Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / "HELL HOUSE" multimedia pack is ready for download!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 03:50 Edited at: 14th Feb 2009 03:55
Hi everyone, It's the evening of friday the 13th. No better day to go ahead and release our new "FREE" pack.

The Cosmic Prophet, Nickydude, Cyberdude, and Dar13 proudly introduce "Hell House". A multimedia pack for FPSC.

The pack includes all new entities, segments,scripts, sounds, and music to aid in the production of your Horror themed games. The pack also contains textures, templates,icons, and even a few characters for you to play with.

It is available for download, and consists of 5 seperate parts, ( All in Zip format).

Please let us know what you think.

Screens to follow:
As seen in the preview, the Spiders Den.

In the Universe, nothing ever stays the same.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 03:50
A set of cemetary walls, and a working animated gate, A few novelty headstones, coffins ( dead guy included), and the furnace.

Attachments

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 03:51
These entities let you build the "Junkyard Maze". New walls to build your own hellish maze. Bond's Dogman makes for a mean junkyard dog! And you also get "The Burning Sacrifice"! Thanks for the junk in the screenshots Henry Ham! ( add your own junk).

Attachments

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 03:51
And what horror pack would be without a few dungeon toys, including an animated victim on "The Wheel".

There's a lot more I cant show here, including, Doors, Paintings, floors, walls etc. So grab it now, and have fun!

Attachments

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 04:02
Absolutely speechless Cosmic...
First the Sci-Fi packs and then this, you are quite literally a GOD around here man!
Can't thank you enough, a wonderful contribution to the community! The cobwebs will go amazing with Rolfy's Spider pack, the junkyard maze pieces are incredible! Everythings awesome man, and really really scary too!
Really...there's no "thank you" for something like this, you're too great of a friend around here Cosmic

Now for crying out loud...take some time off! Haha, you've already given us enough to make a dozen and a half fantastic games!

Cheers
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 04:06 Edited at: 14th Feb 2009 04:07
Not a chance, in HELL!

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 04:18
LOL oh really now? So does Mr. Prophet have any tricks up his sleeves for future packs? Hmmm?
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 04:26 Edited at: 14th Feb 2009 04:27
You bet! Part 2 of the Hell House pack, Part 3 of the Mega Sci-fi pack, And perhaps I'll let the community decide what's to come next.

Glad you lke it my friend. And you'll love the media and music, and all the other stuff as well!

Nickydude, Cyberdude, and dar13 put together some awesome stuff for this pack, Hats off to you guys!

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 05:00
Amazing! Thanks you The Cosmic Prophet, Nickydude, Cyberdude, and Dar13.

Best.

Dude232
Years of Service
User Offline
i cant download them because media fire wont let me

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 05:10
Yeah, thanks Cosmic Prophet, Cyberdude, Dar13, and Nickydude!

Great day for this too, mwuhahahahaha!

Quote: "Again,Please let us know what you think. Enjoy!"

I will after I download them and try them out.
My connection has been slow today though, so it may take awhile to download.
I'm sure it's all awesome.
Thanks again

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 05:14
Just checked, They're up, and running. There are bandwidth limitations on mediafire, so you may have to wait a little while if others are downloading.

Keep trying, It's worth it!

Lightning Bolt Studios
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 06:44
Great work on this pack, and great contribution to the community, Thanks!
cram
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 06:57 Edited at: 14th Feb 2009 13:37
Thank you for this great pack
But I'm already a few problems

The doors are only frameworks
The animate wheel have not a teksture
And the characters do not appear on my map editor only Ghoul.but Ghoul remains on the grond walking.
For the rest everything is fine.
Can i make from your tekstures room corners?

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/6676/20090214061650wb6.jpg

(sry for the big screens)
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 07:56
Quote: "You bet! Part 2 of the Hell House pack, Part 3 of the Mega Sci-fi pack, And perhaps I'll let the community decide what's to come next"

Sounds great man! Well with sci-fi and horror out of the way...and with recently released fantasy media, actually a plethora of said media, not sure what that leaves left to be made...
We'll keep pandering the void for ideas no doubt though!

Quote: "The doors are only frameworks
The animate wheel have not a teksture
And the characters do not appear on my map editor only Ghoul.but Ghoul remains on the grond walking.
For the rest everything is fine."

Yea, ran into the same problems. Until cram said something I actually thought I'd completely messed up with the installing or something! Haha; not a major issue though is it?
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 08:04 Edited at: 14th Feb 2009 08:44
Cram: OK, I've double checked all the zip files, and everything is there, and the directories are correct. You must be sure to install parts 1 thru 3 into your FPSC X9 directory.

If you read the read-me file, It states: "These Characters are distributed as- is , and are "not" FPSC ready". If you want to make them ready yourself you are welcome to. All the files you need are included. You cant just copy the character folder to FPSC, They "wont work".

All of my media is Free, and has no restrictions, you can do anything you want with them. ( also in the read-me file).

The only thing I can gather is that some of the files did not copy correctly when you installed, OR, You can also try deleting any exsisting .dbo files for the entities, and that should fix the problem.

Braden 713: The doors were made using "Magic Fps" if you dont own the program, that might be the problem. I'll remake the doors in FPSC segment kit, and release them for those who don't have Magic FPS.

If you still have trouble, let me know.

Folks, Please be sure to read the read-me files for important info on the pack. Thanks.

Edit: I did find one small thing with "The Wheel" the .fpe has a directory entry of "Cosmicprophet" and should be "CosmicProphet" try using this .fpe and see if that is the problem. Thanks.

Attachments

Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 10:53
Quote: "if you dont own the program, that might be the problem"

Ah, alrighty well that might very well in fact be the issue, no I do not own a copy of Magic Fps. If you are willing to re-make them in FPSC Segment Kit that would be greatly appreciated, but not necessary if you do not have the time.

I thought I read the read-me's but must have missed a few in the excitement of the pack, thanks again though Cosmic!
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 11:42
Oh my GOD. This is just too nice! Thank you very much!

puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Downloading!
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 13:36
I've also found a few problems which I've email you CP.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 14:50
thx so much everyone who made this pack. CP you are truly awesome. i haveall the packs you have made and if i use your models you will certainly be in the credits (if imake any).

It is well that war is so terrible or we should grow too fond of it- Robert E Lee
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 15:36 Edited at: 14th Feb 2009 15:50
Thanks all,

Nickydude: Found it, OK, Got a last minute fix everyone. This is the horizontal.x file for the paintings. just unzip, and drop this in your FPSC directory.

I'm sorry for any mishaps that may have occured. It's not easy trying to keep up with everything when your dealing with a hundred or so entities in all. If you find anything that needs addressing let me know ASAP so I can fix it right away.

Thanks! TCP

Attachments

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 17:57 Edited at: 14th Feb 2009 17:58
Although this is an excellent pack, you really should have had it beta tested as yet another problem emerges. The texture path for the floor segments (in this case checkfloor) point to "segments\DTIFloors425\checkfloor.png" when they really should point to "segments\CosmicProphet\Hell_House\Floors".

Dr Parsnips
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 18:01 Edited at: 14th Feb 2009 18:02
Dead impressed! (pun intended)

lol really good work there dude! Woop!

Edit: And the other guys that helped! lol

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 18:10
Your totaly right, I'm running through the entire pack as we speak, everything is working properly on my machine, but that's not the case on others, so it seems.

I've unloaded everything from my FPSC directory, and have re-installed from the zips.

I' will upload a patch to fix whatever is not working as it should, tommorow.

Thanks again.

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 18:31
Quote: "Yeah, thanks Cosmic Prophet, Cyberdude, Dar13, and Nickydude!"

no problem.

muggins majik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 18:49 Edited at: 14th Feb 2009 18:54
This is a fantastic job and some of the best I have seen on here. Many thanks for all the hard work!!
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 19:10
A...WE....SOUM! were missing horror content like some animated blades that cut you,some free zombies(we want free stuff!) and other things,also a ww2 pack would be welcome since fpsc is low on ww2 media

A.K.A. djmaster
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 19:57
Quote: "Quote: "if you dont own the program, that might be the problem"

Ah, alrighty well that might very well in fact be the issue, no I do not own a copy of Magic Fps. If you are willing to re-make them in FPSC Segment Kit that would be greatly appreciated, but not necessary if you do not have the time."

You don't have to own MagicFps for the doors to work. The problem is in the FPS file and the paths that are pointing to one place but the actual texture and mesh file are located in a different place or not at all because they didn't get into the zip files. An example are the following two lines:

texture0 = texturebank\magicfps\door4tex.jpg
meshname1 = entitybank\MagicFPS\Objects\helldoor4.fpe

MagicFPS puts these in their default directory as shown. I checked to see where these files were. door4tex.jpg found its way into the right place. However, the entity (mesh) file got placed in a different directory so the segment file is pointing to an invalid directory. So, the directory it needs to point to is:

meshname1 = entitybank\cosmicProphet\Hell_House\doors\helldoor4.fpe

Change this and the doors will work fine.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 20:36
Thank you very much Flatlander!
They work fine now, appreciated
heltor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 22:26
With a bit of trouble shooting I have evrything working. I think, Great Job on this pack guy's

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." ~Oscar Wilde~
the italian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 22:28
A great pack !!!
Thanks a lot !!!!!

hey ! About Freddy, you have read my mind
it is a my idea too

Bye

oldboy of 40 years old
Cyberdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2009 22:49

Forgive me for posting such a big image, but The Cosmic Prophet himself made this layout for me. I am really thankful he invited me to be a part of the Hell House Mega-Pack release. I joined this forum to learn a few new things about game creation and have been blown away by the talent and willingness to share tips and techniques. Having a chance to work with The Cosmic Prophet has been great. His generousity is surpassed only by the quality of his work. Here's hoping you have good fortune using this pack in your future game development.
cheers,
Paul Courville a.k.a. Cyberdude
Cyberdude Productions
[href]www.cyberdudeproductions.com [/href]
TZap
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work guys. Thanks very much!
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
OMG..OMG...Hey,I just wanted to give a Shout out to Cosmic Prophet, Cyberdude, Dar13, and Nickydude! who have all done a Freaking FANTASTIC Job on this "HELL HOUSE" multimedia pack!! what more can I say...You Guys Rock!! totally Sick! Thanks for the download. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Tanya.
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 17:43 Edited at: 15th Feb 2009 17:58
Mwuahahahahah!

Here is what I have so far for that animation.
A total of 100 frames for 3 animated states...

Idle - He wiggles in vain trying to escape.
Death - He dies (This needs more frames (the pulse isn't noticable))
Dead - Corpse

I'll try to make a better smoother death animation, because the pulse ended up looking choppy.
Once I'm finished I will post the new X and FPE files here in this thread for everyone.

Attachments

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 18:07 Edited at: 15th Feb 2009 18:11
Thanks CE. Not sure which character you are talking about but it will probably have the name when you post. EDIT -- Looked at your video so I see that it is not one of the provided characters. Are you going to include a texture file along with the X and FPE file? BTW, looks pretty cool.

Problems with provided Milkshape meshes/characters with entitymaker.

Also, I have Milkshape but really don't know how to use it or to export things. I loaded the characters exported them to both DirectX 8.0 and DirectX(jt). Then I used FPSC Entity maker utility. All I get are solid black characters (yes the texture files are in the right path) and no animation whatsoever. The ghoul had it's own X file. Textures good but the animation is not working right or something.

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 18:26
Quote: "Thanks CE. Not sure which character you are talking about but it will probably have the name when you post. EDIT -- Looked at your video so I see that it is not one of the provided characters. Are you going to include a texture file along with the X and FPE file?"

This is one of the models included in the pack!
It's the spider_victim2 in the Props folder.
The texture is already there.

DemonHand
Years of Service
User Offline
omg i'm totally confused now..... someone pls give me basic instructions to guarantee that these model packs will work

Dream To Fly
DemonHand
Years of Service
User Offline
i usually have trouble with this stuff

Dream To Fly
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 21:29
F l a t l a n d e r: Yeah, Thats the same exact problem I was having. I tried to get it worked out, but could'nt. I figured it was "my" Milkshape that was the problem. Maybe the Milkshape biped I used got corrupted somehow?

That's why I released them as-is, hoping someone else might have better luck with them.

Conjured: LOL, My god, that's soooo cool. I freaking love it!!!

I'm leaving out of state tomorrow, I'll be gone for a week, I'll check it out when I get back, if it's done. Thanks bro!

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 21:49
I used Milkshape for those animations and I lost the texture too.
So, I opened the FPE and removed the path for the texture, which overrides the assignment and forces FPSC to use the model's info.
The Texture worked then, but I had also taken it in and out of FragMOTION before going in to Milkshape.
Nonetheless, I still had no texture in Milkshape even though I had manually assigned it in FragMOTION first.
Try the FPE thing and tell me if it works without piping through Frag.

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2009 22:33
CE: Will do! Thanks.

DemonHand: Drag the files folders from parts 1-2, and 3 into your FPSC directory, when prompted to replace, hit "yes". Then do the same with the Patch.

OK, everyone here's the patch for the pack, Hopefully this should fix everything, and they should work fine.

Extract, then drag the files folder into your FPSC directory. That's it.

Thanks All, see you you when I get back from VA.

Attachments

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 00:11 Edited at: 16th Feb 2009 00:12
I can download all of the parts except #4.
It just refreshes the page instead of popping up the save as box.
Mediafire stinks!

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 00:41
Thanks for the patches CP.

heltor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 00:42
@ ce delete your cookies and it will bring up a save dialog

"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." ~Oscar Wilde~
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 00:49
Try pressing CTRL+F5, this forces your browser to reload the page from the web instead of the cache.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 04:48
Just wanted to show a spooky shot with this great content.

Best.

Attachments

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2009 05:00 Edited at: 17th Feb 2009 00:15
Quote: "@ ce delete your cookies and it will bring up a save dialog"

Quote: "Try pressing CTRL+F5, this forces your browser to reload the page from the web instead of the cache."

None of that works.
When I did finally get a save box it just sat there at 0% forever.
I checked my data transfer rate and it was zero.
Mediafire simply won't let me download part 4.
It's not the connection because I can load other pages fine.

Edit
Finally, it worked today.
It must have been those bandwidth restrictions on the download.

I have some issues with a few pixels but Freddy is coming along.
I do not have him into FPSC yet since his animations still need work, but that blue screen chroma key offers endless possibilities...

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:55:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:55:40