Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Vehicle Rigging tutorial for DarkPhysics

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2009 17:38
I did'nt know whether to place this tutorial here or on the 3d chat,but sinse this has to do with DarkPhysics I figured It would be best here. If a Mod feels it should be better in the 3d chat then feel free to move it.

DarkPhysics Requires the use of limbs to control a vehicle. Now whether you add limbs to your object in your code or set up limbs by rigging a skeleton to your model, really I think does'nt matter much. However in the time that I've spent trying to set up a vehicle for use with darkphysics, I have reallized the absolute easiest way is to rig it with a skeleton first.

Sinse I've seen this question asked a few times lately, I've decided to go ahead and write a tutorial on how I set things up..

so here it is.....I've also figured out how to make a nice looking PDF out of it too which is included in the download.

If there is something you still don't understand or I have missed something in the tutorial. feel free to ask or let me know.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2009 18:36
Good tutorial tatts only the order of the wheel setup should be

back right
back left
front right
front left.

any other order will have the wheel spinning inwards, try it on the buggy.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
tatts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2009 20:55
Actually that's because the buggy is facing the opisite direction then the model in the tutorial. Everything in the tutorial is tested. And every time i've rigged a car the two top wheels always represented to front. The only thing I can say is try the tutorial out with the car that is supplied. I think it really depends on what direction the model is loaded and rigged.
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2009 22:09
Cool, gonna take a look at this tomorrow.

NEW: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40ghz 4gb ram 32-bit | OLD: 3.19GHz - 7600GT - 1GB - Windows XP
Visit my youtube profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/bergice1

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 19:09:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 19:09:49