Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] FPSC IP v3.1 - Multiplayer Lobby, Multiple Levels, S4Mod Special Edition and more...

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 12:10 Edited at: 20th Jul 2010 22:23

FPSC IP created by knxrb
main.fpscip.com | dev.fpscip.com | source.fpscip.com

FPSC IP v4.0 is now out and v3.1 is no longer publicly available.
Click below to go to the FPSC IP v4.0 thread:

knxrb
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 12:15 Edited at: 14th Jan 2009 12:17
Wow! This is great! Perfect for those who want more from their FPSC multiplayer games!

EDIT: Yikes, I just noticed the web-side code is written in ASP. ASP is only standard on Microsoft servers, which are generally expensive to run, and not to mention ASP costs money, and has many vulnerabilities. Might want to consider going and using PHP.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 12:18
I don't know PHP but if anyone wants to rewrite it in PHP I'll be happy to add it to the app

^^ Click the egg! ^^
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
I will consider doing this, but I would need some information. I do not know ASP, but I'm guessing it runs off of a database much like MySQL, and stores information such as accounts? Not sure.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 12:25
@crispex: Ok, I've sent you info in an email.

^^ Click the egg! ^^
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, I've got it. I would simply just like to see Linux server users able to use their servers for their games.

Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 12:51
Sounds great, does it come with media protection?

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 12:55 Edited at: 14th Jan 2009 12:56
Not at the moment but I can easily add it in Good idea.

^^ Click the egg! ^^
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work on this knxrb keep up the good work.

Best s4real

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 15:10 Edited at: 20th Mar 2009 10:24
Looks good

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Piracy Discussion Thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142774&b=21
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 15:11
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 15:57
Quote: "I swear it took the creator of lemur 4 a few months to do this."

Yup, because Lemur was modded into the Fpsc-Game Source, and this Thingy is a different Program (So, it quite an difference)...

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 16:39 Edited at: 14th Jan 2009 16:46
Quote: "
What do I need?
You need a Windows web server that supports ASP and MS Access database.
The following web hosts are know to support both ASP and MS Access and they also work with FPSC IP:
StormInternet
GoDaddy
"

I recommend GoDaddy

Quote: "Might want to consider going and using PHP."

I started to suggest that when I was hinting about using Linix instead of Windblows.
But, I was too afraid I would scare him off, so I didn't say much.

PHP has its vulneralbilies too, but every language does.
This would make it more compatible with the server people since most servers are linux based.
So, if you do that crispex then I (and i'm sure the whole community) would be grateful.

Quote: "Yup, because Lemur was modded into the Fpsc-Game Source, and this Thingy is a different Program (So, it quite an difference)..."

This is easier and better than building it in.
That way the main program is smaller and this can be added only for the people who want it. (which will be the majority tho)
Nonetheless this approach is more modular, which is simply better.

Quote: "If anyone has any suggestions please post them "

You could have charged a fee for this, so you have made a grand entrance to the forums as most people will remember your generosity.
However, if you do want to make a few bucks then you might consider making a registered version with some of those new features.
That way the basics would still be free for those who cannot afford the extras, and the extra features could generate revenue form those who can afford it.
You know, like most modern software with the trial version and full registered ones.

Thanks again for this KNXRB!

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 16:45
Thanks Conjured, The app has been written to support most web languages so adding PHP is quite easy, it's just the writing the pages that I can't do.
I've got someone to do that now though

I was thinking of charging $5 for each 'feature' so the lobby and chat would be $5 and the multiple levels would be $5 or something like that.
It wouldn't be a case of $5 per game though it would probably be $5 pay once and you get it forever.

And there is still the free version (Version 1) for users who don't want to pay.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 16:48 Edited at: 14th Jan 2009 16:53
Quote: "I was thinking of charging $5 for each 'feature' so the lobby and chat would be $5 and the multiple levels would be $5 or something like that.
It wouldn't be a case of $5 per game though it would probably be $5 pay once and you get it forever.

And there is still the free version (Version 1) for users who don't want to pay."

That sounds great.
At first I was put off by having to make two purchaes, but then again that is the modular way.
That way people who only want one of the features will only have to pay for the one feature.

Excellent

Nice pricing too.

On a side note:
I believe in open source, but I also think that it should be a pay feature. (as long as it is inexpensive)

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 16:59 Edited at: 14th Jan 2009 17:00
Quote: "I believe in open source, but I also think that it should be a pay feature."

Ok, seeing as you keep asking

I'll release a small part of the source but not all of it otherwise I'll get people re-compiling it with full features for free.

Are you happy with that?

I'll release the full source when I think it's run it's course or I have no time to maintain it.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
nice work mate, keep it up

Red Eye - The Game: Work In Progress - W.I.P.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 17:10 Edited at: 14th Jan 2009 17:13
Quote: "

Ok, seeing as you keep asking

I'll release a small part of the source but not all of it otherwise I'll get people re-compiling it with full features for free.

Are you happy with that?

I'll release the full source when I think it's run it's course or I have no time to maintain it."

Very happy.
Thanks

mwuhahahahaha
My pestistence pays off again!

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 18:03 Edited at: 14th Jan 2009 18:08
Ok, which bit of the source do you want?

FPSC IP Version 2 Source:
1. Join Game
2. Host Game

I'm not giving out any new code like chat or join/host lobby at the moment

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 18:10 Edited at: 14th Jan 2009 18:21
Quote: "Ok, which bit of the source do you want?"

Whatever you are willing to part with. You decide.
I won't mention it again, because I'll be happy with the V1 source.

Thanks

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 18:21 Edited at: 14th Jan 2009 18:23
Ok then, this is the host button and join button code from Version 1 which has now been updated and changed for Version 2

It should give you a general idea of what the host and join buttons do...
http://www.rkwebcreations.co.uk/ip/hostcode.txt

Enjoy, knxrb.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 18:23
Quote: "Ok then, this [spurce code] is the host button and join button code from Version 1 which has now been updated and changed for Version 2 "

Battle of the Dead!

Thanks you.

mwuhahahahaha

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 18:38 Edited at: 14th Jan 2009 18:39
I'm thinking of getting a web server that for all the users who don't have their own.

The server would be solely used for hosting the game IP lists and chat messages.

The price of the web server is:
$57 - 1 Year
$108 - 2 Years
$153 - 3 Years

Questions:
1. How many users don't have a web server?
2. Do you want this?
3. Would you be willing to donate to get the web server?

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 21:08
Here's the source for the getChat() sub, it's uncensored so you can see all the commands.

Colour Coded (.rtf):
http://www.rkwebcreations.co.uk/ip/getChat().rtf

Normal .txt file:
http://www.rkwebcreations.co.uk/ip/getChat().txt

Please remember this is being released to help people learn what the functions do and it is not there for you to steal and use to make a duplicate app.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "PHP has its vulneralbilies too, but every language does."

Actually, register_globals() is the only dangerous known feature that can get a site easily hacked, other than that, the insecurity mainly is in appache and MySQL. Even then, not many known errors. PHP itself is secure, it's the users that are not. People often get their sites SQL injected simply by forgetting to real_escape_string.

Either way, you can make cash off of offering server hosting, much like existing companies do.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jan 2009 22:46 Edited at: 14th Jan 2009 22:57
Quote: "I'm thinking of getting a web server that for all the users who don't have their own.

The server would be solely used for hosting the game IP lists and chat messages.

The price of the web server is:
$57 - 1 Year
$108 - 2 Years
$153 - 3 Years

Questions:
1. How many users don't have a web server?
2. Do you want this?
3. Would you be willing to donate to get the web server?"

1) A lot of us don't

2) A lot of us do

3) I'll cover the first years expense of $57, but conditional...

a) The site gets a main page with a donate button as to raise funds from users for future hosting.

b) The site would be for all FPSC users (PG & Mature), so maybe two lists if possible?
          One list would have blood and gore (mature) and the other list would not have blood. (certain countries forbid red blood in games)
          The developer could set it up for the proper one for his game so the user never knows there was a choice.

Condition B is optional I guess but would be nice.

Like I said, I will cover the first year's hosting expense of $57. (US Dollars, not UK Pounds)
I don't want to have to administer it, so you guys have to set it up and keep it running, not me.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 00:07 Edited at: 15th Jan 2009 00:09
This is amazing.

Your changing the face of FPSC online gaming by the day. We finally have a reason to invest some real effort into making decent multiplayer maps.

Given Lee has added support for XBOX 360 controllers now, by the time your finished FPSC multiplayer will be a genuine alternative to playing 360 games online.

I'm glad your going to charge for future versions to ensure funding for further development.
gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 00:16
very nice!
i cant wait to try this thing out!

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]
ScottFTW
Years of Service
User Offline
im a little confused on how this works, im on my MAC atm so i cant really test this, i know its an app, but are you saying all of our users have to use this third party program or is this a script? im confuzzled.
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
2 Posts of yours that you wish to have "Mac Compatibility" for, why not just get a normal PC that works with Windows and FPS Creator like the rest of us? (Or use BootCamp.) It's a program that allows you to manage users and such and give them more of a community feel.

Quote: "Like I said, I will cover the first year's hosting expense of $57. (US Dollars, not UK Pounds)
I don't want to have to administer it, so you guys have to set it up and keep it running, not me."

I've worked with both Windows servers and Linux servers, as I own and run my own website hosting company, so I would be able to help if needed.

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 02:06 Edited at: 16th Jan 2009 20:59
UPDATED:These files weren't wanted by the thread owner so I removed them.

Oh snap I forgot to give the forum this set of php files that I promised Lee I would. Well here you go these come straight from TGC's server that hosts the games as of now... Anyways, these let you set up, maintain, and run your own mysql database for FPSC games... Hey it might be handy to those who know what they are doing.
Unfortunately
Quote: "I cannot offer any support of this at this time."

A little hint:
Gonna want to change some lines like this one:

(that one resides in the mysql.php file)

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 02:26 Edited at: 15th Jan 2009 02:32
@urlforce studios

So, I can use this with knxrb's "FPSC-IP" program?

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Up to him. If he does it the way my mod worked he'll need to use these files to create a list of available games, if he wishes to add on
Quote: "Multiplayer Lobby: A area where the players go to when they join a game, if the host has already started the game then the new player can join. If the host has not started the game they can chat to the other players and then play.

Multiple Levels: You make multiple levels for the game and FPSC IP allows the host to select a level to play. All players then play the selected level.

Why don't I have to know everyone's IP address?
FPSC IP creates a list of current hosts so the user selects the host and they get the IP given to them*. (FPSC Already does this)
*IP address is automatically inserted for the user in the FPSC IP Mod which is out soon."

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
I am going to attempt to built a PHP script that can run well on Linux servers, but, we have the issue of the constant queries needed processing when users go on or offline, so it would have to be a dedicated server unless you have unlimited bandwidth.

ozzi mad boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 08:00 Edited at: 15th Jan 2009 08:02
do we have to pay for the V2?

because im only ** years old (not aloud to say it ) well im a teen and i cant afford even $5 and i had to beg mum and dad for ages to get them to buy me FPSC (they dont like paying for stuff for the computer, they think its a waste of money), if so is there anyway i can get it for free if we have to pay?

if that made sense

(i can pay in 3D models, i have been learning for a few months now )

http://www.afrokid-fps.co.nr
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 11:22 Edited at: 15th Jan 2009 11:43
@conjured: Do you have an email address I can contact you with?

@everyone:
Quote: "do we have to pay for the V2?"

Version 1 is free and always will be.
Version 2 has the chat and lobby feature which you can buy for $7.50/£5.50.

Quote: "because im only ** years old (not aloud to say it ) well im a teen and i cant afford even $5 and i had to beg mum and dad for ages to get them to buy me FPSC (they dont like paying for stuff for the computer, they think its a waste of money), if so is there anyway i can get it for free if we have to pay?"

I'm sorry but the web server to support people without their own web server is going to cost money after the first year, and I need more money to fund extra features that people want added to the app.
So I cannot give anything out for free except version 1 which is the basic system(no chat, lobby or multi-levels).

Quote: "(i can pay in 3D models, i have been learning for a few months now )"

I may take payment in models/entities/segments that can be released with the FPSC IP app, although this will be in the future and not now.

Quote: "So, I can use this with knxrb's "FPSC-IP" program?"

[EDIT] I've taken a look at the php files and if someone can explain them properly to me then I'll probably support them
Send me an email if you can explain them.[EDIT]

Quote: "I'll cover the first years expense of $57"

Thanks Conjured, I'm currently making a website for it so it should be ready soon.

Quote: "im a little confused on how this works, im on my MAC atm so i cant really test this, i know its an app, but are you saying all of our users have to use this third party program or is this a script? im confuzzled. "

FPSC IP is an executable that goes in the same folder as your multiplayer game.
The user then runs this instead of your game and it creates lists of people hosting your game and then other people can join the game.
It then runs the game when required.
It only allows a set number of user's to join each host's game so you don't get 5 people trying to play a 4 player game
In Version 2 I am adding a lobby system with chat as well.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 12:28 Edited at: 16th Jan 2009 11:46
[EDIT] We've now purchased a web server so support for users without their own web server will be available with Version 2!

BETA
Years of Service
User Offline
this is Just what ive been looking for i think.... How do i make it that 2 different multiplayer levels can be played through this 1 app as it says copy the FPSC IP-web into the exectuable folder but if you make 2 multiplayer levels it comes out as 2 seperet folders
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 15:44 Edited at: 15th Jan 2009 15:45
Quote: "How do i make it that 2 different multiplayer levels can be played through this 1 app as it says copy the FPSC IP-web into the exectuable folder but if you make 2 multiplayer levels it comes out as 2 seperet folders "

The multi-level feature is almost complete and will be released in Version 3.
Version 1(basic system) is out now.
Version 2(lobby & chat) is to be released at the end of this week.
Version 3(lobby, chat & multi-level) is out a few days after that

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jan 2009 18:17 Edited at: 15th Jan 2009 18:33
Quote: "@conjured: Do you have an email address I can contact you with?"

Sure, I'll send you an email at knxrb@yahoo.co.uk in a few minutes.

Quote: "Thanks Conjured, I'm currently making a website for it so it should be ready soon."

We can discuss the funds transfer in the email I send you.

Laters

Edit
Email Sent.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 00:50
@UrlForce, Thanks for the PHP files. I was actually planning on emailing you for those for integration into GameXS.

Gunn3r Games
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
I've encountered a small problem with the PHP coding, it appears it can easily crash due to the idea of people constantly connecting / disconnecting. Trying to resolve...

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 11:11
Quote: "I've encountered a small problem with the PHP coding, it appears it can easily crash due to the idea of people constantly connecting / disconnecting. Trying to resolve..."

Ok, good luck, hope you can sort it out

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Did you use the code I gave you crispex?

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
You didn't give me any code...

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Go back and grab the php files I put on the first page...

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 19:49
Could you please take this discussion elsewhere.
This thread is for the FPSC IP app, not about asking people if they used certain codes and scripts.

Thanks, knxrb.

Urlforce Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
I hate to rebuttal that, but it has a great lot to do with your program, if you were to take advantage of it, you would find most of the work you have to do has already been done, the rest would simply be modifying the script and FPSC's source to send more variables to the mysql database other than just the ip, and players name. But I guess I'll have to make my own app to show you what I meant.

knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 21:11
I'm not making an app to modify the FPSC source, I'm making one that is a front end to a multiplayer game as it's easy to add to a game and easy to remove if users don't want it on all their games.

It's also easier for me and users this way as it means they can get the features they want and they don't have to get all features if they don't want to.

gorba flamingo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2009 21:45
a nice idea for this app is to make it so that you can make a both campaign and multilayer game in one EXE, like halo 2 and many many MANY more games.

let me know when V3 is out!

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/gorbafletch]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 11:16:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 11:16:37