Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / VIDEO TUTORIAL: Making a menu with Gimp and DBPro (DarkPRINCIPLES HD!)

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2009 19:06 Edited at: 6th Jul 2009 19:12
Hi guys, I wrote and recorded a new video tutorial last night, played around with the rendering settings and appear to have mastered youtubes HD ability!

So DarkPRINCIPLES has now made the transition into full 1280x780 HD resolution. This will make the source code clear and easy to read.

About the tutorial

This tutorial introduces the free graphics program GIMP. I will demonstrate how to make several images, one background, and four buttons. I will demonstrate how to show a clean undestorted background image, and how to create and save image files with an Alpha channel (transparancy) then how to load them into DBPro. I'll demonstrate how to setup a zone in your program, so when the mouse moves over it, the button appears to change, indicating it's selected. I'll also explain how to setup a mouse click event allowing you to either launch a game, or visit a website link.

Other news, updates, information and random junk.

But that's on the only update, how I've got the website setup, I'll be posting the source code directly to the site entry, you won't have to read it directly from the video anymore!

On top of that, I'll be launching my first tutorial showing you how to make a game from scratch, from beginning to end.

I'm also pleased to announce that tutorial number 9 has a new guest star! My cat! It was pouring with rain, and he wouldn't say no. When he wants attention he gets it. So listen hard, and you'll hear the little bugger talking as well!

To view the tutorial you can either subscribe to my youtube channel (there's a few non-dbpro related video's there as well) and subscribe for instant updates.

http://www.youtube.com/dcforemanuk

If you want to see all my tutorials listed and posted in logical order then goto either of these two website addresses:

http://www.darkprinciples.com
http://www.darkprinciples.co.uk

They say pictures are worth 1000 words, so here's a picture of my website so you have a better idea what's on there.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2009 19:23 Edited at: 6th Jul 2009 19:23
A quick capture to show the new video quaility.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
bobbel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2009 19:46
Awesome! Gonna watch now

Your signature was erased by a mod because you copied mine!
Gingerkid Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 12:31
Im going to buy your dvd's as soon as I get back from work experience.

TheCleverGuyz
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2009 13:29
Thanks half life.

Sickly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 20:48 Edited at: 16th Sep 2009 16:56
just bought all 3 DVD's Going to start watching tonight after class. Thanks Dan

The darkest minds, are often the brightest.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 20:39:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 20:39:30