Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Elections - nonZero & DJD64 for office (nASA's candidates)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2014 21:33 Edited at: 5th Jun 2014 21:00
[updated June 05, 2014]
Hello my fellow forumites. It seems while I was training some unhappiness arose. It seems the people are not satisfied with this administration and demand change. I shall give them this change! Vote nASA (nonZero's Awesomeness-Spreading Association) into power today and see the results!

What this thread is for:
To open a line between nASA and the public. Ask us anything!
To provide a central place to view and spread nASA propaganda!
To post updates on our election campaign!
To outline our policies (see below)

nASA Policies

Free Cookies:
Voting for nASA will entitle every forum member to free cookies! This pledge should be proof of our commitment to the people.

Equality:
We believe in equality for all. We are not a brony party just because our Exekutor (and CFO), TheComet, is a proud and out brony. Our candidate for Vice President, Dark Java Dude 64, is known to have anti-pony sentiments. To paraphrase him, “[Someone bumped the pony thread, and just when I was getting my hopes up that it would sink into the abyss]”. Being against animated ponies, does not mean he does not acknowledge their right to exist or their fan base's. Did you know I am a fan of many animated shows like the Regular Show, Powerpuff Girls and Friendship Is Magic -- to name a few -- while also being a serious anime geek. Yet here we all are in coexistence, overcoming our differences through rationality rather than segregation. This is nASA: for everyone who loves, hates or doesn’t give a toss about ponies, anime, cartoons or anything else. We also pledge to ensure all forumites receive free cookies.

Lunacy:
There is insufficient lunacy and silliness on this forum, our starting goal was to change this and we have also begun to gradually succeed, in spite of no seats in the current administration. A vote for us could help us succeed that much further and speed it up greatly. We also pledge to ensure all forumites receive free cookies.

Integrity:
We believe in integrity and transparency, so nASA will never make a false statement to the public. While others claim to have integrity, where is their evidence? Can we trust, for example, someone who is obsessed with Apple and Mac OS to the exclusion of Windows, Linux and *BSD OSes? True integrety is acknowledging all OS's equally for their purpose, even smaller ones, like KolibriOS and Menuet OS. We also pledge to ensure all forumites receive free cookies.

Maintaining TGC Forums:
We are at an important juncture for these forums. The old place we know and love lies one way while the new and improved forums lies the opposite. We are committed to help ensure that the TGC staff try to maintain a middle ground, even if we must pave the way through an ocean. We also pledge to ensure all forumites receive free cookies.

Consolidation of Stickies:
nASA is dedicated to helping clean up all the boards by consolidating the large quantity of stickies into single, coherent and high quality posts that The Next can then use as a replacement to reduce bloat. We will keep our working drafts open to public scrutiny at all times. No old links will be altered, they will just redirect. We also pledge to ensure all forumites receive free cookies.

Cleaning up Threads and Boards:
Aside from consolidating stickies, nASA promises to design a better system for board-handling that can be implemented by The Next. The design phase will be open to public scrutiny at all times. No old links will be altered, they will just redirect. We also pledge to ensure all forumites receive free cookies.

Freedom of Speech:
For too long users have been gagged by an evil regime that oppresses. Using automated filtering and spying techniques, this administration has succeed in forcing users to obscure their true posts using bbCode tags. nASA is opposed to this and respects your privacy. We also pledge to ensure all forumites receive free cookies.

Justice:
Too many times we see injustices on the forum and nASA plans to take a proactive role in preventing this. Users are accused of wrongdoings they did not commit (such as hacking), given punishments not equal to their crimes (such as year-long bans), gagged because they mention ideas that fly in the face of tradition (like suggesting FPSRC be built on Unreal Engine) or not given the name-change they requested weeks ago. In the same way, moderators are forced to endure the aggressive and intolerant behaviour of members seeking just to cause trouble. We also pledge to ensure all forumites receive free cookies.

A Kawaii President:
Haven't we had enough of these un-cute presidents of the past? We need someone fresh, someone new, someone cute. nonZero-chama is the perfect candidate. We also pledge to ensure all forumites receive free cookies.

Malleability:
We are open to policy change throughout our term. This keeps us fresh and makes us stronger. Unlike the stiff and staunch other parties out there who are stuck in their ways, nASA is flexible like water.
Even the strongest rock can be broken, however the powerful and gentle flow of nASA will not be stopped.

Firm Stance Against Bribery, Corruption and Intimidation:
nASA is against bribery. Other candidates may try to coerce votes from forumites, nASA will never do such a thing. nASA does not threaten or intimidate to gain votes and we absolutely do NOT try to gain votes through pathetic ploys like bribery. We also pledge to ensure all forumites receive free cookies. Please bear in mind, though, that not voting for nASA will probably adversely affect your existing friendships/relationships with nASA-supporters. It has also known to result in strange mishaps that may lead to severe injury and/or account erasure. Please note that this is not nASA's intention but simply a by-product of siding with evil by not voting for nASA. We do ask our supporters to please not discriminate against any of your friends who don't support nASA for they do it not out of malice but because they are being tricked by charlatans. Equally, we plea that Karma not judge those with anti-nASA sentiments as they are not antagonists but rather the victims of false-profits.

Just to reiterate: We also pledge to ensure all forumites receive free cookies.

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2014 21:34 Edited at: 5th Jun 2014 20:57
Images like posters, signatures and badges to spread and show your nASA support go here.

Wear this signature proudly to show support:

Posters:

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2014 22:28
For those too damn lazy to add the bbcode:

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2014 22:38
Yeeah baby, we're gonna spread this campaign like jelly.

NIlooc223
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2014 03:52
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2014 04:57 Edited at: 5th Jun 2014 06:45
Sorry my fellow chap, but the posting of copyrighted images shall not be supported by nASA.

easter bunny
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Dota 2
Posted: 5th Jun 2014 05:43
Yes, posting copyrighted images is a good sign

Audacia Games - Latest WIP - AUTOMAYTE 2.1, AppGameKit one click deploy to Android
"When you've finished 90% of your game, you only have 90% left"
Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2014 06:44 Edited at: 5th Jun 2014 06:46
I agree.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2014 13:26 Edited at: 5th Jun 2014 13:27
This cat supports nASA! So should you.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 5th Jun 2014 13:48
Umm You had me before the ponies part XD

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2014 17:47 Edited at: 5th Jun 2014 17:47
Get outa here ya ponie lovin' yuppies! *throws a tomato*

Attachments

Login to view attachments
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2014 20:57
Quote: "Get outa here ya ponie lovin' yuppies! *throws a tomato*"

*Uses Matrix-hack to slow down time, dodges tomato*
We are not "ponie lovin' yuppies", we simply are trying to acknowledge their right to love ponies as you have yours to love, say Legend of Zelda. While it's true that FIM is one of my favourite cartoons and, well, TheComet, need I say more, DJD64 actually once posted in The Posting Competition that he was disappointed to see someone had bumped the MLP thread during a time of inactivity that led him to believe it'd sink into the cyber-abyss.

Now, here we stand, people from different backgrounds, embracing one another's unique differences to stand for the common well-being of all the forum. I'm updating the OP with new information about nASA. I'd also like to share this wonderful quote I saw on Facebook that I had no idea had even been said by this wonderful man:

Dark Java Dude 64
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2014 22:03
I myself do not appreciate cartoon ponies. I do, however, support those who differ in opinion from myself.

TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2014 22:10 Edited at: 5th Jun 2014 22:11
Huh, look what showed up on my facebook page!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2014 07:31
Heard of Tomatina? I think you just called all of Spain gay!

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2014 10:52
Quote: "...I think you just called all of Spain gay!"

I think that was Nelson Mandela (if it's true), TheComet merely shared something he found on Facebook.

...Not that there's anything wrong with being gay. nASA and nASA members do not discriminate against people of a non-hetero-sexual orientation. We proudly support all people of all backgrounds.

...nASA is a party for the people.
Vote for nonZero today!

Vote for me ye scurvy dogs and I'll give ye free cookies.
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2014 13:41
Quote: "I think you just called all of Spain gay!"

Yes, my facebook is silly sometimes

...vote for nASA for supporting gays throwing tomatoes in Spain!

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 7th Jun 2014 13:46
Don't know about Spain and tomato throwing but when I was in Lisbon a few years back there was a lot of coloured bags of flour being thrown at everyone. I think it was February. Anyone know what that was about?