Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / Object Transparency not working with instanced objects

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 14:49 Edited at: 19th Dec 2007 16:37

Setting transparency on to an instanced object with a partially transparent texture does not have the desired effect.

It seems that the fully transparent parts work ok but the parts with partial transparency show through to the background UNLESS there is another object between them.

You will need an image with partial transparency to run the code. Click the download button to use the one that I have used.

You Tube Video

Attachments

Login to view attachments
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Dec 2007 21:14
I think what you are saying is that transparency for an instanced object seems to be treated differently to a non-instanced object.

I'll mark as confirmed, but as they are instanced objects, I'm not sure what Lee can do about it - he may reject this one later.

Utility plugins collection and
http://www.matrix1.demon.co.uk for older plug-ins and example code
coolgames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2008 09:02
Please fix this! This is causing me some problems with my current project. I've attached an image. It shows two pieces of grass on a terrain. The one on the left is the original object. The one on the right is the instanced object. I'm using transparency mode 2 and dbpro version 6.8. I could use transparency mode 4, but that causes the grass to disappear when the camera moves even a short distance away from it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2008 18:57
It has been fixed. Just not marked as fixed on this bug report.

Quote: "I'm using transparency mode 2 and dbpro version 6.8"

Try updating and you will see that it is indeed now working

coolgames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2008 02:52
I just updated to 6.9 and it works! Thank you!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:24:23
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:24:23