Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / "Move" - Gamestop game compo - Demo and team request

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 13:49 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2009 23:11
I've been working on a game titled Move for four days now, and i'm developing it for the gamestop Indie Game Challenge, found here: http://indiegamechallenge.com/?or=nl

The deadline is in TWO months, and I really want to enter this game into the challenge. To do this, I will need some people to help me out. Right now, the team size i have is two. Me, and someone else whos doing the fine tuning of the game design. Still, to complete this, i would need sprites, music, and maybe coding help.

If you want to be part of the team, then keep in mind that your signing up for two months.

Anyways, here's what the game is about!

You are a two dimensional being, in a two dimensional universe. Your goal, is to grow and survive. You have a base. You can use this to upgrade your character's size (you start out 30 pixels wide, but can get up to 150 pixels wide), upgrade your character's speed, it's ramming ability (ramming into enemies to damage them), it's firing ability (shooting enemies to damage them), it's appearance (New and cooler appearances can be unlocked), and many more.

Besides attacking with ramming and shooting abilities, its possible to get into a head to head fight with an enemy. When this happens, you have to click faster than the enemy. If you click hard and fast enough, the enemy gets damaged a large portion of it's health.

As for enemy types, there are a couple. there are the regular units, which are small and can come in swarms. There are the virus units, which can infect animals, which will then group up and attack you. There are the big units, which you probably don't want to mess with, and there are the gigantic units, which serve as bosses. There will be different sorts of AI for these enemies, which means that changing the enemies, changes the tone of the game.

After that, there are special cases that will randomly appear in the game. Flying debris from offscreen may damage you if it hits you (lava and spiky particles). Swarms of enemies may appear. Some enemies may try to avoid you until a critical number is reached, then they attack en masse. The player may think the creature is harmless... then get owned!

Theres much more to the game design than just that, but most of the stuff above is on the To Do list. What i ask of you to do now, is take a look at the current state of the game. Download and play the demo to get the feel of it, and if it seems promising, contribute

The demo only illustrates basic customization and physics. there are no enemies, or real game elements to it. It simply showcases customization, physics, movement, and the basic feel of the game.

click to swim, flick the mousewheel to sprint.

download here:
[href]http://www.filefactory.com/file/ahfa4e1/n/Move_rar [href]

I should also say that i got from the music section of the forum, they are made by Lucifer, and they're free to use in any DBPro projects
Beast E Gargoyle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 17:43
I wanted to play the game, but it came up with an error that stated could not load image at line 509.

The Last Great Swordsmen a 3D hack N slash http://lastswordsmen.freezoka.com
Neuro Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 23:06 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2009 23:11
right. sorry, i was in a rush and posted the link to a previous version of it. The first post is updated with the right link now.

[edit] actually apparently the hosting site i was using was giving me the wrong link... i uploaded it to a different site. The first post is updated
Neuro Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
things added in since the first post:

Shooting
Damage system
Taking damage when hit by debris
Hurricane and floating debris (comes from one side of the screen and moves off the other)
Background transitions

I'm now working on the basics of enemy AI.

I do need help with this, so please email my if your interested
Neuro Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, this project is canceled. A member in my family passed away recently, not a single person has given any input in the least bit, the project is very time critical, and i can't hope to program, make sprites, make music, and balance characters by myself, in less than two months.

i guess if anyone reads this i'd still welcome help, but there's no chance any more that it's going to be entered into a competition.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 10:31:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 10:31:18