Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / The first ever original x10 mod from daniel wright and budokaiman

Author
User Banned
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 04:00 Edited at: 7th Apr 2010 06:58

timer system
update, the timer system has been implimented to allow for the new cap change from 34 frames per second to 0, to allow for the game to have higher speeds but for every thing else to remain the same, this way the animations or the speed of your enemies will not change.

Make levals twice the size now

update changed the grid size to allow for bigger levels, its a different exe, its the editor exe, its in the same folder now.just change the FPSC-MapEditor with this one.

download in this post

to install any mod we give here even this one open your fpsc x10 directory main folder, open the bin folder. replace your FPSC-Game aplication icone with this one here.its all set and your ready to rock and roll. if you dont have in mind on keeping this mod, then back up your main FPSC-Game aplication icone in a difrent folder, make another folder named main backup, then place the main one in there.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 04:06 Edited at: 1st Apr 2010 02:40
Downloading now, and testing!!!!

**Edit**

Works perfectly, no crashes what so ever. This is my review.

In my short testing, I loaded a map I was having major lag problems with. I re-ran with the mod. Constant 170Fps+ and in the areas I lagged to about 13-25 FPS It was now boosted to around 69 FPS. In some areas I had lagged in I noticed a giant FPS difference. Though some places still look a bit laggy, even at 69 fps. Don't know why that is. For starters, this is awesome and congratulation on beeing the first people ever to make an x10 mod. I cannot wait to see what comes next. I will be stalking this thread like you have no idea!!

"I haz no sig :o"
Tutelage Systems
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 04:59 Edited at: 26th Mar 2010 05:00
Wow that was fast. I haven't tried it yet (downloading the Kit instead)

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 05:01
It's on the x10 website at the bottom of the page.
Quote: "And how do other get the source code to mod FPS X10?"

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=166194&b=25
RADS, X10 Game. Still in Development as of 3/25/10
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 05:37
@Soviet176

thanks for the review, its just a small test but more to come soon, going to bed now, already have a few fetures added so this will be no difrent then the x9 mods in time.

Blind Digger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 09:53 Edited at: 26th Mar 2010 10:47
Fantastic,It's about time this happened.
Congrats Danial.
Now X10 might catch up to X9.
Carn't wait to see more.

Fingers X'sd.
Stephen

I still think it's going to take a lot of time befour X10 can match Project Blue or Fenix mod for X9.
But i want a modder to prove me wrong.I don't think they going to do that.
Danial this is ment as a changalange to you and any other X10 modder.
Please prove me wrong.
High expectations from me.

Sorry I'm a S--T stirer and i love it.
Go for it Danial.I'll be watching.

Hopping Stephen
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 16:15
Quote: "Danial this is ment as a changalange to you and any other X10 modder.
Please prove me wrong.
High expectations from me."

well, lol, ok

I will do what i can with no promisess, I can say It can be done but with no promiss, but if I ever think I cant I will ask someone for there help with what ever I am having problems with.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 17:00
may I ask how exactly you install this?
Gratz on the first mod, btw.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 17:13 Edited at: 26th Mar 2010 17:13
to install any mod we give here even this one open your fpsc x10 directory main folder, open the bin folder. replace your FPSC-Game aplication icone with this one here.its all set and your ready to rock and roll. if you dont have in mind on keeping this mod, then back up your main FPSC-Game aplication icone in a difrent folder, make another folder named main backup, then place the main one in there.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 20:14 Edited at: 26th Mar 2010 21:10
updated mod in first post

timer system has been implimented

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 22:27
Well, I have the underwater distortion almost completely done, but while I was doing a test, I realized something. There is no way to have unlimited air underwater. How many people would appreciate if I changed the air capacity, so that if you change the player's air capacity to 0, the player will have infinite air, instead of no air?

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 22:41
I think mabey we can have the player's air capacity to 0 in one mod, then we can have one with it the other way around, what do you think?

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 22:55
who would like a bigger grid to make your levals twice the size they are now?

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 23:05
Quote: "hink mabey we can have the player's air capacity to 0 in one mod, then we can have one with it the other way around, what do you think?"

How about, if you make it a negative number, it will be infinite?

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 23:10
this might be a good idea, or we can make a function to controll the number from reaching 0, this way it will always be infinite.

Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 23:10
Hey, could you guys try getting the
"plrhealthless=X", plrhealthgreater, plralive, and plrmoveto script commands working? Those don't seem to work in my V1.10 install.
Downloading mod now.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 23:28
Quote: "or we can make a function to controll the number from reaching 0, this way it will always be infinite."

Well, I was just going to have it check the variable, and if it was less than 0 it would simply skip over the instructions for depleting the health.

@le shorte:
I'll take a look at those now.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 23:30
Quote: "Well, I was just going to have it check the variable, and if it was less than 0 it would simply skip over the instructions for depleting the health."

this would be eaiser

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 23:37 Edited at: 27th Mar 2010 00:07
Make levals twice the size now

update changed the grid size to allow for bigger levels, its a different exe, its the editor exe, its in the same folder now.just change the FPSC-MapEditor with this one.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2010 23:47
@le shorte:
All of the commands worked for me, could you post the script that you are using.

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
i just want one thing and that is so you can put it in slowmo and also motion blur and then i would be happy
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
THIS MOD rocks! BTW
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
wait dose this mean mods like penoix and all thatw ill work in x10?
Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
like this one http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=164618&b=21
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 01:17
@Nilloc

dont double post, thanks

Quote: "i just want one thing and that is so you can put it in slowmo and also motion blur and then i would be happy "

i'll look into this for you

Quote: "wait dose this mean mods like penoix and all thatw ill work in x10? "

not without there code

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 01:25
Nice work, downloading now. Do you reckon you could add a feature to help framerates on Windows 7 ? As I said to you on steam budokaiman, it seems kinda bad in Windows 7

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 01:28
@Bigsnake

I have windows 7 with no lag in game at all, the frame rates already have been capped with a timer based system so let me know how it runs. if you are talking about the editor im trying to fix this issue.

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Put this in X9.... now

"Feel free in a world of madness,be the bright spot"
-Bloody James
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 01:30
Quote: "Put this in X9.... now"

what, the new fetures, there are only a couple so far? I could do thease extra fetures for x9 to if needed, I already have a mod for x9, its called wrights mod

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Put the Double size map..

"Feel free in a world of madness,be the bright spot"
-Bloody James
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 01:47
I just tested and the framerate was perfect, only problem was I kept stopping for a second then I suddenly warped a few feet in front. I turned off the water details and it worked fine but my Framerate was 300 all the time

Windows 7, Amd Athlon 7750 Black Editon (64 bit,3ghz + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 01:47
Quote: "Put the Double size map"

WELL, the grid size i bigger,but you can not draw to it yet, im still working it all out, it will work soon. but to do this in x9, ill get to it as soon as i make it work right in x10, deal?

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 01:49
Quote: "I just tested and the framerate was perfect, only problem was I kept stopping for a second then I suddenly warped a few feet in front. I turned off the water details and it worked fine but my Framerate was 300 all the time"

The extra frame rate is really for big levals to even every thing out in the end. do you think we should have an option to change the frame rate to what you want it to?

Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 01:52
Quote: "do you think we should have an option to change the frame rate to what you want it to?"

Probably be a good idea. I also had a few ideas for underwater effects cause the one atm seems kinda dull, its just a hint of bloom.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 01:55
Quote: "Probably be a good idea. I also had a few ideas for underwater effects cause the one atm seems kinda dull, its just a hint of bloom"

this has already been added in by budokaiman, Im just waiting for him to send me his code in a couple days so i can add it all together. thanks

nathan 24
Years of Service
User Offline
thankss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nathan
SikaSina Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 02:31
Quote: " put it in slowmo and also motion blur"

They are in x10 already (and it's not lag), fire a grenade launcher and look around when it blows up . But it would be good to implement a toggle-able version. I have to download this tomorrow lol xD, epic!!!.

-SSG

Nilloc
Years of Service
User Offline
well i mean adjustable you know like if you want it always to be in slowmo
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 06:06
Quote: "@le shorte:
All of the commands worked for me, could you post the script that you are using."

Here you go:
Dead-move to win

Healthless=5-move to win

Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 06:13
Very nice!! I am extremely glad about the double map size. This helps a lot with the production of Desolation: Earth. The source to corvus mod is in the x9 section. His shaders and other code is in there. So implementing the code of that mod to this mod should be as hard as getting air mod in. Double maps with the advanced shaders like that? would blow x9 out of the water, especially with budo's water system! I personally can't wait to see you tinker wiith the rag doll systems in multiplayer. Personally I am a graphics kind of man. I build my systems to play the advanced games. Corvu's mod shaders are beautiful!! excellent job so far!! I am extremely happy, we all appreictae your works budo and daniel. Can't wait to see more!!

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 12:34
Quote: "Double maps with the advanced shaders like that? would blow x9 out of the water"

You won't be saying that when the official v1.17 is released ... we'll have water, ragdoll, Pixel Shader 2 shaders (normal + spec mapping), fullscreen shaders including motion blur, bloom, and depth of field, DarkAI, DarkVoices, dynamic shadows, particles, and combined with Project Blue X10 will not stand much of a chance. It's a shame because I also own X10, but it seems it that when v1.17 is released, X9 will have the same features as X10.

[b]FPSC MIGRATION: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "timer system
update, the timer system has been implimented to allow for the new cap change from 34 frames per second to 0, to allow for the game to have higher speeds but for every thing else to remain the same, this way the animations or the speed of your enemies will not change."

This will REALLY crack your game up. U just uncapped it. This will result in all kinda of wierd anims and speed errors.

Quote: "Make levals twice the size now

update changed the grid size to allow for bigger levels, its a different exe, its the editor exe, its in the same folder now.just change the FPSC-MapEditor with this one."

Editor Source.

...Kranox Studios!
Gizmoguy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 14:26 Edited at: 27th Mar 2010 14:34
nice work

im glad to see you guys are doing this il support it as much as i can as im a x10 only user now.

Ive been working on a large city level but it still looked small even though i filled the entire grid and had a few lag spikes in random places so hopefully this will sort it out

****EDIT****

with the x10 mod everyone should just work on 1 mod. Instead of the millions there are for x9 if everyone worked just on one it would be alot better overall and would be updated alot quicker too

God in his heaven, alls right with the world.
Snipesoul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 15:10
Awesome! I didn't realize this mod was going to be out so soon! Congrats on being the first modders to release a mod for X10! I'll test this out soon.

"Dad? Dad, I'm a- Ye- Not a "crazed gunman", dad, I'm an assassin! ...Well, the difference bein' one is a job and the other's mental sickness!" - The Sniper.
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 15:28
Quote: "This will REALLY crack your game up. U just uncapped it. This will result in all kinda of wierd anims and speed errors."

Not at all. It works fine, and speeds up performance. If you test it, you'll see it works fine

Great job guys, I'm liking this mod. I can't build out of the normal level size, but it's still a nice touch. Keep it up!

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
well done lads keep up the fantastic work, must say im impressed, and larger area well fantastic, and all what you guys are doing,

well they may have dark voices, but you can get a free copy of crazy talk which will be the same, and save as a vid, so no need to worry about that one. in fact its easier, ok 3d is limited on crazy talk but its free or was with my windows mag. so no problems there.

and if they have dark ai it means the new zombie pack may not work correctly either, unless they correct it then that means we can get it working too, so no problems there,

i would ask you guys though if you can get the big crushing machines on model pack 41 to work as in crush you and not be able to see through the model? because they be a very good trap but theres no damage and you can see through it easy.

also larger area is a vital ingredient to get us more gameplay and realistic city and landscapes. like anything we wanna make awe inspiring games.

clouds and inventory and any ideas on making a torch ( as in dungeon master style ) be carried and able to use a light?

anyway i could go on and on. just keep up the work its great, so all them x9 stirrers may stop.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 17:47
Quote: "You won't be saying that when the official v1.17 is released ... we'll have water, ragdoll, Pixel Shader 2 shaders (normal + spec mapping), fullscreen shaders including motion blur, bloom, and depth of field, DarkAI, DarkVoices, dynamic shadows, particles, and combined with Project Blue X10 will not stand much of a chance. It's a shame because I also own X10, but it seems it that when v1.17 is released, X9 will have the same features as X10.
"

I am sure that the 1.17 update is the intergaration? if not those features are fine... except for the fact the the x9 engine can barley handle half of that stuff already. It's pipline is to small to support all that stuff and still get really good frames. The x10 engine was designed to be able to support up to pixle shader 4.0 not to mention if the 1.17 is not the intergration all x10 users will also get a version. We can utilize more advanced features and still maintain higher frames per second. The only reason why people jump on x10's back is because no one really wants to spend the money on a computer that has x10 support (though there are a lot dont get me wrong) x9 is ok but now that source code has come out for x10 we can do anything that x9 can do except better I belive.

nathan 24
Years of Service
User Offline
What version of fpscx10 do you need for the mod to work, at the moment i am using v110, but my map size has doubled but i can only build in the middle of the map thanks nathan
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 18:08
Hey, could you guys try for Time of Day, and screen shaders like extreme heat? (distortion heat-waves, whatever you want to call them)

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2010 18:25
Quote: "Hey, could you guys try for Time of Day, and screen shaders like extreme heat?"

That's how I'm doing the underwater refraction, but I have to rewrite some shaders to work with X10.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 13:40:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 13:40:08