Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / WORLD V1.00 - Free World Builder For DBP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 00:53 Edited at: 21st Mar 2009 16:02
For those who don't know what WORLD is, it is a free/royalty free world building and editing tool designed for users of DarkBASIC Professional. You can create complete worlds just by using the mouse to position, rotate and scale objects in your world.

Version of WORLD features the following:
Easy Point and click object Placement
Light Mapping System - light maps objects and capable of extremely high quality light map rendering
Entity system - Allows you to give meaningful names to objects without actually changing their filenames
Save your worlds as projects and load them up again whenever you want
World exporter - Exports your world and the code required to load it into your game
Help files documenting every feature of WORLD.
Simple Collision Detection - Detects when an object is overlapping another and colors red or green accordingly
model conversion tool - Converts 3DS or X files to DBO files.

Here are a few screenshots to show you what WORLD is capable of:

WORLD has been a project i've worked on for just over 3 monthes now and I'd like to thank all the people who have posted feedback,comments and critism on the following thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=88385&b=8

Since the Beta version was released in september, i've been working constantly to get V1.00 realeased. Well, here it is. You can download the updated version (1.2) of WORLD from:
http://world.mapmasterz.com/downloads/WorldV1_2.zip

I'd also like to thank Lost In Thought for providing the webspace that the WORLD website is hosted on. You can visit the website at: http://world.mapmasterz.com/

Hope you like the new version of WORLD. If you have any feedback, comments or constructive critism then please post it here.

Known Issues
Does not work properly (or at all for some people) on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
Light Mapping can sometimes mess up textures on models.

Credits
Lost in Thought - for hosting my WORLD website for over 2 years.

Peter H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 01:04 Edited at: 4th Nov 2006 01:12
I AM TEH FIRST!

downloading...
[edit] nice, lightmapping is pretty fast! I like how it makes an object red when it's colliding with another, because it can be hard to see sometimes...

"One man, one lawnmower, plenty of angry groundhogs."
LD52
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 02:10 Edited at: 4th Nov 2006 02:10
Finally the long awaited WORLD - gonna Download it now and import some objects and test it out!
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 02:22
awesome man, glad to see it released. I'll give it a going over as soon as I can and give you some feedback.

Wolf Dreamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 02:47
Wonderful job.

I would like a snap to grid option, if possible.

That would make it far easier to place things, provided one could alter the size of the grid.

It doesn't turn red when I place something overlapping something else. WORLD V1.00 Readme.txt does indicated this is working, but it isn't for me.

Is there any way to quickly add collision boxes around items, and have them bump against each other, like I mentioned in the old thread? And to have an option that makes all items check to see if there is collision beneath it, starting with those lowest down on the grid in case things are stacked atop them, and move down until it touches whatever is beneath it?

The last sane human being in a world gone mad.
If you were a cockroach, what type of cockroach would you be?
Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 04:48
Downloading now! I am so excited I have tried alot of map making programs but this one is the best! (This is also due to the fact that you will be incoparating Sparyks Collision DLL which is going to be totally wicked!)
The lightmapper looks fantastic!
Can't wait to try it out!

Wolf Dreamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 06:05
Quote: "
you will be incoparating Sparyks Collision DLL
"

Oh. Wasn't aware you had mentioned that. Haven't been keeping up, just checking back to see when the new version was out.

How soon until that is added in? Any idea? Not trying to rush or seem ungrateful, just curious.

Anyone know of a way to take the .dba code it exports, and convert it to a standard format used by other programs? Since it exports the name of the object, and its coordinates, it should be easy enough to import into other formats. Any freeware out there that does that?

Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 10:20 Edited at: 4th Nov 2006 10:22
@Wolf Dreamer:
Im hoping to start My Nvidia Compo entry soon. I'll get started on full collision system in any spare time I get. I'll see if theres something wrong with the object not turning red as well.

As Darth Vader mentioned, once the full collision system is completed, you will be able to export Sparky's collision code. And yes there will be a feature to make the objects drop down, as you mentioned. When I do that, i'll add a few options so that people can turn collision detection different parts of the collision dection off and on.

As for grid snap on, that's pretty easy. I've found a code snippet on the forums for that so i'll take a look at it in my spare time. I can already make the grid adjustable in size, so thats simple.

Thanks everyone for the comments so far.

just me
Years of Service
User Offline
wow it looks great,
but i still can't use it
still problems with direct x.
i hope the program is even good as it looks like.
happy creating everbody!
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 16:03
@Just Me

Don't know exactly what the issue is but here is a link for the last version (Oct 10, 2006) that Microsfot released of DirectX

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&mg_id=10047&displaylang=en

Quick Details
File Name: dxwebsetup.exe
Version: DX
Date Published: 10/10/2006
Language: English
Download Size: 42 KB - 27.7 MB*

Hope that helps.

In Memory of My Dad.
I miss you very much.
wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 17:19
I have request please. I think that would be cool, when i can write to object some information !
for example: box
I can choose for that box "physics_box" and now, i can write another data like mass=50, friction=0.5 etc, Do you understand? really, i think, this is really usefull Thank you for answer

PS: Real programmers aren't afraid of math!.
wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 17:33
I mean, that i can select entity class and add some values

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 22:23
Ill be looking into this tommorow,but for now ill be playing World Of Warcraft again (Just got it working today)

My arrival shocked some people maybe...but i dont seem to care anyway...behold my mights!
-Prince Of Darkness
dononeton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2006 23:12 Edited at: 4th Nov 2006 23:41
Ah man the lightmapper is ultra realistic. The camera sometime flips! Thanks this is really awesome. I wish I counld make something like that. I would know where to start

after a lightmap and you reselect an object and unselect that objects texture look odd but after a new lightmap it lokks fine

-don
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 00:56 Edited at: 5th Nov 2006 01:11
Forgot to make absolutly, completely, utterly, squeeky clear that anything you make with this editor is Royalty Free and the editor itself is Free. Meaning you pay absolutly peanuts.
Just felt that I needed to make that clear for those who said they'd be using it in their competition entries (I will be too).

@Just me:
Try what DBoy780 said, it has got to be DirectX, since everyone else has got it working (as far as I know).

@wh1sp3r:
Errm, i'll see what I can do about that, but I do have plans for adding physics in future versions. I have an idea of what you mean. I think you mean something like, if you were to position 6 cars in a row, you could store information such as their speed, acceleration, etc and then get that information when loading them into your game.

@dononeton:
ahah, you seemed to have found that bug that I seemed to have lost. I tried reproducing it but could never find it again. I just presumed I fixed it (until now of course).

So far, I haven't actually found out what causes that because when the odd textured object is reloaded, it appears fine.

I'll try fixing that in my spare time.

Quote: "I wish I counld make something like that. I would know where to start"

You could probably do it too. I think the best place to start when making an editor like WORLD is to get a system working that allows you to place objects (either by clicking the mouse or pressing different keys). Thats how I started anyway.

I've started work on my Nvidia compo entry today, so for now, i'll only be fixing any bugs that people find. I've have been told about 2 bugs. When I hear about a couple more i'll start working on fixing them and then release bug fix.

Heres what I plan to add to the next version of WORLD, once the Nvidia compo is over:
Full collision detection using Sparky's collision DLL
Shader System. Allowing you to apply shaders to objects and see them working in real time, saving you spending time on trying to get shaders working in your own code.
Physics system. Add support for using all three physics engines - Dark Physics, Newton and ODE. You'll be able to select the one you want to use
Grid snap and adjustable grid size
Maybe a system like whi1sp3r mentioned, if there is enough support
Spot Lights for the light mapper and ability to save light presets for later use

Like I said though, I only plan to work on V2.00 once the Nvidia competition is over. In the mean time, I will fix any bugs that people find.

just me
Years of Service
User Offline
@DBking and dboy780: yea thnx for the site anyway but the problem is i already have it
maybe i have to wait for the next direct x and hoping it works then
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 17:01 Edited at: 5th Nov 2006 17:02
This is important for everyone who has already downloaded WORLD V1.00. I've found a typo in the code (obviously my fault ) that WORLD exports. It stops you from loading nearly any world you try loading into your game.

So to solve this, i've fixed the bug now and released V1.00a. It only fixes the code exporter typo, but it will mean that you wont have problems trying to load your exported worlds.

Heres the link to the fixed version:
http://world.mapmasterz.com/downloads/WORLD_V1a.zip

Sorry for any inconvience. I just thought this was a very important bug (since you wont be able to load worlds into your games, without it being fixed).

@just me:
What does the message say about DirectX when it occurs?

MikeS
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Nov 2006 19:07
This is a very nice tool, and I see it having a lot of potential. I hope to see you follow up on the suggustud updates.

Keep up the good work.

A book? I hate book. Book is stupid.
(Formerly Yellow)
dhoward
Years of Service
User Offline
it does not work for me when i try to run it it comes up whith a error saying it can not run because it cant find MCF71.DLL help me please
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 03:13 Edited at: 6th Nov 2006 03:14
@Just Me, what is it doing when it fails. Do you get any messages. I have had finicky installs of DirectX myself, well on my wife's computer, that were problematic to update.

I sure hope the issue can be isolated (and hopefully solved.)

[did not read DBKings post before I posted, Sorry DBKing.]

In Memory of My Dad.
I miss you very much.
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2006 09:08 Edited at: 6th Nov 2006 09:11
@Mike S:
Thanks for the comment. Yeah i'll be adding more to it once the Nivdia compo is over.

@DBboy780:
Quote: "[did not read DBKings post before I posted, Sorry DBKing.]"

It's okay.

Vampiric
Years of Service
User Offline
Downloading, i've been waiting for this for ages

All bow down to evil
just me
Years of Service
User Offline
@DBking
it says nothing only if i look what direct x ihave its says "directx 9.0c".
dhoward
Years of Service
User Offline
it just comes up whith the error messege
dhoward
Years of Service
User Offline
can someone help me please i want this so bad
dab
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 06:53 Edited at: 7th Nov 2006 06:53
I hear a stick of dynamite works well on computers these days, the only problem is you need a permit to use it. In which case I use fireworks.
Edit: Forgot to comment on app:
Nice app, if I could get use to it, I could really use it

Take heed, never take advantage of the things you need, never let your self be overcome by greed. Walk a strigh line, pick up your speed and try. Everyone deserves a piece of the pie By: Shaggy
just me
Years of Service
User Offline
@DBking (srry had to be dboy780)
it says nothing only if i look what direct x ihave its says "directx 9.0c".
Wolf Dreamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 14:43
Can I save everything into a single .bsp or .map file?

And any chance you'd open source this so we can make modifications for our own needs?

Turoid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 15:05
very very good tool, the best i've seen made with db itself for db.

Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 16:19 Edited at: 7th Nov 2006 16:28
@just me:
Hmmm.. I dont know what else it could be then...
By any chance, do you have the DirectX SDK installed?
Just a thought because quite a few people on the forums have it installed. Heres the link if you dont:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=C72D9F1E-53F3-4747-8490-6801D8E8B4EF&displaylang=en

@Wolf Dreamer:
Well... to compile the source you'd need a few plugins as it uses a few commands from each of them:
- Dark Lights (used for the light mapper)
- BlueGUI (for the GUI obviously)
- Styx (for the INI commands)
- Sparky's collision DLL
- Cloggy's D3D Func (used for drawing the FPS, Polycount, Grid and Boundary Lines).

I dont really have any plans for making Open Source just yet though.

@Turoid:
Quote: "very very good tool, the best i've seen made with db itself for db."

Thanks!

Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 17:56
Yeah I just ran a test run, still too bogged down to do a full blown usage yet, and it looks great so far. I'll check back when I have more time to actually put it to practicle use and maybe even add support for it into my open source FPS engine

Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2006 23:05
@Lost In Thought:
Cool.
Just let me know if you find any problems and i'll get them fixed.

wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 00:40
2DBKING:
There is an example of values for object

you can see, that i can add values for object and this, i think is really usefull

dhoward
Years of Service
User Offline
help i need somebody help dont know were im at
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Nov 2006 04:08
If in doubt about your DirectX, run DXDiag to get the build number.

XP - Click START
Select RUN (menu option)
type DXDiag and press ENTER

At the lower edge you should see a build number.

You can also test your DirectX functionality and trouble shoot here.

On my Wifes Comp, we had to scale back the hardware acceleration to make the Sims 2 run more stable.

Just for the record my build version is
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

I have not downloaded the latest version that I linked to above.

My latest dates for some of the DirectX files is 9/03/2006

Every little bit of info has to (hopefully) help.

In Memory of My Dad.
I miss you very much.
dhoward
Years of Service
User Offline
no i have the same as you
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 04:44
I have not used it but this site is recommended for downloading missing or corrupt DLL files.

http://www.dll-files.com/

directions for installing are on the site.
Hopefully this will help.

Making nothing for the third straight year.

Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 09:34
@wh1sp3r:
When I come to working on V2.0. I'll see what I can do for something like that. It is quite a good idea, being able to store extra data for each object.

@dhoward:
Do you have the DirectX SDK(software development kit)?
The link to it is in my previous post, if you don't.

Note that having Direct 9.0C alone doesn't mean that you wont need the SDK. However, if you do have everything you say, give us a sceenshot of the error when it appears. We still don't even know what error it is you're telling us about. There are loads of different DX errors that the one your talking about could actually be.

dhoward
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you everybody fo their help the link DBoy780 post helped thanks
Don Malone
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 13:34
Just glad I was finally able to help. I can be slow at times.

Making nothing for the third straight year.

just me
Years of Service
User Offline
@DBking
aight i'll give it a try DBking, TY
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2006 22:25
@just me:
Or try Dboy780's link. That seemed to have worked for dhoward.

izaboo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 14:18 Edited at: 10th Nov 2006 14:35
in 0.9 i was able to place mesh terrains but in 1.0 i just get 3d memory errors but other then that its very nice!

the error is:
Runtime Error 7029 - 3D Memory Error at line 4088
Relativity
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 16:48
Hmm...I also seem to be experiencing a problem. I open the program, the window resizes to fullscreen, but then the Microsoft Error Reporting message comes up. I'd be very thankful for any advice as I'm at my wit's end here.
wh1sp3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2006 21:32
2DBKing: Hey, That would be cool :o) extra data for object, Its exactly, what I meant

Vampiric
Years of Service
User Offline
Right i've got the latest DX runtime and the latest DXSDK (october) but I still can't run it

All bow down to evil
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2006 20:37
Hmmmm... I dont know what else it could be then.

If someone could printscreen the error and show it here i'd know what to look for. If it gives a DX9 error then it must say something on the message. If not then.... i surrender.

Alemar
Years of Service
User Offline
DBKing
Sorry my english and I don´t have words to say that you did a wonderful job in this app.
Look to this images...
The program have some problems and the bad one is the alpha transparency don´t work.
all time that I setting the transparency and run the lighting , the program crash.
I tried with many formats. png, tga , dds...
everytime crash.
look to the windows and the big orange cilinder ... they are transparente but i had to turn off to rendering.
but the quality of the shadows is wonderful...
Great job!
Alemar

JerBil
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 21:46
DBking,
Just for your info only, World V1a will not run on Windows Vista RC1.
It starts then just quits. No error message.

Ad Astra Per Asper
FXTC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2006 22:45 Edited at: 16th Nov 2006 00:45
Download free 35 seamless textures pack - made in YDsoft

http://textures.eushoping.eu Go to download section

AMD 2,4 512MB RAM,2x200GB hdd,GforceFX5700GT128MB,IBM21"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 03:03:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 03:03:51