Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Anyone have a Half life model?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2008 00:14 Edited at: 28th Dec 2008 00:14
Any one have a .smd or .max half life model???? Fully rigged??? Please share it.

It can be any kind of half life model.

Love FPS Creator x10
Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
I hate pirates. If this was an FPSC board i'd be flaming you right now.

Alucard94
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2008 00:42
Quote: " If this was an FPSC board i'd be flaming you right now."

What's the difference?

Alucard94, the member of the future of the past.
Game Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2008 00:49 Edited at: 28th Dec 2008 00:49
Quote: "What's the difference?"

I don't really know... I guess i'll flame away then...

u arez noob cauz u pirate

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2008 01:46
*Sigh*

Maybe he needs it for a reference?

Despite this, it's illegal to re-distribute copyrighted media, so no can do, I'm afraid...

monotonic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2008 01:50 Edited at: 28th Dec 2008 01:50
While we're at it, could someone give me a copy of the big bosomed nurse model from Silent Hill: Homecoming.

WARNING! The author of this post is most probably drunk or asleep.
DrSteel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 12:02 Edited at: 29th Dec 2008 12:03
So you there is no free model???

Why is he calling me a pirater?+ i just asked for some free resources, i ddn't know it was bad to ask that -.-

Anyway sorry... I ddin't know. All i asked was for some free resources similar to half life models.

I got a CD of half life 2. if i install it, would i have the models then?

Game maker ,,,, every thread i make you reply:

"Why shall we trust a pirater"

What the heck is the matter with you??? im not a pirater? Just shut up if you don't got anything good to say.

Love FPS Creator x10
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 12:11 Edited at: 29th Dec 2008 12:15
You could find that free version of Softimage XSI, I'm sure that's the one - it comes with some Half Life 2 stuff, like a go-kart buggy things and one of the new-age police guys. Should let you do whatever you need to with them and no risk of being called a pirate.

Game Maker - your services as forum police are not required, what you are doing is actually trolling.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 12:37
While I shall attempt to remain in the mods's favour here, I agree with game maker. Ripping models from Half-Life 2 is illegal, and hence he is labeling you as a pirate.

DrSteel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 12:52 Edited at: 29th Dec 2008 12:53
I ddin't know....

btw thanks Van B

www.x10community.ath.cx
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 16:54 Edited at: 29th Dec 2008 16:54
Make your own

3.19GHz - 7600GT - 1GB - Windows XP
Visit my youtube profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/bergice1
Mr Tank
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 17:15
I don't see what's so wrong. As long as you don't publish your game, i reckon the half life peeps would turn a blind eye. Copying the actual game is bad. Using its models to tinker with, resulting in more publicity for their game is pretty cool.

It's like this TV show i saw once. Some kid had taken a Dali book, cut it up and made a collage, and sent it to Dali, who thought it was cool and invited the kid around his house.

Anyway, i don't have the models. Sorry.

Is it possible to rip models out of most games? I'd quite like to tinker with some from Tekken.

Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 17:52
Quote: "What's the difference?"

My pic is useful again!

Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 20:51
Quote: "I hate pirates. If this was an FPSC board i'd be flaming you right now."

As far as I can tell, he's not requesting for the actual contents of HL2, Infact, he's asking for models that are ready for compile into Ep1/OB Engines.

Quote: "
Despite this, it's illegal to re-distribute copyrighted media, so no can do, I'm afraid..."

Depends if you mean the stock or custom made skins and such.
Most Skin realeasers use a copyright system known as "Creative Commons". Which allows the user to copyright there work, meaning I could make it so that no user is allowed to redistribute, or I can allow them to re-distribute but credit the contents authours.

Here's the link to the CC copyright thingeh majigeh http://creativecommons.org/license/ O.o

Quote: "I don't really know... I guess i'll flame away then...

u arez noob cauz u pirate"

I sniff a troll... Like VanB said, we don't need it here, as it does also Violate the AUP(3.11).

Quote: "I got a CD of half life 2. if i install it, would i have the models then?"

Yes you would have all the models that are included in Half-life2.
They however do not appear in "Steam>Steamapps>*USARNAMELOLZ*>Halflife2>Hl2>Models."
They infact appear in a GCF file that is located in "Steam>Steamapps".
You will require VTFEdit, And GCFScape, latest versions ofcourse, these allow you to pursue into the GCF files allowing you to extract the files.
Now with the files extracted from the GCF you are free to do whatever you wish with them, to get the SMD file, instead of a HL2 MDL file, you will need cannonfodders MDL decompiler, this will than Decompile the model file you have selected to decompile into a Bunch/one SMD file following a QC file which consist's of data such as origins and whatnot...

However, if you wish to view the models only, than you can use HLmodelviewer, which you can get in the SourceSDK which is found under the Tools tab of your steam browser, download SourceSDK and SourceSDKbase.
Now open up SourceSDK and now a app shall appear with a list of options and tools ect.
You got Faceposer, Hammer editor, and Model viewer.
Of course like I said, if your just after to view them, than use the Half-lifeModel Viewer...

Oh, and like previous members fretted, Re-distributing the Stock content of the game itself without original authours permisson(I highly doubt permisson will be granted anyway.) Will be considered a act of breaking copyright, which could render you as a theif/pirate.
Same goes with SourceMods. Always get the permisson of the mod team leader or authour of the desired content to redistribute before distributing it!!!

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-'Butterfingers'
DrSteel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 21:58
Thanks for your help everyone!

I ddin't think to publish the game. I wanted a rigged model so i can animate it in 3ds max. Just for myself not to publish. I want to learn some riggind and animating. And a guy told me to get a rigged half life model couse they are already rigged.

www.x10community.ath.cx
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 22:18
Oh and What version of max do you have? 6 and upwards have SMD importers... You'll be wanting them.

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-'Butterfingers'
Venge
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 22:41
Quote: "I want to learn some riggind and animating. And a guy told me to get a rigged half life model couse they are already rigged."

Why would you want an already rigged model to learn rigging? Can't you just google "3ds max rigging tutorials"? I get about 145,000 results, and I doubt many of them involve possible copyright infringement.

Embrace nothing, forsake nothing.
DrSteel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2008 23:05
I got 2009 32-bit.

Venge not RIGGIND, animation... I want to animate a character. And im not good at riggind so my friend told me Half Life models and CS models are complete rigged.

www.x10community.ath.cx
Oolite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2008 00:56
Problem:Sorted
Thread:Resolved

(Personally, i prefer Lowmax to everything else, really nice rig.)
PS:There is a way to extract models from Half Life 2, i have done it myself to see the workflow of the meshes and how messy Valve's modellers are(i was wrong).

When christmas is over, the moose will rampage.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 00:39:05
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 00:39:05