Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] BIG Scifi Game Design Contest - Easter << Final Entries Thread

Author
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2009 22:07 Edited at: 11th Apr 2009 19:09
This is for the final entries for the SCI-FI contest you need to submit your game in the format shown below this post.

You can find the contest main thread HERE

Valid Entries so far:
X10 User
daarboven
Gamer X
The fps creator rocks

DO NOT post here unless you are submitting a game.

MODS please dont lock this i need to have it so people can submit games here also if someone posts something that isnt a game please remove the post.

X10 User
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Mar 2009 02:38 Edited at: 14th Mar 2009 18:42
Heres my entry for the contest:

Desc: Tanks!3D - Turn based 2 player game in single player engine
Created by: NeoArtProductions (just me, x10 user,altho game is all about the x9 baby! No x10 used for this!)

Storyline:

In the not to distant future mankind has grown callous towards the plight of their own kind, viscious bloodsports took over, wars became entertainment and out of this visceral mess rose a championship, one on one combat, a tournament soon formed, massive amounts of cash changed hands, enter the tournament, earn your keep, be the last tank standing!

Download zip files here

Screen Shots of tank selection and battlezone attached to post

Additional notes:

I made this using the single player engine but its essentially a turn based gamed, if any of you have ever played the 2d tanks flash game thats similar to worms, you will be familiar with the concept, take it in turns to blast each other away, last tank standing wins

-features

player is locked constant, players instead use keys to move their 'tanks' around the arena (see below for controls)

- each player can choose which tank they want to use at the start of every level

- individual life bars for each of the players tanks scripted to the entities health

- 2 themed arenas (well levels, space port and deserted city street)

- visual cues to indicate current players turn

- 30 seconds of turn time per player

- proximity traps

- no source mod used

- A Non FPS game made within the FPSC engine

- All tanks created purely for game

To Play

start a new game, each player takes it in turn to select which tank they would like to control, players are then presented with the arena, pressing Y will start the match (if you dont press Y after you have both selected your tanks, when you try to move your tanks will disappear), players then take it in turns to move around the arena and fire their tanks weapon at the opponent, last tank remaining wins, but watch out for the traps, exploding barrels and obstacles!

Player one controls

w - move forward
a - turn left
d - turn right
s - fire tank gun

player two controls

i - move forward
j - turn left
l - turn right
k - fire weapon

- i would like to have had time to finalise the other additions such as the power ups i had planned (extra health, turn time, reverse opponents controls etc)i have a whole host of arena ideas in mind but if i dont carry on with my other project im never going to get it finished in time so im posting this as is, hoping the sheer ingenuity of what ive done is enough to swing it in my favour

I have so much media on my pc from all different sites (fpsfree,fpsfiles,fpsc-online etc) that i dont know whats what anymore, so i can only credit by the files in the built game, i know media has been used from the following locations

Custom media (apart from tanks which i created using milkshape and entity workshop)

Custom media was used from the following locations/creators/authors and are accredited accordingly

-Addict init
-Arteria Outdoor Pack
-CheeseCake Media
-Corepak1
-Fpsc Core Model Pack
-Modern Day 2
-Road_pack
-Raptor productions
-Underside city pack

and stock media from

-ww2
-sci fi (of course)

I havent missed anyone have i? tell me if i have

- Why is everyone on here so rude? -

Attachments

Login to view attachments
daarboven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 02:09
Ok, here's my entry:

Description:
"Silent Planet"

Name of creator:
daarboven

Story Line:
You get out of the dropship in search of the colonists, whose transmissions ended abruptly a while ago.
You must gain access to the different areas of the mining colony, but be warned: you re not alone in the
caves and pits of the silent planet...

Download Link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XY36X67O

Additional notes:
Went through some serious trouble and pain to develop this (including the failure of 2! complete levels and a build count of 5 before this final version), but I guess that is normal in the realms of FPSCreator and I hope you find it worth while
and a fun time to play.
If you are a judge and get stucked feel free to e-mail me for a complete walkthrough of the game so you get to see everything!

in-game screenshot is attached

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.

Attachments

Gamer X
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 05:09
Description: Alien Hunt

Name of creator: Gamer X

Story Line:
The Year is 3000, my name is Jackson Adams. I stopped at a hotel on my way back to earth from a business meeting. In the middle of the night there was an explosion and the alarms triggered. The only things for me to do are to check and see what triggered the alarms and get myself out of here.

Download Link: http://files.filefront.com/AlienHuntzip/;13574239;/fileinfo.html

Additional notes:
Segments, Any retextures, menu items, and some of the models: Made by me
Aliens in Level 1: Cosmic Prophet
Frig: Henry Ham
Dead Bodies: Airslide
Music: Gunn3r Games
Everything else: stock media

*note: I have Easter eggs in every level expect the last.
Enjoy finding them all

Attachments

The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2009 19:45 Edited at: 11th Apr 2009 16:21
Description: The Invasion

Name of creator: The Fps Creator Rocks

Story line: It is the year 2045, you are sent on a mission to stop an invasion on a damaged space ship before the invaders destroy the whole ship!

Download Link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3BMQ4KPL

Additional notes: This game had a lot of bugs so I had to fix it, and has guns and characters from Fps Creator X10 and a extra. (It doesn't always work )

My youtube account: funnybun123
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2009 22:50
Contest is now closed no more entries will be allowed if a mod can lock this to keep it clean that would be good.

We will announce the results in the main thread in a few days.

Thank You

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 22:57:10
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 22:57:10