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 09:56
Quote: "i finally did it i made it third person yeahhh....i think i am the first on here with a third person game......yes....haha....it will be on the demo...."

You used Blue Mod or somehow got an early copy of WizMod?

WizMod Developer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 10:08:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 10:08:12