Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Dusty Lazer -Space Sim

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2007 13:40 Edited at: 12th Mar 2007 13:43
Well this is a game Ive been dying to make for years but have not had quite the tools or $ now I am going to be going all out.
This is a space sim. With loads of action and the ability to trade Buy/Sell. Kind of a make your own life in space. There are many ways to build a reputation whether it be through violence or being a merchant.
Still early in development(many things will change) I have the basics in. I am now working on the trade/ Economic side. I still have more to code in way of shine and ship combat is not implemented yet. The collisions are in place. As well as the ability to repair your ship through the use of bots.

In short this still has a long way to go but I figured I get the post started here because I am dying to show off what I have thus far. Shot is in game.

I have planets in and I am working on a system to exploit them for resources as in the old star control game. But I want it to be unique and different.
Will feature several different galaxy's many ships. Asteroids to fly through etc.... There is a lot in place that is not shown as it is not ready yet.
Will update as I make some more significant progress.

Whats the RED button for ?

http://badtempergames.tripod.com
Escaped Ape
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2007 14:44
Hey Torq,

I know that feeling you are talking about, sometimes i only keep on coding to achieve the feeling i have when i posts first screens of my game. It was always worth it
Thats why i think it's important to get positive and constructive criticism.

To your game:
I loved the game "X - Beyond the frontier", will your game be made similar to it?
How will you be able to control your ship?
Are all the features displayed in the GUI working yet?
If so: good work so far!
One thing i would change is the position the ship is displayed at the screen.
I would position it more in the lower part of the screen.
Give me more infooos

Greets,
Ape.
Torq
Years of Service
User Offline
lol The ship position has already been changed and there is an in cockpit view added.
The whole gui works.
The bots work etc..
Bots are distributed to the damaged systems in order to repair. They are expensive but extremely valuable. Repairs at the bases will be very expensive so it is prefered to repair using bots.

In this instance there is no damage to the ship so the damage messages are not showing and there is no need to deploy the bots to fix it. Once the shields are dead then the player takes health damage. Its just a matter of hitting the buttons to deploy the bots.
All ship controls are done with the mouse. But thrust.
There is forward and reverse thrust. As well as up down (straf left and right) for the docking sequence. The mouse buttons are used for rolling left and right. the move ment is all handled by moving the mouse. (Pitch and Yaw) Very smooth....Its meant to be pick up and play.

Im not familiar to the game you are refering to. But this is more akin to sid meyers pirates. But with space action involved as well as some other arcade/adventure style events.
I am currently designing the other GUi's for trading at the space station and intcorporating those into the engine.

in the works are
Gui- redesign + creation for different events.

Asteroid field generation- I have asteroids that you can fly in and out of but I am working on a smart generation system.

Space combat - I have working AI but I am working on the AI weapon systems as well as the bullet collision.

Economy -Tough one here. I am still at the basic random generation of values. I want to look into some real economics to try to properly balance this.

Loads to go. Like I said there is a lot inplace already thats just not qite ready to show yet.

Whats the RED button for ?

http://badtempergames.tripod.com
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2007 16:44
Looks like you are a fan of 3DRT.com.

They have some fabulous low poly models on their site

Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2007 00:04
This looks great! I really... REALLY can't wait until you finish the engine and start upping the graphical look. Then, you can add HDR.. and my god

-Mansoor S.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 18:18:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 18:18:55