Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Help please !! creating objects from triangles

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am trying to create an object built up from many triangles, I have tried using create triangle object for the first one then create another, cobvert it to a mesh and add it as a limb but the second triangle just vanishes ? Any ideas how I can create each triangle and group them together to form a surface ?
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2003 12:43 Edited at: 30th Jul 2003 12:50
Not with DBClassic, but with DBPro, you can make your object as a memblock, which is really just a case of adding each triangle in sequence then converting into a mesh - which can be added as a limb or created as a new object.

If you have DBPro, I suggest taking a look at Kevils excellent memblock matrice demo, I've managed to make a really cool little engine from it with trees and bushes being created in much the same way as the ground tiles - and a layered landscape, which allows flat sided cliffs and ramps (I can even make half-pipes). Texturing may be a problem, but it is quite easy to set the UV coordinates, just tricky to calculate what the coords should be. Obviously texturing a landscape is far easier than texturing a complex mesh. But - you can do some cool stuff like colour the vertices and set the normals, stuff that is not really that accessible in modelling software.

EDIT:
Forgot to say, when you create a triangle, it is a single object, so you'd have to create a triangle then convert to a mesh, then add as a limb to a main object.

Van-B

My cats breath smells of cat food.
sidsnot
Years of Service
User Offline
I am now trying memblock code, but daunting but thanks for the pointer

All help gratefully received

A
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2003 02:07
An alternative that you might want to try is to make triangles and attached them to each other as limbs.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 02:06:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 02:06:29