Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Cosmic Prophet's Nuke City teaser download!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 23:01
Hi all! It's Christmas day, and since I have'nt given away any models in a week, I thought it was time to give you guys a little pack to help you get through the holiday.

This is a small model pack (40 pieces) containing media from my upcoming "Nuke City" pack. It's still very much a WIP., but hopefully you'll find these useful.

Merry Christmas.

here's a few screens, enjoy!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?mljzumziznh

In the Universe, nothing ever stays the same.
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 23:02
Looks stunning! Really nice meshes and textures and all! Merry Christmas to you

I dance in tune with what I fear to do adrenaline.
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
wow!!!
Thanks for these models

Merry Christmas,BG

The vault
Braden 713
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 23:07
Thanks man, greatly appreciated as always. Looking forward to the full pack as well, it looks like it's going to be stunning! Merry Christmas to you good sir

Cheers

Life would be much easier if I had the source code.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 23:14
Wow! Stunning work! Reminds me of half-life! You screens and the models and the textures! Commercial? Sorry if that's a stupid quesstion, but I want to be sure.

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 23:17
Thanks guys!

As Always, Do whatever you want with 'em.

Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 23:18
Except claim as your own Thanks, these are nice!

Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 23:43
Woah... You really know how to keep the ball rolling with these Model Packs! Excellent Work, CP!

C.R. 2008

P.S.- Did you recieve that email I sent you the other day?

"Wether you think you can, or you think you cannot, you are usually right" - Henry Ford

DARKNESS IS COMING...2010... Where will you be?
PW Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 23:48
Reminds me of both HL and Fallout Thanks Cosmic, top notch work there!

Cheers

PwP

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Dec 2009 23:57 Edited at: 25th Dec 2009 23:58
Quote: "Woah... You really know how to keep the ball rolling with these Model Packs!"

heh, heh, 4 packs in 3 weeks. That might be a record.

Sorry Chris, I did'nt see it. Sometimes stuff ends up in my spam folder, I'll need to check.

heltor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 01:20
Nice very nice, reminds me of a movie I saw once, can't remmeber the name. I would like to talk to you about a project C.P. I'll email you later. Merry Christmas buddy.

If your not on the edge your taking up to much room!!!!!!!
Chris Redfield 2008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 01:54
(Offtopic)Hey Heltor, when do plan on relesaing those "vehicles"?

"Wether you think you can, or you think you cannot, you are usually right" - Henry Ford

DARKNESS IS COMING...2010... Where will you be?
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 02:53
these look awesome Cosmic ! But the link isnt working Could you possibly upload to fps-files ?

fpsc-world, fpsc fan site
Vista, Amd Athlon 7750 (64 bit + Dual Core), ATI Readon HD 4870 1gb Edition, 4gb Ram.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 04:43
Downloading now and will upload to fpsFREE shortly.

It's just amazing the amount and quality of work you put out Cosmic. I think you must have some little 3d elves or something. Perhaps even some modeling pixies?

Brian.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 05:11
Still awesome work, CP. I honestly didn't see Fallout or Half Life in those pics, though. The first thing I thought of when I saw them was "Borderlands". Interestingly enough, I have down on my notes for eternal to take some environments from Borderlands, so I think this will help out quite nicely. Hopefully you had a very merry Christmas, and I wish a happy New Year for you and your family.

Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW..OMG!!Cosmic Prophet, this pack is freaking Fantastic!! as always, thanks for the download! keep up the good work. Cosmic Prophet, Merry Christmas, and I wish you a happy New Year for you and your family.

Cheers,
Tanya.
Cleve Blakemore
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 06:31
Prophet, everything you do is full of WIN. I have never seen a person so generous with their creative product. Nearly every single pack you have ever done has been awesome at every level. I was just browsing through your old western pack for some antiques to put in a store window when I checked this forum.

Thanks as always.

The best game to work on is the one you enjoy playing the most.
AaronG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 06:35
I still think you should charge at least $3.50 or so for these packs...the amount of money you could be making is incredible! Haha

EGG HEAD OF DOOM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 08:50
reminds me of borderlands (except less cartoony)

charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 09:07
Wow amazing pack.Cant wait for part 2.

A.K.A djmaster
Spycrabz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 09:10
The texture on the "Supply" building looks near identical to a HL2 texture i use frequently in the source sdk

Steam: mogbog123
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 11:39
I still hadn't have time to try out your cave and ice packs and yet you give away another one - I am startzing to seriously doubt Santa Clause is more generous than you are

Thank you very much CP! I hope you enjoy your holydays and find some time to relax and charge up your batteries.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
The Master Dinasty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 11:47
Merry christmas friend

-Massap2

Beacause massa is the master!
Staring blankly at the sun waiting for my time to come...
GameRetardo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 12:07
thanks, very nice and a merry christmas to you my dear CP!

Game Freak
Bootlicker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 16:55 Edited at: 26th Dec 2009 16:57
I don't know about anyone else but I'm having problems with the platform segments. It says that the meshbank is illegal? I have looked in the meshbank and there are no files for the platforms. I have re downloaded but they are still not there. This is the same case with the flat1 and flat2 terrain segments. Everything else works fine.

Can anyone help?

Screenie attached

Thanks

Ben

Attachments

Login to view attachments
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 17:27
wow your textures has gotten a lot better. you just keep out doing your self every time.excellent work.

more than what meets the eye
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 17:58
Quote: "I don't know about anyone else but I'm having problems with the platform segments. It says that the meshbank is illegal? "

I had a quick look. I was hoping that they were just mislabeled and I could post a quick fix, but it appears that they are indeed missing. We'll just have to wait on The Cosmic Prophet to upload it again.

Brian.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Dec 2009 20:44
hmm. it looks like some of the stuff in the screenies are from other packs.

like FPSC core model pack and cyclones warehouse pack and country time.

to fenix mod!
DarkAngelOblivion TM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 12:54 Edited at: 27th Dec 2009 12:55
that scafolding looks very familier.... Hmmmm.... ah ha! FPSC core model pack #1, that is where i saw it before. Looks like you could be right.
Looks sweet though especially the shacks.

Get one better at better electrical, well we just did, DARKANGEL
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 17:09 Edited at: 27th Dec 2009 19:23
Hi all, sorry for the late reply. My power, and internet has been out due to an ice storm here in the northest.

Bootlicker: I will upload a revision later tonight with the new platforms and such. I rechecked the folders I had on my desktop that I used to make the zip archive, and they were'nt in there either. I'm not sure what happened there, I've looked twice, and they are gone. I mean totally gone. they are'nt even in my FPSC directory any more. ??????

dolphin lover: No need to worry, all the textures are from CG Textures, or dirivitives of them anyway.

Please note: that this is just a teaser for the upcoming pack. It is not an full release so-to-speak, but rather a WIP I wanted to share with you all.

Bugsy: Hi bro, yeah I was playing around with different elements to see how they would look. All of the media, will be replaced with similar types of entities, but will retain the overall look of the stuff in the screen shots. This will be another Country Time expansion, and will include a new set of landscape segs to use, based on the CT packs.

I guess, my goal here, was to give you guys a little something for the holiday, and to see what you guys think. If you have any ideas, or if you think I should change anything. Or even if I'm on the right track as far as a small post-Apocolyptic, rag-tag city goes. I'm hoping to have the complete pack done in a week or two. So let me know soon.

I did intend to post all this prior to now, but that storm shut me down. I've been living by candle light for two days.

Anyway, Have a look, and give me your thoughts, and or ideas on how I can put this thing together to best suit your needs.

Thanks my friends! let me know your thoughts on this.

xplosys: Hi Brian, I was going to send you an e-mail regarding this give-away, but as I said, that storm knocked me out.
Now that we've got power again, I'll do a quick fix of the teaser pack, and send it to you. Thanks my friend.

I will start a new sneak peek thread as this pack developes further.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 20:38
well, just so you know, I live in the heart of scenic occlusion zone, chernobyl. it's nice here, and the post- apocalyptic environment is very inspirational, as well as beautiful. so I'd be great for some suggestions with this pack.

Quote: "If you have any ideas, or if you think I should change anything. Or even if I'm on the right track as far as a small post-Apocolyptic, rag-tag city goes."

ok, well you're definately on the right track here, so here are some suggestions.

little metal shack entities. one room size. (maybe 1x2 segments)
I noticed it looked like you had some of these. nice work.

wooden planks and scaffolds to reach the ones built high in the mountains. looks like you used the scaffolds from FPSC core model pack #1

dead grass billbard.

makeshift generators. (small and big. these will probably be used as cover in most games) looks like you already have one. bravo.

old burnt out cars. this will add to the atmosphere. looks like you have some.

old abandoned buildings for those apocalypse scenarios right here in good ole chernobyl!

hanging wires and broken pillars. for decorating insides.

I hate having to rotate boards just right and fit them in open barrels for a real looking fire barrel. how about some barrels that already have that done for them?

those were some suggestions, but I totally trust you to make a really amazing pack, Cosmic Prophet. maybe you should visit me here some time for some inspirational atmosphere, and good food.

to fenix mod!
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 21:24
Quote: "I live in the heart of scenic occlusion zone, chernobyl."

What?! I thought people were banned from living there? I heard that Infinity Ward were told to only stay for a day when they took reference pics for CoD 4, otherwise the radiation levels would become dangerous...

Another great pack CP, and exactly the theme I needed for my new project. Do I have permission to use this media in Unreal UDK? If you want I could send you the finished package to redistribute.

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 22:52 Edited at: 27th Dec 2009 23:02
CoffeeGrunt: Anyone can use "any" of the stuff I've ever made for anything you want buddy. It's all free, all the time. Have fun!

Hmmm, I should make a banner with that on it.

Bugsy: Great, thank you my friend, the fire cans are a definite addition then. anything that will make it easier for folks to do stuff is always a go.

Are you all wanting smaller type buildings and such, to build a makeshift type of city, or town, or the ruins of a bigger city?

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 22:58
well, I keep hidden, CG. I can get you in if you want. where I am there is a man powered generator! bring your laptop and we can FPSC together XD

@cosmic prophet: that building with the "SUPPLY" text on it: nice job, is that pre-built, or are you making a set of those letters?

to fenix mod!
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 23:01
I can do the entire English alphabet if you guys need it?

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 23:04
It would be nice for an RPG town. having buildings that say what they are.

probably make for some nice gameplay. something FPSC needs but doesnt have. If you can, do it.

btw, I love your building block pack !

to fenix mod!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Dec 2009 23:05
Quote: "Are you all wanting smaller type buildings and such, to build a makeshift type of city, or town, or the ruins of a bigger city?"

I've seen some pictures of supposed post apocalyptic cities that have those little shacks stacked up to make a make-shift city, made of any materials available. I guess there wouldn't be anything left of any size, so all the shacks are quite small and made from different things. It make for an interesting environment.

Brian.

Zwarte Piet
Years of Service
User Offline
Holy Cow MR. Prophet I heard you ere the best. I believe it now, do you have any tips for someone who wants to start to make models? Thank You
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2009 02:38
Zwarte Piet: Welcome. Sure, Start simple, work hard, stay focused on your goals, and practice every minute you can afford. The old saying; Practice makes perfect is an undeniable truth. there is a wealth of info online, and here on the forums. Be patient, and ask questions when in doubt.

There are many extreimly talanted folks here, and you can learn a lot from them. I hope we will someday soon see some neat stuff from you.

Good luck in all you do.

xplosys: Got ya buddy, I'm on it then.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Dec 2009 04:32
I was thinking more of little shacks built in a large open area in between larger buildings. sort of a commerce area for looters and bandits.

to fenix mod!
Lexi
Years of Service
User Offline
Reminds me Terminator Salvation Movie !

BTW, your models are really amazing !
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2009 22:13
I noiticed that I get a runtime error on the scaffolding pieces. and I don't see anything in the meshbank for them. what's up with that?

to fenix mod!
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2010 00:35
I know, just hold out a little while longer, I've nearly got the whole thing done. I'm down to the last 10 models, and going strong.

Should be ready to go in a few days. Say Bugsy, you feel like beta testing this one? I need to ask Brian if he's up for it as well.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2010 02:56
Yeah, I've got time. Whenever you're ready. I'd like to have some of this for a game I'm working on now. LOL

Brian.

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2010 05:09
Thanks Brian, I'll send it your way as soon as it's ready.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2010 05:14
Oh no! Thank you. I insist.

Brian.

Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2010 05:51
I'd love to beta test this one! what an opportunity.

wray2u@gmail.com

~note I may not be able to test until the third or fourth. if that'll delay the release, then don't send it, just release it.

to fenix mod!
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
Happy New Years Everybody!!
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2010 06:19
OK, You got it. thanks guys.

Hi Tanya. A Very Happy New Year to you dear. I hope the new year brings you all the joy and happiness you desire.

And a Happy New Year to all of you. Thanks for sticking with me through the past year, You guys are the best.

teamhalo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2010 07:36
These look great, I'd love to see some screens of what you've got in the works right now.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:09:07
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:09:07