Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Toon Model Viewer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2009 21:03 Edited at: 4th Aug 2009 16:08
Okay I decided this would be convienent. Basically you just type in the name (no quotes) of the model and then the texture. Press enter after each line and wait for it to load.

Place all models in same directory as exe.

I've included the sample Assault Trooper model for now.

Update (8/4/09):
-Camera X/Y/Z Position Data Added
-Polygon Count added

Controls:
-Mouse To Look Around
-Left Mouse Button to Move Foward
-Right Mouse Button To Move Backward

Download below.

OpenXDK is a homebrew kit for developing XBOX applications, but it requires a modded XBOX and is much harder then XNA.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Potassium
Years of Service
User Offline
Here's a screenshot:

Unreal 2 Engine Runtime is free for download, but you aren't allowed to make a game from it.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2009 03:28
Nice work Perhaps you could add some debug text, for camera position, or model size and scaling, total poly's, limbs and that kind of thing.

Does it support a model's animation playing ? If not that is something that would be cool.. although a bit of work to do.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
Potassium
Years of Service
User Offline
No model animations, i just found this on my computer, I may update it, I just figured it would be convient for cartoon shading.

Unreal 2 Engine Runtime is free for download, but you aren't allowed to make a game from it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 11:58:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 11:58:26