Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / DarkTokens: Coin-Op (MicroTransaction) API for DBPro/DGDK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2011 23:51 Edited at: 15th Jan 2012 16:42

DarkTokens is a Coin-Op (MicroTransaction) API powered by the TournmentBlitz Event Management System (TBEMS 2.1) in development for DBPro/DGDK. DarkTokens enables Developers to quickly and easily monetize their Games & Apps, selling a variety of virtual products and services in-game. Sell in-game upgrades such as level unlocks, equipment, special weapons and cheats. Transform Single Player Games into highly competitive Tournaments. Host Prize-based Treasure Hunts and much more. Products and Services include:

Item Malls
Auctions
Skill-based Tournaments
Contests
Pay-Per-Play
Paid-To-Play
Award Achievement System
RNG Scoring System
Online Scoreboards/Rankings
In-App Advertisements
Crowd Funding Donations
Server Locator
Anti-Pirate Sentry

DarkTokens HTTP API = 90%
DarkTokens Documentation = 10%
Developer Application Interface (TBCMS Back-End) = 50%
Developer Dashboard & Sandbox (TBCMS Front-End) = 1%
Super 3D Game Platform Integration = 0% (refactoring)
Full-Featured Demo Application = 0%

Click to Download the INSECTOIDZ Demo (Requires DX7).
U/P: guest/guest

DarkTokens is designed to be easy, flexible, and powerful. Monetize your Game/Application Online in 3 Steps: 1) Register your Game/App with TouranmentBlitz. 2) Add Game Events & Items to your TournamentBlitz Game's Profile. 3) Set Event & Item DarkToken Point, Purchase, and Award Values. Players can purchase and use DarkTokens Online in 3 Steps: 1) Purchase a DarkToken Pass with Credit Card via PayPal. 2) In-Game Store, select/add Items to their Shopping Cart for purchase. 3) Checkout to complete order; TBEMS automatically takes care of all processes related to the Transaction, debiting Player DarkTokens and crediting Developer RealCoin Balance.

DarkTokens API is designed to be extremely user-friendly, providing a moderate set of procedural commands that integrate seamlessly into any Game/App User Interface.
Additionally, the DarkToken API is being to deployed to multiple platforms to expand variety for Players, in turn, expanding the Player Base who can use DarkTokens in your Game/App.

TBEMS provides a secure login and server side persistence of player data so Developers can store game state, user data, etc. anytime, anywhere. Developers don't have to worry about security, fraud, and customer service. There is no expensive equipment to purchase or install, no merchant account necessary, and no customer service desk to staff or technology to maintain.

TBEMS originally began as a Online Scoreboard in 2004. It quickly evolved into a Tournament Management API providing a persistent Database back-end and Payment Processing for Entry Fees and Prizes. The API has been expanded on to support a variety of Features not supported in other MicroTransaction API.

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2011 03:14
Interesting concept, how far along is the project at this point?

A 3D marble platformer using Newton physics.
TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2011 09:19 Edited at: 15th Jan 2012 16:39
TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2011 09:54 Edited at: 26th Apr 2011 13:47
TournamentBlitz Event Management System is 7 to 8 years in the making. It may very well be the first MicroTransaction API of its kind. My intial attempts in 2003/2004 to gain the interest of game developers did not do so well. Back then, it was very difficult to convey how this form of profit generation could benefit their games. There simply wasnt enough data to prove it.

Today, MicroTransactions are extremely popular for MMOs and Downloadable Content. I predict their popularity will continue to grow. In 2003, I saw the future with MicroTransactions and I still see plenty of opportunity to innovate. Independent Game developers need flexible and creative avenues to generate profits from their hardwork. This has always been the purpose and goal of DarkTokens/TournamentBlitz.

OldPMan
TGC Store Seller
Years of Service
User Offline
Very, very interesting. I also will monitor progress.

.....already beside.....
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2011 23:36
I will add 'Hot Goblins' to this when both are ready.

I suppose you will need as many games as possible to get this up and running?

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2011 09:30
Quote: "I suppose you will need as many games as possible to get this up and running?"
Yes...and Apps too. I'm also integrating DarkTokens into the Super 3D Game Platform to provide a turnkey solution.

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2011 08:56 Edited at: 15th Jan 2012 05:11
Reconstructing TBCMS website.

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2011 17:51 Edited at: 6th Jun 2011 17:52
DarkTokens API is being redesigned to be more easier, flexible, and secure than ever. The new DarkTokens API will only relies on HTTP Request/Response Messaging and integrates into any Application, on any Platform with a means of HTTP communications. Using HTTP, a request string of specified variable-value pairs are sent to the TournamentBlitz Event Management System (TBEMS) Processor, TBEMS responds with data in two possible formats: Plain Text (Carriage Return delimited) or XML.

Request Example:

Response Example #1 (Plain Text):

Response Example #2 (XML):

The DarkTokens API Manual and Demo Applications will provide detailed instructions on how to assemble the TBEMS Request, and parse the TBEMS Response, providing Developers complete flexibility to customize TBEMS Micro-Transactions within their Applications.

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2011 01:52 Edited at: 15th Jan 2012 05:10
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2011 04:05
http is not really secure, are you using https ?

A 3D marble platformer using Newton physics.
TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2011 09:42
Quote: "http is not really secure, are you using https?"

Yes and No. All Security is managed on the TournamentBlitz Server and all sensitive Web Applications are served via HTTPs. Cash Transactions are only handled via credible Payment Processors such as PayPal.

However, DarkTokens API variable-value pairs are designed to be used over Standard HTTP allowing Developers the freedom to implement HTTP or HTTPs. The communication does provide a rudimentary session security mechanism and no sensitive data is ever communicated to a Client.

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2011 13:02

Super 3D Game Platform Architecture (Click for Full View)

DarkTokens is being integrated directly into the Super 3D Game Platform. Integrating the DarkTokens directly into the S3GP is Crucial to both TBEMS & S3GP success to:
1. Remove complications in Transaction Design and integration at the Application Level.
2. Provide a Turn-key Monetizing Solution for any Game/App developed with S3GP.
3. Provide Enhanced Security via a Preset Point System Schemes.
4. Simplify Application/Game Registration and Setup for TBEMS.

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 20:42
just tagging onto this thread for now...

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2011 13:39
I've been pondering over other ways to employ Microtransactions in our games that have yet to be discovered. As a Independent Game Developer, I believe we can be a little more creative with our implementations. How about a Brainstorm Session to find other ways to utilize Microtransactions? Maybe something new and trendy will surface. To help facilitate the thought process, I'll post a phrase. For this phrase, generate as many answers as possible no matter how off-the-wall, with NO regard to players. Afterwards, we can can go thru the answers, fine-tune their definitions, analyze potential advantages/disadvantages, then decide to save or delete them. To participate, just quote the The Brainstorm Session Phrase, followed by your answer(s).

The Brainstorm Session Phrase: How many ways can you sell everything in your game, over and over again?

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 05:11
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 14:48
Why are there blurred titles?

Interrsting structure...

How far have you progressed?

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 16:36 Edited at: 15th Feb 2013 09:01
Hi MrValentine,

Quote: "Why are there blurred titles?"

Security.

Quote: "How far have you progressed?"

DarkTokens HTTP API = 90%
DarkTokens Documentation = 10%
Developer Application Interface (TBCMS Back-End) = 50%
Developer Dashboard & Sandbox (TBCMS Front-End) = 1%
Super 3D Game Platform Integration = 0% (refactoring)
Full-Featured Demo Application = 0%

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 16:49
Intriguing...

Question... will this be centric to your site or will you release a hostable file for others to rebrand into their own sites¿

Also how goes s3gp? not heard on it for a while but then again I havent been reading old thread updates via the forum... been keeping busy with new threads via RSS hehe

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 21:10 Edited at: 15th Jan 2012 21:12
Quote: "Intriguing...

Question... will this be centric to your site or will you release a hostable file for others to rebrand into their own sites¿"

The new DarkTokens API will only relies on HTTP Request/Response Messaging and integrates into any Application, on any Platform with a means of HTTP communications. Using HTTP, a request string of specified variable-value pairs are sent to the TournamentBlitz Event Management System (TBEMS) Processor, TBEMS responds with data in two possible formats: Plain Text (Carriage Return delimited) or XML.

Request Example:

Response Example #1 (Plain Text):

Response Example #2 (XML):

The DarkTokens API Manual and Demo Applications will provide detailed instructions on how to assemble the TBEMS Request, and parse the TBEMS Response, providing Developers complete flexibility to customize TBEMS Micro-Transactions within their Applications.

Quote: "Also how goes s3gp? not heard on it for a while but then again I havent been reading old thread updates via the forum... been keeping busy with new threads via RSS hehe"
I've devoted a good portion on my time to development of S3GP. I've had to revamp and consolidate some of the web-based applications which has consumed some development time, but, now I'm back on track. DarkToken's API will be directly integrated into S3GP.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2012 21:16
Nice!

Shall continue to monitor this thread¡

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 11:48:56
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 11:48:56