Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [NaGaCreMo '09] Siege

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2009 23:07 Edited at: 31st Jan 2009 03:28
Well, hereby, my entry for NaGaCreMo 2009, which is called "Siege", or 'the game formerly known as the game with the fat, moonwalking dwarf-vikings shooting marshmallow arrows. Under siege'. Yes, I know.

Game available: here

Siege is an coopertive game for two players developed by a team of six, and nearing completion as soon as the high-score table is implemented. The levels are being balanced and final bugtesting is underway.

Siege is an cooperative defense game, in which two dwarfs vikings need to protect their castle wall from numerous assaults by Orcs, Goblins, Ents and Giants. To this end, they use arrows, flaming arrows, catapults, ballistas and a cauldron of boiling oil of doom. Some enemies will require specific attacks to be taken out, and weapons will need to be reloaded and kept active.

The graphics were inspired by games like Paper Mario, and characters fully consist out of simple plains except for the Giant enemy and the Castle model.

Note that the game has problems on Vista, giving some sort of 'cannot load music' runtime error I cannot resolve. It has been programmed to load on widescreen PC's, but can be set to load in a normal ratio by using a parameter shortcut. If I can figure out how to make it figure out the actual ratio of the screen/resolution prior to setting the HUD, that would be awesome. Don't be shy if you can help me out .

Included are an tutorial and 5 different achievements (why? Because we can, obviously).

A demo will be available after testing.

Disclaimer stuff:
Music soundtrack 'Unknown' is courtesy of Cody Darr aka Sonic Ether, and being used with his explicit permission. Sound effects are courtesy of Sounddogs.com and used according to license. Voice acting is done by the team itself.

A mod has been erased by your signature because it was larger than 600x120

Attachments

Login to view attachments
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 16:28
Much better. Image #1.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 18:03
Nice work!

You need to fix some of the uv maps though.

3.19GHz - 7600GT - 1GB - Windows XP
Visit my youtube profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/bergice1
tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 19:08 Edited at: 28th Jan 2009 19:12
Yeah, I´m afraid I´ll run out of time to fix those. Final testing is being completed and those models really were created in the nick of time.

It needs to be completed by 31st, and I still have some things to fix. For some reason, my highscore system isn´t sorting scores correctly, and I need to figure out a way to get a bitmap font working with only the characters 0-9. When that's done, the game's done

tiresius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 23:02
Looks good. Why do you have the DBPro trial watermark? You've been using DBPro for a while, no?

I'm not a real programmer but I play one with DBPro!
draknir_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 23:16
Looks pretty neat man, I'm looking forward to the demo! I'll be putting the finishing touches on my own Nagacremo game sometime in the wee hours tomorrow morning.

If you happen to be at school tomorrow, drop by the computer lab

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2009 23:19 Edited at: 28th Jan 2009 23:20
Actually, no. I'm a Darkbasic Classic user normally, and I just installed the trial on my new EEE PC for NaGaCreMo's sake .

I'm really considering buying it, though. UDT's are a breeze.

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 21:12 Edited at: 31st Jan 2009 03:29
Full game available now. Check first post!

draknir_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 23:45
I get a file called 1681085 with no extension, and giving it a zip or rar extension doesn't let me open it :F Upload to an external host?

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2009 23:57 Edited at: 31st Jan 2009 03:29
Long live Apollo. Is this ever going to get fixed?

Updated first post, new download link.

draknir_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2009 21:24 Edited at: 31st Jan 2009 21:26
Runtime Error 3502: Could not load music at line 482

o_O

tha_rami
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2009 21:27
Microsoft Windows Vista?

I've got no clue how to fix that. In Vista, it simply refuses to load an mp3 to a music file...

Quote: "Note that the game has problems on Vista, giving some sort of 'cannot load music' runtime error I cannot resolve. It has been programmed to load on widescreen PC's, but can be set to load in a normal ratio by using a parameter shortcut. If I can figure out how to make it figure out the actual ratio of the screen/resolution prior to setting the HUD, that would be awesome. Don't be shy if you can help me out ."

draknir_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2009 22:52
Oh, ok. Thats still a strange error because my DBP can load mp3s without problem on Vista...

I can help you out with the screen resolution & aspect ratio thing though, drop me a line on MSN when you're in the mood for some DBP

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:06:25
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:06:25