Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / ProceTex - Texture Generation (free offer)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2008 01:36
Hi,

after working with procedural textures very much during the last months (for school) I wrote a small texture generation-program with all kinds of generators (like perlin noise, random noise, mathematical patterns, simple shapes etc.), filters and operators (distortion!).

While playing around with all those features and creating the craziest textures just with my keyboard (the program runs with a very very basic textbased interface) I decided to go online with all this stuff.

So I gathered all my knowledge (with much help of some friends) of html and php and created a small homepage with gallery and so on. Apart from that I had this funny idea that I could include an ordering-system so everyone visiting my homepage is able to order a texture for free (For more information visit the Offer-Section).

And that’s the main-point: Anyone of you needing average quality textures in any resolution (up to 4096*4096 should be possible) without questions of copyright etc. for free can order some textures on my homepage. As long as I have time and you agree with the (really weak) conditions (see Offer-Section again) I’ll make your textures and you’ll be the one and only game developer in the world using this individual texture (so I won’t publish it anywhere).

To see some examples of my work visit the gallery.

So, this thread might look like a big advertising for my homepage, but in fact it’s just a free offer to create textures for anyone without strict conditions.

So, at first here’s the link to the homepage I’m talking about: http://procetex.net.tc/

Below you can see some examples. Thanks for your interest.

Pet A Mizzle
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow that's some really good textures!

Grrrr you ALL!
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2008 19:47
thats very good.

This is my WIP, not even ready for a WIP thread yet though.http://smallgroupproductions.com/
Tinyschu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 06:13
Pretty good! Keep it up! You may want to work on the cloud one because the clouds look a little to sharp at the ends, so soften them up and you will have a great sky texture. Nice job!

Tinyschu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2008 06:21 Edited at: 26th Mar 2008 06:22
Double Post

Here is a soft copy of your clouds for you, take it as your own work because you made it not me, I only enhanced the puffyness of the clouds. Its seamless, I made sure.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2008 17:49
@Tinyschu: Indeed, the texture looks much better this way. I'll try some distortion-tricks to modify my clouds and maybe add a kind of bloom-filter.. we'll see if my clouds get better then.

@All: Thanks for the positive comments.. I posted the link in the German FPSC-Forum and got 3 (all very negative) answers. I'm aware of the fact that the textures aren't as good as high quality photographs, but they were never meant to be "awesomely realistic". I just wanted to offer my help to some guys without any experience in texture-generation needing help.
Nobody ordered anything yet, so there's enough time for me to expand my program and make it "intelligent" so it'll create textures on it's own all the time I am not working with my computer. Nevertheless I don't have that much time because school started again. However, thanks for your interest.

Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2008 01:00
I think these textures are very good. Why do you think the Germans are down on them? In German does you moniker have a negative connotation? In English it simply translates to "carbon". It would only have a negative connotation in the phrase 'carbon copy', which is now figuratively used for "not original".

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 16:22:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 16:22:33