Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Sparky's Collision DLL for DarkGDK - Updated

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2007 23:00 Edited at: 1st Sep 2009 17:25
It's about time I got this out for DGDK so here it is, header, lib, 3 converted examples and the help files included.

The help files are for the original DBPro syntax but provide valuable information about how the commands work. The command names and function are the same, and the DGDK command syntax is in the header file.

Only 3 examples are included since it was simply taking too long to convert them by hand, as such I haven't tested the full command list so post here any problems and I'll take a look.

Edit: Attachment updated to version 2.05c

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 12:03 Edited at: 20th Feb 2007 12:05
Paul, I've been looking fwd into this for a long time since my port of NGC to the GDK got stalled because picking just wouldn't work (though the rest seemed to).

Many thanks!! Downloading it now!

edit: It's little morsels like these that reinvigorate the GDK community - nice one Paul+TGC.

I have vague plans for World Domination
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Feb 2007 12:12
Miguel, I may as well let the cat out of the bag before people get too anxious, but I've been working on the DGDK.NET port of NGC for a while... bar interuptions to sort other things of course. This is 80% complete and will be available from Nuclear Glory once it's complete.

Paul.

Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
That's cool, Paul. As I mentioned a couple months ago, I have a working version of a wrapper for the "normal" GDK which I meant to release to the community for free. I only didn't do it because picking, which just so happened was part of what I wanted to use it for, just wouldn't work in the GDK as it did in DBPro. Actual collision seemed fine, though.

At that time I sent a couple test programs to Matt (which is a really cool guy) to see if he could spot what was wrong from the dll's side but due to his work on Nuclear Fusion and him moving house, I never heard back from him. Meanwhile, my free time also diminished and I stopped chasing it up and just forgot all about it.

I have vague plans for World Domination
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 10:33
Great

These little improvments make GDK more and more valuable...

I know there are many stickies, but I'd add this as one of them too.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2007 10:37
I'll sort out a (Tools and utilities) thread later this afternoon. Similiar to the one I created in the Cartography Shop forum.

Paul.

Wilvis
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks paul have been waiting for this for a while glad to see it finally made it to dgdk.
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2007 04:22
I'll add Paul's link to the tools list tomorrow, so it won't go unheard

Paul.

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2007 05:07
Forgive me for interjecting...

Quote: "Miguel, I may as well let the cat out of the bag before people get too anxious, but I've been working on the DGDK.NET port of NGC for a while... "

Paul's collision DLL is much, much faster than NGC 4, and has superior collision. I'll never touch NGC again. Dark Physics + Sparky's DLL is faster than NGC 4.02 alone. In addition, NGC does not support box collision and does not allow you to rotate collision bodies.

Come see the WIP!
Lost in Thought
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2007 09:22
To each his own

Using Sparky's to emulate NGC's setup (true ellip sliding collision with instant all group feedback) is slower here (from the DBP code and not Sparky's itself).

As I said before the fast stack options in NGC along with the exclusive replacement commands work great here. Matthew just doesn't give any examples showing this, which will change in the next update if i have time to help him. There are a few bugs still in NGC, but they will be fixed in time.

I would love to see a version of both Sparky's and NGC in DGDK.net as I use Sparky's for applications that use non-sliding or sphere sliding collisions

I refuse to use more than one at a time whether it is faster or not, I hate wasting memory using a physics and collision or 2 collision systems at the same time. Nothing is really wrong with it I guess in todays computers, it's just a quirk of mine.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 02:54
Check the first post for the new version 2.05:

-All setup commands now use direct vertex access, memblock commands are no longer required
-Instance objects can now be setup
-Slightly increased the distance the collision point is move off the plane
-Fixed some link issues with GDK version when used with ShaderData.lib
-Direct vertex access means any object scaling must now be done after object collision setup to be noticed
-Fixed a bug that caused sliding collisions near 0 on any axis would cause a sticky collision instead
-Fixed a bug where objects with multiple transformed limbs would not be recognised as transformed during setup.
-New command to save object collision data to a file (SC_SaveCollisionData)
-New command to load collision data from a file to an object (SC_SetupObjectFromFile)
-New command to change the error handling mode to one of: ignore,display,or quit (SC_ErrorMode)

Check the DBPro help files (included) or the include file for info on new commands.
prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
The error mode option is awesome! I was always annoyed when the program displayed "Error: object 2 not setup" and quit, so thank you!
CheatCat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2009 10:40
Great! I didn't get any errors/warnings when I compile a game if I include Sparky's!

Now I only need a sliding demo with a cube instead of a sphere!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 17:50:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 17:50:36