Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Fighting For Freedom By Tv-XxX Media

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2008 16:32 Edited at: 14th Sep 2008 14:48
Hi, This Is The Diary For The Project Fighting For Freedom (Or F4F) A First Person Shooter, By Tv-XxX Media.
Hopefully There Will Be A Post At The End Of Everyday, Keeping You Updated On Our Progress. So I'll Smarten This Post Up When I've Got Time.

Downloads

Offical Download 16-07-08

Day One - 17/01/2008

It Begins, Today We Have Stated Coding The Basics, Thus Far We Have A Test Level, A Test Chaacter (Who Can Run Forward and Backwards). So Here's A Video After Day One. (Also At This Point Its A 3rd Person Shooter)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1PWCCAjJuM

Day One - 18/01/2008

Guns, Guns, Guns... Man There Annoying. I Started Introducing Them Today, But Havn't Got To Far, But Have A Look At The Video, Hopefully Will Have It A Bit Nicer By Tomorrow, Also Added The Start Of FPS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1RFk_f3-LI

Day Three - 19/01/2008

Well Today I've Mainly Been Looking At Multiplayer, and Well, Got Nowhere Really, I Can Play Against Myself On My Local Network, But Noone Who Isn't On My Network Can So I Haven't Really Got Anything To Show, Although I Did Start Adding Jumping and Crouching. Also Dale2507 (Our Interface Programmer) Has Been Working On A Nice Load Up Screen, So Check Out The Pics and Video Below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTGzH7MDA1I

Day Four - 20/01/2008

Back To Guns... Well Ray Casting. I've Got The Basics Down, But They Still Need Alot Of Work. Check Out The Video. Also I'd Like To Apolagise For The Audio Being Out Of Sync.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_0NAFeHDBc

Day Seven - 23/01/2008

Sorry You Havn't Had An Update For Awhile But Nothings Really Happend, Although Multiplayer Nearly Works 100% On Local Host But We Can't Connect Online Yet So Hope Fully Tomorrow Or Day After All Post a New Video Showing MultiPlayer.

Day Ten - 27/01/2008

Ok, I've Made A Video Just To Keep People Interrested, But It SHows That We Are Advancing. The Video Shows, Two People Logged On To The Game Server, It's Still Very Buggy But We're Gettin There.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KigEOgKnGc0

Day 150? - 14/06/2008

Well Its Been Along Time Since I've Updated This Main Post, But, Allot Has Been Going On (Mainly Exams) But Now Everything Has Cleared, and F4F Is I Full Swing, To Start A String Of Updates, I've Made A Little Video Showing The Beginings Of First Person Shooting... Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMf8m1PHU0M

Day 154 - 18/06/2008

Ok, New Video Showing New Gun Models.... YUMMY lol, I Did Have Ray Casting Working For Characters but I've Dismantelled It To Make It Better, and To Increase Game Play Speed, Ect... Also Started Doing A Tidy Up Of The Main Code, As There Was A Lot Of Waste Code.
Hopefully A Playable Version Soon Tho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxUbphScC3w

Day 182 - 16/07/2008

Check Later Inpost, New Images!!!
Ok Today Is A Good Day Added Teams, Respawn, Health Refill, Ammo Refill, Three Different Character Classes (Assault, Heavy Weapons, Sniper), Add Scope, Added Different Weapons For Each Class, Added Each Weapons Own Vars (E.g. Ammo Amount Damage Ect...)
Yer SO Bassically I Finished The Game (17 Hours Of Straight Coding and 12 Cans Of Smiths Sure Does Get Ya There) Unfortunally I Can't Release It Yet as Finnal Bug Checks Are Being Done, Tho A Beta Release Will Be Out This Weekend, Then Hopefully, A Program Announcement Will Be Made.

Day 242 - 14/09/2008

In Game Guns and Chat Added.
Check Later In Post For Images and More Info.

Cheers TDT (The Developement Team)

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2008 17:35
Wow, that looks really nice! The animations are great and the movement is smooth. I can't really tell how good the textures are due to youtubes low video quality, but the graphics look good!

asdsdfaghkdlgahdfkj.
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2008 17:43
Please Dont Type Like This! Thank You!!

... Anyways looks really great

Click For Details!
Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2008 17:49
Thanks For The Feedback, and Why Does It Matter How I Type?

Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2008 17:59
It Looks Really Annyoining!

Click For Details!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2008 18:14
Yes, that way of typing looks very confusing. Its Like You Start A New Line At Every Word You Use. Which Just Looks Odd And Confusing.

Anyway, looks pretty good.

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2008 18:16
Lol, Well Im Sorry, But I Always Typle Like This, and Cheers For The Feedback

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't notice until they said something about it.

I love the look of this game, it really gives you a lot of options as to where to go when developing the levels. By the way, I suggest having a look at the shaders pack, bloom would really fit this game.

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2008 21:10
How did you make it through school like that?

Looks pretty good.

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2008 21:37
Lol I'm At Collage, But In High School, I Got;
A in Maths
A In ICT
A In Music
and C In English lol.

Note: Theres now A Download In The First Post

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 00:17 Edited at: 20th Jan 2008 00:17
Okay Thanks For Letting Us Know. It Looks Pretty Good, But I Must Say I'm Impressed That You Use Interpunction With Your Writing Style, Since It Is Both Absolute Nonsense And Contralogic To Use. I Hope You Don't Do This In-Game Too, But Admittedly The Game Looks Cool!

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
tha_rami: You Just Wrote In Abreviation.
OTFLUKILPGBIMSIITYUIWYWSSIIBANACTUIHYDDTIGTBATGLC.
But I think that the following footage you shown us are great.

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 10:09
Little idea, add a muzzleflash to the guns. I didn't see anything happen, but I did hear gun shots. which looks just a little bit strange in my opinion.

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 12:27
Quote: "Little idea, add a muzzleflash to the guns. I didn't see anything happen, but I did hear gun shots. which looks just a little bit strange in my opinion."

As It Says On Day Two, I Had Only Just Started Work On Guns, and On Day Three, They Have Been Removed, But Muzzle Flashes Will Be Used.

Cheers

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 16:03
It's Slightly Off Topic, But May I Ask Why You Don't Capitalize The Word 'And', Because That Does Look Slightly Inconsistent.

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 16:32
I Don't Know Lol, I Think Its Becouse The Word "and" Doesn't Look Right With A Capital "A" Lol.

AndrewT
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 18:13
Neither do "Don't", "Know", "Think", "It's", "Because", "The", and just about every other word in your sentence.
Dr Parsnips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 18:15
Quote: "Neither do "Don't", "Know", "Think", "It's", "Because", "The", and just about every other word in your sentence. "

lol Does this really matter that much? Anyway great looking game, I like it alot.

HMMMMMMM
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 19:47
Rami please stop, it's painstaking to read...if you don't, I'll vow that I'll ignore every single post you make from now on.

As for the whole capitalization issue, in a title the first word, the verbs, adverbs, nouns, pronouns and adjectives tend to be capitalized, like 'The End of the World' looks good to me (Well sometimes I've seen 'the' capitalized in a title) . But in a normal sentence, please it's just painstaking to read, particularly for sticklers.

Anyway, aside from the insignificant nagging. I think your game looks pretty good judging from what you've shown and I think I'll watch the tread to see how this progresses and where you go with it.

Enjoy!

It takes blood and guts to be this cool, but I'm still just a cliche
tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 20:42
I knew a guy who wrote like ee cummings where everything was lowercase, and there were hard breaks in the sentences. Almost as if he was writing poetry, but he was not. It was just a way to get attention, and not much else. Since it is actually MORE work to capitalize the first letter of each word, I can only assume the same applies here.

By the way, game looks pretty good!

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 22:15
Lol, It's Not FOr Attention, I Mean Look At All My Other Posts, There All Like It, Go On Other Forums That I'm On I DO It, Look At Code I Write, Thats Like It, Even My Collage Coursework Is Like It. Oh and Check Out Day Four, We Have Shooting

Cheers.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 22:22
Okay, Seppuku. No. More. Unnecessary. Capitalisation.

It looks pretty good .

PresFox
Years of Service
User Offline
I Have To Admin The Game Looks Cool And Its Very Fast To Get This Done In Three Days

It Is Also Very Slow Typing Capitalizing Every Word, I Dont Understand How It Can Ever Become A Habit

Microsoft isnt evil, they just make really crappy operating systems -- Linus torvalds
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 22:51 Edited at: 20th Jan 2008 22:58
Would everyone just stop with the capitalization comments? At least his typing is much better than 'tieping leik dis' which I have seen on these forums. Anyway, the game looks great, and as soon as my physics drivers are finished downloading and installing, I will test it.

EDIT: I found a bug that you should try to fix (Image attached)

-Dan

http://Freewebs.com/noobisoft
Come to Noobisoft's website today!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey I found a bug in your image and I know a solution POST IN .jpg not .JPG GAH!

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2008 23:48
What You Mean Bug In The Image?

Oh and Anyone Who's Thinking About Downloading The Game, I'd Leave It a Week, As It's Still Alot Buggy Lol.

Cheers.

Dr Parsnips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2008 01:43 Edited at: 21st Jan 2008 01:45
Quote: "Hey I found a bug in your image and I know a solution POST IN .jpg not .JPG GAH!"

Didn't realize that there was a difference? Oh well he means the gun pointing out of the players hands.

EDIT:
Just looked at the new movie, looks pretty good, when are the guns going to be in the hands? just curious?

HMMMMMMM
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2008 03:07
@ Dr Parsnips:

Some people apparently end up having to download .JPG's rather than just viewing them, hence Deathead wanting a .jpg.

@ Deathead:

Did you seriously take the time to write out that abbreviation?

Deathead
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@ Deathead:

Did you seriously take the time to write out that abbreviation?"

Haha. Ye.lol I'm sad.
Reason why I want .jpg is because Apollo gets confused when they are capitilized hence the reason of my post.

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2008 02:46 Edited at: 28th Jan 2008 18:40
New Download Located Here
Download Fighting For Freedom Here
and In Original Post.

Cheers Tv.

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Why put it in installer? I refuse to download because of it, it just lengthens the downloading and removing process, just zip it instead.

Scythe cs3
Years of Service
User Offline
Heres F4F in a zip. For all those not wanting to use the Installer. Its uploaded onto rapidshare, for some reason the forum wont let me upload it using the attachment thing.

http://rapidshare.com/files/87270113/F4F.zip.html

Please give us some feedback. And if anyone knows anything about getting Team Deathmatch on to DBPro it would be hugely helpful.

Thanks, Scythe
Scythe cs3
Years of Service
User Offline
Meh, sorry bout double posting but heres a video of the new map that ive been working on. This is the first version of it so far:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FtTIrgAsCKY
Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 20:23
Hi Everyone,
Sorry If Anyone Thought This Project Was Dead, But We're Having Real Troubles With Networking, So It's Not Dead But, It's Being A Pain For Getting Networking To Work. So Sorry, But As Soon As We Get It Working You Will Know!

Cheers

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 20:37 Edited at: 23rd Apr 2008 18:27
Hello, TGC Forums, We're Back
and We have A Fully Working Server
Ok We Had To Back Track Allot, So Shooting Is Now Not Working, But We Can Connect To The Server Over Lan and WLAN (Internet), So Keep an Eye Out Here People.

Server Screen Shot

Server Screen Shot With Two Users (Over Internet)

SAS Screen Shot (With Two Users)

Rebal Screen Shot (With Two Users)

Yours TvMT (Tv-XxX Media Team)

darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 03:33
This looks awesome so far.

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 03:16
I see you're using character models from FPS Creator's Model Pack 1.

F4F looks very nice right now, by the way. Is this being made in DBPro?

Satchmo
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes.

Darth Vader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 16:44
Oh no, his whole website is capitalized!
That really makes my eyes twirl!

Apart from that this look really good!

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 17:31
Yes, We are Using The Model Packs From FPSC, Until I Can Be Bothered Making Some. and Thanks

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 22:09
If you're planning for this to be an FPS, I recommend you get MP9/10 from Errant AI as well, they're superb weapons!

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 22:19
Thanks, and we dont no wether to go first person, or leave it 3rd, I no that Scythe (head of art and design) wants to go fps, but i like 3rd lol.

We shall see

Yours,
Tv.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 00:56
Cool game... weird name. TV XXX? Sounds kind of... adult-entertainmentish .

Anyways I like how you're documenting this. Just a tip on the weapons system, be sure to program a very stable system to allow for the addition of multiple weapons into the game easily. If you hard code every weapon (meaning if weapon = pistol then do pistol stuff, if weapon = rocket launcher then do rocket launcher stuff, etc. ) you'll run into all sorts of problems. I spent about 2 months working on a weapon library for one of my FPS projects and it ended up being a life saver, every weapon had a set of about 30 different variables, stored in a UDT array, loaded from a .wep file. You could just make a new file called rocketlauncher.wep, and set it's properties like explosion radius, bullet speed (setting it to 0 would use distance raycasting, otherwise it'd use movement raycasting), ammo, model, animation data, everything, it was great.

So yeah, just a tip from someone thats made their fair share of FPSs a long time ago. Keep it up, loving the background music btw .

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 01:01
Cheers Ruccus, (Must Admit It Is an Honour To Have You Post On My Thread)

and Yerh, Tv-XxX, Allot Of People Type "XxX" Into Google, So I Get More Views Arn't I Clever Lol.

and Thanks On The Advice, and This Is The Way We Were Planning On Doing Wepeons But A Wasn't Sure on How To Go ABout It, But Thanks To You, Im Sure, We'll Figure Something Out.

But Unfortunatly, COding Is Going Slow As My Team Can Only Get Together For Around 5 Hours A Week Now Grrr At Exams.

But We Are Trying Our Hardest.

Yours
Tv.

P.S. You've Gotta Have Good Background Music Really Havnt You

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 02:46
What year and country is F4F set in? You could get EAI's weapon packs, and compare 3rd to 1st, see what tickles your fancy.

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 17:34
Erm... Country Is America I Suppose (Although Im British) and Year, Is The Present Date.

I Also Think It's Gonna Be First Person, Cos, Well I Dont No Lol, But, I Think It Will Be FPS.

on Another Note, I've Been Working On Shooting Today, And It Works, To an Extent, The Accuracy Is Just A Little Off. So I'll Have Another Look Now

Hopefully Ill Have Some Screen Shots Later Tonight, After I Get Back From The Pub.

Yours
Tv.

Garzu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 19:44
For those that really care....
the typing style used is called Title Case.

words like "and, the, or" etc are not capitalized. I have to use this an awful lot when typing out menu's for conference dinners and lunches (and it's a pain to remember all the rules!)

back on topic... Looks good so far

Finished Projects : Spellmaker (Old Boardgame, Dodgy DB Pro Multiplayer commands included!)
Current Project : PBeM version of War of the Ring in 3D.
Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2008 15:16
Slight Problem People

I Was Meant To Be Finishing Of Shooting This Weekend, But I Have Just Had To Wipe My Laptop (Stupid Dell) So I Have Lost All The Code :o But Another Member Of The Team Has A Full Source, So I Will Obtain This On Monday (Unless I See Him Befor)

But Before I Lost The Code, I Basically Had Shooting Coded and I Think I can Remember Most Of The Code, So We Will Be Releasing A Version Of Fighting For Freedom Soon

Yours Tv.

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2008 23:35
Ok, So We Now Have Another Bug... Oh The Joys Of Game Development

Ok... here Is The Main Topic Post

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=128753&b=1&p=0

Cheers To Anyone Who Can Help

Tv.

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2008 20:17
Fixed The Gun Bug!

Nerli Finished Exams, So Full Work Begins Next Week, We'll Have This Game Working Soon, I Promise XD

Yours

Tv.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:03:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:03:05