Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / [dark physics] phy set rigid body rotation bug on Y axis

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2007 05:19 Edited at: 16th Feb 2007 20:17
Using the latest version, and beta download, phy set rigid body rotation on the y axis does not work as expected.

X and Z work fine (although not in tandem, unless I'm using the command incorrectly).

However, along the Y axis, not only does it not rotate past -180 and +180, it doesn't always even rotate in the right direction!

EDIT:
So, the object not rotating along multiple dimensions at the same time is fixed when its one call over the multiple calls details above - and added a comparative object too.

Updated code to reflect this is:

But even so, the object encounters gimbal lock that easily? On a *virtual* object, it won't under the same conditions.
Philip
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2007 16:44
I'm a little sceptical that there is a bug with this command. I think maybe you are getting a bit confused because of gimbal lock etc.

I say that because the command seems to work 100% correctly in conjunction with WOLF's EZrotate commands. Here is an example of using the left and right keys to rotate a rigid body around its local Y axis. You'll need to use the downkey to rotate the object away from being orthagonal to the worldspace axes in order to see what I mean. Also, if you don't have a PPU (like lucky old me), you'll need to adjust the phy start command's arguments.

Cheer if you like bears! Cheer if you like jam sandwiches!
"I highly recommend Philip" (Philip)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 05:37:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 05:37:30