Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 07:49 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2009 07:44
Concept

Our concept is a fast easy way to solve problems, while having a flexible system.

We are a group of people out there to help our visitors, to slay the bugs from hell or at least try.

We welcome all from TGC whether they use other products rather than DBP, we will even try to help people with 3d and 2d stuff, as long as they stay within the rules...

Solution

A website with an IM widget, tutorials and a place to get ur project featured (if you meet the requirements)

Links
The website is now up and running, come and see it here http://dbpbuddies.co.cc/

Next Steps

The next things that need to be done are -
* User Added Projects/Tutorials
* Ticket help system

DBP - Buddies Staff
* Wickedly Kick It - Founder
* Lucifer1101 - Co-Founder

etc etc

Have a nice day

Lucifer1101 DBP Buddies Co-Founder

bobbel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 09:07
Sounds cool, looking forward to the website!

Your signature was erased by a mod because you copied mine!
wickedly kick it
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 09:20
I'll be designing/creating the actual website itself, so you know its good!

lucifer 1101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 09:40
first post updated, added 'how to register your nickname' and a list of current staff for the DBP - Buddies
Burning Feet Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 09:48
I'm in! Sounds great, any kind of support is fantastic. Good game!
wickedly kick it
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2009 07:35
Currently we are even thinking of expanding to any language from python to c++, just need some volunteers after the site is setup!

bobbel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2009 09:10
Count me in, i'd love to volunteer

Oh No, there's too much blood in my caffeine system!
Stack Overflow: Too many pancakes...
The programmer's national anthem is 'AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH'. -Weinberg, p.152
wickedly kick it
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2009 21:23
Alright We are waiting for the host to activate our account... it is taking forever, i placed a complaint we will see if it isnt setup in another day, im switching to a different host.

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2009 21:40 Edited at: 19th Jul 2009 21:40
Quote: "im switching to a different host."

After you just paid the current one?

In case you are using a free hosting service which seems unreliable, I have some webspace standing about that I don't use and could possibly offer up for you.

lucifer 1101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 03:13 Edited at: 20th Jul 2009 03:14
NEWS FLASH!
Our hosting has finally come through..

CMK (Wickedly Kick It) has been hard at work trying to setup the site to the way we need it. Once the site is at a reliable functioning level it will be posted about here..

Please if you have any ideas, dont hesitate to post them here or have a chat with me or CMK on msn or the chat widget..

EDIT: Rudolpho thankyou for the offer but we are ok now..

lucifer 1101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 03:12
Excellent, our website is now up and running here http://cmk.ceege.net/dbp/, please come and visit if you have the time...

wickedly kick it
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 03:24
Hi, I'm CMK in case your not sure but currently the site is having some bugs i can only fix by re-uploading the website, and it should be finished soon, and the new URL will be http://dbpbuddies.co.cc.

So far the website is in working order, but we still are working on it, so dont expect the website to be full o' features yet. We are still writing/installing modifications and essential components to add things like project submissions and whatnot.

Also a note: The chat is open to anyone for now, but you will have to signup when i get the signups working 100% to chat with us.

lucifer 1101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 05:32
Ok we are moving along now, the website is down for a little while but will be back soon (we expect this may happen a few times before the website is pretty much complete..

Anyway we are now after some content, so if you have any tutorials full programs or WIP's (games, utilities etc etc...) please send them our way and we will place them on the website with your permission of course...

wickedly kick it
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 05:56
The Re-installation is finished now! So enjoy, it is pretty much done, i am implementing a project submission form now, so it may be a while before it is finished.

But join the chat, post here if you have a tutorial to post! Signup, you should work fine now, if you have any troubles post here!

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 08:15
Hello %username, I am here to spam the crap out of this thread so we can blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, http://blah.blah.com/, the pizzas will be delive... oops, wrong template text... we at pinata games don't actually care about your project so we'll happily spam it anyway and add your name and a small sentence at the end with typos and grammatical errors to make it not look like complete spam.

Threads you spammed: [1][2][3][href=http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=135877&b=8&p=7
[4][/href][5][6]

Great start to the site by the way; by making people NOT want to go there, why didn't you just harvest our e-mail from the forum and mass-mail everyone? Or maybe you did... /me checks E-mail.

lucifer 1101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 08:19
as stated in some of those threads i have apologised for my mistake and have made sure i would not do it again, please edit your post the demage has been done and i already felt stupid for my mistake...

wickedly kick it
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 08:23 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2009 08:27
Quote: "Hello %username, I am here to spam the crap out of this thread so we can blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, http://blah.blah.com/, the pizzas will be delive... oops, wrong template text... we at pinata games don't actually care about your project so we'll happily spam it anyway and add your name and a small sentence at the end with typos and grammatical errors to make it not look like complete spam.

Threads you spammed: [1][2][3][href=http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=135877&b=8&p=7
[4][5][6]

Great start to the site by the way; by making people NOT want to go there, why didn't you just harvest our e-mail from the forum and mass-mail everyone? Or maybe you did... /me checks E-mail."

dont be an idiot. We are promoting, looking for content, just because we didnt choose your project jk jk, but seriously, edit your post, we didnt ruin anyones posts, we edited, so seriously, edit yours

Also, we do care about projects were frieking offering free advertisement. You obviously just dont know how business works

Virtual Nomad
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 09:48 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2009 09:49
would you please stop bumping this useless thread and spamming/necroing others with your "on behalf of" solicitations? it's getting old real quick.

lucifer 1101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 10:12
please if you dont like it by all means contact a moderator, as for the spamming i have edited all the posts and apologised for my actions..

if you have nothing better to say do not post here..!

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 15:21 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2009 15:22
The text towards the top of your website describing the featured project clashes with the background colour in that area. you should change the text colour to make reading easier.

Other than that, it doesn't look that bad.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it is way too awesome!
wickedly kick it
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 19:08
Quote: "would you please stop bumping this useless thread and spamming/necroing others with your "on behalf of" solicitations? it's getting old real quick."

Everyone, forget about the spam, we have dealt with it, now the website is Legit. We are offering free project advertisement, not our fault people don't want to get their project out there.

Quote: "The text towards the top of your website describing the featured project clashes with the background colour in that area. you should change the text colour to make reading easier.

Other than that, it doesn't look that bad."

thanks i agree with the text, but i cant find a better text color to fit there and still go with the site.

Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 19:20
Give it a shadow effect, or try black, which works ok.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it is way too awesome!
wickedly kick it
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2009 01:14
Black didnt work out so hot :S, but so far we have some tutorials up, and we need tutorials writers! email the tutorials to me at cody.kostyak([at])gmail([dot])com they can be for DBP or DGDK

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 09:05:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 09:05:47