Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / switching between multiple weapon files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2007 05:50
in model pack 9 the XIX (AKA Desert Eagle) has a scoped and no scoped version. I read the file that came with it and dont understand how i can get the no scoped version to work in my MP game. Ive tried changing the texture file that it reads and putting that as the texture to use in the gunspec file. And yet i still cant find out how to get rid of the scope. Anyone have any info for me on how to do this?

USMC
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Sphinxy,

In the XIX directory, there should be multiple .x files. Something like HUD.x, VWEAP.x, HUD_scope.x, VWEAP_scope.x, HUD_noscope.X and VWEAP_noscope.x.

To use the non-scoped version in your game:

1. Backup all of the .x files to a separate directory.

2. Delete the HUD.x and VWEAP.x files.

3. Rename the two files with the _noscope suffix so that HUD_noscope and VWEAP_noscope are now simply HUD and VWEAP.

4. Open the gunspec.txt file and comment out the line for the scope function.

There might have been a simpler way to explain but basically FPSC will only recognise HUD.x and VWEAP.x. It ignores the other files with the suffixs. There is also a readme in that same directory explaining what the different .x files are. If you need to also change the pickup weapon to reflect the non-scoped version, go to the entity bank and change which model the .FPI calls on. There should be an unused mesh in the entity directory with XIX in the name that is not called by default.

Hope this helps.
Sphinxy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2007 22:24
alright ill try that, when you say "comment out" the line. i assume you mean delete the whole line? or just add a "0" at the end?

USMC
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2007 22:55 Edited at: 25th Sep 2007 22:56
"comment out" means put a semicolon ; in front of the line so it can't be read in the script. This way in the future should you want a scoped version all you have to do is erase the semicolon.

Sphinxy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2007 01:31
ah alrighty. thanks disturbing.

USMC

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 02:08:13
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 02:08:13