Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Revolutionary Multiplayer Scripts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2009 07:05 Edited at: 19th Aug 2009 21:40
Ok, so after lots of dreaming and wanting, I started thinking about ways to make self-healing and other various things a possibility in multiplayer.

I found the solution.

It's been right in front of our face and we just haven't seen it, until now.

The secret is to make the scripts and attach them to a weapon (on the map) as the Main AI script (while in singleplayer).

Because weapons are the only dynamic object allowed in multiplayer, the scripts work!

So far I have created 2 scripts, unfortunately, they dpon't work exactly the way they are supposed to and I am requiring assistance from anyone willing to help. (I hope Conjured or Seth Black picks up on this!)

Here they are:

In this script, I am try to make it so that any player on the map will self heal, thus eliminating the need for health packs.

I have finally found out how to display a hud and play a sound.

As I am still a n00b at scripting, I do not really know where and at what value the state commands should be.

Also I have tested these scripts as-is and they do work, but the farther away you get from the weapon that contains the scripts, the slower your health regenerates and the slower the heartbeat sound plays. And when you get closer enough to the weapon, the sound repeats sooooo fast that you can't even recognize what it is, same with the health regen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Wow, that's my longest post evar!)

MASSIVE Multiplayer game in the works. [href]www.wazoo117.webs.com[/href]
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2009 02:51 Edited at: 18th Sep 2009 05:03
EDIT

Grenadier Games
"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved with the proper application of high explosives"-Gunny
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2009 03:34
You an have dynamic objects in Multiplayer....

Build the map in Single player. Then when it's finished, Go to File>Preferences and set it to multiplayer. AS long as the dynamic objects had physics off and were immobile, they'll work great...

If I was ever given the opportunity to remove all the bad from the world, I wouldn't, because for there to be heroism, compassion and all that is good, there must also be all that is bad.
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2009 04:04
Not to be rude, but i already knew that... I was just trying to get some help with these scripts

"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives"
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2009 23:48
No help for me then?

"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives"
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 21:41
I figured out how to get the hud display script wroking and play a sound (see above)

MASSIVE Multiplayer game in the works. [href]www.wazoo117.webs.com[/href]
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 01:12
bump

Grenadier Games
"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved with the proper application of high explosives"-Gunny
JJB Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 07:36
I can't wait until these are done, if I could script, I would help you, sorry

I AM LEGEND: THE VIDEO GAME
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=152828&b=25
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2009 14:09
Still need help? I can, if you do... Just say so

My cubes keep getting caught in the vents!!!
Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2009 21:49
I had that idea before, but i havend tryied it, check my profile and see it

Marc Steene
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2009 01:55

Above is a cleaned up version of your first script.

Another cleaned up script. As far as I am aware, they should work.

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Piracy Discussion Thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142774&b=21
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2009 07:22
@marc steene

Thank you so much for helping me out a little! I really appreciate it!!!

@Wraith Staff

Ya, I could use a little help with the self heal script, It seems that it heals you properly when you are about 10 segments away from the weapon with the script on it. Then when you get farther away, you heal slower.... I dont quite get it but I'm still working on it!

Grenadier Games
Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2009 14:44
Quote: "Ya, I could use a little help with the self heal script, It seems that it heals you properly when you are about 10 segments away from the weapon with the script on it. Then when you get farther away, you heal slower.... I dont quite get it but I'm still working on it!"

Can you try hiding the weapons in different locations? maybe it works better, its a pity it doesnt work for me, i am using 1.15 and pb

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2009 15:23
Hey, just a quick question that may turn out to help you and/or help me help you...

Have you ever tried fiddling with the "setuplevel.fpi" script in the "gamebank" of your builds? It's all FPI script and that's how I make my health regeneration work... Just a thought. Though I would only work with it AFTER you build or at very least, make a backup... If so (and it isn't working) or if not (and you need help) I'll be here... Hope it works for you!

Wraith

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2009 16:51
Wraith Staff that another possible and maybe more reliable way! Great suggestion,

Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 06:16
hmm.... would it be possible to code CTF? im a total noob at scripting....

Pie? Pie is good. i like pie. i love pie actually. I WANT PIE. wait no i dont. what? IM CONFUSED!
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 08:00
Apologies for the lack of contact on my end... Internet has been giving me problems....

Anyway,

@Wraith Staff,

I have tried injecting the scripts above into the setuplevel.fpi, but it didn't work. I might have the states wrong, I will try and get it working in the meantime

@dolphin lover

As far as I know CTF is impossible ATM. BUT! Lamur Mod V2 did have an objective-based game type, not sure how it works though

Grenadier Games
Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 13:50
Wazoo, if you get the script working on the setuplevel.fpi, can you please tell me?
Send me a mail at:

Or tell my in msn:

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2009 20:18
It probably is something with the states. I'll give it a try myself and post the results. It could be a while, though.

Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2009 01:49
Any luck Wraith Staff, I'm still working on it....

Grenadier Games
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2009 04:31
Quote: "I hope Conjured or Seth Black picks up on this!"

Sorry, but I do not make multiplayer arenas because I can't test them.
So, I do single player only.

Quote: "Also I have tested these scripts as-is and they do work, but the farther away you get from the weapon that contains the scripts, the slower your health regenerates and the slower the heartbeat sound plays. And when you get closer enough to the weapon, the sound repeats sooooo fast that you can't even recognize what it is, same with the health regen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated."

That happens when I forget to set ALWAYS ACTIVE to YES.
When set to YES it will not matter how far you are away from its placement position.

Quote: "Ya, I could use a little help with the self heal script, It seems that it heals you properly when you are about 10 segments away from the weapon with the script on it. Then when you get farther away, you heal slower.... I dont quite get it but I'm still working on it!"

Set the ALWAYS ACTIVE to YES, and tell me what happens.

Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2009 05:02
Quote: "Sorry, but I do not make multiplayer arenas because I can't test them.
So, I do single player only."

Yea, I can understand that, but I can't test them either, for the health regen, I've been setting my staring health to something uder 100 and the script regens it back to 100, you just have to be creative.

Anyway, I didn't think about setting it to always active.... I will have to try that...

Grenadier Games
Illuminati is Real
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 07:02
How about they just make an Update and add Scripting to Static and Dynamic Objects, Explosive Weapons in Mutiplayer after all you are paying Money for grrr Demo Software, because missing Features on Paid software sounds like a Demo to me...You can't even run the Guns Glow Script, It has to be built in or Converted, and Converted Levels are a Pain in the you know what. I'm making a thread about my Mutiplayer Releases, I'm a noob as well but I'm talented at Level Design, and My levels are lag free and will work on Low end Laptops and other computers. XD
Illuminati is Real
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Dec 2009 07:06
Yeah guys I need HELP! with Spawning Weapons in Mutiplayer, or Single Player. I got it where it Spawns like a Cheat, lol you stand over it and you got 999999 maximum spawn. haha How do you set it up to only spawn a given weapon for 30-60 secs. On a wait timer...I've tried everything I could and just couldn't get it. I've already built 2 4 player maps and will have them for exclusive download soon. Peace.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:45:47
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:45:47