Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC OneSource [Desktop App]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2011 17:33 Edited at: 29th Apr 2011 22:04
[Updated - Attatched to post]

Short Video capture will follow shortly.

Name: FPSC OneSource

This video is very brief, but gives an overview of the current state and should give you an idea of the direction FPSC OneSource is moving towards.

Anytime you see a video here, it will be an overview that is current with the files attached to this post.

What is it:

An app designed to bring all the FPSC resources and tools together.

[Some description deleted, will update as I add to this project and release]

It would be nice if we could get all community apps in one download and have a clean UI to launch each tool. Sort of a complete tool box. This is all dependent on interest.

Thanks for reading and I hope most of you take interest in order for me to stay motivated.

Currently Launches:

FPS Creator
FPS Creator Cleaner
FPS Creator DumpMem
GUI-X9
Alfresco (by Xplosys)
TextEaze (by Xplosys)
OverLaze (by Xplosys)
FPI EditPad (by Flatlander)

Currently Opens

All FPSC Folders
All User Folders

Slowly but surely, more to come.

FPSC OneSource [DeskTop App] - Bringing everything together into one.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Mar 2011 19:31
Good luck with the project. It looks like one that can really grow quickly . Try to keep a lid on it and don't get too complicated. I'll be watching.

Brian.

... and the band played on.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2011 21:19 Edited at: 26th Mar 2011 21:23
Quote: "I am thinking of making the project files open, but only for the other app owners, in order for them to include there apps if they want to. It would be nice if we could get all community apps in one download and have a clean UI to launch each tool."

Why not go one better and have a simple webpage that app owners can go onto. It would allow them to enter their application's name, upload an icon image and specify the default installation location (using things like %PROGRAMFILES%, incase the user's C drive is actually D or E, etc..).
Then your app can check if the app exists at the given location and if it does, show it in the menu or whatever.

And just in-case someone installs a program to a different folder you can have it so the end-user can specify where they installed it if it's different.

Quote: "Minus the download manager, that is a bit beyond my abilities"

If you want help with that, let me know, it's actually relatively simple once you've learnt it

Quote: "1. When viewing TGC forum, recieve error "Function Expected", "Continue Running Scripts on This Page?", most likely due to cookies for tracking viewed threads.
a.Proposed fix, possibly switch to "WebKit" based broswer. (suggestions welcome)"

I have a potential solution to this if wanted

Quote: "In order to ensure the app will work on your PC, go ahead and install VB Express 2010 and make sure you do all windows updates afterwards. This way you will know for sure you have the dependencies on board, it will help eliminate some things out of the debugging process."

There's no need for that, all the user needs is the correct .Net Framework Redistributable that your application is made with.
So if you make your app for .Net Framework 2.0 then the end-user will need... http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en
... and so on, for the other framework versions.

That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2011 21:20
Thanks for the words, Xplosys.

Quote: "don't get too complicated"

Right, baby steppin it.
Working each aspect as a separate project one at a time.
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2011 03:53 Edited at: 14th Apr 2011 01:48
Knxrb, thank you for getting back to me in email.

My Personal Blog (Randomly updated)
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2011 07:10 Edited at: 14th Apr 2011 01:47
[Updated - See First post]

My Personal Blog (Randomly updated)
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2011 17:48
Might be pointless to post this hear being as though no interest has really been shown, but FPSC-OneSource , as a result of me adding tid bits here and there as needed, is evolving into something I did not plan on in the beginning.

So much added and plans for things to be added, it is going to result in a name change of the project.

Seeing that a new compo is in effect, I think the first release of the re-worked app will be released upon the deadline of the new compo HERE.

Thank You to all ,If any at all , that downloaded this. I see that this thread has been viewed 500+ times now, hopefully a few of you downloaded.

And Here Is A Penguin:
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2011 16:40
Wow. I just watched the video and this is really a nice program. I am downloading now. One suggestion I have is, from the video, there no color. Personally, I like there to be the freedom of changing the colors of each button and option. If you could do this, it would be awesome. If not, don't worry about it. This will make anyone's life about 200% easier.

2Beastmode4u
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2011 16:49 Edited at: 30th Jun 2011 16:27
MOD Note: Do not advertise/spam another product in someone's thread. Warning given.

My bad. Didn't mean it like that.
Sorry That Guy John.

Cheers.

God help me, Please.

Come on down to my site at Unleashed FPSCreators
frafra_95
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2011 11:03
Quote: "I just noticed that you posted this before frafra_95.... my bad."

yes, and i'm sorry i created that program much before that i posted it, so i thought to improve it and share it with the community. then i seen this topic... i hope that that guy john don't be offended. sorry again
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2011 17:03
To what ever was posted before it was removed... no harm done.

Design Runner, thank you for taking interest. There is much incomplete with the release attatched to the first post, but I have been working on a new project in which the idea was spaked from this. What little is there in the app, is it working for you?

Much of this app is hard coded for the shortcuts, but the release of the new app should end up with all dynamicly created controls depending on the individuals system, quite a quite few more options and functions.

Design Runner, I will keep in mind that different skins is something you would like.

The release of the next app will be a completely different project and will be quite a while before I release it, but please use this thread to make suggestions.

It's all about accessibility through a UI, instead of poking through folders and files organized in a fashion that even a "n00b" will have no problems finding things for FPSC.

And Here Is A Penguin:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:42:24
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:42:24