Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / DBPro, Animation, Jumpy, Loop Object,, DarkMatter 1... Confused

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 05:09
I have the USA model in DarkMatter 1 and I find it jumpy when I loop the object but in the DarkMatter "viewer" its smooth. My dude jumps somewhere in the animation - I can't tell how real frames it has - the direct x file itself has 18 keys - but I don't know if these are frames, or "chunks" of info for each limb's behavior during play.....

Should I write a program that somehow show each frame? Assuming you can show one frame at a time.

Any suggestions?
Jason P Sage
Thanx in advance.

Know way too many languages - Master of none
dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 08:30
Keys most likely means keyframes which are essentially snapshots of your model in a certain pose, I'd advise you use Set Object Frame rather than play/loop object as you get much more control over it and remember that the Set Object Frame command takes a float so you can tween between each snapshot.

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2007 14:42
Thank You DarkCoder. Looks Like I'll have to write timer based code to manually switch to the appropriate frame - to get smooth animation eh? Further more - perhaps an App that can load a model, count the direct.x "key frames" and allow "switching to them and allow making little "trial animation sequences" so I know what to put in the game.

Thanx for the advice!

Jason P Sage

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2007 17:44
@Dark Coder - BTW - This was a VERY useful bit of information I did not know about. Thank You.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-30 09:05:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-30 09:05:26