Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [NaGaCreMo] MacGeiger

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2008 06:20 Edited at: 31st Dec 2008 06:24
Hello peeps, this is the official WIP thread for my next great adventure in game creatoring.

I don't have enough patience to list all of the complete and incomplete features, so you're just going to have to make do with the demos I post here.

[Synopsis]
The basic point of the game is to navigate your way through a series of levels, each becoming more and more difficult, and more and more filled with adventure and suspense. As you progress through the game, you pick up irradiated articles of clothing that each just so happen to give you a different super power, and that super power will be required to complete each level following its acquisition.

Along the way you collect radioactive isotopes that have no real purpose at the moment, other than being counted.

[Controls]
WASD for movement
Mouse to look around
Space to jump

For testing purposes the Super Jump power is activated. To Super Jump, you simply double-tap the space bar. But it's still fun to see if you can complete the level without using it

[Screens]

[Downloads]
Demo - Alpha 1

At the moment it has DarkPhysics code that isn't called, but isn't commented, so I believe you will need the PhysX drivers to play it.

Enjoy!

[/href]
zenassem
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2008 06:38 Edited at: 31st Dec 2008 06:47
Downloading now Jimmy.

Already very fun to play. (I did use some supe jumps, can't pass up a cheat!) I like how it brings you pretty close to your last fall. Very fluid gameplay, and jumping was right on.

Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2008 07:02
Thanks

Quote: "I like how it brings you pretty close to your last fall."

Yeah, I just set a save point every time you pick up an isotope, which is also just for testing purposes. I'm still trying to decide how I want to do save points.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2008 14:07
Just tested it, looks great Jim Jam. Smooth FPS of 100 and I've not noticed any bugs. Hope to see more dude.

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2008 14:37
That was actually extremely well done! I spent like 10 minutes trying to get one I'd forgotten early on, not sure if you'd want to make it easier to get back to the start or not. I'm impressed though. The gameplay is so simple, and yet you've done an excellent job of making it enjoyable. The camera is very simple but works just like I'd expect it to. Aside from the animation of the character, the only recommendation I have at this point is to add some varying features to the level to make it more interesting to look at.

As someone who makes many platformers themselves, good job!

C0wbox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2008 16:11
@ Jimmy
Oh I didn't realise ther wasn't an end to the level, I kept trying to go off the end in different ways to hit the blue sphere underneith the player at the end to see if I could go to the next level.

And I missed 3 green orb things because I fell off a part of the level and couldn't get back.

I was impressed though, you managed to get the platformer feel just right (an element I tried to include in Marvin the Magician, which is why I decided to test this because the 2 projects looked similar to me)
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2008 18:06
Quote: "@ Jimmy
Oh I didn't realise ther wasn't an end to the level, I kept trying to go off the end in different ways to hit the blue sphere underneith the player at the end to see if I could go to the next level.

And I missed 3 green orb things because I fell off a part of the level and couldn't get back.

I was impressed though, you managed to get the platformer feel just right (an element I tried to include in Marvin the Magician, which is why I decided to test this because the 2 projects looked similar to me) "

Funny, that's almost exactly what I was going to say

Nice game!

JoelJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2008 19:04
Good job. Paps.

[/url]
IntelCore2Duo@2.60GHz-4GB RAM-NVIDIA Quadro FX 570M
Windows Vista Business 32bit / Ubuntu 8.10 64bit
Blobby 101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2008 19:12
really nice game!
one little bug was that if you super jump when you've just fallen off the platform before the one that turns upwards then you jump so high you can go straight off the edge of the level.
other than that though it was great!

NaGaCreMo:
Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2009 04:48
The name reminds me of McGiver.

I'll download when I get back on my PC.
Jimmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2009 08:57
Quote: "The name reminds me of McGiver."

He's onto something!

Thanks everyone else for testing it out and feeding my brainchild with your comments and critiques. I've got the little guy nearly fully animated and that's about all I had time for today, with the New Years celebrations and all.

Happy 2009, Homesizzles!

Guyra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2009 14:20
Looks good. It'll be nice to see the character animated, too.

Keep it up!

Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jan 2009 03:17
Quote: "The name reminds me of McGiver."

Do you mean MacGyver, Mr. Mullet-man of the 80's who could get out of any situation using duct tape and a spork?

@Jimmy

The game looks great so far! Keep up the good work!

"People still have 1024x768?" -Jeku

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 12:23:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 12:23:36