Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Bug Reports / set animation volume

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2008 13:26
the bug is back again ... when playing .AVI or .MPG, whatever value I enter between 0-100, the volume is still the same ... I am using 6.7

Could you help me treat my injured Dino-Fly ?
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2008 14:53
thanks also. can you please check the "MIDI files bug" thread (same page) ??? cause I saw MIDI files change the overall Windows MIDI volume if their volume is changed from DB but this doesn't happen for .MP3 or .WAV files ... any idea why ??? I mean what's the bug? MIDI files changing the global MIDI volume or .MP3, .WAV files not changing the global Wave volume ???

Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2008 20:52
hmm that's what I thought so the Master volume has a way of doing this right ??? I mean since the volume doesn't change, I presume MASTER CH knows how to "share" a piece of the channel to independent music files, right ??? so that's why the channel doesn't get changed ... just my theory thanks a lot WindowsKiller !!!

Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2008 18:01
well what I wanted to say was that in DBPro, you can set separate volumes for individual MP3 or WAV files, which use the Master channel ... so I don't understand why can the Master channel give separate volumes for separate files, while the Midi channel only knows about one global volume ... sorry if my posts are ambiguous but it's one of those times I have to make very long sentences and even I try to find a shorter way of explaining things so basically, I see the Master can control independent files while Midi can only control ALL or NOTHING ...

Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2008 23:41
ahhhh that explains it thanks WindowsKiller !!!

jinzai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2008 23:50 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2008 00:21
That's a very accurate guess. mmsystem.dll/winmm.dll is the place to find that mixer you want to control. If you want to start a thread elsewhere about using it...I might stop by, and give my two cents worth. That would help alot of people encountering the same issue.

I'm not convinced this is a bug...more like an issue of scope, where we want more, and DBPro has less.
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 10:26
yeah I realize now this ain't a bug but still, the help files should mention that "if you however change the volume of a MIDI file, your whole Windows MIDI volume will remain set this way, until you change it back up" I mean I think people should know they change Windows's global volume when playing with the sounds in-game ...

Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 14:31
I agree. This should be marked as confirmed. This bug (or helpfile limitation - call it what you like) is the same one that was discussed on the following thread:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=127800&b=15

I find it hard to believe that the current behaviour is the intended behaviour - but it might be, in which case someone should explain why.
pcRaider
Years of Service
User Offline
OKey, GG
This is a bug of helpfile.
You write the helpfile.
OK, GG, please.
Green Gandalf
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Malevolence:Sword of Ahkranox, Skyrim, Civ6.
Posted: 22nd Apr 2008 16:41
Quote: "OKey, GG
This is a bug of helpfile.
You write the helpfile.
OK, GG, please."

I would - if I was prepared to join the list of forum members carried away by the men in white coats.
Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2008 11:27
LOL men in white coats thanks for the approval Green Gandalf !!!

IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2008 21:31 Edited at: 24th Apr 2008 21:36
I'll confirm this, but I suggest you raise another report for the midi bug else it's likely to be missed during one of the infrequent bug-fix events.

[EDIT]Forget that - I see you already have.

Twinsen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2008 10:31
yep, it was there even before this thread it's funny cause I've made 2 threads related to different volume problems I'm the volume bug master (kidding)

Xgame101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2009 19:50
Okay, this bug is still here as was listed http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=158907&b=15
in that thread.

Xgame101
1024 Studios

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:25:50
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:25:50