Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / DarkBASIC Network X beta version 1.0- Plugin for Dark Basic Professional

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2005 00:27 Edited at: 5th Feb 2005 09:46
This is an ongoing project that I just started, and I need beta testers. Right now I have so that DarkBASIC Network X will give you 77 commands that you can use as you please. The commands deal with Registry, IO, Dialogs, and much much more. And I am hoping to have even more commands after awhile. I have noticed that lots of the commands may not work so please tell me if you find the ones that don't work. Information and documentation for the plugin are included in the zip file. Please report any problems to me.

Thanks,
1tg46

Click sig for DB Network X

Attachments

Login to view attachments
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2005 02:51
update their are now about 90 commands that need testing with this update.

Click the sig

Attachments

Vai mamar na pila
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2005 12:35
awesome, if i test it out a lot will i get a free final version ?
DarkSin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2005 18:52
Haven't used it yet but went over the readme, very very nice set of commands.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 00:04
Their are still alot of bugs in the plugin, at the moment I am thinking of releasing the final version freeware. But that may change if the amount of commands increase to over 200 commands. If then I will start having a nag screen.

I won't release another update until one of the two .NET dll converters is fixed, because right now it would take me quite a few hours to convert the dlls with how the converters are set up right now.

I do have stringtables set up so that the dlls can be used in the plugin-user folder, but that won't be until maybe the next update.

I have attached the readme for the next up date(when released). Their are now 110 commands that will be for the next release. Those that are not in the readme are:

X_Blockinput(truefalse as integer)
blocks input from the mouse and keyboard

X_swapmousebuttons(truefalse as integer)
swaps the functions of the two mouse buttons

X_removeX(title as string)
removes the X of the DBP window

X_setdbpwndtrans(title as string, leveltrans as integer)
will set the DBP window to have transparency

@Sandra
All beta testers will receive a free copy of the final version, if I release it shareware.

Click the sig
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 01:57
just a little question - how does "X_enableXP()" work?

Used to be Phoenix_insane registered in september 2003 despite what the date says to the left <--
PC - amd athlon 2.0ghz, 512mb, GeForce FX 5200 128mb, 200gb, xp pro sp2
Mattman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 02:44
Ill beta test

Hi
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 04:11
X_enableXP() is suppose to be used in cunjunction with BlueGUI. This will allow your program to be themed without use of manifest files. The command in VB.NET that I used for the function is faulty so X_enableXP might not work, and it has never worked for me yet.

The command should be called before the gadgets are created with BlueGUI.

@mattman
tell me any problems that you come up with.

DarkBASIC Network X is now up to 126 commands, now has console commands (might or might not work, created own console window).

Will be in next update.

Click the sig
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 05:10
i have a problem with the os one - dbpro exits and one of the crash files appears

Used to be Phoenix_insane registered in september 2003 despite what the date says to the left <--
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 05:15
Thanks for telling me, I'll look into it. Keep on giving me any problems that come up like that.

Click the sig
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2005 18:37 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2005 19:19
i've found a couple more

my tested file->tells you what i've done and improvements i would like to see

attached is the result i get from x_message

the commands that i have not tested

by the way i'm not testing ANY registry commands as i like my computer

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2005 05:11
I'll look into the problems, and with the registry commands if you use the getsbukey commands your registry is not changed at all.

@IanG
I'll add you to the list of the users who will get a free copy of the software if the file will be released freeware.

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jan 2005 08:18
Bad news, until the dll conversion thing gets under control then I will be able to update, but it doesn't seem like that will happen for awhile.

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 06:40
update

I have reorganized the files so right now their are 7 files, 6 which are here. You can now have the files in the plugin-user folder and they will work. The commands that are not available, but are still in the help files are the Date/Time commands, and the registry commands(although I have not changed them from the previous upgrade). The dll conversion programs worked after I reorganized the project.

This is a pre-update full update will be released shortly, their have been no fixes yet, but now that I can convert the files I will start doing that now.

Click the sig

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jan 2005 22:08
version 1.0.3.0 will be released later on today, it will fix all the date/time commands, and will have examples of using some of the commands in DBP.The message commands will now work properly and IanG X_isnetwork will return 1 (or true) if their is any network connection what so ever, I am not sure on the actual guidelines of the command but I will look into it.

I will also release a DarkBASIC Network X Bug Report Generator. This is a program that will create files that will tell me what problems you are having. All you will have to do is select a command from a combo box, check a checkbox if the command works, and add any comments that you want, and then generate the file. The file will be formatted so that I can read all the reports in the same way.

Regards,
1tg46

Click the sig
IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2005 00:58
Quote: "I will also release a DarkBASIC Network X Bug Report Generator. This is a program that will create files that will tell me what problems you are having. All you will have to do is select a command from a combo box, check a checkbox if the command works, and add any comments that you want, and then generate the file. The file will be formatted so that I can read all the reports in the same way."

nice idea

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2005 04:23 Edited at: 6th Jan 2005 04:24
Update 1.0.3.0

This upgrade will fix all the date/time commands, and will have examples of using some of the commands in DBP.The message commands will now work properly. I have also fixed [or attempted to fix] some of the other commands. Included is the DarkBASIC Network X Bug Report Generator, this is a program that will create files that will tell me what problems you are having. All you will have to do is select a command from a combo box, check a checkbox if the command works, and add any comments that you want, and then generate the file. The file will be formatted so that I can read all the reports in the same way.

Please use the DarkBASIC Network X Bug Reports Generator and give me the output text file through the forum.

Thanks for helping with the program,
1tg46

Click the sig

Attachments

Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jan 2005 18:19 Edited at: 6th Jan 2005 18:20
Quote: "I'll add you to the list of the users who will get a free copy of the software if the file will be released freeware."

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2005 04:26 Edited at: 7th Jan 2005 04:28
Mis-typed the last word should be shareware, but with this project it will be released freeware. And if their are any more major plugins that I make they may be shareware.

I have pretty much fixed or attempted to fix most of the problems that IanG had, so if their are any other people who could help out and tell me which commands are working and which ones are not please use the DBN X Bug Report Generator and post the file on this forum.

Thanks,
1tg46

Click the sig
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jan 2005 06:30 Edited at: 8th Jan 2005 06:55
upgrade 1.0.3.1

New commands or commands that I have attempted to fix(their are still more than these that need to be tested, and I may be leaving out some commands that I have been working on lately):
X_isleapyear
X_isleapday
X_getOS
X_beep
X_getvirtualmemorysize
X_gettimesincesystemstart
X_productname
X_productversion
X_getcompanyname
X_timernd

Notice:
All commands, including the registry commands can now be put into the plugin-user folder in the Dark Basic Professional/compiler folder.

Now with 117 commands, all commands that are available should all be documented. Some syntax of some commands may have changed due to problems with the command.

I will release an update of DBNX Bug Report Generator within a few days once I have the open report function working properly.

We could still use beta testers, All the registry commands need to be tested and all the new commands or fixed commands need to be tested.

Regards,
1tg46

Click the sig

Attachments

dj chainz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 01:34 Edited at: 9th Jan 2005 01:39
I cant get the X_Inputbox() command to work on my Pc. I'm on windows ME if that's any help.

The input box appears on my taskbar, but it appears to be offscreen somewhere - I can't get it into view, and have tried it with a variety of X and Y values.

Also, I can't use the X_fontdialog command as on compiling it tells me I have a parameter mismatch error - even when all parameters are correct according to your documentation.

Sorry I couldn't find your "Bug Report Creator", but this is a very interesting project and a very good idea. I can't wait till all the commands run properly!

I am the lead programmer at red spark studios
I also have a blog on how to make a game engine
http://www.dbgame.blogspot.com
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 02:27
X_inputbox I found the same problem on Windows XP SP1. I have fixed the documentation for the fontdialog command, due to some technical difficulties I have taken out the effects and colorchoice option, so their are only the minpt and maxpt.

So it should look like

That should work, the bugreport generator is in the upgrade 1.0.3.0, I will release another version separately within a few days.

Thanks you very much,
1tg46

Click sig for DarkBASIC Network IDE.
dj chainz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2005 23:42 Edited at: 9th Jan 2005 23:57
Thanx

Pleez fix the inputbox as it would insanely useful for lvl editors!

Edit: Just tested fontdialog. Appeared correctly and all (no colours though, but im not complaining), but the min/max didnt seem to work - having put minpt=10 and maxpt=20, the numbers selectable were only 8,9,10. Selected Arial and entered size 15, clicked ok, but was told that "Font must be between sizes 0 and 10". Hmmmm...

Edit2 : Just retested command with min as 20, max as 30. It turned out to be selectable between sizes 0 and 20..... Maybe the variables are back to front and the minimum one(the second one) doesnt actually have any effect.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2005 01:21
I'll take another look, I may have the commands mixed up. And with the input box, I may or may not be able to fix it, but I will try. If you want to use an input box you could temporarily use Cattlerustler's plugin which is also freeware.

And I still need all the registry commands tested, or if not all just some as all the get and set commands all have basically the same code respective to the get and set commands.

dj chainz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jan 2005 22:08
Cattlerustler's plugin didn't work for me at all. And DBPro has registry commands already - isn't it pointless making a plugin that does this too, unless im missing something...

IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2005 01:19
Quote: "And DBPro has registry commands already - isn't it pointless making a plugin that does this too, unless im missing something..."

dbpro can only access certain parts of the registry - i think it's hkey current user, but i'm not sure

CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2005 02:00
thats true.

DJ, what was the problem with our plugin? I havent heard of anyone not getting it to work - maybe I can help...?

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2005 04:01
The registry plugin will allow you to access any part of the main registry with up to 6 levels of access at the moment. But all the registry commands need testing.

And all users of this software, I can't make updates unless you post problems, or have tested any of the commands. How I really want to do more upgrades I can't, because I am not getting the responses from the forums. I am also taking requests of commands that you would like to see.

Commands that I will not be doing:
GUI commands, like buttons, windows, panels, etc

Stuff that I do plan on doing:
Console commands (Cattlerustler, with VB.NET do you have to create a console window with the Form Designer or is their a command that will show the console window?)
Limited GUI commands, like about boxes, input, password prompts, etc

Thanks,
1tg46

Maleck
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jan 2005 09:03
I just saw this and downloaded. I will try getting it setup for me to try tomorrow, but I am really interested in some of the things mentioned, especially the registry commands as I need to do reads and writes from/to HKey_Current_User and DBP only allows HKey_Local_Machine access.

I['ll let you know what i find.
dj chainz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 03:59
Sorry Cattlerustler. Re-read the guide - the thing that threw me was the dropping the DLL in the project folder as well. It works now!

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jan 2005 07:30
I have an update ready, I am working on the documentation. I probably won't be able to upload the update until possibly this weekend, due to Semester Exams this week(AARGH!).

New commands that you will be seeing:
*X_fontdialog() - I have added the color choice and effect choice (should be the last time that I switch this)
*X_colordialog()
X_getcurrentuserdomainname()
X_getmousebuttoncount()
X_getmonitorcount()
X_getdoubleclicktime()
X_sysmenufont()
X_ismousewheelpresent()
X_isswapmousebuttons()
*=parameters are not listed for the command here

I have also tried fixing quite a few of bugs, all the bugs, fixes and new commands will be documented at release of update. And with the update I will include an updated Bug Generator, it won't allow opening due to problems, but it will still make the bug file.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jan 2005 06:26 Edited at: 13th Jan 2005 06:30
Upgrade 1.0.3.3

*X_fontdialog() - I have added the color choice and effect choice (should be the last time that I switch this)
*X_colordialog()
X_getcurrentuserdomainname()
X_getmousebuttoncount()
X_getmonitorcount()
X_getdoubleclicktime()
X_sysmenufont()
X_ismousewheelpresent()
X_isswapmousebuttons()
*=parameters are not listed for the command here

The bug report generator is in this upgrade, and I would very much appreciate it if you could use that program to post your problems with the plugin.

Attachments

dj chainz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2005 01:53
Attached beta report file

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2005 02:32
I will look into the problems.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2005 06:09 Edited at: 15th Jan 2005 06:11
Updated bug report generator

You will now have to spefcify your TGC account user name. An example of this is "1tg46", "dj_chainz", "maleck", etc. without quotes. This is just used in the filename so that I know who a bug report belongs too when I download it.

Added:
Feature Request option
Comments to Author option
TGC Account user name is required to make a bug report
You can now only choose commands that are on the commands list

Note:
I messed up the version of this program, it says 1.5 but it will be the same version as the next update.

Thanks and keep up the bug reports,
1tg46

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2005 23:49
Can more people test some of these commands? This will allow me to improve on the plugin, and make programming with Dark Basic Professional much easier.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2005 02:36 Edited at: 20th Jan 2005 02:36
Their should be another upgrade within a day or two, I am redoing all the documentation so that their will be a table of contents and you can just click the command and you will be 'transported' to that section of the documentation.

X_ctrlaltdelete - allows you to set whether you can use alt-ctrl-delete is disabled or whether it is enabled

X_RemoveX - allows you to remove the close button of the DBP window

X_Swapmousebuttons - allows you to swap the mouse buttons of the computer your program is running on.

X_colordialog - allow you to control a color dialog box

And their are also some more commands that I can't think of right now, and also some more that are fixed. The commands that I have worked on and need to be tested will be clearly stated in the table of contents.

Right now I am taking feature requests that you wish to see in the next update, and I am also taking last minute bug reports.

Thanks,
1tg46

dj chainz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2005 05:06
Nice commands - i heard disable systemkeys doesnt work in XP so that shud solve a few problems.

But whats the use of swapping mouse buttons?

IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2005 05:45
say if they user was left handed and wanted to use the buttons in a mirrored fashion

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2005 20:14
I have version 1.0.3.5 ready on my computer to upload once I get out of school, and since both X_ctrlaltdeleteenabled and X_swapmousebuttons crashed the dll_tool that I was using, neither of the commands will be in this release.

Up to 133 commands.

Regards,
1tg46

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2005 04:19 Edited at: 21st Jan 2005 04:22
Update 1.0.3.5

Their are some commands that have been fixed and many that have been added. I completely rewritten the documentation so that it should be easier to navigate. In the table of contents if you double-click right before the dll that you want then it will jump to that command area.

Attachments

Three Score
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2005 11:57
i havent read most of the posts but have u epxected for this to be free

come to my forums http://hck83.darktech.info/forum/ formerly: 404 name not found
"others understand me but i dont understand my own thoughts"
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2005 20:14
DarkBASIC Network X is completely free.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2005 06:48
I have started work on upgrade 1.0.3.7 and I am taking bug reports and feature requests for this next update. At the moment I am working on the DBP code examples so that I can also test some of the commands as well.

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 04:36 Edited at: 24th Jan 2005 04:39
Sorry, I was posting an update(1.0.3.7) but AOL would not let me put the file through the TGC file server . I will try again tonight

Regards,
1tg46

Thanatos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jan 2005 08:01 Edited at: 24th Jan 2005 08:05
1tg46 wanted me to test this thread, because he said that he could not post to it. Its working, he also wanted to say that AOL is still messing up for him so he will try again tomorrow for the update.

Working with 1tg46 on DarkBASIC Network.
Coming along great.
1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 02:15
Thanks Thanatos, once I am out of school I shall try to update again. I hate AOL .

Thanks,
1tg46

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 04:41 Edited at: 25th Jan 2005 04:51
Upgrade 1.0.3.7

All commands have been exported correctly, so they should all be able to be called [if they work correctly]. I have also been working on the DBP code examples so that they are more up-to-date, but not completely up-to-date. Many commands have been fixed [or at least have been attempted to be fixed]. I have removed the table of contents from the documentation, the dll's are now alphabetically documented.

I will try to come up with an excel file that will tell you what commands have been tested, which ones are broke, and which ones are working.

What I need from the forums is feedback on this set of plugins. I would like to here bug reports, feature requests, comments, and code examples for this plugin. I would vary much appreciate the forums involvement to make this plugin a working success.

Thanks,
1tg46

@I finally was able to update with Netscape, the problem might have been that the file was too large to transfer even though it was only 800KB. Now the file is only about 175KB, the exe files from when I was testing the DBP code was making the zip file was humongous.

Attachments

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2005 20:15 Edited at: 25th Jan 2005 20:15
Since I just released an update yesterday I will wait until next week before I release the next update which will have 172 commands (as of right now). Many of the new commands will return the size of a windows component like the horizontal width of a scrollbar,etc. The next update I will try to fix many of the bugs and the update will be 1.0.4.1.

Regards,
1tg46

1tg46
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2005 07:58 Edited at: 29th Jan 2005 11:38
Here is a program that should be mostly finished for the next release, but I thought I would give you an idea of what it is. This program is a program that was made with Visual Basic .NET with the same commands that are used in the plugin. (So that means that it has the same requirements as the plugin as well). This is a program that will show you what you should get in response to the commands when using the commands with DBP.

To find out what a command is suppose to return go to file>update this will update all the fields of the program. Then go to the tab of the corresponding dll, and then click a button or see what is in the edit field.

(Sorry if this is a bad explanation of the program, but I wrote this program sort of quick.)

And I am still looking for feedback with the plugin. I would like to see more bug reports and more.

Thanks,
1tg46

Click the sig for DarkBASIC Network X

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 12:12:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 12:12:29